ORAS OU KICKASSER'S BALANCE (PEAKED #1, 2058)

> KICKASSER'S BALANCE [PEAK 1] <

|
|
|
|
|

---Introduction---

Hello, my name is Kickasser (don't judge me I was young when I took this nick) and today I'll present you a team that I builded around the juicy Keld/Tar core, that we all know in this end of ORAS. As laddering is pretty easy when all our ladder heroes are gone (bloody I miss u </3), I'm open to every suggestions to improve my team if u guys wanna help. So, without waiting, let's start.
Proof of peaking: https://snag.gy/5mGsiS.jpg
---Teambuilding Process---

First i took this god duo that destroys everything.

Then I choose to take M-Venu for multiple reasons: it gives a answer to Serperior/Thundurus, both outspeed Keldeo and Ttar and can one shot them (if serp is at +2). It also helps a lot keldeo because it can comes on Amoonguss, Breloom and Keldeo/Manaph, and then hit em very very hard with Sludge Bomb/Giga drain.

I was pretty weak to bird spam and shit, so i decided to add this awesome hazard control core. Zapdos is an awesome mon those days, it has a very good bulk with a amazing typing+defog, and helps against things like Gengar, Pinsir etc. Skarmory makes a solid core with Zap, tanking physical threats (Bisharp, Excadrill, Weavile, M-Gross)

Lat but not least, the best wincon in the game itself, the inkillable bastard, Gliscor. This thing is so broken, that's my main answer to volt/turn that kinda destroys me, it can straight 6-0 stall because it wins pp war against kinda everything. Thats also my main win con against offensive teams, bcause it never dies and can solo win if u kill things that annoys him.

---The Team---

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 176 HP / 140 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret sword
- Sleep talk

That's the best mon in ORAS, what else can I say? The combo of stabs destroys absolutely everything, scald does amazing damages and has a ridiculous 30% chance to burn that annoys a lot his checks. It has a very decent bulk (even without Evs) and is a very good check to Scizor, Weavile, Bisharp Ttar and Heatran. Rest/Talk help to come many times on the field, I think u're kinda weak to bulky offenses without that set. EVs are here to outspeed Medicham, HP to tank Volcanion, and SpA to hit z_z

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stone edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

This thing traps everything that can take Keldeo, like Lati@s and Slowbro. SE and Crunch are stabs, pursuit traps bulky psychics. Superpower compelete the coverage, but that's not the move I use the most. This should definetly not hard switch into something like slowbro because of scald, u should double. T
>>>TIF YOU PUT CHOICE BAND ON TTAR, IT GIVES U A GOD MU AGAINST STALL. USE THE CB TTAR VERSION ONLY IF YOU PLAY AGAINST A STALLY OPPO OR IF YOU PLAY IN THE HIGH LADD. I'LL PUT A PBIN OF THE CB TTAR TEAM DOWNSIDE, I USED IT AROUND THE 2000's<<<

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chorophyll
EVs: 252 Hp / 164 Def / 92 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

When my oppo sends Amoonguss/Slowbro etc, I see a free switch for M-Venusaur. Nothing to say about it, that's my water resist and it can also come on some physical threats like lop or medicham w/out ze. The 92 in speed are here to outspeed full speed Azu, because the Belly Drum set can set up on Keldeo/Skarmory (don't rely on scald burn bro). I think that M-Venu is a very underated mon, even if it's not as good as it was.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Some stalls rely only on this mon to deal with hazards, and I truly understand why. It has an amazing typing coupled with a fantastic bulk, Discharge paralyses ur opponent and make u roost before he can hit u with his Ice/Rock move. It can defogs on almost every SRers (Ferro, Clef w/out CM, Skarm etc). Evs are put in SpD, the rest is here to take a +2 Return form adamant Pinsir after SR and leftovers.​

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Skarm is an excellent mon to take physical attackers that annoy my team (Lopunny, Excadrill etc). Roost is a must have on skarm to allows it to come many times on the field, Brave Bird is the stab with 120bp that hits kinda hard, it helps against Medicham. Whirlwind to phase Bisharp, Gyarados or Breloom that would like to set up against me.

Gliscor @ Toxic orb
Ability: Poison heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spd
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Wing Attack / Toxic

Last mon, gliscor. It has a pretty stupid bulk, with an ability that regens 13% of it's health each turn without doing anything. Earthquake is the main stab, Swords Dance because it can set up pretty easily, Roost to health it. I didn't really figured out what could be my perfect last slot, I like wing attack because it has a lot of PP, witch helps against stall (it 6-0's shed stall and many others), it also lures M-Hera. But Toxic is an option to help Zapdos to defog against Hippo, and help against stalls that doesn't play skarmory.

Threats
+
Yep Magnezone is a threat, u should definetely try shed shell>rh on skarm if ur opponent is a savage
w/ Psych
w/cm 6-0
U can't take those monsters unfort, but pressure em with the rocks and try to pursuit em with ttar.
---Conclusion---

That's the team, i definetely won't recommend you that team if you play aggainst a savage opponent that brings 6 monsters everywhere he goes. Balance isn't the strongest playstyle those day, that's a fact but hey. Overall it's pretty funny to use, and very effective in high ladder because most of the player brings fat juicy teams. That was my RMT, see ya guys ! (Shoutout to my baby Simiatic)

> REPLAYS <
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-465501788 vs Stall (old version with mana)
(replays are comming)

Importable: http://pastebin.com/M15Sxix9

Last edited:
Hey, Nice team man !
M-medicham is a big thread. So, you can use Slowbro or Clefable over Zapdos and HP Fire > Leech Seed on Venu-Mega. Counter > Iron Head is also a good option on Skarmory.

Last edited:
Hey, Nice team man !
M-medicham is a big thread. So, you can use Slowbro or Clefable over Zapdos and HP Fire > Leech Seed on Venu-Mega. Counter > Iron Head is also a good option on Skarmory.
Yup Zen Headbutt medicham definetely destroys me, I pretty mutch need to sack something everytimes it comes on the field. Unfort Counter+SR is an impossible combo, but I'll take ur advices for the rest !

Nice team
I'll definitely try it.
I've also noticed that manaphy with psychic is a threat ... I suggest you to try specs Keldeo with focus blast
If manaphy tries using tail glow you can put, deo, use a powerful focus blast / secret sword.
Try then ttar scarf so you cover even zard y and can kill mana after he suffered a hit Keldeo specs:]
If you want the mon's set ask to me =)

Nice team
I'll definitely try it.
I've also noticed that manaphy with psychic is a threat ... I suggest you to try specs Keldeo with focus blast
If manaphy tries using tail glow you can put, deo, use a powerful focus blast / secret sword.
Try then ttar scarf so you cover even zard y and can kill mana after he suffered a hit Keldeo specs:]
If you want the mon's set ask to me =)
Yep i was playing specs focus blast keldeo before, definetely an awesome RKer for the team
And i think that scarf tyranitar isn't as good as chansey if you want to change that slot :p

cool team and pretty simple to use so I don't really think you should change something at all

other than that I would add Hydreigon to the threat list,expecially the specs set

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Very cool team, I've always thought that venu+zapdos was a great semistall core!
Maybe that you can try calmmind keldeo since you have pursuit tyranitar for latitwins and stall, and try acrobatics on gliscor, it often gets knockoffed.
I would suggest spdef skarmory because gardevoir just wreaks havoc, and you already have a way to beat bisharp and pinsir, and venu+zapdos wall physical attackers!
That kind of team is more interesting than stupid stall, well done!

hmm ty ktut, I definetely agree with you, spdef skarm can help a lot in my team as long as I can't switch into m-garde. calm mind keldeo can be pretty nice, I'll try this to see how it works. ty for ur help buddy !

Hey man awesome team especially with that Spd Skarm and cm kels changes.

Got swept by a zard x at +1, not sure how to go about handling that once it sets up, maybe try for para by changing Zapdos to static?

Pressure is so nice though.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey man awesome team especially with that Spd Skarm and cm kels changes.

Got swept by a zard x at +1, not sure how to go about handling that once it sets up, maybe try for para by changing Zapdos to static?

Pressure is so nice though.
You can't do much vs zardX. You just have to keep ttar healthy. If it runs earthquakes you can first say "well anyway it's incredibly rare" and secondly clickX. Damn I didn't help at all.... Physical glicor can be used, but hello gengar then....

You can't do much vs zardX. You just have to keep ttar healthy. If it runs earthquakes you can first say "well anyway it's incredibly rare" and secondly clickX. Damn I didn't help at all.... Physical glicor can be used, but hello gengar then....
yeah, zard x has to be pressure with rocks and recoil damages (ttar can trap many spiners if it needs to)

Hey Kickasser, that's an interesting team you have got there, i was reading your rmt through building process and noticed that you started with Tyranitar plus Keldeo which is honestly a really good core to begin with, however outside of Latios / Starmie / Latias and slowbro there are also another keldeo's checks that Tyranitar can not beat by itself such as Amoonguss / Venusaur / Gastrodon / Clefable, what i'm trying to say is that your core has some flaws in term of offensive synergy that can be patched by adjusting keldeo's set.

I'd suggest to play Calm Mind Keldeo 3 Attacks @ Lum Berry, this set would definitly be a good fit on your team given the fact that Tyranitar can not highly pressure every keldeo's checks, but with that set keldeo will be able to wear down some of these pokemon listed above which just increases your team overall solidity and effectiveness, Keldeo will now be able to beat Venusaur / Amoonguss / Clefable (depending on spread) / Gastrodon as most of them will try to use statut move in order to stop you while you are 2HKO'ing. Plus this set used to work as a very good stallbreaker which means you have now a strong win condition against Weavile Stall as Gliscor is totally blocked by Quagsire and Skarmory. I also don't think you really need to make Keldeo that bulky when you clearly have paths to beat Bisharp / Weavile (Skarmory + Gliscor + Tyranitar), so it's clueless and is making your team a little too passive given the fact that you don't even have Spikes which are usually "mandatory" in such a balanced team.

Secondly i'd have used Knock Off > Wing Attack on Gliscor and Knock Off > Leech Seed on Venusaur because being able to knock out Clefable's Leftovers or even Tangrowth / Tornadus-T's Assault Vest might be a really good support for Keldeo as a sweeper in addition to be a good defensive tool in general, and to be honest it's not going to be that different because Knock Off is still annoying Heatran in case of Venusaur while also punishing switchs in.

I hope I helped and good luck with your team.:toast:

Keldeo @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Last edited:
Hey Kickasser, that's an interesting team you have got there, i was reading your rmt through building process and noticed that you started with Tyranitar plus Keldeo which is honestly a really good core to begin with, however outside of Latios / Starmie / Latias and slowbro there are also another keldeo's checks that Tyranitar can not beat by itself such as Amoonguss / Venusaur / Gastrodon / Clefable, what i'm trying to say is that your core has some flaws in term of offensive synergy that can be patched by adjusting keldeo's set.

I'd suggest to play Calm Mind Keldeo 3 Attacks @ Lum Berry, this set would definitly be a good fit on your team given the fact that Tyranitar can not highly pressure every keldeo's checks, but with that set keldeo will be able to wear down some of these pokemon listed above which just increases your team overall solidity and effectiveness, Keldeo will now be able to beat Venusaur / Amoonguss / Clefable (depending on spread) / Gastrodon as most of them will try to use statut move in order to stop you while you are 2HKO'ing. Plus this set used to work as a very good stallbreaker which means you have now a strong win condition against Weavile Stall as Gliscor is totally blocked by Quagsire and Skarmory. I also don't think you really need to make Keldeo that bulky when you clearly have paths to beat Bisharp / Weavile (Skarmory + Gliscor + Tyranitar), so it's clueless and is making your team a little too passive given the fact that you don't even have Spikes which are usually "mandatory" in such a balanced team.

Secondly i'd have used Knock Off > Wing Attack on Gliscor and Knock Off > Leech Seed on Venusaur because being able to knock out Clefable's Leftovers or even Tangrowth / Tornadus-T's Assault Vest might be a really good support for Keldeo as a sweeper in addition to be a good defensive tool in general, and to be honest it's not going to be that different because Knock Off is still annoying Heatran in case of Venusaur while also punishing switchs in.

I hope I helped and good luck with your team.:toast:

Keldeo @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]
Hey leftiez ! Ty for ure constructive analysis. I definetely like the lum berry set on keldeo, that can help a lot to lure his checks that are annoying for the Venusaur/TTar core. As u said, it's very good coupled with knock off on venusaur, helping to removing av on Torn-T (and it makes the team a little bit more agressive, because keldeo can become a nice wincon).
As I said the last slot on Gliscor is alterable, it was koff before, but I fell in love with aerial ace because it lures m-heracross everytime and can help against stall (aerial ace gliscor wins the duel against skarmory).
Pretty impatient to try that, ty for ure help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)