Keldeo (Life Orb) [QC 0/3]

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying to get an answer on this for a few days now, so I'm just going to go ahead and do it. I think this is way different than what would suffice with a Specs merger for reasons I'll mention below. I've also used this thing for around 30 battles on the suspect ladder so I have plenty of experience testing it.

[pimg]677[/pimg]
pretty pony

[SET]
name: Life Orb
move 1: Hydro Pump
move 2: Secret Sword
move 3: Icy Wind
move 4: Hidden Power Electric / Hidden Power Flying
item: Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • switching moves is why this thing is so good; why it's even better than Specs imo (not in set order of course)
  • yes it plays differently than Specs, Specs can't utilize Icy Wind well, Specs can't do the above
  • LO deserves a set compared to Expert Belt because of the drastic increase in power against numerous threats
  • one other thing to explain is HP Flying; it not only hits Toxicroak but also does around half to Celebi and hits Amoonguss pretty damn hard too. also you always win vs. opposing Keldeo and nab the OHKO on all Breloom. a bit unorthodox but it definitely works. (I'd prefer it slashed first but I figured no one would agree.)
  • with that stuff aside not much to explain; Hydro Pump is the power move, Secret Sword is the screw special walls move; both are STAB
  • touched on Icy Wind a bit before -- Icy Wind is cool because it still kills Dragonite, Landorus, and other stuff but also slows down Pokemon like Latios, Latias, and Tornadus so you can kill them more easily. Icy Wind allows you to beat annoying Scarfers like Thundurus-T as they switch in (yes I know it's not the best Scarfer in the world).
  • it's Keldeo, it's powerful, it demolishes much of the metagame, not a whole lot else to it

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • hp psychic for hitting Tentacruel + Toxicroak combination
  • of course Politoed support for those mega insanely powerful Hydro Pumps
  • just demolish Latias tbh; Scizor / Ferrothorn are good choices
  • speaking of Ferrothorn you want hazards; of course Ferrothorn, Forretress and Landorus-T are solid choices as well; the former can Rapid Spin and the latter has nice defemsive synergy
  • this set can deal with Celebi decently well so that should cover the issues

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really don't think this set is necessary. I get Expert Belt as an all out attacker, but really, this set is so similar to both Specs and Expert Belt that it's almost redundant to have this set. I reckon either a merge into the Specs or the Expert Belt with this set is good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)