Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Singles
Switch=OK
2 Recoveries/4 Chills
ASB Tournament Arena
Items ON
One Ability

Toast and I have agreed on this. Coin Flip to decide who sends in Pokemon first/second.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD DAY EVERYBODY, we're here live from the ASB Tournament Arena, where today, the potential candidates for round one of the ASB Gym Leadership are duking it out! I'm Son_of_Shadoo, and why am I here when I'm a candidate for the Electric Gym, and thus, currently fighting Dogfish44? Time paradox of course.

Meanwhile, the candidates for the Fighting Gym, Kaxtar and ToastTyrant13 enter the arena, shake hands, and the coin is tossed to decide who'll be releasing their mon of choice first... Heads and it's Kaxtar, tails for Toast. Appropriate, no? And the coin says...

Which means Kaxtar leads! Now let's look at the teams...

Team Kaxtar:

Lucario [Aura Beast] Male
Nature: Naughty (Adds * to Attack, Subtracts * from Special Defense)

Fighting : Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 90

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Inner Focus (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.

Justified (DW): Innate This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way will be maintained at the end of each round.

Dark Pulse
Foresight
Quick Attack
Detect
Metal Claw
Counter
Force Palm
Feint
Bone Rush
Metal Sound
Endure
Reversal
Screech
ExtremeSpeed
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Nasty Plot
Me First
Heal Pulse
Quick Guard
Close Combat
Copycat
Final Gambit

Blaze Kick
Crunch
Hi Jump Kick
Detect
Agility
Vacuum Wave
Circle Throw

Swords Dance
Roar
Hone Claws
HP Grass
Rock Slide
Toxic
Protect
Psychic
Substitute
Earthquake
Flash Cannon
Dig
Double Team
Focus Blast
Focus Punch
Water Pulse
Drain Punch
Stone Edge
Endure

Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Magic Coat
Helping Hand
Low Kick
Zen Headbutt
Magnet Rise

Tomohawk [Chinook](F)
Modest: (+1 SpA, -1 Atk)

Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.
Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85

Intimidate (Can be Activated): When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Intimidate (Command): The Pokemon makes an intimidating roar or battle cry that lowers the Attack of all opponents by one (1) stage. The drop is maintained at the end of each round. Intimidate can only be used the round after an opponent sends out a new Pokemon after a KO.
Command Type: Ability Based | Accuracy: -- | Energy Cost: 5 | Priority: 0 | CT: None
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
Justified (DW) : (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Fury Swipes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar
Hyper Voice
Taunt
Morning Sun
Whirlwind
Aura Sphere
Sunny Day
Hurricane
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Rain Dance
Earth Power
Hyper Voice
Rest
Sky Drop

Yawn
Rapid Spin
Roost
Stealth Rock
Confuse Ray
Nature Power

Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Double Team
Toxic
Reflect
Attract
Hyper Beam
Substitute
Fly
Safeguard
Protect

Gallade [Demi Gravidon] (Male)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Sped, +10% Accuracy, -1 Rank Special Attack)

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 92 (+)

EC: 9/9

Steadfast: (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Justified (DW-UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Growl
Leer
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind
Fury Cutter
Slash
Psychic
Hypnosis
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Feint
Imprison
Close Combat
False Swipe

Disable
Encore
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Skill Swap
Mean Look

Aerial Ace
Thunderbolt
Will-o-Wisp
Torment
Reflect
Giga Impact
Brick Break
Taunt
Rock Slide
Substitute
Light Screen
Thunder Wave
Earthquake
Trick Room
Low Sweep
X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Endure
Focus Punch
Safeguard

Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Pain Split
Fire Punch
Wish
Trick
Zen Headbutt
Magic Coat

Team ToastTyrant13:
Toxicroak(*)
Longshot(M)​

Nature: Quiet (+1 Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95)
Type: Poison / Fighting
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.​

Abilities: Anticipation, Dry Skin
Anticipation: (Innate)This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and reduced the Base Attack Power from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion by two (2).
Dry Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon has spongy, yet sensitive skin, causing it to burn in bright sunlight for damage but absorb water and heal damaged tissues in rain. This effect results in dealing 2 damage/action to this Pokemon in sunlight and recovering 2 HP/action in rain. In addition, the dry skin is very vulnerable to flames and the Base Attack Power of incoming Fire attacks is increased by 2. The Pokemon absorbs the damage of water attacks and recovers 25% of HP the damage that would have been inflicted.
Poison Touch: (Dream World) (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon's body is covered with a film of poison. Whenever it hits an opponent with a contact attack, that opponent has a 30% chance of being Poisoned. When disabled, all of this Pokemon's attacks that inflict regular poison will inflict Toxic poison (with the same chance of effect).​

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 73 (85/1.15^) (-)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19​

MC: 1
DC: 5/5​

Attacks
Astonish
Mud Slap
Poison Sting
Taunt
Pursuit
Faint Attack
Revenge
Swagger​

Toxic
Rock Slide
Hidden Power Ice 7

Drain Punch
Me First
Counter
~~~~~~~~~~
Poison Jab
Sucker Punch
Venoshock
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake
Vaccum Wave
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Substitute
Thunderpunch
Fake Out
Magic Coat
Nasty Plot
Rain Dance
Protect
Torment
Dig
Low Sweep
Bounce​

Tomohawk(*)
Aang(M)
Type: Flying/Fighting
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities: Intimidate, Prankster, Justified
Intimidate: (Can be Activated) When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing thier Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again.
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.
Justified (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

EC 6/6
MC 0
DC 5/5​

Stats
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 19

Attacks
Fury Swipes
Harden
Focus Energy
Rock Smash
Roar​

Confuse Ray
Yawn
Roost​

Brick Break
Rock Slide
Toxic
~~~~~~~~
Hidden Power Ghost 7
Taunt
Sunny Day​
Aura Sphere
Whirlwind
Earth Power
Air Slash
Hurricane
Heat Wave
Reflect
Safeguard
Solarbeam
Fly
Substitute
Double Team
Morning Sun
Total Moves: 27

Heracross(*)
Tyro(M)​

Nature: Jolly [+11%(98*/870^) Accuracy; add 15% to speed, subtract one rank from Special Attack]
Type: Bug / Fighting
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.​

Abilities: Guts, Swarm, Moxie
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Swarm: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)
Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.​

Stats
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 98 (85*1.15^)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 19​

DC: 5/5​

Attacks
Night Slash
Tackle
Leer
Horn Attack
Endure
Fury Attack
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Counter​

Focus Punch
Megahorn
Flail​

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Substitute​
~~~
Close Combat
Feint
Giga Impact
Dig
Double Team
Close Combat
Reversal
Bulldoze
Sleep Talk

Ok, Kaxtar, release your Pokémon, choose its ability, and attach whatever item you want. Then Toast will choose his mon, ability and order. Then Kaxtar will order.

Finally, on a personal note, I need to make you aware that over the next week, my reffing will likely be quite slow as I work on a law essay, but I'll do my best. Good luck, gentlemen.

I suppose Tomohawk is up first.

He will be playing the role of a Prankster today, with a Black Belt.

Taunt -> Aura Sphere -> Earth Power

IF Lucario isn't taunted on A2 THEN use Taunt again and push actions down the queue.

Team Kaxtar:

Aura Beast@Life Orb (Inner Focus)
Energy: 100
Speed: 90
Stats: 0
Actions: Magic Coat~Thunderpunch~Ice Punch

Team ToastTyrant13:

Aang@Black Belt (Prankster)
Speed: 85
Actions: Taunt -> Aura Sphere -> Earth Power
IF Lucario isn't taunted on A2 THEN use Taunt again and push actions down the queue.

And the match is on, the fight for Fighting! Ah, my jokes aren't funny, I know. It's Aura Beast who begins the match, by casting a strange spell on himself... Hey buddy, you're a Fighting type, go beat your opponent up! Don't be a wizard (Harry)! However, it proves a very effective tactic, as this Magical Coating reflects Aang's taunts off him, and back to sender! I have no idea how that works, but I guess that's why they call it Magic Coat. Aang tries to Taunt his foe again, but in his rage, he can only attack! It fails! And Aura Beast takes full advantage of his opponent to slam him with an electrified fist, and then with a more frigid one, both dealing huge damage to the gryphon thanks to that Life Orb. Oh, what's this? UNBELIEVABLE! An incredible stroke of luck for Kaxtar, as his Ice Punch has frozen Aang solid! Eh, he'll be fine, he's used to it. It appears that he'll only be frozen for a short time however, a bit less than 100 years, eh? STOP IT SOS, YOU'RE NOT FUNNY.

Well, Kaxtar has dominated the opening round of the game, can Toast come back from this early setback to bring home the leadership?

Calcs:
Lucario used Magic Coat! (10 energy)
Tomohawk used Taunt! Magic Coat reflected it back! (Tomohawk Taunted 6a, 10 energy)
Tomohawk used Taunt! But it failed! (14 energy)
Lucario used ThunderPunch! (crit roll: 993 - no, para roll: 5141 - no) (21 damage, 2 recoil, 6 energy)
Lucario used Ice Punch! (crit roll: 7434 - no, freeze roll: 871 - yes, light/deep roll: 320 - light) (21 damage, 2 recoil, 6 energy)
Tomohawk is frozen solid!

Team Kaxtar:

HP: 96
Energy: 78

Team ToastTyrant13:

HP: 68
Energy: 76
Status: Taunted 3a, frozen (will defrost before next action)

Kaxtar!

One thing: Tomohawk should have tried (and failed) to Taunt Action 2, thus expending an extra 14 Energy (Consecutive energy cost).

Ice Punch~Thunderpunch~Ice Punch

IF Tomohawk is up in the air, THEN use Aura Sphere to hit it and push actions back.
IF Aura Sphere, THEN Detect and push actions backs.

On the first instance, they do. On all others, no. Think of it how in-game, Taunt stops the opponents action initially and prevents selection of those moves on all others.

OOPS, I thought everyone knew I was in Hawaii this week. I'm back though now, so yeah.

ALRIGHT, LET'S SEE WHAT WE CAN DO....

Earth Power -> Aura Sphere -> Earth Power

Team Kaxtar:

HP: 96
Energy: 78
Actions: Ice Punch~Thunderpunch~Ice Punch
IF Tomohawk is up in the air, THEN use Aura Sphere to hit it and push actions back.
IF Aura Sphere, THEN Detect and push actions backs.

Team ToastTyrant13:

HP: 68
Energy: 76
Status: Taunted 3a, frozen (will defrost before next action)
Actions: Earth Power -> Aura Sphere -> Earth Power

And we're back after those apparent technical difficulties with Toast's mic in ordering his actions. Whoopsie. The slugfest begins anew, with Aura Beast smashing Aang with another frozen fist, but it doesn't stop him breaking majestically out of the ice, and blasting him with the mighty power of the earth! That's a shaman for ya. I'm still of the opinion it isn't a Fighting type, but meh. He tries to follow up with an energy blast of aura, but this is Aura Beast's weapon of choice, and he avoids it with incredible grace, but at the cost of a hell of a lot of energy... Will that come back to haunt Kaxtar? Time will tell, but he changes tack now, and the two exchange blows of ThunderPunch and Earth Power to close the round!

Aang is on the verge of collapse, but Aura Beast can probably keep going for a while, though this round was very energy intensive for him! What do?

Calcs:
Lucario used Ice Punch! (crit roll: 1991 - no, freeze roll: 8199 - no) (21 damage, 2 recoil, 10 energy)
Tomohawk thawed out!
Tomohawk used Earth Power! (crit roll: 7157 - no, drop roll: 5852 - no) (20 damage, 7 energy)
Lucario used Detect! (7 energy)
Tomohawk used Aura Sphere! (29 damage blocked, 6 energy, 10 energy Lucario)
Lucario used ThunderPunch! (crit roll: 9676 - no, para roll: 7248 - no) (21 damage, 2 recoil, 6 energy)
Tomohawk used Earth Power! (crit roll: 8686 - no, drop roll: 9435 - no) (20 damage, 7 energy)

Team Kaxtar:

HP: 52
Energy: 45

Team ToastTyrant13:

HP: 26
Energy: 56

Toast!

Psychic~Thunderpunch~Ice Punch

Also, Lucario should have one more Energy; Detect has STAB, and therefore would cost one energy less.

My mistake, I always count it as Normal...

Team Kaxtar:

HP: 52
Energy: 46

Team ToastTyrant13:

HP: 26
Energy: 56

Aang realises how long he isn't for this world, and sets up a barrier that will shield his replacement against Aura Beast's devastating power. Unfortunately, these powers are also of the mind, and he unleashes a mighty MIND CRUSH, that leaves Aang with a single hit point. It's quickly eroded by a ThunderPunch however, and Aang the Tomohawk falls!

First blood to Kaxtar, and it's 3-2! Will Toast comeback from behind the Reflect? Let's find out.

Calcs:
Tomohawk used Reflect! (7 energy, Reflect 6a)
Lucario used Psychic! (crit roll: 6243 - no, drop roll: 8946 - no) (25 damage, 2 recoil, 7 energy)
Lucario used ThunderPunch! (crit roll: 3840 - no, para roll: unnecessary, Tomohawk go kablooey) (14 damage, 2 recoil, 6 energy)
Tomohawk fainted!

Team Kaxtar:

HP: 48
Energy: 32

Team ToastTyrant13:

HP: KO
Energy: 49

Toast, your new mon, item and ability please. Then Kaxtar's orders.

Ok, something I'm not sure about here, and something that probably needs to be clarified (so... TO THE DAT!) is that Hurricane hits during Fly of course, but I'm 90% certain it hits during Bounce too, and that isn't mentioned.

Team Kaxtar:
Bench:

Chinook@Life Orb (Intimidate)
Actions: Rain Dance~Hurricane~Hurricane

Team ToastTyrant13:

Longshot@Life Orb (Anticipation)
Speed: 73
Actions: Thunderpunch -> Bounce -> Thunderpunch

With both trainers opting to switch to a new Pokémon, the field is fresh for another slugfest, as evidence by Chinook the Tomohawk's incredible war cry, Intimidating Longshot. At least, that's what it looks like, dude never speaks. Chinook pulls a drum from nowhere, and begins a traditional Rain Dance of his tribe, and this one seems to work compared to the one I tried last week. Long story short, don't try to make it rain by dancing on your roof. People laugh :( Yes, much like Zubat, dicks are everywhere. But I'm digressing. A lot. Longshot has opted not for his arrows, but an electrified fist along the lines of Aura Beast last round! And it seems he's got lucky, as Chinook suddenly seems a lot more sluggish... Longshot follows up by leaping (out of orbit, I awoke singing-) high into the air, I bet he thinks we all look like ants... But this plays right into Chinook's hands, who whips up an incredibly powerful wind, whirling Longshot around and around! He's so dizzy, he's become confused! Secondary effects are just flying around today.

However, as we all know, what goes up, must come down, and Longshot lands straight on top of his enemy, but instead of launching another ThunderPunch, he instead smacks himself in the face! Confusion is a bitch, my my. This gives Chinook enough time to blow him away with a second mighty Hurricane, closing the round. Both Pokémon have sustained heavy damage, but Chinook seems to have the edge! What now?

Calcs:
Tomohawk is an intimidating thug! Toxicroak's attack fell!
Tomohawk used Rain Dance! (10 energy, Rain 4 rounds)
Toxicroak used ThunderPunch! (crit roll: 1048 - no, para roll: 928 - yes) (17 damage, 2 recoil, 6 energy, Tomohawk 15% paralysed)
Toxicroak Bounced up! (9 energy)
(Para roll: 3703 - success) Tomohawk used Hurricane! (crit roll: 1443 - no, confuse roll: 1123 - yes, intensity roll: 4915 - Severe confusion, 3 actions) (29 damage, 2 recoil, 7 energy)
(Confusion roll: 1496 - success) Toxicroak used Bounce! (17 damage, 2 recoil)
(Confusion roll: 9306 - fail) Toxicroak is confused! It hurt itself in its confusion! (7 damage self, 3 energy)
(Para roll: 5212 - success) Tomohawk used Hurricane! (crit roll: 3537 - no, confusion roll: 6529 - no) (29 damage, 2 recoil, 11 energy)
Tomohawk's paralysis stage fell!

Team Kaxtar:
Bench:

Chinook@Life Orb (Intimidate)
HP: 55
Energy: 72

Team ToastTyrant13:

Longshot@Life Orb (Anticipation)
HP: 29
Energy: 82
Speed: 73

Rain 3 rounds

Kaxtar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)