Kibago (Analysis)

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/kibago

[Overview]

• Monstrous Attack stat combined with a nearly unresisted 120 base power STAB attack is terrifying for most teams.
  • Quite fast and more powerful than the other Dragons, though being frailer than Bagon and without priority like Dratini.
  • Carries Swords Dance and Dragon Dance to boost it's already amazing Attack.
  • Cutest Dragon, though Dratini is pretty cute.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Double Chop / Dragon Claw
move 3: Dig
move 4: Hidden Power Ice
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Naughty / Naive
evs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe

Set Description:
  • Kibago has high Attack, decent Speed, STAB Outrage, and thus an excellent Scarfer.
  • Double Chop and Dragon Claw are strong attacks that don't keep you locked in, like Outrage.
  • Dig can hit Bronzor for heavy damage if it comes down to it.
  • Incinerate, while it looks peculiar, it's a surefire way of getting ridding opposing Steel-types of their berry.
Additional Comments:
  • Payback hits Pokemon such as Bronzor harder than Outrage on the switch...barely.
  • Rock Smash (and even Reversal) hits Komatana.
Teammates and Counters:
  • Bronzor and other steals can take hits quite easily.
  • Pokemon with Ice Shard or powerful priority will deal with Kibago.
  • Magnemite deals with Steels quite effectively, and it also switches into Ice Shard.
  • Wynaut provides free turns for Kibago to set up, and also traps Bronzor.

[SET]
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Double Chop / Dragon Claw
move 3: Dig
move 4: Outrage
item: Life Orb / Oran Berry
ability: Mold Breaker
nature: Adamant
evs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 220 Spe
ivs: 0 HP

Set Description:
  • Kibago has high Attack, decent Speed, and STAB Outrage, Kibagon can wreck the tier after a Dragon Dance.
  • Double Chop and Dragon Claw are strong attacks that don't keep you locked in, like Outrage.
  • Dig can hit Bronzor for heavy damage, especially on the switch. It's risky, however, since it can predict your Dig and use Earthquake.
  • 19 HP makes Life Orb tick for less damage, but Oran Berry is sometimes a superior option anyway, so the HP IVs should be restored.
Additional Comments:
  • Rock Smash hits Komatana.
  • Reversal can be used with Life Orb, since you'll be losing HP quite fast.
Counters:
  • Magnemite deals with Steels quite effectively, and it also switches into Ice Shard.
[Team Options]
[Optional Changes]

• A Substitute set could be useful, however Kibago is better of flat out attacking.
  • Endeavor could be used to lure and basically KO Bronzor, allowing a teammate to sweep.
  • Swords Dance is useful for beating stall, but Dragon Dance does that fine already.
[Counters]

[Dream World]

• It makes the Swords Dance and Choice Band set incredibly viable since not even Bronzor can switch in with an Oran Berry.

Axew

And also add in the Dream World section not to use Incinerate on the Choice Scarf set because you don't need it because it's a weak move and they already can't eat their berry. Mention the move that should be used instead.

Also you mention a Swords Dance set but there is no Swords Dance set here.

Also, it should be "its already amazing attack."

We're assuming PO has the same mechanics as "the actual game," which it does. Also, 99% of us don't have "the actual game" because it hasn't been released in the US yet. (or wherever)

We're assuming PO has the same mechanics as "the actual game," which it does. Also, 99% of us don't have "the actual game" because it hasn't been released in the US yet. (or wherever)
That's not how it works...we are really unsure on fifth gen mechanics still, and things need to be tested in-game, then added to PO.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I know gen 4 mechanics are the same as the game and I thought they already tested gen 5 stats. My bad, sorry

Would it be a good idea to use Return in any set? Because Incinerate has a really bad BP, and won't do much to even Pokemon that are weak to it. (Although it does burn berries)

I think you should at least list Swords Dance in Optional Changes, since you mention it briefly in the Overview. I think you should say that Swords Dance boosts Kibago's Attack to very high levels, but Dragon Dance is generally better because of the Speed boost.

updated and
15:53Aerrowi approve your kibago thread, but don't want to post because i'm 6 posts away from 1k

Choice Scarf said:
Payback hits Pokemon such as Bronzor harder than Outrage on the switch...barely.
Payback doesn't work on the switch like it used to, so Outrage still hits harder.

Also

Bronzor and other steals can take hits quite easily.
See the problem?

EDIT: X-Scissor should probably get a mention as it is Kibago's best way of damaging Bronzor without locking itself in, assurance can work too if you have sr on the field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)