SM RU ka$h

Introduction

Yaboi KA$H MONEY KEV is back after an absolutely terrific SPL 8 going 0-3 in GSC. This time I'm back again once again in the SM RU tier to post one of my more solid teams. The general idea of the team is lay hazards and use a solid backbone to either outlast the opponent or kill the Snorlax answers and let the big boy go to town. Posting this mainly because I think this style of team won't be anywhere near as viable once the influx of Defog hits with USM so it's time to retire it. Alas getting back into the swing of things has been fun and looking forward to seeing how the RU tier develops heading into SPL.

THE TEAM

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Registeel leads off the team as one of the premier Special walls in the tier. This Pokemon is pretty much a given on passive teams in RU as it provides teams with the best answer to Special Attacking behemoths such as Yanmega, Swellow and Gardevior. Unfortunately this Pokemon is a huge momentum killer but the Steel typing and bulk are a necessity for team. I mostly ran with Protect in the last slot to help scout and rack up Toxic damage but Shadow Claw is a super interesting option in it's place for this team as it can chip Doublade for Snorlax while also breaking the Substitutes of Decidueye and Hoopa who are big threats to the team. Ev's are standard to maximise Special bulk.

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 232 HP / 48 Def / 228 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes
- Taunt

- Synthesis

Next up we have fast Taunt Chesnaught. Chesnaught rounds up the teams hazard stacking core and is a pivotal member for team, providing the team Spikes and a solid check to Pokemon such as Araquanid, Machamp and Pangoro. Really appreciate running the speedy version of this thing as it lets you Taunt things such as Defog Gligar to keep hazards up and prevent healing. Tinkered a bit with running Overgrow over Bulletproof for the strong Wood Hammer potential but all in all Bulletproof has been more consistent with switching into random Choice Specs Focus Blasts aimed at Registeel and Snorlax. The Ev's let Chesnaught hit 221 which lets it outpace most Milotic that should be creeping.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Night Shade
- U-turn

- Roost

Next up we have the teams form of hazard control, Xatu. SM RU currently has really poor forms of hazard control and Xatu actually acts as one of the tiers best. Magic Bounce in itself is just such a great ability and just having Xatu in the team preview will often deter the opponent from attemtping to set their own hazards due to the risk of them being bounced back. Xatu isn't here so much to prevent Stealth Rock, it's more on the team to prevent many of the fat Spikers in the tier from taking advantage of the passive nature of the other guys by laying up hazards. I feel like most people have been going Physically defensive but I prefer SpDef Xatu for it's ability to check Nidoqueen and keep it's Stealth Rock at bay for a while. Xatu's moveset is usually always up for the debate, I've used CM Heat Wave over Night Shade and U-turn but ultimately the consistent damage from Night Shade and the potential to grab momentum with a well timed U-turn have served the team better. Ev's let Xatu outspeed Timid Nidoqueen so you can switch in and Roost on the Ice Beam and either force Nidoqueen out or damage it to the point where Drapion can finish it off.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Haze
- Recover

Next up we have the teams Bulky Water and Phazer, Milotic. Milotice serves as a crucial answer to many of the tiers setup sweepers. Without Milotic Pokemon such as Feraligtar, Durant and Doublade become alot harder to deal with. Milotic has a great ability to just straight up hard wall alot of the tier and that goes along with the general idea of the team to outlast the opponent. Milotic has alot of great moveset options with Refresh, Toxic and Ice Beam all being options over Dragon Tail. Refresh should be noted as potentially the best option with the team having no Cleric but Iv'e loved using Dragon Tail to rack up hazard damage, luckily I've been fairly good at keeping status away from Milotic but Refresh is probably the more consistent option especially if you're not familiar with the team. 88 Spe lets Milotic outpace Adamant Pangoro with the rest going on HP and Defence to maximize physical bulk. Competitive vs Marvel Scale also can vary but there's been a few times where Milo could solo end game with a timely boost lol.

Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Man CB Drapion is the GOAT. Drapion patches up alot of holes in the team, mainly all the strong Psychic types like Meloetta, Sigilyph and Hoopa running around. Drapion is also the main man for opening up holes for Snorlax, CB Pursuit wraps up the Ghost types that can easily come in and wall Lax. Being able to switch in and immediately threaten SD Decideuye is also great as the team can struggle to deal with it otherwise. The cool thing about Drapion is that even if he has nothing to trap you can spam CB Knock Off with rarely much drawback. Due to the passive nature of the team Drapions ability to provide some offense and hit hard right off the bat is great for when you want to take the offensive. Such an underrated mon that only got better with the ban of Zoroark. Moveset should be the gold standard for RU, I suppose you could run Ice Fang but really the team isn't that concerned about Gligar. Pretty hilarious when you get a CB Sniper crit and blow something into the next dimension. :heart:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Finally we have the big bopper Snorlax. Snorlax is the teams main win condition and with the right support you can assure a sweep in most games. Extremely underrated mon that can take on a huge portion of the tier after a curse or two. This thing should get a tonne more usage. Pairs really well with Drapion and appreciates Rock types such as Rhyperior having it's Leftovers knocked off. I guess playing GSC last SPL gave me some info as to how devistating this thing can be and it's so great in the current meta as no one really prepares super solid answers to it, they generally just rely on having a hard hitting physical attacker which isn't usually enough to break him and the other defensive guys. This guy also serves as the teams Salazzle check which otherwise can run through the team. Ev's are the classic lax spread which maximize bulk and also letting it take on stuff like Gardevior's Psyshock. Moveset is standard, remove Ghost types and win.

Conclusion
It's been a fun meta, really enjoyed how the tier has turned out after the removal of Zoroark. Overall I feel like this team can play consistently vs pretty much any playstyle and that's something I rate highly considering the nature of mons these days is very matchup reliant. But yeah as stated I'm going to retire this team until further notice and I don't think you'll be seeing many people have much success with hazard stack defensive style teams in RU for a while. It's good to be back, look out for yaboi in SPL. Shoutouts to the OG's who been keeping it real since day 1, you know who you are :heart:

Import
Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 232 HP / 48 Def / 228 Spe
Impish Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Haze
- Recover

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Night Shade
- U-turn
- Roost

Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Return
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
[HIDE/]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)