Kabutops

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
QC: Spirit / galbia / 49
GP: P Squared / Forgotten Ones + Snobalt

[OVERVIEW]

With good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also an offensive threat that resists certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has a very lackluster base 80 Speed outside of rain but it does make up for it with access to a priority STAB move in Aqua Jet. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom.

[SET]
name: Offensive Rapid Spin
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Waterfall
move 4: Superpower / Aqua Jet / Knock Off
item: Life Orb
ability: Weak Armor / Swift Swim
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types such as Mega Steelix and Hitmontop. Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon such as Scrafty from setting up and to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch; it can also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than Stone Edge and also to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, such as Amoonguss and Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature and maximum Speed investment help it outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help teammates weak to entry hazards. An Adamant nature can be used to give it a significant boost in power but hinders its Speed, which means it would be able to spin against fewer Pokemon. Weak Armor is preferred over Swift Swim unless Kabutops is used on a dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from the likes of Sneasel and Mega Glalie and outspeed them the turn after.Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs entry hazard removal as well as a Pokemon that resists Fire- and Flying-type moves. It's best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game to pressure the opponent's walls with very strong STAB moves and to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to spin hazards away for teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciate entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, pair well with Kabutops. These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Mega Glalie, Delphox, and Fletchinder, can remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, such as Virizion, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed foes and use Rapid Spin on them or KO them later in the game. Other entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their entry hazards, unlike Defog. If Kabutops is running Swift Swim, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, such as Ludicolo and Seismitoad, to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

Swords Dance could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels and improve its wallbreaking ability. You could use Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status ailment completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be used in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease means that Kabutops may miss out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs that Stone Edge usually gets. You could use the combination of Natural Gift and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type move to surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon such as Houndoom and Meloetta.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it. Gourgeist-Super and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are threatened by Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, and Gourgeist-Super can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Stone Edge and Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee and Virizion can come in against Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr can also threaten Kabutops with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and then cripple it with a burn or Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple it with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave unless it runs Lum Berry.

**Seismitoad and Gastrodon**: These two can easily come in on Kabutops's STAB moves, as they absorb Water-type moves and resist Stone Edge, and they can easily KO it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry.

Last edited by a moderator:

-kal-

hi guys
is a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC but

In overview, you should mention how Kabutop's typing is not the best as while it can take on Flying- and Ice-types really well, it is extremely weak to Fighting- and Grass-types that are very common.

In Team Option, you should mention how Mesprit can provide Healing Wish support which allows you to play Kabutops more aggresively early-game and be revived to sweep late-game if necessary. Uxie can also provide Thunder Wave support to mitigate Kabutop's lackluster Speed as well as give it a safe switch via U-turn. Also, mention Grass-type pokemon as partner (like Virizion, Tangrowth, etc...) as they form a great defensive synergy with Kabutops and weaken bulky pokemon that Kabutops has trouble with.

In OO, you should put in Natural Gift + Liechi Berry as it gives a 100BP grass move to lure in Quag and Toad and Weak Armor + Sash with SD

In C&C, you should put in Quagsire who hard counters Kabutops because of Unaware and can fire off a Scald or Earthquake. You should also mention things like Virizion, Gourgeist-S being able to outspeed Kabutops and fire off their Grass-type STAB attacks.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Not QC but

In overview, you should mention how Kabutop's typing is not the best as while it can take on Flying- and Ice-types really well, it is extremely weak to Fighting- and Grass-types that are very common.

In Team Option, you should mention how Mesprit can provide Healing Wish support which allows you to play Kabutops more aggresively early-game and be revived to sweep late-game if necessary. Uxie can also provide Thunder Wave support to mitigate Kabutop's lackluster Speed as well as give it a safe switch via U-turn. Also, mention Grass-type pokemon as partner (like Virizion, Tangrowth, etc...) as they form a great defensive synergy with Kabutops and weaken bulky pokemon that Kabutops has trouble with.

In OO, you should put in Natural Gift + Liechi Berry as it gives a 100BP grass move to lure in Quag and Toad and Weak Armor + Sash with SD

In C&C, you should put in Quagsire who hard counters Kabutops because of Unaware and can fire off a Scald or Earthquake. You should also mention things like Virizion, Gourgeist-S being able to outspeed Kabutops and fire off their Grass-type STAB attacks.
Implemented those changes!

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
this barely has anything over sd samurott, which isn't very good at the moment anyway

idk why would use kabutops w/o rapid spin personally, it's an extremely subpar sweeper for a variety of reasons
I mentioned it in OO, but should I change the set to a Rapid Spin variant instead?

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
yeah, it's niche is being a hazard remover on offense that can check flying-types, that's always been its niche actually, but it's a lot less pronounced seeing as how moltres and pidgeot are no longer ru. so really you're just using it over something like hitmonlee if you have no other flying resist / need a fire check and you're using it over flygon if you're using it on a spikes-based offensive team + the reasons you're not using it over lee. so it is pretty niche... but it does have one I guess

i'd make the set: rapid spin / waterfall / stone edge / superpower | aqua jet | knock off

superpower is useful so that scrafty doesn't set up on it and it helps with cobalion/virizion as well, the rest are self-explanatory

make the item Life Orb and just make the set name "offensive rapid spin"
Implemented changes, I also moved SD to OO and removed any mention of setting up/boosts from other sections
Edit: Still ready for QC!

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
mention pokemon that it supports instead, like glalie and fletchinder

you have to rewire the analysis so that kabutops is an offensive support mon, not one that needs support itself
yeah I understand. I mentioned anything weak to rocks first in TO, changed some of the wording so other support mons help Kabutops support better (T-wave support for faster mons, Healing Wish to spin mid to late game, etc.), and also added ghost types to C&C for spinblocking. I hope that's what you were looking for

ADD EXAMPLES TO ALL SECTIONS

also mention tho that superpower hits cobal hard on the switch at least

fighting types are deserving their own section in c&c for sure

mention that it sort of checks doom if it uses ajet which is actually really nice

av in oo to check said pokemon

• Knock Off for any incoming switch-ins
at least mention it helps spinning with ghosts lol. especially helpful vs jellicent

the fact that it likes hwish is true for actually every pokemon so remove it

• Should Rapid Spin on Pokemon that are effected by its STAB moves and likely to switch-out
its called "pokemon you force out" and its not even that true since ghosts exist

• Slap a choice band on it to boost its attack to sky high levels, but it prefers to the ability to switch moves.
pls no

you overvalue rain really you dont need to use this in rain which is also a subpar archetype

you should also mention in usage tips that ajet can be useful late in the game to rkill stuff like sneasel, delphox, emboar, doom, etc

add electric checks to partners too and id say other hazards users since if you want spin > defog you likely have to run them :)

• Any type of mon that uses Healing Wish, such as Mesprit, can heal Kabutops to spin mid to late game.
  • Any type of mon that uses Healing Wish, such as Mesprit, can heal Kabutops to spin mid to late game.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
ADD EXAMPLES TO ALL SECTIONS

also mention tho that superpower hits cobal hard on the switch at least

fighting types are deserving their own section in c&c for sure

mention that it sort of checks doom if it uses ajet which is actually really nice

av in oo to check said pokemon

• Knock Off for any incoming switch-ins
at least mention it helps spinning with ghosts lol. especially helpful vs jellicent

the fact that it likes hwish is true for actually every pokemon so remove it

• Should Rapid Spin on Pokemon that are effected by its STAB moves and likely to switch-out
its called "pokemon you force out" and its not even that true since ghosts exist

• Slap a choice band on it to boost its attack to sky high levels, but it prefers to the ability to switch moves.
pls no

you overvalue rain really you dont need to use this in rain which is also a subpar archetype

you should also mention in usage tips that ajet can be useful late in the game to rkill stuff like sneasel, delphox, emboar, doom, etc

add electric checks to partners too and id say other hazards users since if you want spin > defog you likely have to run them :)

implemented

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Idk about the rest of QC, but I'm really wondering why Weak Armor isn't at least getting a mention in Set Details, much less a slash as the ability. Unless you're using Kabutops on full rain, Swift Swim is niche at best. Weak Armor is, more than likely, going to be activated at least once every battle. The best example would be vs. Emboar as it usually wants to spam Flare Blitz, especially in the face of a Grass-type (which Kabutops is often used with for synergy reasons) so why not get that Weak Armor boost and proceed to put some pressure on the opponent? You can do this with any Pokemon that Kabutops can live a hit from and immediately threaten an OHKO with. I get the drawback of dropping Kabutops's Defense, but after taking most resisted hits, you're in KO range of just about any decently powerful neutral attack anyway. I'd also like to see more mentions of the competition it faces from other offensive hazard removers (Hitmonlee, Flygon, Shiftry I guess) and the pros and cons it has with them. Its Fire resistance is nice, but don't overrate it. Every common Fire-type in the tier has a secondary STAB to either obliterate Tops with or cause serious damage to it.

Kinda want more input on the things I've brought up before approving this.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
Idk about the rest of QC, but I'm really wondering why Weak Armor isn't at least getting a mention in Set Details, much less a slash as the ability. Unless you're using Kabutops on full rain, Swift Swim is niche at best. Weak Armor is, more than likely, going to be activated at least once every battle. The best example would be vs. Emboar as it usually wants to spam Flare Blitz, especially in the face of a Grass-type (which Kabutops is often used with for synergy reasons) so why not get that Weak Armor boost and proceed to put some pressure on the opponent? You can do this with any Pokemon that Kabutops can live a hit from and immediately threaten an OHKO with. I get the drawback of dropping Kabutops's Defense, but after taking most resisted hits, you're in KO range of just about any decently powerful neutral attack anyway. I'd also like to see more mentions of the competition it faces from other offensive hazard removers (Hitmonlee, Flygon, Shiftry I guess) and the pros and cons it has with them. Its Fire resistance is nice, but don't overrate it. Every common Fire-type in the tier has a secondary STAB to either obliterate Tops with or cause serious damage to it.

Kinda want more input on the things I've brought up before approving this.
Yeah I get what you mean, but from what I've seen when Kabutops is actually used (Rarely), I've really never seen it with Weak Armor, it's usually on a full rain team or used with mons like Rain Ludicolo (why I had SD variant at first). I did add a slash after Swift Swim and also mentioned it in Set Details but LMK if you feel that it should be first.

Edit: I also removed any mention of Cobalion

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
"Swift Swim is preferred ability over Weak Armor, helpful on a full rain team or to counter opposing rain teams."

I don't like this sentence, and I kinda feel like Weak Armor is better honestly unless it's on an actual rain dance, so maybe change the sentence to something like that. Weak Armor can allow him to tank a hit from a faster mon like Sneasel or Glalie and then outspeed it.

The quality of the write-up in general is very poor. Normally I'd leave this to GP but I can't help but notice it lol. "T-waver" can't be used (thunder wave user), rocks should be Stealth Rock, etc. But that's not what's bothering me, in team options you have stuff like "Electric checks such as Flygon, Seismitoad, and others." that's bad because it doesn't really tell the reader how electric checks are supposed to be good teammates to Kabutops. Seismitoad can also stack up weakness to Grass so something talking about that should be mentioned imo.

You also mention nothing to handle Amoonguss, Tangrowth, or Grass-types in general besides Fletchinder which you labelled under mons that would appreciate SR's removal.. fix that.

Also add a section in C&C for Grass-types and change them so it's **Grass-types** instead of bolding them. Mention Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C there, as well as Gourgeist and Trevenant while mentioning they're harassed by Knock Off (and they can also block spin)

Fix the overall quality also, because as I said it's lacking. I'll check it then

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
"Swift Swim is preferred ability over Weak Armor, helpful on a full rain team or to counter opposing rain teams."

I don't like this sentence, and I kinda feel like Weak Armor is better honestly unless it's on an actual rain dance, so maybe change the sentence to something like that. Weak Armor can allow him to tank a hit from a faster mon like Sneasel or Glalie and then outspeed it.

The quality of the write-up in general is very poor. Normally I'd leave this to GP but I can't help but notice it lol. "T-waver" can't be used (thunder wave user), rocks should be Stealth Rock, etc. But that's not what's bothering me, in team options you have stuff like "Electric checks such as Flygon, Seismitoad, and others." that's bad because it doesn't really tell the reader how electric checks are supposed to be good teammates to Kabutops. Seismitoad can also stack up weakness to Grass so something talking about that should be mentioned imo.

You also mention nothing to handle Amoonguss, Tangrowth, or Grass-types in general besides Fletchinder which you labelled under mons that would appreciate SR's removal.. fix that.

Also add a section in C&C for Grass-types and change them so it's **Grass-types** instead of bolding them. Mention Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C there, as well as Gourgeist and Trevenant while mentioning they're harassed by Knock Off (and they can also block spin)

Fix the overall quality also, because as I said it's lacking. I'll check it then
lmao I'm actually glad you saw those, I realize how stupid they sound.. I skimmed through it the first time and didn't see those kinds of mistakes. But yeah, I'm pretty sure I implemented everything that you've wanted me to, like things that can beat grass types, C&C, etc.. I also took out anything I thought was repetitive (like examples) as well as slashed Weak Armor first over Swift Swim. LMK if you want me to change anything else!

shoot, this has not been attended to haha. apologies bud

i'd rather the mentions of its bad spdef be addressed differently in the overview, since it might suggest that it would have a good handle on flygon / tangrowth were it not for that. i'd rather it be mentioned that, due to that low spdef, it cannot pivot into stuff like delphox or houndoom (who, by merit of being fire-types that don't necessarily run grass coverage, you'd sorta want this to be able to come in on) super well, given their secondary stabs are very handily 2hkoing, even potentially ohkoing after sr in the case of lo variants.

give a quick nod to superpower catching virizion / seismitoad for some adequate damage, usually on the switch, then specifying knock off as an accurate means of hitting ghost-types, stone edge will generally 2hko whatever ghosts you might be targeting, with the exception of gourgeist. then, again mention in c&c how trevenant is 2hkoed by edge (just to avoid confusion that it is exclusively threatened by knock off).

also, fairly confident neither hitmonlee nor virizion are ghosts, so you could maybe stand to make a separate bit for fighters. add gurdurr / top in while you're at it, both are rather solid now / good checks. no need to redundantly mention tangrowth / amoonguss in physically fat 'mons, it's cool if you just read off the other ones. lastly, don't insinuate that water absorb quag should be a thing, make sure it's clear that he's just checking by merit of fat + recovery + not weak to stabs. in fact, it may be better he is just listed with the other fatmons, that might save some confusion.

3/3

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
check check one two
1/2
add remove comment

[OVERVIEW]

With strong (the stat itself isn't strong, so replace with another adjective, like "great" or "high" or something... I'll just pick one for now but feel free to use what you like) good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also an offensive threat that resists can resist certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. cannot such as fire and flying types, but even then it faces stiff competition with the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops very strong STAB moves can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has very lackluster Speed outside of rain, (AC) at a base 80, but it does make up for it with as it does have access to Aqua Jet, a STAB priority move. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. (I moved this away from where it originally was bc it was weird to go positive --> negative --> positive --> negative. you can place it after the SpD sentence or before the Speed sentence, just make sure to keep the positives together and the negatives together) Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as like Delphox and Houndoom. Nonetheless, Kabutops is a very interesting spinner as well as an offensive threat. ("summary" sentences must provide new information; otherwise, I have to remove this)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits the likes of grass, flying and ice types Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it that hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types ground or fighting types such as Steelix. Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon like Scrafty from setting up or to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch-in, and; it could also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. A priority STAB move could be used in Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox or and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than with over Stone Edge and also knock any items off to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, (AC) such as Amoonguss or Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature in Jolly and maximum Speed investment help it helps outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee or and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help hazard-weak teammates. Adamant gives it a significant boost in power, (RC) but hinders its Speed, which means it is being able to spin on less fewer Pokemon, like those mentioned before. Weak Armor is the preferred ability over Swift Swim, unless Kabutops is used on an actual dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from likes of a Sneasel or Glalie and effectively outspeed them the turn after. An item in Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs a nice Fire- or Flying-resistant Pokemon Fire or Flying type resist as well as entry hazard removal. It's also best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game this Pokemon early/mid-game to pressure the opponent and their walls with very strong STAB moves and also to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to Rapid Spin spin any hazards away for any teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them hazards. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops is being used it can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, (AC) pair well with Kabutops any kind of hazard remover. These said Ice and Fire types make perfect teammates with Kabutops, Pokemon like These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Glalie, Delphox, and Glalie, or Fletchinder, (AC) can kill off remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, make for good teammates such as Virizion, Tangrowth, or and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering the its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any type of Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed and use Rapid Spin on or KO said paralyzed Pokemon foes later in the game. Any oOther entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor for Spikes or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their hazards, unlike Defog because the team is running Rapid Spin over Defog. If Kabutops is running a Swift Swim variant, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, (AC) such as Ludicolo or and Seismitoad, (AC) to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

A Swords Dance variant set could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels, (RC) and improve Kabutops' its wallbreaking ability. You could use a Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be put in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease can mean Kabutops misses out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs opportunities Stone Edge usually gets. You could potentially use the combination of Natural Gift + and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type BP Grass move to Lure surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad or and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon like Houndoom, and Meloetta and others.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it kill it off. Gourgeist and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are also threatened by the potential Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, or and Gourgeist can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Kabutops' Stone Edge or a potential Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee or and Virizion can come in on Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr could also potentially threaten Hitmontop with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola or and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, (AC) respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and cripple it with a burn or /Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing or and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple a Lum Berry-less variant with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave Will-O or T-wave.

**Seismitoad / Gastrodon**: These 2 two can easily come in on both of Kabutops's STAB moves, absorbing Water-type moves the water STAB's and resisting Stone Edge and easily KOing it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry. Earthquake/Earth Power or Scald burning a Lum Berry-less variant.

for future reference... i know it's my job as GP to fix grammar stuff and that's fine, i can't really expect people to know that it's "Grass-types" or KO > kill and stuff like that, but it would be nice if i didn't have to do basic things like capitalization and un-abbreviating things.

Last edited:
Reactions: rs

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
check check one two
1/2
add remove comment

[OVERVIEW]

With strong (the stat itself isn't strong, so replace with another adjective, like "great" or "high" or something... I'll just pick one for now but feel free to use what you like) good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also an offensive threat that resists can resist certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. cannot such as fire and flying types, but even then it faces stiff competition with the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops very strong STAB moves can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has very lackluster Speed outside of rain, (AC) at a base 80, but it does make up for it with as it does have access to Aqua Jet, a STAB priority move. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. (I moved this away from where it originally was bc it was weird to go positive --> negative --> positive --> negative. you can place it after the SpD sentence or before the Speed sentence, just make sure to keep the positives together and the negatives together) Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as like Delphox and Houndoom. Nonetheless, Kabutops is a very interesting spinner as well as an offensive threat. ("summary" sentences must provide new information; otherwise, I have to remove this)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits the likes of grass, flying and ice types Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it that hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types ground or fighting types such as Steelix. Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon like Scrafty from setting up or to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch-in, and; it could also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. A priority STAB move could be used in Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox or and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than with over Stone Edge and also knock any items off to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, (AC) such as Amoonguss or Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature in Jolly and maximum Speed investment help it helps outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee or and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help hazard-weak teammates. Adamant gives it a significant boost in power, (RC) but hinders its Speed, which means it is being able to spin on less fewer Pokemon, like those mentioned before. Weak Armor is the preferred ability over Swift Swim, unless Kabutops is used on an actual dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from likes of a Sneasel or Glalie and effectively outspeed them the turn after. An item in Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs a nice Fire- or Flying-resistant Pokemon Fire or Flying type resist as well as entry hazard removal. It's also best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game this Pokemon early/mid-game to pressure the opponent and their walls with very strong STAB moves and also to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to Rapid Spin spin any hazards away for any teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them hazards. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops is being used it can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, (AC) pair well with Kabutops any kind of hazard remover. These said Ice and Fire types make perfect teammates with Kabutops, Pokemon like These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Glalie, Delphox, and Glalie, or Fletchinder, (AC) can kill off remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, make for good teammates such as Virizion, Tangrowth, or and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering the its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any type of Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed and use Rapid Spin on or KO said paralyzed Pokemon foes later in the game. Any oOther entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor for Spikes or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their hazards, unlike Defog because the team is running Rapid Spin over Defog. If Kabutops is running a Swift Swim variant, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, (AC) such as Ludicolo or and Seismitoad, (AC) to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

A Swords Dance variant set could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels, (RC) and improve Kabutops' its wallbreaking ability. You could use a Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be put in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease can mean Kabutops misses out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs opportunities Stone Edge usually gets. You could potentially use the combination of Natural Gift + and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type BP Grass move to Lure surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad or and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon like Houndoom, and Meloetta and others.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it kill it off. Gourgeist and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are also threatened by the potential Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, or and Gourgeist can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Kabutops' Stone Edge or a potential Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee or and Virizion can come in on Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr could also potentially threaten Hitmontop with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola or and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, (AC) respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and cripple it with a burn or /Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing or and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple a Lum Berry-less variant with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave Will-O or T-wave.

**Seismitoad / Gastrodon**: These 2 two can easily come in on both of Kabutops's STAB moves, absorbing Water-type moves the water STAB's and resisting Stone Edge and easily KOing it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry. Earthquake/Earth Power or Scald burning a Lum Berry-less variant.

for future reference... i know it's my job as GP to fix grammar stuff and that's fine, i can't really expect people to know that it's "Grass-types" or KO > kill and stuff like that, but it would be nice if i didn't have to do basic things like capitalization and un-abbreviating things.
Implemented and thanks for the check! This was my first analysis so I was getting used to writing these types of things; those kinds of mistakes will not happen again I swear lol. But anyways, I really appreciate your time and help! Thanks again

amcheck coming thru
add
remove
comment

[OVERVIEW]

With good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also as an offensive threat that resists certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has very lackluster Speed outside of rain, at base 80, but it does make up for it with access to Aqua Jet, a STAB priority move. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types such as Steelix. Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon like Scrafty from setting up or to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch; it could also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. A priority STAB move in Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than with Stone Edge and also to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, such as Amoonguss or Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature and maximum Speed investment help it outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help hazard-weak teammates. Adamant can be used to give gives it a significant boost in power but hinders its Speed, which means it is would be able to spin on fewer Pokemon. Weak Armor is preferred over Swift Swim, unless Kabutops is used on a dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from the likes of Sneasel or Glalie and outspeed them the turn after. A Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs a nice Fire- or Flying-resistant Pokemon as well as entry hazard removal. It's best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game to pressure the opponent and their walls with very strong STAB moves and also to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to spin hazards away for teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, pair well with Kabutops. These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Glalie, Delphox, and Fletchinder, can remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, such as Virizion, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed and use Rapid Spin on or KO foes later in the game. Other entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor for Spikes or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their hazards, unlike Defog. If Kabutops is running Swift Swim, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, (AC) such as Ludicolo and Seismitoad, to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

A Swords Dance set could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels and improve its wallbreaking ability. You could use a Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be put in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease can mean that Kabutops may miss misses out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs Stone Edge usually gets. You could use the combination of Natural Gift and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type move to surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon like Houndoom and Meloetta.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it. Gourgeist and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are threatened by the potential Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, and Gourgeist can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Stone Edge or a potential Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee and Virizion can come in on against Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr could also threaten Hitmontop Kabutops with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and then cripple it with a burn or Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple a Lum Berry-less variant with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave.

**Seismitoad / Gastrodon**: These two can easily come in on Kabutops's STAB moves, absorbing Water-type moves and resisting Stone Edge and easily KOing it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
F1s add
F1s remove
F1s comment

Snobalt add
Snobalt remove
Snobalt comment

[OVERVIEW]

With good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also as an offensive threat that resists certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has a very lackluster base 80 Speed outside of rain, at base 80, but it does make up for it with access to a priority STAB move in Aqua Jet, a STAB priority move. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types such as Mega Steelix and (give a Fighting-type). Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon like such as Scrafty from setting up or and to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch; it could can also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. A priority STAB move in Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than with Stone Edge and also to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, such as Amoonguss or and Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature and maximum Speed investment help it outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help hazard-weak teammates weak to entry hazards. An Adamant nature can be used to give gives it a significant boost in power but hinders its Speed, which means it is would be ("is" is fine) able to spin on against fewer Pokemon. Weak Armor is preferred over Swift Swim, (RC) unless Kabutops is used on a dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from the likes of Sneasel or and Mega Glalie and outspeed them the turn after. A Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs entry hazard removal as well as a nice Fire- or Flying-resistant Pokemon that resists Fire- and Flying-type moves as well as entry hazard removal. It's best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game to pressure the opponent's and their walls with very strong STAB moves and also to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to spin hazards away for teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, pair well with Kabutops. These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Mega Glalie, Delphox, and Fletchinder, can remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, such as Virizion, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed foes and use Rapid Spin on them or KO foes them later in the game. Other entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor for Spikes or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their entry hazards, unlike Defog. If Kabutops is running Swift Swim, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, (AC) such as Ludicolo and Seismitoad, (unbold this lol) to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

A Swords Dance set could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels and improve its wallbreaking ability. You could use a Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status ailment completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be put used in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease can means that Kabutops may miss misses out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs that Stone Edge usually gets. You could use the combination of Natural Gift and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type move to surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon like such as Houndoom and Meloetta.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it. Gourgeist (which one?) and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are threatened by the potential Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, and Gourgeist (which one?) can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Stone Edge or a potential and Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee and Virizion can come in on against Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr could can also threaten Hitmontop Kabutops with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and then cripple it with a burn or Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple a Lum Berry-less variant it with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave unless it runs Lum Berry.

**Seismitoad / and Gastrodon**: These two can easily come in on Kabutops's STAB moves, as they absorbing Water-type moves and resisting Stone Edge, (AC) and they can easily KOing it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry.

Good job with the changes ForgottenOnes. Don't be afraid to make a lot of them if need be, though!
GP 2/2

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
F1s add
F1s remove
F1s comment

Snobalt add
Snobalt remove
Snobalt comment

[OVERVIEW]

With good offensive stats and access to Rapid Spin, Kabutops makes its place in RU as not only an entry hazard remover but also as an offensive threat that resists certain types that most spinners do not, such as Fire and Flying. When it's not removing entry hazards, Kabutops can hit the majority of the tier very hard with its strong STAB moves. Unfortunately, Kabutops has a very lackluster base 80 Speed outside of rain, at base 80, but it does make up for it with access to a priority STAB move in Aqua Jet, a STAB priority move. Even then, however, it faces stiff competition from the likes of Hitmonlee and Flygon. Kabutops also has rather low Special Defense, so it's relatively hard to pivot it into Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Rapid Spin provides great team support for Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock-weak Pokemon. Stone Edge is a very strong STAB move that hits Grass-, Flying-, and Ice-types very hard. Waterfall is Kabutops's other strong STAB move, and it hits bulky Ground- and Fighting-types such as Mega Steelix and (give a Fighting-type). Superpower enables Kabutops to prevent Pokemon like such as Scrafty from setting up or and to hit Steel-types very hard on the switch; it could can also catch Virizion or Seismitoad off-guard for some nice damage. A priority STAB move in Aqua Jet can be used to hit fast Fire-types such Delphox and Houndoom. Knock Off could also be utilized as a more accurate way to threaten Ghost-types than with Stone Edge and also to remove items from bulky Pokemon that switch into Kabutops, such as Amoonguss or and Alomomola.

Set Details
========

This set focuses on Kabutops's offensive prowess as well as its ability to support the team with Rapid Spin. A Jolly nature and maximum Speed investment help it outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, such as Adamant Hitmonlee and Modest Meloetta, and also gives it more chances to spin to help hazard-weak teammates weak to entry hazards. An Adamant nature can be used to give gives it a significant boost in power but hinders its Speed, which means it is would be ("is" is fine) able to spin on against fewer Pokemon. Weak Armor is preferred over Swift Swim, (RC) unless Kabutops is used on a dedicated rain team. The ability allows it to tank a hit with its decent Defense from the likes of Sneasel or and Mega Glalie and outspeed them the turn after. A Life Orb gives a boost to all of Kabutops's moves.

Usage Tips
========

Kabutops is best used on a team that needs entry hazard removal as well as a nice Fire- or Flying-resistant Pokemon that resists Fire- and Flying-type moves as well as entry hazard removal. It's best to use Kabutops early- and mid-game to pressure the opponent's and their walls with very strong STAB moves and also to remove any entry hazards. It is extremely important to spin hazards away for teammates that would otherwise be crippled by them. If running Aqua Jet, Kabutops can revenge kill Fire-types such as Delphox and Houndoom with ease.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates entry hazards being removed, such as the Ice- and Fire-types in the tier, pair well with Kabutops. These Ice- and Fire-types, such as Mega Glalie, Delphox, and Fletchinder, can remove the bulky Grass-types that Kabutops has trouble with in return. Grass-types, such as Virizion, Tangrowth, and Amoonguss, make for good teammates, as they have great defensive synergy with Kabutops, covering its Electric, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. Any Thunder Wave user can help Kabutops outspeed foes and use Rapid Spin on them or KO foes them later in the game. Other entry hazard setters, such as Accelgor for Spikes or any Sticky Web user, synergize well with Kabutops, as Rapid Spin doesn't remove their entry hazards, unlike Defog. If Kabutops is running Swift Swim, other Swift Swim users could be paired with it, (AC) such as Ludicolo and Seismitoad, (unbold this lol) to form an offensive rain core.

Other Options
=============

A Swords Dance set could be used to boost Kabutops's Attack to massive levels and improve its wallbreaking ability. You could use a Lum Berry over Life Orb, as any kind of status ailment completely cripples Kabutops. Rock Slide can be put used in place of Stone Edge, but the significant power decrease can means that Kabutops may miss misses out on some 2HKOs or OHKOs that Stone Edge usually gets. You could use the combination of Natural Gift and Liechi Berry to give Kabutops a 100 Base Power Grass-type move to surprise Pokemon such as Seismitoad and Gastrodon, which Kabutops often lures in. An Assault Vest could be used to boost its special bulk a bit and let it check Pokemon like such as Houndoom and Meloetta.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Virizion, and Rotom-C can come in and either force Kabutops out or KO it. Gourgeist (which one?) and Trevenant can come in and block Rapid Spin but are threatened by the potential Knock Off.

**Ghost-types**: Jellicent, Trevenant, and Gourgeist (which one?) can prevent Kabutops from spinning at all, but they are threatened by Stone Edge or a potential and Knock Off.

**Fighting-types**: Pokemon such as Hitmonlee and Virizion can come in on against Kabutops and KO it with Close Combat. Hitmontop and Gurdurr could can also threaten Hitmontop Kabutops with their bulk and priority in Mach Punch.

**Physically Bulky Pokemon**: Alomomola and Quagsire, with reliable recovery in Wish and Recover, respectively, can take any attack Kabutops uses and then cripple it with a burn or Toxic. Other Pokemon such as Weezing and Uxie can take a hit from Kabutops and cripple a Lum Berry-less variant it with a status move such as Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave unless it runs Lum Berry.

**Seismitoad / and Gastrodon**: These two can easily come in on Kabutops's STAB moves, as they absorbing Water-type moves and resisting Stone Edge, (AC) and they can easily KOing it with an Earthquake or Earth Power. Scald can also burn variants that lack Lum Berry.

Good job with the changes ForgottenOnes. Don't be afraid to make a lot of them if need be, though!
GP 2/2
Implemented, thanks! This should be ready for upload now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)