move 2: Lovely Kiss
move 3: Psyshock / Psychic
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is Jynx's all-ou-offense set. Fortunately, Jynx posses the Speed and movepool to
-Basic idea of the set is to put your opponent's pokemon to sleep on turn one then set up a nasty plot.
-Psyshock can be used to hit special walls that come in to wall Jynx and Psychic is a powerful special STAB
-Ice beam is its second STAB

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Life Orb can be used for more power while lefties can be used for more surviveability.
-Blizzard should be used over Ice Beam when using Jynx in a Hail team.
-Teammates:, Rapid Spinners like Claydol

[SET]
name: Scarf
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Psyshock / Psychic
move 3: Lovely Kiss / Energy Ball
move 4: Focus Blast
item: Leftovers

[SET COMMENTS]
-Revenge killing set
-Ice Beam + Psy's are stabs
-Energy Ball hits bulky waters that try to come in and resist ice-beam
-Focus Blast hits dark types

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Choice Scarf for more speed
-Standard EV spread
-Teammates snover and rapid spinners like Claydol

[SET]
name: SubNP
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Lovely Kiss

[SET COMMENTS]

-Nasty Plot works well behind a sub
-Ice Beam = powerful STAB

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Lefties to ensure better survivability
-Use Blizzard over Ice Beam if you plan on using Jynx on a Hail team
Calm Mind can be used over Nasty Plot
-Teammates= , Claydol!

name: Luna
move 2: Calm Mind
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
-While Jynx may not have the best Defense, it does have a good special defense.
-Calm Mind works well behind a sub
-Ice Beam = powerful STAB
-Psyshock or Psychic = 2nd powerful STAB

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
-Lefties to ensure better survivability
-Use Blizzard over Ice Beam if you plan on using Jynx on a Hail team
-Teammates=-, Claydol!
-EVs allow Jynx's sub to survive hits from lanturn and other bulky waters

[Checks and Counters]

-any physical attacker
-stong Scarf fire types
-hariyama; klinklang
-Cincinno

[Other Options]

-Wish
-Mean Look + Perish Song
Fake Tears,
Wring Out,
Taunt,
Dual Screens,
Magic Coat,
Heal Bell

no, ALWAYS use dry skin, it's far superior to the other abilities. Being able to set up on bulky waters is an invaluable skill. I'd remove it from OO for sure

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Needs a Choice Scarf set since Scarf Jynx with Ice Beam, Psychic / Psyshock, Energy Ball and Focus Blast is a great revenge killer to a variety of threats. It also does great at switching in on Water-types, too.

Specs may also be viable, but you'd have to check that with a member of QC...

Also echoing the above.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Oh yeah, Choice items on Jynx is bad because many Pokémon resists her STAB moves. This I heard when I did UU Jynx; however, I don't know if this applies in RU though.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SubCM needs Lovely Kiss and some HP. The set you have right now is just completely inferior to the Nasty Plot set and will never get a chance to set up. Change the 4th slot to Lovely Kiss / Psyshock and give it enough HP that Lanturn and defensive Omastar can't break its Subs.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scarf Jynx is a total bitch to face, especially on a hail team
The Choice set should have Lovely Kiss>Energy Ball imo, the fast sleep is invaluable.

I also want to see a SubNP set, it is amazing against slower teams.

[SET]
name: SubNP
move 2: Nasty Plot

Sleep stuff, set up and sweep.

Once all the changes are in VM me for a QC check.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Major points about SubNP: Decimates slow teams, causes issues for faster teams if it can get in on a Pokemon with <95 speed. Isn't difficult to get 2 Nasty Plots against many teams. Lovely Kiss is a complete bitch, misses at the worst times. If your facing scarfed U-turn/volt switchers, be prepared to predict well. Ice Beam is its best STAB. Dry Skin offers it pretty good switch in oppurtunities. Sub is a must, if you get caught by a Pursuit user you dont outspeed without a Scarf you will die. Good teammates include Poekemon that maintain offensive momentum and can force switches, as well as Pokemon that can take out RestTalk phazers, notably Munchlax and Hariyama who can take you all day with Thick Fat.

The overview should make mention of its great speed in RU, 95 just outpaces many things. Try and flesh that out a little if you can.

I'm fine with the NP and SubNP sets remaining separate as they play completely differently but they could be merged, I'll talk to the other QCs about it.

Sub Calm Mind would like some more teammates now that Snover is gone. For that matter, Sub Calm mind seems almost identical to SubNP which is a vastly better set so consider making Calm Mind an AC spot on the Sub NP set, again, I'll discuss with QC.

Scarf looks good, but again, no more Snover

Checks and Counters: considerably strong physical attackers-->any physical attacker, it has crap defense; scarf fire types-->Strong scarf pokemon, fire and fighting being the best choice; add munchlax; hariyama; klinklang as a check, as it can take one +2 Ice Beam and OHKO back with Gear Grind; Cincinno as well will KO an Jynx behind a Sub with Rock Blast if it gets more than 2 hits

Other Options: Cjoice set is already mentioned, Wish is mentioned twice, +Fake Tears, +Wring Out, +Taunt, +Dual Screens, +Magic Coat, +Heal Bell

Add/fix all of this, then VM me again and I'll approve it.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Where's the SubCM set? I don't think my fellow QC members intended for you to replace it entirely with the SubNP set haha.

Add this set:
name: SubCM (or Luna if you want give respects to FlareBlitz)
move 2: Calm Mind
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe

The given EV spread prevent its subs from being broken by bulky water types like Lanturn, so this set is not just a palette swap of the NP set.

Add this set and i'll approve.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
choosing between subcm jynx and subnp jynx is like choosing between subcm missy and subnp missy in UU; do you want more immediate power or a power tank?

subcm should remain as a separate set

Texas Cloverleaf

Problem is Jynx cant afford the extra time taken to set up as it only has one immunity as opposed to 2, a shitton more weaknesses courtesy of the Ice-typing and shittastic defense to try and keep a sub alive with.

Ok I added it. But, I have a question. PK, you said that these EVs allow Jynx's sub to take hits from Bulky Waters, but doesn't dry skin anyway make Jynx immune to Water-type moves?

I'm not sure if you have to be a special member to post here, but I was just thinking that we should probably get rid of the stuff about using blizzard instead of ice beam because snow warning got banned

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok I added it. But, I have a question. PK, you said that these EVs allow Jynx's sub to take hits from Bulky Waters, but doesn't dry skin anyway make Jynx immune to Water-type moves?
Haha right, slip of the tongue, I probably should have stated bulky waters like Lanturn, which has coverage moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)