Kanto Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to create a good team that consists of just Gen 1 Pokemon in these newer games? I know there are a handful of strong picks that come from that generation, but I haven't really seen anyone make a good one. Such a team I guess would have to be semi competitive to the point where it would be a strong, well-synergized team despite the fact that it might not be made up of all top tier picks. Any thoughts on what kind of teams we could bring out of that theme?

First thing that pops into my head would be something like (without taking roles into account yet, just types):
Charizard
Jolteon
Snorlax/Chancey
Dragonite
Alakazam/Gengar
Cloyster/Lapras?

Are there any teams that could actually be viable? I'd exclude legendaries, but from that Gen there aren't that many and pretty much everyone has them anyway.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi Allonso,

This type of question isn't suited to its own thread. I suggest checking out the XY In-Game Tier List Discussion for information about the best Pokémon to use during the main story of XY.

If your team is meant to be competitive, I suggest asking in this thread. Orange Islands is the casual Pokémon discussion forum, so you will have a hard time finding competitive help.

If you need specific move sets for the Pokémon you mentioned, check out Smogon's recently updated Strategy Pokédex.

Hopefully this helps. If you have any other questions, you can contact me on my profile.

Welcome to Smogon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)