Kaxtar vs TravelLog atop a snowy mountain (and there's Objection too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1v1 Singles
2 Day DQ
1 Recovery / 2 Chills
Arena: Mountain plateau covered in snow. Because we are on top of a mountain, there are high winds always in effect, boosting the power of flying moves by 2. The snow may be used for water, but it takes a little extra effort to melt the snow.
I'll take you up on this. It'll be my first battle, but hopefully my creativity will make up for my lack of experience

switch=KO
all abilities
no items

We just need a ref now.
Kaxtar, feeling ballsy, has brought with him only one pokemon.

Togekiss [Quartz] (Male)
Nature: Modest (Increase Special attack by 1, Decrease Attack by 1)

Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 80

EC: 9/9
MC: 2
DC: 4/5

Hustle: (Can be Enabled): This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the base damage of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Serene Grace: (Innate): This Pokemon has a blessing which doubles the success chance of its attack’s secondary effects. (eg paralysis from Thunderbolt)

Super Luck (DW): (Innate): This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.

Magical Leaf
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore
Follow Me
Gift Pass
Ancient Power
Safeguard
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
ExtremeSpeed
Sky Attack
Tailwind

Extrasensory
Morning Sun
Nasty Plot

Grass Knot
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

TravelLog, on the other hand, has come with a team of three.

Litwik [Danse Macabre] (Male) (*)
Nature: Modest (+SpA,-Atk)
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Flash Fire (Innate): This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body (Innate):This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
Shadow Tag (DW/Innate):Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:

HP: 90
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Level up:
Ember*
Astonish*
Minimize*
Smog*
Fire Spin*
Confuse Ray*
Night Shade*
Will-O-Wisp*
Flame Burst*
Imprison*

Egg:
Acid Armor*
Clear Smog*
Heat Wave*

TM:
Will-O-Wisp*
Calm Mind*
Toxic*

[pimg]448[/pimg]
Gible [Bahamut] (*) (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Sand Veil (Innate): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW/Innate): When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

EC: 0/9

Stats:

Gible
Atk: Rank 4(+)
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Level Up:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)

Egg:
Outrage(*)
Rock Climb(*)
Iron Head(*)

TM:
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

Breezi [Zephyr] (M) (*)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Poison/Flying
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon, Heat Wave, Icy Wind, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Twister, Whirlwind have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden(DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1(-)
SpA: Rank 4(+)
Spe: 85

EC: 0/6

Attacks:
Level Up:
Gust(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Tailwind(*)
Encore(*)
Knock Off(*)
Copycat(*)
Healing Beam(*)
Whirlwind(*)
Razor Wind(*)
Make Friends(*)

Egg:
Earth Power(*)
Wish(*)
Disable(*)

TM:
Energy Ball (*)
Toxic(*)
Taunt(*)

I am auto-sending out Kaxtar's Togekiss. TravelLog, send out your pokemon and give orders. Then, Kaxtar gives orders and I ref and stuff.

Go Zephyr!

All right, lets get things started right off the bat. I know this our first battle, and we're about to get pwned, but let's make this interesting before Kaxtar unlocks Togekisses DW ability!

First, I want you to use your parachute to take advantage of the updraft and get a height advantage on Togekiss. At that point, launch a Toxic, which should disperse over a wide area thanks to the winds, making it hard to avoid. If you miss, however, go for it again. From there, follow up with Encore, then Copycat.

In summary:
get height advantage and launch Toxic (If miss, Toxic again), then go for an Encore and if you can still move use Copycat

this will be cool...

Firstly, set up a Tailwind to make you faster than breezi.. Next, use encore to lock it into Toxic. Finish up with an ancient power to hopefully get some stat boosts!

Energy: 100%

Energy: 100%

TravelLog responds with a Breezi called Zephyr. Looks like this is one battle that'll be up in the air. Immediately Zephyr starts spewing a cloud of some sort of Toxic substance. Quartz the Togekiss is forced to inhale the deadly stuff, but he starts flapping his wings to make a Tailwind, allowing him to reach unprecedented levels of fastness. With his newfound speed, Quartz calls for an Encore and Zephyr just can't resist making more Toxic clouds. This time, however, they have no effect as Quartz draws upon an Ancient Power and smacks Zephyr hard. After one more useless Toxic cloud, Zephyr snaps out of it and gets his head back in the game. At least the poison started to take a toll on Quartz.

HP: 97
Spe: 160 (doubled due to Tailwind for 2 more rounds)
Energy: 78%
Other: Badly poisoned (2 damage per action)

HP: 74
Energy: 82%

Zephyr uses Toxic for 6 energy
Roll a D100 for accuracy: 70 - hit
Quartz is badly poisoned

Quartz uses Tailwind for 9 energy
Quartz's speed is doubled for 3 rounds
Quartz takes 1 poison damage

Quartz uses Encore for 9 energy
Zephyr is locked into Toxic for 2 actions

The move does nothing

Quartz uses AncientPower for 4 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 13 - no crit
Roll a D100 for stat boosts (chance boosted to 20%): 95 - no stat boosts
Zephyr takes 15.75 damage (round to 16)
Quartz takes 1 poison damage

The move does nothing
Zephyr's Encore ends

Note: I ignored the height advantage thing because that would require a separate action.

Kaxtar, your orders please.

Encore him again into toxic so he can't damage us. Then use Ancient Power, followed by an Air Slash. Let's get some hax!

If by some miracle the encore gets blown away by the wind (lol what?) or you can't avoid it, then I want you to immediately use Disable so he can't encore us. From there, use Copycat followed by Tailwind

OK, some important information has been added that has rendered Kaxtar's Encore illegal. I need to give him a chance to edit his actions. Once he has, TravelLog will also have the opportunity to edit actions. After that, I'll ref.

actually, if its okay with you objection, I'd like to keep the actions they way they are. So my encore fails, and TravelLog disables it. If you still want me to switch moves, swap the encore out for an air slash.

HP: 97
Spe: 160 (doubled due to Tailwind for 2 more rounds)
Energy: 78%
Other: Badly poisoned (2 damage per action)

HP: 74
Energy: 82%

Quartz tries to get Zephyr to do another Encore, but Zephyr is tired of doing the same thing over and over again so he taps into his mind and Disables Quartz's ability to provoke encores. Now angered, the Togekiss summons the Ancient Power once more, but the Breezi scoffs Quartz and copies his Ancient Power, which seems considerably stronger. In fact, I think Zephyr scored a critical hit! Quartz tries to Slash the Air, but Zephyr drifts out of the way with ease before setting up a Tailwind to counteract Quartz's one.

Oh how I love a long shot.

HP: 78
Spe: 160 (doubled due to Tailwind for 1 more round)
Energy: 60%
Other: Badly poisoned (3 damage per action), Encore disabled (4 more actions)

HP: 58
Spe: 170 (doubled due to Tailwind for 4 rounds)
Energy: 61%

Quartz uses Encore for 9 energy
The move does nothing
Quartz takes 2 poison damage

Zephyr uses Disable for 6 energy
Quartz's Encore is disabled for 6 actions

Roll a D16 for crit: 3 - no crit
Roll a D100 for stat boosts (chance boosted to 20%): 60 - no stat boosts

Zephyr uses Copycat to copy AncientPower for 6 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 1 - crit
Roll a D100 for stat boosts: 75 - no stat boosts
Quartz takes 13.5 damage (round to 13)

Quartz uses Air Slash for 5 energy
Roll a D100 for accuracy: 98 - miss

Zephyr uses Tailwind for 9 energy
Zephyr's speed is doubled for 4 rounds

Bad luck Kaxtar. TravelLog, your orders please.

Alright, we seem to have gotten some momentum back. Lets put things in high gear in an taunt, followed by an energy ball and a wish

HP: 78
Spe: 160 (doubled due to Tailwind for 1 more round)
Energy: 60%
Other: Badly poisoned (3 damage per action), Encore disabled (4 more actions)

HP: 58
Spe: 170 (doubled due to Tailwind for 4 rounds)
Energy: 61%

Zephyr begins the round by mocking Quartz about how he can still be faster than him. I think that Taunt pissed him off quite a bit. In fact, it has made Quartz's AncientPower so strong that I think it's a critical hit! Zephyr retaliates by making a Ball of Energy from the natural environment and launching it at Quartz. The power of nature has had a draining effect on Quartz, reducing his resistance to energy attacks, but Quartz has other plans. He's Slashing the surrounding Air again, this time landing a blow on his opponent. Zephyr makes a Wish for some more health, but after yet another AncientPower from Quartz, is it too little too late?

HP: 64
SpD: Rank 3 (-1 due to Energy Ball)
Energy: 47%
Other: Badly poisoned (4 damage per action), Encore disabled (1 more action), Taunt (3 more actions)

HP: 5
Spe: 170 (doubled due to Tailwind for 3 rounds)
Energy: 28%
Other: Will recover 20 HP at the end of the next round

Zephyr uses Taunt for 10 energy
Quartz is taunted for 6 actions

Roll a D16 for crit: 1 - crit
Roll a D100 for stat boosts (chance boosted to 20%): 51 - no stat boosts
Zephyr takes 20.25 damage (round to 20)
Quartz takes 3 poison damage

Zephyr uses Energy Ball for 6 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 13 - no crit
Roll a D100 for special defence drop: 2 - special defence drop
Quartz takes 5.36 damage (round to 5)

Quartz uses Air Slash for 5 energy
Roll a D100 for accuracy: 69 - hit
Roll a D16 for crit: 6 - no crit
Roll a D100 for flinch (chance boosted to 60%): 81 - no flinch
Zephyr takes 17.5 damage (round to 17)

Zephyr uses Wish for 17 energy
Zephyr will recover 20 HP at the end of the next round

Roll a D16 for crit: 14 - no crit
Roll a D100 for stat boosts (chance boosted to 20%): 100 - no stat boosts

Kaxtar, actions plox.

SpD: Rank 3 (-1 due to Energy Ball)
Energy: 47%
Other: Badly poisoned (4 damage per action), Encore disabled (1 more action), Taunt (3 more actions)

HP: 5
Spe: 170 (doubled due to Tailwind for 3 rounds)
Other: Will recover 20 HP at the end of the next round

Quartz the Togekiss suddenly surprises Zephyr the Breezi by moving at such Extreme Speed that Zephyr faints from shock.

Energy: 42%

HP: -5

Quartz uses ExtremeSpeed for 5 energy
Roll a D16 for crit: 5 - no crit
Zephyr takes 9.5 damage (round to 10)
Zephyr is KO'd by the attack

And so, onto the prizes.

Kaxtar gets 2 TC
TravelLog gets 2 TC
Quartz gets 2 MC, 1 DC and 1 KOC
Zephyr gets 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC
Objection gets 2 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)