Jynx (Ubers Analysis)

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Jynx'd

QC checks: shrang, Tobes, trickroom (and Jibaku)
GP checks: SuperJOCKE, commathew6

[Overview]

<p>The Dream World gave Jynx a new ability: Dry Skin. This ability allows Jynx to switch into one of the biggest threats in Ubers: Kyogre. Kyogre packs one of the strongest move in the metagame, Water Spout, and instead of being swiftly OHKOed by the move, Jynx will actually restore its health. Dry Skin also restores 12.5% of Jynx's health each turn in rain, which is very common in Ubers. Jynx's stats are also pretty impressive; she has a high base 115 Special Attack, good base 95 Speed and passable base 95 Special Defense. Unfortunately, Jynx's low base 35 Defense means that pretty much any physical attack will likely KO Jynx, and her weakness to Stealth Rock won't be doing her any favors. However, don't let these drawbacks fool you, because Jynx has access to a deadly combination: Lovely Kiss and Nasty Plot. Lovely Kiss allows Jynx to put any of her counters to sleep and set up Nasty Plot right in front of them.</p>

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Lovely Kiss
move 2: Nasty Plot
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Substitute / Focus Blast
item: Leftovers
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Timid
evs: 232 HP / 60 SpD / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The goal of this set is to annoy the opponent, while being able to recover a lot of HP back with Dry Skin and set up. Nasty Plot, in conjuction with Lovely Kiss, form the main key of the set—Lovely Kiss puts Jynx's counters to sleep, and Nasty Plot allows Jynx to set up on them. Ice Beam is Jynx's STAB and main move; Ice Beam is very good in Ubers, as the metagame has a lot of Dragon-type Pokemon that are hit super effectively by it. After a single Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO Standard Giratina-O and 2HKO offensive Mewtwo, Giratina, Lugia, Arceus, and Dialga. However, Stealth Rock is needed to score the KO on Dialga. Substitute grants Jynx another chance to set up after you put a Pokemon to sleep with Lovely Kiss, while Focus Blast gives you better coverage, though the move should only be used with Life Orb.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed HP EVs hit a Dry Skin number, allow Jynx to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times, and give her optimal bulk; Jynx will never get 2HKOed by Timid Choice Scarf Kyogre's Thunder, Manaphy won't 2HKO Jynx with +3 Grass Knot or +3 Life Orb Ice Beam, Draco Meteor coming from Modest Dialga will not OHKO, Life Orb Mewtwo cannot OHKO Jynx under Rain without a Calm Mind boost, and Ferrothorn's Power Whip will not OHKO. Timid with 216 Speed EVs let Jynx outspeed Reshiram and Dialga, who can ruin Jynx's sweep. Leftovers is very good in conjuction with Dry Skin, as it restores 18.75% of Jynx's HP each turn, which is almost a free Substitute; at full health, Jynx can create 12 Substitutes. Life Orb is a good option if you're looking for more offensive power and Dry Skin nullifies the recoil damage. Life Orb grants you a few important KOs as well, such as the ability to 2HKO Ferrothorn with +2 Ice Beam. Icicle Plate is a solid option for the mono-attacker Jynx as well, as it grants Jynx the same KOs as Life Orb but without the recoil. Frost Breath can be used over Ice Beam, as it allows you to win in set-up wars because Frost Breath will always land a crit.</p>

<p>Because of Dry Skin, Jynx is able to beat the mono-attacking Kyogre by itself. Jynx needs rain support, as Dry Skin is her main niche in Ubers, so Kyogre makes an ideal partner. Jynx also appreciates entry hazards, most notably Spikes and Stealth Rock, as they can guarantee a few KOs. Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress can supply those, while Forretress can provide Rapid Spin and Vold Switch support as well. All of the aforementioned three synergize well with Jynx. Ground-types are good parnters, as they attract Water- and Ice-type moves for Jynx to set up on, and are immune to Thunder aimed at Jynx. Excadrill should be especially noted because it also provides Rapid Spin support. Toxic Spikes are optional; they allow Jynx to take on special walls better but won't let Jynx put them to sleep. However, most of the Pokemon you would put to sleep, such as Dialga and Ferrothorn, are immune to Toxic Spikes anyway.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Jynx can run a Calm Mind set, but she is too frail to use it in Ubers; Nasty Plot gives Jynx more immediate power. Psyshock is a good option over Focus Blast or Substitute, as it allows Jynx to hit Chansey, Blissey, and Calm Mind Kyogre harder, but Psyshock is pretty weak in the Ubers metagame. Jynx can also opt to use a PerishTrapper set, having access to both Mean Look and Perish Song, but as previously mentioned, Jynx is just too frail. Grass Knot can be used in order to beat offensive Calm Mind Kyogre, as Grass Knot hits Kyogre harder than Psyshock. Jynx also has a large support movepool, including Sweet Kiss, Toxic, Taunt, Light Screen, and Reflect. Wish is also an option, but Chansey and Blissey are much better Pokemon because of their much higher HP.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any weather outside of rain really messes things up for Jynx, especially Sun, as it will decrease Jynx's HP each turn thanks to Dry Skin's effect. Groudon brings immediate sun to the battleground, but it cannot switch in safely due to Ice Beam. Tyranitar changes weather as well, doesn't care about Ice Beam and has super effective STAB moves, though it is OHKOed by a +2 Focus Blast. Some Arceus Formes, such as Fire Arceus and Steel Arceus, laugh at Ice Beam, set up on Jynx with Calm Mind or Swords Dance, and strike her with super effective STAB Judgment or a physical attack aimed at her low Defense. Other Arceus Formes, such as Ghost Arceus and Rock Arceus, will take more damage from Ice Beam, but will do their job reliably.</p>

<p>Scizor resists Ice Beam and has super effective moves. Scizor is slower than Jynx, can U-turn out, break Jynx's Substitute, and give the incoming teammate momentum. Cloyster does not care about Ice Beam, can Shell Smash, procceed to use Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, to break through Jynx's Substitute, and OHKO her. Manaphy uses rain against Jynx, as Hydration cures Lovely Kiss, and Manaphy can set up Tail Glow or Calm Mind on Jynx. Giratina-O is OHKOed by +2 Ice Beam, but has Shadow Sneak, so if Jynx is not behind a Substitute, Giratina-O can OHKO her. Offensive Calm Mind Kyogre with Thunder beats Jynx one-on-one, but must be wary of freeze status, critical hits, Psyshock, and Grass Knot. Ho-Oh has enormous Special Defense, which lets it tank Ice Beams and hit Jynx back with Sacred Fire, while being able to recover its health via Recover or Roost. Heatran walls Jynx completely, but since she is usually used on Rain teams, Heatran is not much of a threat to her. Tentacruel takes nothing from Ice Beam, but is weak to Psyshock and can't do anything back. All of the aforementioned counters, bar Manaphy, will not enjoy being asleep. </p>

I know this is only a Skeleton, but I have been using Nasty Plot Jynx in Ubers a lot the past few months, so I feel like I can help.

Lovely Kiss is your best move. You can shut down counters with it, gain setup opportunities and support your team. Would you use Darkrai without Dark Void ? Smeargle without Spore ? I don't think so. It needs to be the main move, you can slash a coverage move over Substitute if you want.

Psyshock is kinda underwhelming in the tier. It doesn't help at all against things that don't care about Ice Beam (SDef Jirachi, SDef Tyranitar, Heatran, Steel Arceus, Cloyster, Scizor). If you want a coverage that beat most of the forementionned Pokemons use Focus Blast. If you want a move that OHKOs all Kyogres at +2, Psyshock fails against Bold ones, use Grass Knot.

Timid maximizes your Speed, allowing you to speedtie with Rayquaza and outspeed Reshiram and Dialga
Why would you want to tie with Rayquaza ? He has Extreme Speed (and OHKOs you with it). Run 216 Speed EV and Timid, that's far enough.

I have been using a bulkier spread of 252 HP - 40 SDef - 216 Speed + Timid. The loss of power is not so significant, after a Nasty plot you still OHKO Giratina, Lugia, Mewtwo and still 2HKO SDef Ferrothorn, Dialga or Arceus.
The added bulk is useful in a lot of situations :
- You don't get 2HKOd by Scarf Thunder from Timid Kyogre (no SR)
- Manaphy doesn't 2HKO with +3 Grass Knot or +3 Life Orb Ice Beam
- You can live up to Scarf Draco Meteor from Modest Dialga
- Life Orb Mewtwo can't OHKO you without a Calm Mind (in the Rain)
- Ferrothorn doesn't OHKO with Power Whip

Agreeing with most of what Koinzell said, though there are a few innaccuracies; Giratina and Lugia are not OHKOed by +2 Ice Beam with just LO and no investment, and Arceus is not 2HKOed by +2 uninvested Ice Beam, though Focus Blast does 2HKO it. 252 SpA Jynx doesn't gain any KOs over uninvested. Also, Icicle Plate seems to be a better choice for mono-attacker Jynx. It has no recoil and picks up the same KOs as LO, barring Mewtwo, who is still OHKOed by a +2 IB after rocks. So the set should be:

item: Icicle Plate / Life Orb
evs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe

Also be sure to mention some of the bulleted points in Koinzell's post in your skeleton.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah, I personally think that Leftovers is a better item on Jynx. You get 18.75% recovery per turn, which is almost a free Sub (you can make 12 from full health to stall out Ferrothorn and the like). There's no need for more power when you can set up on more than half the metagame anyway. I really just think it should be this:

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot (Or, you can call it Luna, although that's more associated with CM than NP)
move 1: Substitute
move 4: Lovely Kiss
evs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe

In my opinion, none of the moves listed are replaceable by anything. Don't bother with Focus Blast hitting Tyranitar, it's rare and you have 5 other Pokemon to beat it anyway. Same goes with Heatran, although it doesn't threaten rain teams at all. Lovely Kiss is way too important to miss out. It is the thing that allows Jynx to start setting up if there aren't Water attacks flying around the place.

The 44 EVs can go in anywhere, really. I put them in SpA, but it really doesn't matter. If you want an idea of how I think Jynx should be played, just watch this: http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-shrang-test-vs-christos21--2011-12-13

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
I feel that although the analysis has yet to be completed that Jynx would like some great partners :D. I think Kyogre and Swift Swim sweepers like Jynx a lot since she effectively lures in Ferrothorn and with Nasty Plot, Focus Blast, and Life Orb manages to OHKO it almost all the time assuming it took rocks damage. In return they revenge STUFF. Jynx also is an overall wonderful Specs Ogre switch in since IT EATS ITS SPOUT AND USES ITS WATER TO POLISH ITS SINGING (inb4 mirror breaks, also assuming that it takes Choice specs thunders since its not 2HKOed by scarfed ones)! It can also murder it with a Grass Knot :P.

Also it doesn't beat Blissey but it looks like it can with Tspikes support (that sub stalling) so maybe that should also get an AC Mention?

In my opinion, none of the moves listed are replaceable by anything. Don't bother with Focus Blast hitting Tyranitar, it's rare and you have 5 other Pokemon to beat it anyway.
Agree it's rare, but Tyranitar might very well Pursuit you so you can at least force it into mind games with Focus Blast.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also it doesn't beat Blissey but it looks like it can with Tspikes support (that sub stalling) so maybe that should also get an AC Mention?
Put it to sleep and set up on it. Pretty easy.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
@Shrang- the idea was that the opponents sends sleep fodder or sends some steel which gets put to sleep and Blissey switches in, Bliss cant destroy subs and be alive due to tspikes so it gives a nasty plot when it sboils.

Furai

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fuck, I was just about to finish the skeleton and I clicked the wrong button. BS.

Anyway, 232 HP / 60 SpD / 216 Spe Timid is what I'm going to post. It gives you a Dry Skin number and allows you to switch into SR 5 times, while your bulk still remains.

Skeleton is now up.

Giratina and Lugia are not OHKOed by +2 Ice Beam with just LO and no investment, and Arceus is not 2HKOed by +2 uninvested Ice Beam
I meant with a Life Orb.

+2 LO Ice Beam from uninvested Jynx against 252 HP Arceus : 57.4% - 67.8%
+2 LO Ice Beam from uninvested Jynx against 248 HP 12 SDef Giratina : 101.4% - 119.3%
+2 LO Ice Beam from uninvested Jynx against 252 HP 80 SDef Lugia : 93.8% - 110.1%

But Icicle Plate sounds like a very good idea.

Shrang, the thing with Leftovers and no investement is that Jynx starts being pretty weak. My main concern is that you no longer 2HKO SDef Dialga and Ferrothorn, it's also easier for SD Arceus to setup on you.

I was planning on testing Leftovers Jynx latter, but with Calm Mind + Frost Breath. The thing with Nasty Plot mono-Ice Jynx is that it loses to Calm Mind Manaphy and Offensive Calm Mind Kyogre. Calm Mind Jynx would help with those two issues, while being able to setup on stuff like Scarf Palkia if it switches into you.

About the Skeleton :

Focus Blast needs the Life Orb to get KOs, either give Life Orb a slash or mention both in AC.

Tentacruel is not a good partner, you already have a Kyogre you don't want anything else that attracts choice Thunders from Kyogre. Forretress is better, it can also support Jynx with a slow Volt-Switch.

You want to mention a Ground partner, to attract Water and Ice moves and take Thunders for Jynx. Garchomp or GroundCeus, just NOT Groudon lol.

Jynx needs another soft-Kyogre check as a partner to scout Kyogre's set. Support Dialga is perfect for that, since he can phaze offensive Calm Mind Kyogre if needed and really appreciates when choice Kyogre expects a Jynx switch and locks himself into Thunder.

Toxic Spikes can be used to make it easier against Special Walls, but Lovely Kiss is enough.
Heh, not quite, Toxic Spikes are wonderfull with Dry Skin + Substitute, it doesn't conflict with Lovely Kiss too much, the things you need to put to sleep are immune to TSpikes (Dialga, Ferro, Ho-Oh).

In Other Options :

Remove Heal Bell, afaik it's illegal with Dry Skin. Mention Taunt, while it is worse than Substitute in most cases, it does prevent Roar, which means stuff like Rest-Talk Roar Kyogre no longer stops you. Mention Wish/Protects, with a 252 HP - 252 SDef Spread a Calm nature and Protect, Jynx can avoid a 2HKO from even Specs Kyogre, unfortunatly Jynx HP is a little low for Wish passing.

In the Checks section :

Mention Cloyster, he can take a boosted Ice Beam, use Shell Smash and kill you through your Substitute with Icicle Spear (yup, he doesn't even need to risk a Rock Blast miss). Mention Calm Mind Manaphy as a counter, he doesn't even care about Lovely Kiss, Tail Glow Manaphy is a little more iffy, but since you have Leftovers he does beat you as well.

shrang

General Kenobi
Yeah, I wanted to write this up, but whatever. Just mention that every single counter that you've mentioned, with the exception of Manaphy, must watch out for Lovely Kiss if Sleep Clause has not activated.

QC APPROVED 1/3

• very good base 95 Speed and SpD
I remembered Rayquaza has been mentioned of having low base Speed for Ubers standard. I think you should just put good base Speed and passable SpD. Base 95 SpD isn't that awesome in Ubers with that low HP.

At +2 able to OHKO Standard Gira-o and 2HKO offensive Mewtwo, Giratina, Lugia, Dialga (with SR), and Arceus.
Are you sure? You lack LO now.

+2 Ice Beam vs Lugia = 73.6% - 86.5%
+2 Ice Beam vs Giratina = 77.5% - 91.8%

Calm Mind Kyogre with Thunder beats you. Even if Kyogre has only Calm Mind, Ice Beam and Surf, it will still beat Nasty Plot Jynx in the end. Unless you have Psychock, Jynx will lose to non Mono Calm Mind Kyogre. Metagross is a good check as it has decent bulk and Bullet Punch to pick you off.

QC APPROVED 3/3

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the 2HKO lol, I saw OHKO.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
darn it i wanted to qc this earlier but forgot...

Unless you have Psychock, Jynx will lose to non Mono Calm Mind Kyogre
Keep in mind the chance of critical hitting here. If you fire 11 Ice Beams, there's a 50% chance that one of those will crit. Of course, though, Ice Beam's PP kind of sucks so you can't rely on critting at all. But don't ignore that possibility.

Lovely Kiss and Substitute is a deadly combo. The fact that you can make so many Substitutes + 3 more per unbroken Substitute makes this even scarier. Though Jynx has a lot of things revenging her, I don't think anything else really forces you to predict between her Subbing or putting you to sleep, since you can fire off Substitutes kind of recklessly. Take this as my unofficial QC approval ;)

Also Frost Breath is an interesting option.

Furai

trickroom, that's still a 2HKO lol. Will mention CM Kyogre.

I will mention critical hit chance and freeze chance, Jibaku, as well as Frost Breath.

Will get to the write-up now!

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I tried Jynx and I liked it quite a bit. Everything of note has been pretty much pointed out but I'd rather move Icicle Plate to AC and keep Leftovers the mian slash. The main draw for me when using Jynx was the ability to Substitute and Lovely Kiss like Jibaku said.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Placeholder. Checking this.

EDIT:

Add
Remove
Comments

Jynx'd

QC checks: shrang, Tobes, trickroom (and Jibaku)
GP checks: ,

[Overview]

<p>The Dream World gave introduced a new ability for Jynx gave; Jynx a new ability: Dry Skin. This ability allows Jynx to switch into one of the biggest threats in Ubers: Kyogre. Kyogre packs the strongest move in the metagame, Water Spout, and Dry Skin means ensures that Jynx will not take any damage from it, but gain health back instead. Dry Skin also brings restores back 12.5% of Jynx's health back each turn assuming the weather is Rain in rain, which is very common in Ubers. Jynx's stats are also pretty impressive; she has a high base 115 Special Attack, good base 95 Speed and passable base 95 Special Defense. But Unfortunately, Jynx's low base 35 Defense means that pretty much any physical attack will KO Jynx.[remove period],[add comma] Jynx while she is also weak to Stealth Rock, stripping 25% of her health each time she switches in; each time Jynx switches into it, they take 25% of Jynx's health. However, don't let these drawbacks fool you, because Jynx gets has access to a deadly combination: Lovely Kiss and Nasty Plot. Lovely Kiss allows Jynx to put to sleep any of her counters to sleep, and set up Nasty Plot right in front of them.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The goal of this set is to annoy the opponent, while being able to recover a lot of HP back with Dry Skin and setting up. Nasty Plot in conjuction with Lovely Kiss form the main key of the set; Lovely Kiss puts Jynx's counters to asleep, and Nasty Plot allows you Jynx to set up on them. Ice Beam is Jynx's STAB and main move; Ice Beam is very good in Ubers,[add comma] as the metagame has lots of Dragon-type Pokemon that are hit super effectively by it. After a single Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO Standard Giratina-O and 2HKO offensive Mewtwo, Giratina, Lugia, Arceus, and Dialga - if Stealth Rock is on the field(this confuses me. Does this apply to all Pokemon or just Dialga? Let me and I'll let you know if you need to change it). Substitute grants you Jynx another chance to set up after you she has put a Pokemon to sleep with Lovely Kiss, while Focus Blast gives you better coverage,[add comma] -[remove hyphen] though Focus Blast should only be used with Life Orb.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed HP EVs hit a Dry Skin number, allows Jynx to switch int Stealth Rock,(I don't get what you mean by this, either mention a specific number of times or remove it) and give her optimum optimal bulk; Jynx will never get 2HKOed by Timid Choice Scarf Kyogre's Thunder, Manaphy won't 2HKO Jynx with +3 Grass Knot or +3 Life Orb Ice Beam, Draco Meteor coming from Modest Dialga will not OHKO, while Life Orb Mewtwo cannot OHKO Jynx under Rain without a Calm Mind boost, and Ferrothorn's Power Whip will not OHKO as well. Timid with 216 Speed EVs let Jynx outspeed Reshiram and Dialga, who can ruin Jynx's sweep. Leftovers is very good in conjuction with Dry Skin, as it gives restores Jynx 18.75% of your Jynx's HP per each turn, which is almost a free Substitute; from at full health, Jynx can create 12 Substitutes. Life Orb is a good option if you're looking for more offensive power,[remove comma] and Dry Skin nullifies the recoil damage anyway. Life Orb grants you a few important KOs as well, such as the ability to 2HKO Ferrothorn with a +2 Ice Beam. Icicle Plate is a solid option for the mono-attacker Jynx as well, as it grants you Jynx the same KOs as Life Orb but without the recoil. Frost Breath can be used over Ice Beam, as it allows you to win in set-up wars because Frost Breath will always land a crit.</p>

<p>Because of Dry Skin, Jynx is able to beat the mono-attacking Kyogre by itself. Jynx needs Rain rain support, because as Dry Skin is her main niche in Ubers, so Kyogre makes an ideal partner. Jynx also appreciates Entry Hazards entry hazards, most notable Spikes and Stealth Rock, as they can guarantee a few KOs for Jynx. Ferrothorn, Skarmory, or and Forretress can supply those, while Forretress can provide Rapid Spin and Vold Switch support too as well. All three of the aforementioned three synergize well with Jynx. Ground-types are good parnters, as they attract Water- and Ice-type moves for Jynx to set up on, and are immune to Thunder aimed at Jynx. Excadrill should be especially noted because it also provides Rapid Spin support. Toxic Spikes are optional; they allow you Jynx to take on better special walls, such as Chansey or and Blissey, better but won't let you Jynx put them to sleep. However, most of the Pokemon you would put to sleep, such as Dialga and Ferrothorn, are immune to Toxic Spikes anyway, such as Dialga and Ferrothorn.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Jynx can run a Calm Mind set, but she is too frail to use it in for Ubers.[remove period];[add semicolon] Nasty Plot gives you Jynx immediate notable power. Psyshock is a good option over Focus Blast or Substitute, as it allows you Jynx to hit Chansey, Blissey, and Calm Mind Kyogre harder, but Psyshock is pretty weak in the Ubers metagame. Jynx can also opt to use a PerishTrapper set, having access to both Mean Look and Perish Song, but as said mentioned, Jynx is just too frail. Grass Knot can be used in order to beat offensive Calm Mind Kyogre,[add comma] as it Grass Knot hits Kyogre harder than Psyshock. Jynx also has a large support movepool of support moves, such as including Sweet Kiss, Toxic, Taunt, Light Screen, and Reflect. Wish is also an option, but Jynx's HP is very low,[add comma] and Blissey or and Chansey fill perform that role better.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any weather outside of Rain really messes things up for Jynx, especially Sun,[add comma] because as it will decrease Jynx's HP each turn thanks to Dry Skin's effect because of Dry Skin. Groudon brings Sun immediately sun to the battleground, but it cannot switch in safely due to Ice Beam. Tyranitar changes weather as well, doesn't care about Ice Beam and has super effective STABs moves, though he it is OHKOed by a +2 Focus Blast. Some Arceus Formes,[add comma] such as like Fire Arceus and Steel Arceus,[add comma]-Fire and -Steel laugh at Ice Beam, set up on Jynx with Calm Mind or Swords Dance, and strike her with super effective STAB Judgment or a physical attack,[add comma] aimed at Jynx's her low Defense. Other Arceus Formes, such as Arceus-Ghost Arceus or and -[remove hyphen]Rock Arceus will take more than damage from Ice Beam,[add comma] but will do their job reliably.</p>
[space]
<p>Scizor resists Ice Beam and has super effective moves.Because Scizor is slower than Jynx, it can U-turn out, breaking Jynx's Substitute,[add comma] and gives the opponent the incoming teammate momentum. Cloyster does not care about Ice Beam, can Shell Smash,[add comma] and procceed to use Icicle Spear or Rock Blast Jynx, even to break through her Jynx's Substitute, and for the OHKO her. Manaphy uses your the opponent's own rain against yourself Jynx, because as Hydration curess Lovely Kiss, and Manaphy can set up Tail Glow or Calm Mind on Jynx. Giratina-O is OHKOed by +2 Ice Beam, but has Shadow Sneak, so if Jynx is not behind a Substitute, it Giratina-O can just OHKO her. Offensive Calm Mind Kyogre with Thunder beats you Jynx one-on-one, but must be wary of Freeze freeze status, critical hits or Critical Hit chances, Psyshock,[add comma] or and Grass Knot. Ho-Oh has enormous Special Defense,[add comma] which lets it tank Ice Beams and able to hit Jynx back with Sacred Fire or Brave Bird, while still being able to Roost recover its health back. Heatran walls you Jynx completely, but since Jynx she is usually used on Rain teams, Heatran is not much of a threat to her. Tentacruel is weak to Psyshock, takes nothing from Ice Beam, but is weak to Psyshock and can't do anything back. All of the aforementioned counters,[add comma] but bar Manaphy,[add comma] will not enjoy being asleep under Sleep status.[remove space]</p>

Whoa, finally done. Hopefully this will do for now.

-Status is not capitalized, applies to critical hit as well
-You seem to use "you" instead of "Jynx". You never do something in a battle, the Pokemon does, but you choose the EVs, moves, etc. Remember that.
-In Checks and Counters, you're not talking about the Pokemon's perspective, but rather when you face it yourself.
-Contact me about that Stealth Rock problem in the Set Comments when you see it and I'll tell you what to do.

Other than that:

GP Approved 1/2

EDIT:

Since you contacted me, I'll tell you what do:

After a single Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO Standard Giratina-O,[add comma] and 2HKO offensive Mewtwo, Giratina, Lugia, Arceus, and Dialga - if Stealth Rock is on the field. However, Stealth Rock is needed to score the KO on Dialga.

Furai

GP check #1 implemented, thanks a lot SJ. :3

Ready for check #2!

holding.

IN
OUT
Comment

[Overview]

<p>The Dream World gave Jynx a new ability: Dry Skin. This ability allows Jynx to switch into one of the biggest threats in Ubers: Kyogre. Kyogre packs one of the strongest move in the metagame, Water Spout, and instead of being swiftly OHKOed by the move, Jynx will actually restore its health Dry Skin ensures that Jynx will not take any damage from it, but gain health back instead. Dry Skin also restores 12.5% of Jynx's health each turn in rain, which is very common in Ubers. Jynx's stats are also pretty impressive; she has a high base 115 Special Attack, good base 95 Speed and passable base 95 Special Defense. Unfortunately, Jynx's low base 35 Defense means that pretty much any physical attack will likely KO Jynx, and her weakness to Stealth Rock won't be doing her any favors while she is also weak to Stealth Rock, stripping 25% of her health each time she switches in. However, don't let these drawbacks fool you, because Jynx has access to a deadly combination: Lovely Kiss and Nasty Plot. Lovely Kiss allows Jynx to put any of her counters to sleep, (remove comma) and set up Nasty Plot right in front of them.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The goal of this set is to annoy the opponent, while being able to recover a lot of HP back with Dry Skin and set up. Nasty Plot, (comma) in conjuction with Lovely Kiss, (comma) form the main key of the set—(em dash);Lovely Kiss puts Jynx's counters to sleep, and Nasty Plot allows Jynx to set up on them. Ice Beam is Jynx's STAB and main move; Ice Beam is very good in Ubers, as the metagame has a lot lots of Dragon-type Pokemon that are hit super effectively by it. After a single Nasty Plot boost, Jynx can OHKO Standard Giratina-O and 2HKO offensive Mewtwo, Giratina, Lugia, Arceus, and Dialga. However, Stealth Rock is needed to score the KO on Dialga. Substitute grants Jynx another chance to set up after you put a Pokemon to sleep with Lovely Kiss, while Focus Blast gives you better coverage, though the move Focus Blast should only be used with Life Orb.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The listed HP EVs hit a Dry Skin number, allow Jynx to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times, and give her optimal bulk; Jynx will never get 2HKOed by Timid Choice Scarf Kyogre's Thunder, Manaphy won't 2HKO Jynx with +3 Grass Knot or +3 Life Orb Ice Beam, Draco Meteor coming from Modest Dialga will not OHKO, while Life Orb Mewtwo cannot OHKO Jynx under Rain without a Calm Mind boost, and Ferrothorn's Power Whip will not OHKO. Timid with 216 Speed EVs let Jynx outspeed Reshiram and Dialga, who can ruin Jynx's sweep. Leftovers is very good in conjuction with Dry Skin, as it restores 18.75% of Jynx's HP each turn, which is almost a free Substitute; at full health, Jynx can create 12 Substitutes. Life Orb is a good option if you're looking for more offensive power and Dry Skin nullifies the recoil damage. Life Orb grants you a few important KOs as well, such as the ability to 2HKO Ferrothorn with +2 Ice Beam. Icicle Plate is a solid option for the mono-attacker Jynx as well, as it grants Jynx the same KOs as Life Orb but without the recoil. Frost Breath can be used over Ice Beam, as it allows you to win in set-up wars because Frost Breath will always land a crit.</p>

<p>Because of Dry Skin, Jynx is able to beat the mono-attacking Kyogre by itself. Jynx needs rain support, as Dry Skin is her main niche in Ubers, so Kyogre makes an ideal partner. Jynx also appreciates entry hazards, most notably Spikes and Stealth Rock, as they can guarantee a few KOs. Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress can supply those, while Forretress can provide Rapid Spin and Vold Switch support as well. All of the aforementioned three synergize well with Jynx. Ground-types are good parnters, as they attract Water- and Ice-type moves for Jynx to set up on, and are immune to Thunder aimed at Jynx. Excadrill should be especially noted because it also provides Rapid Spin support. Toxic Spikes are optional; they allow Jynx to take on special walls, such as Chansey and Blissey, better but won't let Jynx put them to sleep. However, most of the Pokemon you would put to sleep, such as Dialga and Ferrothorn, are immune to Toxic Spikes anyway.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Jynx can run a Calm Mind set, but she is too frail to use it in Ubers; Nasty Plot gives Jynx more immediate power. Psyshock is a good option over Focus Blast or Substitute, as it allows Jynx to hit Chansey, Blissey, and Calm Mind Kyogre harder, but Psyshock is pretty weak in the Ubers metagame. Jynx can also opt to use a PerishTrapper set, having access to both Mean Look and Perish Song, but as previously mentioned, (comma) Jynx is just too frail. Grass Knot can be used in order to beat offensive Calm Mind Kyogre, as Grass Knot hits Kyogre harder than Psyshock. Jynx also has a large support movepool, including Sweet Kiss, Toxic, Taunt, Light Screen, and Reflect. Wish is also an option, but Jynx's HP is very low, and Blissey and Chansey performsthat role better.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any weather outside of rain really messes things up for Jynx, especially Sun, as it will decrease Jynx's HP each turn thanks to Dry Skin's effect. Groudon brings immediate sun to the battleground, but it cannot switch in safely due to Ice Beam. Tyranitar changes weather as well, doesn't care about Ice Beam and has super effective STAB moves, though it is OHKOed by a +2 Focus Blast. Some Arceus Formes, such as Fire Arceus and Steel Arceus, laugh at Ice Beam, set up on Jynx with Calm Mind or Swords Dance, and strike her with super effective STAB Judgment or a physical attack, (remove comma) aimed at her low Defense. Other Arceus Formes, such as Ghost Arceus and Rock Arceus, will take more damage from Ice Beam, but will do their job reliably.</p>

<p>Scizor resists Ice Beam and has super effective moves. Scizor is slower than Jynx, can U-turn out, breakJynx's Substitute, and give the incoming teammate momentum. Cloyster does not care about Ice Beam, can Shell Smash, procceed to use Icicle Spear or Rock Blast, to break through Jynx's Substitute, and OHKO her. Manaphy uses your own rain against Jynx, as Hydration cures Lovely Kiss, and Manaphy can set up Tail Glow or Calm Mind on Jynx. Giratina-O is OHKOed by +2 Ice Beam, but has Shadow Sneak, so if Jynx is not behind a Substitute, Giratina-O can just OHKO her. Offensive Calm Mind Kyogre with Thunder beats Jynx one-on-one, but must be wary of freeze status, critical hits, Psyshock, and Grass Knot. Ho-Oh has enormous Special Defense, which lets it tank Ice Beams and hit Jynx back with Sacred Fire, while being able to recover its health via Recover or Roost. Heatran walls Jynx completely, but since she is usually used on Rain teams, Heatran is not much of a threat to her. Tentacruel, (remove comma) takes nothing from Ice Beam, but is weak to Psyshock and can't do anything back. All of the aforementioned counters, bar Manaphy, will not enjoy being asleep. </p>

GP APPROVED 2/2

shrang

General Kenobi
Small nitpick in paragraph 2 of AC:

Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and Forretress can supply those, while Forretress can provide Rapid Spin and Vold Switch support as well.
"Volt Switch"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)