K9 Unit (Who Let the Dogs Out?)

Who is Your Favorite Member of the K9 Squad?

• Total voters
K9 Unit - A tribute to a man's best friend

Background Music of Course
[youtube]Qkuu0Lwb5EM[/youtube]

The water type and his rock type counterpart receive a call from their bosses; Hydreigon and Latios. Their mission: Travel to the depths of UU and recover their fallen grass and steel brothers. With dragons and cats frogs taking over the metagame, the K9 Unit must reassemble and prove once again that dogs rule the animal kingdom.

Meet the K9 Unit: [pimg]677[/pimg] [pimg]669[/pimg] [pimg]670[/pimg] [pimg]668[/pimg]

Meet the Bosses: [pimg]665[/pimg] [pimg]381[/pimg]

Warning: Don't hate on virizion and cobalion. They bite. HARD. Now let's take a closer look into the mission.

"ALPHA"
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

First of all, keldeo wants to let you all know that he isn't a pony. Don't ever call him a pony. Now that we have that straight, let me explain this seemingly odd set. We all know about scarfed keldeo, and his classic set. Well, I have done just that... with some slight modifications. Icy Wind is actually a very useful move. Ability-wise, it can slow down a boosted sweeper that could run through my team (which highly relies on speed). More importantly, though, it allows me to run HP Electric. My team was really lacking a way to KO DD Gyarados, so Hidden Power Electric seemed like an excellent option.

"BETA"
Terrakion @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Wouldn't you love it if your golden retriever grew horns and had access to one of the best move sets/stat spreads in the doggy world? Well, you should definitely look into terrakion. (I've seen some at petco). For this team, I chose to use a SubSalac set. What I do is set up a substitute and swords dance so that I have double attack. Then what happens after a maximum of three substitutes is that the salac berry comes into effect, giving me a speed boost. With 2x attack and 1.5x speed, Terrakion can absolutely tear through teams with his insanely powerful near perfect STAB coverage. You definitely don't want to let this dog get any momentum.

"GAMMA"
Virizion @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade

To pokemon experts out there: I know your probably seeing red right now. "Two SubSalac sets on one team?!?! How could you?!?! And Virizion?!?! Go home. You're drunk." Actually, that last line was quoted directly from my dear friend CoolStoryBrobat ;) But on to the analysis. Yes, I'm for real. And yes, this works. All I need is a special sweeper to set up on, and with attack reaching mid 400's after an SD plus 386/180/392 bulk, virizion can be a monster to take down. I opt for sacred sword over close combat because I really can't afford the defense drop. Grass coverage is very helpful, as it hits nearly every type fighting doesn't (Poison, Flying, and Bug are issues) and rids my opponent of those pesky bulky water. All in all, this pokemon is extremely under rated, and this never before seen set can work wonders when played correctly.

"DELTA"
Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Roar

This cobalion serves as mainly utility to me, hence his delta rank. This horned beast though is still nothing to look down upon. He can cripple a speedy sweeper with T-Wave, set up a sweep for his superiors with Stealth Rock, and stop a set up sweeper from unleashing his terror with roar. Though he has low attack and doesn't often even use Close Combat, he obviously does whatever he can to help the team win (Yay effort award).

"Commander H"
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Hydreigon's most important service to the team is his immunity to psychic and ground, two weaknesses that plague this team. Aside from that, he has access to a powerful fire move and ground move, which the rest of my team lacks. Basically, this commander does what he should: Everything the others can't. With tremendous special attack and decent attack with life orb support, Hydreigon has a tremendous niche in being able to quickly come in and hit a troublesome opponent for super effective damage.

"Commander L"
Latios (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Trick

Serves a very similar role as hydreigon, and yes, two are most certainly needed (Sadly dogs share many common weaknesses). An advantage to latios is that it can absorb fighting hits, which are like gnats in this metagame. Latios will outspeed non-scarfed dragons in OU, and OHKO them with spec'd Draco Meteor. I decided on T-Bolt over Surf, because I needed a much more powerful electric move than just HP Electric on keldeo. Trick is a utility move used to screw over an opposing support pokemon, as it will become locked into one move. Overall, hydreigon and latios are absolutely positively 100% invaluable to this team.

Mission Complete! The K9 Squad is Reunited! I hope you guys liked my idea, and leave me comments to let me know what you think!

Hi!
Cool Team, but the synergy is not the best ...
Wayne, I've a few suggestions:
Since DD-Gyara is not a problem you have thunderbolt on Latios, I would replace Hidden Power Electric with Hidden Power Ice. With Hidden Power Ice, you can hit much Dragons harder then with Icy Wind, since you have a scarf. Then, Surf over Icy Wind might be an Option.
So, for now thats all. It might be come more soon.
Hope my ads helped!
Good luck.

I couldn't resist, keldeo's signature fighting attack is actually secret sword. I believe mystic sword was an initial translation of the japanese.

Hi DarkGiratina! To adress your sword issue, I actually used Secret Sword, not sacred. (I assume that may be a translation issue). Might I ask you what your first language is so we can communicate better? And yes, I understand the synergy is not top-class, but that was expected from a team like this.

Sry, little Mistake ^^
Do not care, my english is not the best but good:D
Now, one thing next:
In my opinion, CM-Virizion does his job quote better:

Virizion @ Leftovers | Justified
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd |modest
Calm Mind |Giga Drain | Focus Blast|Hidden Power Ice/Subsitute

A mixed Set with Work Up, Close Combat, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Rock might be good too, test it out.
Hope my ads helped and good luck!

haha it's no problem giratina :) and I love the CM set, but I can't stand focus blast (what a pain). I decided to get creative and try SubSalac, and it has worked very well. If Virizion learned secret swords, though, I would go CM for sure.

Change keldeo's nature to Timid. This way you can outspeed base 100 at +1 and tie with other terrakions/keldeos. This will help her revenge killing skills.
Why not earth power instead of earthquake on your Hydreigon? Earth power is better imo.
Overall I really like your team. Hope you'll do well with it.

Hey viktor, I'm glad you like my team! As you may have realized, I like to make some of my own sets, and I figured I would try modest, my reason being, it will outspeed any non-scarfed pokemon anyway, and the power boost is definitely nice. I will definitely try earth power though.

My only question is why not go full out on the dog theme? Stoutland, Arcanine, Entei, Suicune (possibly), Houndoom (LO Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Flamethrower, HP Grass is great, even in OU), and maybe even Zoroark. I'd replace the two dragons with some more dogs, to make sure your pack is strong (well, probably less strong, but you are using a pack of dogs after all). :P

My only question is why not go full out on the dog theme? Stoutland, Arcanine, Entei, Suicune (possibly), Houndoom (LO Sucker Punch, Pursuit, Flamethrower, HP Grass is great, even in OU), and maybe even Zoroark. I'd replace the two dragons with some more dogs, to make sure your pack is strong (well, probably less strong, but you are using a pack of dogs after all). :P
Haha ia actually tried this, and it was... Miserable to say the least XD I ended up counting slowbro and tyranitar as dogs and at that point things had already fallen apart ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)