King K. Rool's Rainy Day Adventure

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
KINGK. ROOL'S RAINY DAY ADVENTURE
A while ago, there was a "debate" on the OU Viability Ranking Thread on whether or not Feraligatr deserved his current placement in the B Rank. And as we all know, I’m sure, only the highest of quality posts ever make their way into that thread /s. I didn’t participate in that discussion because I had literally zero experience with Feraligatr. I have to say, when I first saw that Feraligatr had been moved up to B, I was shocked and skeptical to say the least. I thought “no fucking way is that thing B rank.” I don’t think I could have been more wrong. Thunderblunder and Lavos Spawn said it better than I ever could, Feraligatr is one of the most threatening rain sweepers, and is an extremely underrated threat. I never would have guessed how easy it would be to get him into Torrent range at +2 and simply clean up with Aqua Jet, but it happens more regularly than you might expect. Speaking of Aqua jet, it’s actually pretty useful since my team doesn’t really fear a Landorus sweep so long as Feraligatr is alive and rain is up. I’m really glad that I made this team, since it got me my suspect ladder reqs (not OU reqs though :mad: I swear I have like eight alts that are all at around 1900-1950 +/- 60 because I would get haxed/be dumb on the last few matches), and it also gave me a chance to add a new ‘mon to my repertoire.
Why the Donkey Kong theme? Because Donkey Kong 64 is the best game fucking EVER.
At a Glance
Team Building Process
After seeing all the Feraligatr hype, I decided to create a team that focused on a Feraligatr sweep. You can’t do that without Feraligatr! So naturally he was the first Pokémon I chose. The next most important thing was to decide which of Crunch, Superpower and Ice Punch I was going to use in the last slot. This was a pretty big decision, so I decided to leave that for later, when I knew how the rest of the team would look.
If you’re using Feraligatr, you better be using Politoed too. I needed rain in order to have any chance of sweeping with him. I went with a defensive build because I wanted to make sure that the rain would stay up for as long as possible. Perish Song is also like guaranteed insurance against certain setup Pokémon and Baton Pass teams (fuck ‘em). Plus, none of the weather starters want to take a Toxic.
At this point, I had noticed that I had two Electric-weak Pokémon on my team, so my next choice was my personal favorite OU sweeper, Thundurus-T. I started off with an Agility set, but it didn’t work out as well as I had hoped, so I went with the mixed set with U-turn and Superpower instead and I haven’t looked back since.
Next, I wanted another Electric resist and Ferrothorn immediately came to mind. What self respecting rain team doesn’t use everyone’s favorite spike ball? Ferrothorn also provided Spikes and Stealth Rock, which Feraligatr would greatly appreciate. It also gave me something to tank Draco Meteors and Outrages from the Dragons that dominate OU.
My team was looking way too slow, and seemed incredibly vulnerable to Scarf Keldeo and Scarf Terrakion. Scarf Latios was an easy fix to both of these problems, since my team could play around Stone Edge and now I had something that could reliably tank a Close Combat and revenge if it came down to that. Plus, Tricking a Scarf onto things that would otherwise give my team trouble (Jellicent, Gastrodon) seemed like a great idea.
As I mentioned above, Kellicent and Gastrodon were pretty huge problems for the team so far, so I decided to add Breloom to easily handle them, as well as give myself a second form of priority. Plus, with the set I use, I could eliminate Lati@s, Skarmory, Salamence, Dragonite (after Rocks), and severely damage Celebi, which is huge for allowing Feraligatr to sweep. And who doesn’t love Spore?
Also, I balanced my team in terms of color :D (three blue, three green)
The Team
King K. Rool (Feraligatr) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Spd / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
Currently testing: Crunch>Superpower
That final boss fight against King K. Rool is a real bitch. Facing Feraligatr reaches a similar level of bitch-ness I’m sure. Feraligatr never ceases to amaze me. I can’t count the number of times I’ve beaten teams by simply setting up to +2 late-game and clicking Aqua Jet. Waterfall is an insanely powerful move. At +2 and in Torrent range, which is not hard to do at all, Waterfall is a OHKO on Tentacruel after Stealth Rock. That’s defensive Tentacruel too, mind you. Specially defensive sets have a chance to be OHKO’d even without a Torrent boost. But enough gushing about how sexy...erm, I mean, powerful...Feraligatr can be. Aqua Jet is really useful for revenge killing Landorus that have set up Rock Polish, and gives me extra insurance to make sure I will never be swept by him. His final move is the real kicker. I chose Superpower because I was finding that Ferrothorn was becoming a bit of a problem since Thundurus couldn’t kill it without Focus Blast. I miss Crunch sometimes (once lost a match where it was me versus Jellicent in a last Pokémon situation, and there was literally NOTHING I could do besides bang my head against my keyboard), but I just don’t know if it’s worth giving up Superpower, which also gives me a way to KO Keldeo (guaranteed OHKO after SR and Spikes at +2). I also wish I had Ice Punch sometimes, but that’s much less often. I would definitely be willing to change Superpower though.
Puftoss (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Scald
- Toxic
Currently testing: Psychic>Protect
I decided to use a specially defensive Politoed spread because it would pair better with Ferrothorn, which is definitely more physically oriented. Scald is a wonderful, wonderful move. The 30% burn chance has saved my butt more times than I care to remember. I also have Toxic, which can hit things like Rotom-W, Jellicent, Water Absorb Vaporeon, and the other weather starters. Protect helps me rack up damage on opponents that have been hit with Toxic or burned by Scald, as well as gain my own Leftovers recovery. Perish Song is definitely the most useful move on this set, though. It’s basically my only defense against Toxicroak, which can’t set up if it’s dying in three turns! This Politoed makes a nice little defensive core with Ferrothorn, with only Fighting type moves hitting both.
Dogadon (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
If anyone tries to tell you that this set doesn’t work, you can tell them they’re the biggest liar on the planet. So many people switch their Celebi into me thinking they can wall me, only to take a huge chunk of health from U-Turn. And if I can predict right, HP Ice + U-turn is essentially a OHKO. I also have a surprising number of people switching in their Tyranitar to take on Thundurus-T. I have to believe it’s because they think it’s a Choice Scarf, which, looking at my team, would make sense to have with Specs Latios. Oh well. When they are dumb enough to keep Tyranitar in, they get absolutely demolished by Superpower. I will say, though, that bluffing the Choice item is extremely useful, since I’ll have a lot of people switch in a Landorus-T on my Thunder and try to set up Stealth Rock as I Hidden Power Ice them into next week. The only problem I have with this set is that Ferrothorn is impossible to beat. I tried using Focus Blast for a while, but I just missed being able to hit on both sides of the spectrum more than Ferrothorn. Plus I already have Breloom and Feraligatr to do that.
Army Dillo (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 88 Def / 252 HP / 168 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
My resident hazards setter and physical wall. Spikes and Stealth Rock are crucial to allowing Feraligatr to sweep, since it turns a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Thunder Wave support is also really cool. If I Thunder Wave the right stuff, then I can use Bullet Seed or Waterfall against certain threats instead of Mach Punch and Aqua Jet, respectively. I’ve considered running Leech Seed instead, to force more switches and rack up more hazards damage, but I’m unsure. If it’s worth losing Thunder Wave. Ferrothorn is my answer to most Dragon attacks, and can easily set up hazards on Dragons locked into Outrage or Draco Meteor.
Krusha (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick
- Psyshock
Latios is the guy who revenge kills stuff. Being the fastest viable Scarf Pokémon in OU has its perks. Also, because I have Surf, Tyranitar isn’t a completely reliable answer to Latios. With only one layer of spikes and Stealth Rock, I can always 2HKO Banded Tyranitar (other sets can’t OHKO Latios so long as I don’t switch out). but mainly Latios is my answer to Keldeo, Breloom, Terrakion, and other Fighting types that can be a pain to deal with without him. Even Infernape can be a bitch, since I don’t want to switch in Feraligatr only to be killed by a ThunderPunch. Trick is also a really cool move since I can use it to cripple walls or Pokémon that can threaten multiple members of my team, but only if it can switch moves. I have to be careful about Tricking though, since I need to make sure I don’t need to be faster than anything my opponent still has alive (for example, if my opponent’s Scarfer is a Keldeo, I have no problem Tricking). I’ve considered using Thunder instead, but I think Thundurus-T has it covered. Memento is also an option to give Feraligatr a sure setup opportunity late game.
Mad Jack (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
Currently testing: Fight Gem>Life Orb
This is my absolute favorite Breloom set. It works so well, since people still haven’t really caught on to how good it is, so they still love to switch in their sleep fodder, and then go right into Latios/Latias/Dragonite/Salamence and promptly get to a low enough health after Rocks that makes them in KO range for Mach Punch. There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing an opponent’s Breloom counter get demolished by STAB Focus Punch coming off of Adamant base 130 attack Life Orb Breloom. That is the very definition of power. Bullet Seed is important since it lets me deal with Gastrodon, Jellicent, and Rotom-W, which all need to be taken out before Feraligatr can attempt to sweep. Spore is obviously extremely useful, since it basically puts one Pokémon out of commision every game, and lets me get a free switch into something else, should I need it.
Notable Threats
*I’ll fill this in more later*
Toxicroak
This thing can be impossible for me to take out. Honestly, I just have to hope that I can get it down to the last Pokémon and then kill it with Perish Song, or Trick it with Latios so it can’t Sucker Punch me to death. Beyond that I have nothing to do to this thing. However, it can’t take Focus Punch + Bullet Seed if I get at least three hits. or have Spikes up. Still a major threat that I hate having to deal with.
Alakazam
It isn’t hard to beat once I break its Sash, but doing that is no easy feat. If I can, then I can revenge kill it with Feraligatr without any real trouble. It’s mostly a matter of “what can I afford to sac?”
Physical Celebi
U-turn does nothing to these things and Draco Meteor from Latios can’t do much at all. I battled Vertex the other day and he was using one. The only reason I was able to KO it was because I caught him off guard with Focus Punch. There’s really not much I can do to stop it though.
Expert Belt Latios
If the opponent can get sand up then this thing is a problem because it can KO Ferrothorn with HP Fire, which is the only thing I have to absorb Dragon attacks. Latios can revenge kill it, but locking myself into Draco Meteor is never something I want to do.
Conclusion
So that’s the team. I’ve had some great success with it, but more importantly, it’s been really fun to use. I wish I could say it got me both suspect requirements, but nope, only the suspect ones :I oh well. if at all possible, I would like it if your rates could try to improve the team without changing Feraligatr for another Pokémon, though I’m sure I don’t need to tell most people that. I’d like to specifically thank Thunderblunder and Lavos Spawn who indirectly gave me the idea to start the team. Thanks in advance for the rates! Hope you enjoyed my third RMT!
Importable
Keep the nicknames...
Code:
King K. Rool (Feraligatr) @ Mystic Water[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Torrent[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Adamant Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Swords Dance[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Waterfall[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Superpower[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Aqua Jet[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER] [/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Puftoss (Politoed) @ Leftovers[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Drizzle[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Calm Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]IVs: 0 Atk[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Protect[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Perish Song[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Scald[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Toxic[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Dogadon (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Expert Belt[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Volt Absorb[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Naive Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Thunder[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Superpower[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Hidden Power [Ice][/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- U-turn[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Army Dillo (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Iron Barbs[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Impish Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Stealth Rock[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Spikes[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Power Whip[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Thunder Wave[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Krusha (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Levitate[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Timid Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]]IVs: 0 Atk[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Draco Meteor[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Surf[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Trick[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Psyshock[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Mad Jack (Breloom) @ Life Orb[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Trait: Technician[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]Adamant Nature[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Bullet Seed[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Spore[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Mach Punch[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]- Focus Punch[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, firstly I'd just like to say I really like this team, and it's very similar to a Gator team I made recently. I think for the reason, I could offer you a few suggestions to help you improve your team.

First, I feel that Breloom is out of place. Breloom is a great Pokemon, but I don't feel you should be LO, as I feel Fighting Gem is the superior option for wall breaking. This would allow you to easily break threw the Pokemon you're having problems with, like Alakazam and Latios.
252+ Atk Fighting Gem Breloom Focus Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 242-285 (80.39 - 94.68%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Fighting Gem Breloom Focus Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 378-444 (150 - 176.19%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Both are OHKOd on the switch after Mach Punch, and LO I feel just wears it down too much way too quickly.

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch

Secondly, I don't like Ferrothorn much in this team. It feels like it could be replaced pretty easily by Jirachi. Jirachi still offers SR support, along with Wish Support (if you chose to go down that route), as well as still taking on Dragon types that was Ferrothorn's main role. Jirachi can still paralyse Pokemon, so I really feel Jirachi is the superior option.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder / Healing Wish

Healing Wish I feel is a great option as it helps you loads with winning the weather war, as well as giving a sweeper another chance to sweep (Breloom might get burned from Scald, or Gator might be put to sleep etc), but I feel you like paraysis support, so Thunder is listed first.

The only differences between are team after these changes are that I use an offensive Politoed, and I use Keldeo over Thundurus-T (Keldeo lures in Celebi very well and does a ton with HP bug), but you already lure it out moderately well with Thundurus-T.

Anyway, there's my rate. I really like this team and I hope my suggestions helped you :]

Frist of all,I don`t see the point in using Mystic Water, if there is one please tell me. However, I would use Life Orb or Leftovers>Mystic water since it gives him more power or more durability. Then I would change Super Power to Dragon Tail, if you want phasing which could come in handy at one point, or to Crunch. I personally would use Dragon Tail since most of the things which Crunch covers are already covered by Thundurus-T.All in all I really like the team and it has a good snyergy and is a really good coverage and I do not see room for many improvements. I will test this team a bit today maybe I come across some other things but as I said I do not see any. =P

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Erm, I hate to rain on your parade but, Mystic Water is used over LO because Gator is aiming to be knocked into Torrent range as it sets up, and after 3 hits or so it would faint from LO recoil. It's not like you're missing out on any signifigent KOs anyway. Also, Dragon Tail really isn't a good move on Gator, as it isn't meant to be phazing Pokemon, because it's a sweeper. Gator reaally needs the coverage that Super Power provides, otherwise it's walled pretty hard by Ferrothorn.

Erm, I hate to rain on your parade but, Mystic Water is used over LO because Gator is aiming to be knocked into Torrent range as it sets up, and after 3 hits or so it would faint from LO recoil. It's not like you're missing out on any signifigent KOs anyway. Also, Dragon Tail really isn't a good move on Gator, as it isn't meant to be phazing Pokemon, because it's a sweeper. Gator reaally needs the coverage that Super Power provides, otherwise it's walled pretty hard by Ferrothorn.
Fair enough did not think of that sorry =P but thx for telling me

BHey there Halcyon of Light!

I battled this team two day ago? and it was really solid, but the problem was, its not physically defensive Celebi that was the problem actually, because I was actually using Specially Defensive Celebi. All Celebi variants defeat this team, especially the Choice Scarf, though rare, and I think this may be a problem. Just a few things to point out. Latios has actually become a mediocre scarfer in this metagame, since its weaker than the Choice Specs variant and is absolute set-up bait to common set-up sweepers like Volcarona. Ferrothorn also seems to problem. While you do have Breloom, a well predicted Thunder Wave can leave Breloom absolutley crippled. I like the Technician Focus Punch set, and you told me to try it out, but I think the Choice Band Variant would most likely give you more benefits. The problem is, that Breloom is completely reliant on prediction for Focus Punch after Spore's been used, which kind of sucks and Choice Band variant doesn't only have similiar power as your current one, but isn't dead weight once you lose the weather wars. I faced the similiar rain variant of this after the last battle when your battling my Sun Stall team, and I remember Breloom was dead weight considering Spore and its coverage were bad. Choice Band allows you to clean 2HKO Latios and Alakazam with Low Sweep and has a powerful Mach Punch later on. Mach Punch pretty much 2HKOes everything and allows you to defeat common threats that are steamroll your team like Toxicroak who is 2HKOed by Bullet Seed through switch and also, you aren't reliant on Spore the first turn to get the Focus Punch, so you can use it to cripple the counter like Alakazam.Sure it sucks getting locked into Spore, but you should switch out immediately to make it set-up bait for Feraligatr.

As I said before, Latios is mediocre. You should try to go for a a Choice Scarf Palkia, oh, I mean Life Orb Latios and switch your Thundurus-T to a Choice Scarf set. You can still keep the same moves, because the damage output will be similiar still since a super-effective attack is obviously doing a lot from those high attack stats. Since most Tyranitar like to switch into Thundurus-T, its easy to catch them off guard, with Superpower, since I know your a good predictor after I battled you, and its also isn't completely safe considering most Tyranitar are Choice Scarf. It also helps you with the KeldTarLando core which you had trouble with when you battled me. Finally, if you decide to keep Scarf Latios, just use the simple 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe spread. 72 HP is only exclusive to Latias, since it allows it to to live Venasaur Sludge Bomb.

Overall, I like this team, and I have not faced the power of Feraligatr yet, but I will soon, lol. Good Luck! n_n

Summary of Changes
  • Breloom
    • Change to Choice Band set

Breloom | Choice Band | Technician
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Max IVs
Low Sweep | MAch Punch | Bullet Seed | Spore
  • Latios
    • Change to Life Orb set

Latios | Life Orb | Levitate
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
Draco Meteor | Surf | Psyshock | Roost
  • Thundurus-T
    • Choice Scarf > Expert Belt

Great team! I love the use of such an underrated pokemon.

I'm not sure how helpful this could be, but what about the possible change of item for Feraligatr? I'm suggesting that water gem could be a better item. I did a damage calc, and Feraligatr's waterfall boosted by water gem OHKOs Tyranitar in SANDSTORM after rocks. And that's if it's the bulky support set. ScarfTar and BandTar get OHKO'ed regardless of hazards. It can also take out other switch-ins like Jolteon (good for keeping a steady sweep going if the switch can be predicted,) bulky Volcarona, and Mienshao. Be aware this is all putside of rain. In the rain, water gem boosted waterfall OHKO's Thundurus (a notable threat to your team if it's an Agility set with HP Ice, Sableye (fucking bitch), and bulky Espeon. Think about the power of water gem if Gorrent gets activated, or. an SD is pulled off. I realize the one-time item is kind of a let down, but I think it increases the sweeping capabilities of Feraligatr.

TL;DR
Water Gem > Mystic Water

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
I don't like Ferrothorn much in this team. It feels like it could be replaced pretty easily by Jirachi. Jirachi still offers SR support, along with Wish Support (if you chose to go down that route), as well as still taking on Dragon types that was Ferrothorn's main role. Jirachi can still paralyse Pokemon, so I really feel Jirachi is the superior option.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 36 Spd
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder / Healing Wish
Getting rid of Ferro for Rachi makes him lose a vital water and electric resist which he really needs.

Anyways,

Hey, HoL.

When I was testing this team I found Loom to be really annoying, especially that Fpunch set you're using on this team. The quickest fix that comes to mind is running Sleep Talk>Trick on Latios. You may miss Trick but I think it is worth it to absorb sleep from Amoon, Loom, and the ocasional Venu.

Consider changing Thund-T's current set to a Double Dance set. This will give you a second win condition and it can set up on Celebi and Jellicent to weaken/kill them for Gatr (Ebelt is doing the exact same as this set would be though, so it is whichever you prefer).

If I find any other things that could be tweaked/changed for the better of the team during testing I'll get back to you, hope I helped, GL.

EDIT: I support your idea of putting psychic on Toxicroak, it pretty much nullifys it as being a threat which is the only glaring weakness I can point out (Zam is a threat to many, many teams w/o a Mandibuzz, Rachi, etc, and your fear of Ebelt Os isn't that huge imo.) Watch out for powerful attackers like Bandkion and Specsdeo.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
Getting rid of Ferro for Rachi makes him lose a vital water and electric resist which he really needs.

Well it' not as if he doesn't already have Water resists (Gator, Politoed, Breloom, and Latios) or Electric resists (Breloom, Latios, Thundurus-T), but I guess if Jirachi's utility doesn't make up for this, then keep Ferrothorn I guess. Not every suggestion is going to be perfect, and there are going to be reasons behind every suggestion as to why they shouldn't use it.

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Well it' not as if he doesn't already have Water resists (Gator, Politoed, Breloom, and Latios) or Electric resists (Breloom, Latios, Thundurus-T), but I guess if Jirachi's utility doesn't make up for this, then keep Ferrothorn I guess. Not every suggestion is going to be perfect, and there are going to be reasons behind every suggestion as to why they shouldn't use it.

Let's look at what uses water moves and electric moves in OU.

Rotom-W
Keldeo
Thundurus-T
(just to name a few)

Rotom is both types to mess up his water resists weak to it, Latios would take a nice chunk of damage coming in, making him susceptible to other water hits. Breloom takes a crap load from Hpump and can get burned.
Keldeo 2hko's every water resist (in rain w/ HPump) bar Politoed (can't touch it back) and Latios (2hko'd with rocks up)
Thundurus-T smacks his electric resists with HP Ice.

You suggest Rachi for his team but provide no explanation why it is the superior option besides Healing Wish (look at your post; "it does this like Ferro, this like Ferro, and this like Ferro, so it is the superior option). You pointed out that Rachi and Ferro are very similar, but the fact that Ferro is a more reliable switch in into those pokemon is why he should use Ferro>Rachi

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
Let's look at what uses water moves and electric moves in OU.

Rotom-W
Keldeo
Thundurus-T
(just to name a few)

Rotom is both types to mess up his water resists weak to it, Latios would take a nice chunk of damage coming in, making him susceptible to other water hits. Breloom takes a crap load from Hpump and can get burned.
Keldeo 2hko's every water resist (in rain w/ HPump) bar Politoed (can't touch it back) and Latios (2hko'd with rocks up)
Thundurus-T smacks his electric resists with HP Ice.

You suggest Rachi for his team but provide no explanation why it is the superior option besides Healing Wish (look at your post; "it does this like Ferro, this like Ferro, and this like Ferro, so it is the superior option). You pointed out that Rachi and Ferro are very similar, but the fact that Ferro is a more reliable switch in into those pokemon is why he should use Ferro>Rachi
I'm sorry Au, but I'm not going to argue with you on this thread. It's up to HoL if he wants to use the set, and if you don't like the suggestions I made that's fine.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you all. I really appreciate the rates (and it seems like you all have done some actual testing with the team instead of just looking at it on paper, so thank you!).

@ShootinStarmie Wow that's a really cool Jirachi set. The only thing is, I think that I would rather have regular Wish support than having to sac my special wall to heal something, but I made another team recently (that uses Agility / Thunder / Hurricane / Surf Dragonite, which is AMAZING). I would normally totally agree that Jirachi would work better than Ferrothorn. The only problem I can see is that Feraligatr really needs Spikes support. However, I'll give your set a test and see how it works out. Thanks for the rate and the "like," man!

@Vertex, I've never been a huge fan of Choice Band Breloom, and I think that set kinda defeats the whole purpose of the Breloom I use. You said it requires prediction, but honestly, I think FP Breloom doesn't need to predict at all. You just put something to sleep and then Focus Punch. The only time I would think twice before doing that is if an opponent had a Chandelure (not likely) or a Landorus-T, in which case I would most likely just Bullet Seed. As for Latios and Thundurus-T, I can see certain Scarfers becoming troublesome (Garchomp) but I've considered that change myself and I think it could definitely work so I'll give it a shot, thanks!

@Shadow Poochyena, Water Gem would be useful, but only once and then suddenly Feraligatr would be much less powerful. I think I'm going to stick with Mystic Water. Thanks for the rate though!

@Trainer Au Wow, Sleep Talk on Latios is a great idea and I had never thought about that. Yeah Breloom can be a serious pain because i have to think very carefully about what i want to be put asleep. I'll definitely test that out. Double Dance Thundurus-T has always been underwhelming for me, but I'll give it a shot anyway since it also handles Celebi pretty well and laughs at Celebi trying to Baton Pass to Keldeo/Landorus. Thanks for the suggestions!

Keep it coming, guys!

Hi there,
I'm not really good at rating, but I used a really similar team for a while. I want to suggest a change of scarfer: I would use Scarf Tornadus-I in Latios' place. This is the set:

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sure, you lose in bulk and you will be more weather dependant, but since you use Latios to revenge kill i think you might give it a try. Using this set would fix your major concerns. Hurricane under rain is really powerful even if you don't use a positive nature and you can use Tornadus as an alternative winning condition if you manage to maintain rain on the field.
I thought about him because he checks all of the mons you listed as threats: Toxicroak and Physical Celebi can get smashed by Hurricane, and you can weaken Alakazam and Latios with U-turn. Moreover, Focus Blast deals huge damage to Ttar (something Latios wishes he could do that well) and hp ice can check weakened dragons, as well as Lando and Gliscor.
He also does a good job against the fast Fighting types you listed in Latios' analysis; STAB Hurricane is really, really powerful!
Other than that, good job! Hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)