ORAS UU Keep Friends Close 'Anenomes' Closer (FISH THEMED TEAM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MONO FISH THEMED TEAM - LET 'MINNOW' WHAT YOU THINK
Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen!! I am really having fun posting these THEMED TEAMS and i will keep posting them for you all to join in as well and comment which sets you like or would like to see featured!!

HERE IS MY MONO FISH THEMED TEAM - Preferably to be used in UU competitively

Team Slot 1
Jaws (Sharpedo-Mega) (M) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/Destiny Bond
Mega Sharpedo is the Mega of choice who hits pretty hard with its Strong Jaw ability which it gains upon Mega-evolving... Hence the Nickname 'Jaws' :) from popular 1975 Thriller Jaws... I simply love this pokemon and is the reason i decided to use a MONO FISH TYPE THEME.. Speed Boost is the ability of choice prior to Mega evolving him to take advantage of the Protect+Speed boost combo... After one speed boost its like a free scarf and if used to clean up a slower pokemon prior to using protect turn 2 its like a Swift Swim + Strong Jaw (which gives those JAW attacks 50% boost)... An Adamant nature with maximum EVS in Attack and Speed is prefered to maximize his attack stat since you can basically get free speed boosts every turn... Waterfall and Crunch are the main attacks for this set as they both receive STAB and crucnh gets a further boost by Strong Jaw.... As for the last moveslot it depends on what the team requires.. Ice Fang deals with grass, flying and dragon pokemon (besides Kingdra) while destiny bond can used if you really need to get rid of a threat to the team since our major weaknesses will be ELECTRIC and GRASS....

Team Slot 2
Blowfish (Qwilfish) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Pain Split
Qwilfish really resembles a Blowfish deosnt it? Qwilfish is great for this team since its Poison typing makes it resist grass attacks decently well... Intimidate and full investment in Physical bulk aims to make Qwilfish a physical wall somewhat.. The combination of Thunderwave + Painsplit provides recovery while Toxic spikes really helps this team which does have pokemon that can try to stall out teams.. Black Sludge can be used over Rocky Helmet for even more recovery whilst protect can be used over taunt to increase longevity... Rocky helmet does provide valuable chip damage since this set aims to function as a wll to physcial hits mostly.. An impish nature is used to maximize its defense stat.. The dark type of Mega Sharpedo is useful to switch in on predicted Psychic attacks :) you see the synergy there??

Team Slot 3
AnglerFish (Lanturn) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 104 HP / 224 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance
- Heal Bell
I believe that little light bulb thingy on Lanturn's head is comparable to that of those Angler Fish.. I know it doesnt have those scary fangs as the angler fish but Pokemon are meant to look cute right?? Volt Absorb is the ability of choce which really allows Lanturn to function as a Pivot on predicted electric attacks.. Scald and heal-bell provide team support as the Lucky burn really can hurt the opponent and healbell will remove statuses from the team if needed... The Last moveslot i decided to run Rain dance to boost water attacks by a further 50% since most of the team carry stab water attacks... Rain also doubles the Swift Swimmers if any is used on the team... 104 HP / 224 Def / 180 SpD with a Calm nature is used to maximize Lanturns all around bulk.. A fully defensive set can be used too if you require it to take physcial hits better e.g. Living an earthquake can change the momentum of the matchup...

Team Slot 4
MantaRay (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim/Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 D
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Defog
- Scald
Mantine is definitely a Manta-ray!!!! This team needs a defogger and i believe Mantine can fulfill this role best as its Flying typing makes Grass attacks do neutral damage... Swift Swim is a great ability if Rain dance will be used often by our PIVOTING Lanturn, However if you think water immunity is required on a mono water team then go for it LOL... Ths EV spread aims to make Mantine the Special Wall it is meant to be :) A defensive set can be used if you want to take physcial hit better, however i recommend ths special one to function better as a special wall.. The moves Toxic + Protect + Scald is meant to stall out pokemon.. Defog is the compulsary move to remove hazards for this team...

Team Slot 5
SeaHorsey (Kingdra) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe /4 HP
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
YES KINGDRA IS A FISH!! Check Google you will see that Sea Horse is a fish if you doubt me... Specs Kingdra is the Special Sweeper for this team for obvious reasons (resistance to electric and grass moves) Swift Swim is the best ability to abuse the Rain Dance off our PIVOTING Lanturn.. The EV spread with a Modest nature aims to make Kingdra hit as hard as possible.. An assault vest set with 262 HP / 252 SpA with a modest nature can also be used if you do not wanna be locked into one move, but the power difference off a choice specs is significantly more... The above mention moveslot are the best in my opinion for this team, Draco meteor/ Ice beam for the dragon weakness and Flash cannon for fairies..

Team SLot 6
Coelacanth (Relicanth) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
Relicanth design is obtained from the Coelacanths, constitute a now rare order of fish that is almost extinct.. Which does suit the pokedex entry doesnt it? Now the 6th pokemon was really hard to decide upon as there are so many other good fish pokemon than can easily slot in on this team!! i will make mention to them in the NOTABLE MENTIONS BELOW... But this set however take advantage of Relicanth's natural physcial bulk to hit hard with STAB + BANDED headsmashes and Waterfall... Earthquake and Zen headbutt rounds off the moveslot providing near perfect coverage... The EV spread makes Relicanth a revenge killer more than a fast sweeper... its almost pointless to use speed investment unless you plan t ouse swift swim and have rain up to support him....

Notable Mentions

ElectricFeel (Eelektross)
(M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now how is this EeL pokemon is like a must on any mono fish themed team!! i chose Relicanth in slot six over him only because i like the rarity of a near extinct pokemon on the team!! i advise however that you swap ElectricFeel in for Relicanth as you climb the UU ladder as its alot more usefull since it is immune to ground and resist water/grass attacks.. This is the standard assault vest + 4 attack sets that take advantage of its decent natural special bulk and high Offensive stat.. Modest nature is used over a speedy nature since speed is least desirable on such a slow pokemon!!

Catfish (Whiscash) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Now everyone favorite Catfish is really hard to leave out of this team as i said above.. it can easily take Relicanth's slot since the both can function as a physical sweeper.. Whiscash do need to set up DD to do it effectively but its type combo does make it immune to electric attacks and it does have less weknesses than Relicanth... This EV spread and a jolly nature is preferred to provide key outspeeds after a boost... Life orb recoil can limit its longevity but is required since its not likely to set up many DD with it...

Gunard (Lumineon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
- Scald
- Protect
- Defog
- U-turn
Gunard is a wingfish which kinda suits the Pokedex entry for Lumineon... Lumineon is the other Defogger than can slot in on this team and i must say it really can be a Physical Wall if you get a lucky scald burn.. This set maximizes its physcial bulk to act as a physical wall and U turn to pivot out into maybe a Lanturn or Qwilfish...

Gofish (Seaking) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe /4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Waterfall
- Drill Run
The Goldfish Pokemon is blessed with an amazing ability but really lacks the Stats to make it a proper special attacker.. But its electric immunity is priceless on a mono fish team... This EV spread aims to make goldeen hit as hard as possible with great coverage moves :)... Muscle band or Life orb or even Choice band can make it hit significantly harder but Since it will function as a pivot with its immunity the leftovers recovery can be really useful.. Best used agaisnt choice locked pokemon to force switches and nail switch ins with knock off...

Flounder (Stunfisk) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Discharge
- Earth Power
Stunfisk is the most unique of the fish pokemon since it is not even water type to begin with... It can reliable set SR and hurt Electric type pokemon like Mold Breaker Ampharus who will otherwise shred the above mentioned team... This pokmon can easily Slot in as the 6th pokemon in Relicanth's place and i always love to use him.. Its EV spread aims to maximize his physical bulk to make him as physcically bulky as possible while its dual status moves aim to nail switchins... Dischard + Earth Power is for Stab attacks so you will not be forced out by Taunt

Bass (Basculin-Blue-Striped) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe /4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Zen Headbutt
- Superpower
- Waterfall
This action bass does one thing and does it well!!! LATE GAME SWEEP WITH PRIORITY!! Banded Adaptability aqua get in rain (if possible) will dent most pokemon and outright OHKO sweepers... Waterfall is used on guraenteed outspeeds for even more insane damage output!! This set speaks for itself!! Its FUN and is worth a shot in the team slot 6 if you wanna use the COOL FACTOR...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)