Kangaskhanite Tiering Discussion [+Demographics Poll Added to OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point should be that you KNOW what Mega Kangaskhan is going to run almost every single time (PuP / sucker punch / return / fire punch or crunch or eq), yet there is very little you can do to stop it. It just ploughs through would be counters without having to run gimmicks like Ice Beam, and practically forces teams to carry Rocky Helmet users or Sableye.
But you don't know what that last coverage move is until it screws something over, and then what do you do? Switch in another counter? You shouldn't have to run two or three different Pokemon just to keep Mega-Kangaskhan in check.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rocky Helmet Garchomp isn't any problem to any kangaskhan:

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 279-330 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ans that's without the boost or any residual entry hazard damage, imagine if you switch into a Power-Up Punch, and next turn MK are simply Returned, Rocky Helmet Garchomp is either forced to have no Spe EVs or no Atk EVs, so you either aren't OHKO-ing after Rocky Helmet hitting 4 times, or not out speeding at all

4 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 109-129 (30.9 - 36.6%) -- 62% chance to 3HKO

That's assuming Kangakshan isn't 252 HP ofc. Do I even need to continue? This thing is making the metagame not very fun, it is way too centralizing the meta game (Rocky Helmet Speed Boost Scoliepede? Really?)
Think you're forgetting Rough Skin, each time Mega Kang attacks it's losing over 50% of its health.

As I've stated in one of my previous posts: Aegislash is one of M-Kanga's checks, because of high Physical Attack. Also, Aegislash can King's Shield and get -2 shaved off of a +6 M-Kanga. Not to mention, Fighting Type Pokemon such as Technician Breloom and Bulletproof Chesnaught can potentially 2 shot M-Kanga. But again, there's still M-Kanga's Huge movepool, and High Attack, not to mention Parental Bond. So, overall, I do think that this should stay in OU.
Aegislash does not take a +2 Sucker Punch and can't switch into Crunch. Sucker Punch is not blocked by King's Shield. LO Breloom does not OHKO with Mach Punch and Chesnaught simply gets fucked hard by PuP->Return, or even just a +2 Return.

As I've stated in one of my previous posts: Aegislash is one of M-Kanga's checks, because of high Physical Attack. Also, Aegislash can King's Shield and get -2 shaved off of a +6 M-Kanga. Not to mention, Fighting Type Pokemon such as Technician Breloom and Bulletproof Chesnaught can potentially 2 shot M-Kanga. But again, there's still M-Kanga's Huge movepool, and High Attack, not to mention Parental Bond. So, overall, I do think that this should stay in OU.
+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 357-423 (110.1 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In case it tries to use King's Shield, you can overrun it using Sucker Punch, that would be the wisest choice when going against an Aegislash.

... and it's gone. So much for your "check".

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
But you don't know what that last coverage move is until it screws something over, and then what do you do? Switch in another counter? You shouldn't have to run two or three different Pokemon just to keep Mega-Kangaskhan in check.
Yeah pretty much. The main point is that Kangaskhan is the centralizing force in the metagame and needs to be quickbanned. I honestly felt as though it should have gone before M-Gengar tbh

I'm sure it's been mentioned a few times now, but Aegislash is a very poor check to MKang because Sucker Punch doesn't activate King's Shield's -2 effect. Fast powerful fighting types (Terrakion/Specs Keldeo) can indeed force it out, but only in a revenging situation, which isn't exactly the preferred means of dealing with something.

Edit: wow yeah people jumped on that quick

Think you're forgetting Rough Skin, each time Mega Kang attacks it's losing over 50% of its health.
What I meant by 4 attacks is 1 Attack hitting twice activating Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin twice.
Well it's my fault for not wording it right. Well if Kangaskhan has +2, it doesn't even need to worry.

EDIT: Mozza, I posted the calcs.

It's pretty shitty that if the opposing team has a Kanga you have to either sacrifice two or more Pokemon to kill it if they aren't specifically tailored to kill it, or gimp yourself with one Pokemon solely designed to at least slow it down.

And in the event the opposing team doesn't have a Kanga you're left with at least one slot that could've been something else more fitting for your lineup. It's literal rubbish.

Ever heard of a move called Earthquake? Ya... it kinda destroys all of Aegislash's hopes and dreams and it doesn't make you get -2 attack if you hit kings sheild with EQ so... Also if you're against an Aegislash you can just spam Sucker Punch until he attacks because Sucker Punch fails if he King's Sheilds. Goddamn that sure is one hell of a counter XDD

Mega kangaskhan runs eq doesn't have to touch your kings shield, technician breloom gets 1 shot, chesnaught gets 1 shot at +2. We have already been through this. Stop posting the same dumb crap we have already replied to.

+2 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 357-423 (110.1 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In case it tries to use King's Shield,

+1 252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 270-318 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Stealth Rock and it's gone. So much for your "check".
Take a look at M-Kanga Special Stats. They're decent, but fall short, and Specially Offensive Pokemon Like Protean Greninja, Pixilate Sylveon, and Specs Chandelure can potentially OHKO M-Kanga with a Special Attack with STAB. Not to mention M-Kanga's Speed. It's decent, but Pokemon like Protean Greninja, and Non-Mega Gengar can Outspeed and go for the potential KO. So, here are some more potential checks for M-Kanga.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Instead of wasting my time cleaning up this thread, I'm going to close it and redirect you to the policy review thread of the same title. This thing is stupid enough in 3v3 which I play, I don't want to imagine how horrible it is in 6v6. Anyway, the same arguments are going back and forth and there's way too much trolling going on.

edit: you may want to "watch" that thread since it won't be updated as quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)