King of the Hill (UPDATED See Post #71)

approved by HeaLnDeaL
OP adopted from Megazard

CAP King of the Hill
banner coming soon :)
In this thread, two users are voted on to be the first battlers for the top of the hill. They will compete in a best of 3; the winner is then established as the King. From there on, two things happen: the King selects a format, preferably best of three with different CAP metagames (exception can be made for bo1 or other formats on a case to case bases) and then the community votes on a new challenger to try and dethrone the current King. This can lead to exciting, hopefully, high-quality battles in interesting and fun metagames that the king (and challenger) are likely good at. The metagames would consist of one mandatory SUMO Cap battle, and the other two battles could consist of the following: USUMO Cap, ORAS Cap, BW Cap, LC Cap and Cap Doubles. Repeats are allowed so yes you could technically play 3 USUMO Cap games, but diversity is encouraged for more interesting battles.

A list of former challengers and Kings will be kept updated in the next post. Activity will be given on a case-by-case basis; it’s perfectly fine if a King can't play for a few days, but long absences will result in a cycling out as King. I’ll be fair about this - no one wants a King dethroned without a fight, but people also want to see battles to keep the game moving. Also - make sure to save replays.

You can start nominating below! Good luck! Nominations will work as follows: each person can nominate up to 3 users other than themselves, with each nom counting as a vote. The two users with the most votes after a week will start.

Becoming King of the Hill:

First you must defeat the current King of the Hill. Once you have defeated the current King, you must post in this thread with your tier choice. I will update the thread as often as I can.

Leaderboard:

I will maintain a leaderboard. You will receive a spot on the leaderboard once you have successfully defended your Hill and earned a point. Top players will receive an avatar and other perks on the leaderboard too. At the end of every 3 months, the king of the hill with the most points will win the season.

Last edited:
Current King of the Hill- Jordy
Leaderboard:

1. Granny Pie 2 pt
2. Jho 2 pt
3. Jordy 1 pt
4. Heaven Jay 1 pt
5. mxmts 1 pt
6. Rage.Spam.Quit 1 pt
7. Snake_rattler 1 pt

Replays:
snake_rattler vs reachzero

snake_rattler vs Heaven Jay

Heaven Jay vs mxmts

mxmts vs Rage.Spam.Quit.

Rage.Spam.Quit. vs Granny Pie

Granny Pie vs Snorlax in the way

Granny Pie vs Jho

Jho vs SHSP

Jho vs Jordy

Jordy vs
nathan rn

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)