Kingdra (Full Revamp) +

that's correct. I removed that sentence both on-site and in the OP, since it doesn't affect how it is played or the flow of the paragraph at all.

I was about to post a CB Kingdra edit, but then I found MetaNite's set in this thread. However that set involved 2 Special Attacks/Toxic and seemed focused on Rain Teams. This CB Kingdra set is a bit different in terms of EVs and attacks (although not by much); his set outspeeds Jolly TTar, while this one outspeeds 252 Adamant Gyara. I'll just write it up here instead of creating a new thread.
-------------------------------------
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kingdra

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Hydro Pump
move 4: Return / Sleep Talk
item: Choice Band
nature: Naughty
EVs: 252 Atk / 34 SpA / 224 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set trades the sweeping potential of Dragon Dance for immediate power in the form of Choice Band. Sporting 475 Attack with Choice Band equipped, Kingdra can deal serious damage to mostly any switch-in by virtue of its high powered STAB moves. Outrage will 2HKO Celebi, Vaporeon, and Swampert (provided Stealth Rock is in play). Waterfall serves as your weapon against Tyranitar and Heatran; most importantly, it couples very well with Outrage to afford Kingdra phenomenal attacking coverage. With 34 Special Attack EVs, you can 2HKO 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory and Forretress with Hydro Pump; this is significant because both Pokemon take little damage from Waterfall. It is also your strongest move against 252 HP/0 SpDef Metagross, who takes 42% on average. There are admittedly few options for the final slot. Return is your best bet to damage Water-types without locking yourself into Outrage; as such it deals 35% on average to 188 HP/252 Def Vaporeon and 31% to 240 HP/216 Def Swampert (although you're better off using Waterfall against the latter). Sleep Talk is another option, as it allows Kingdra to deal damage even while asleep. This recommendation, however, comes with a warning: Sleep Talk will fail after one use, thanks to Choice Band.</p>

<p>The EV spread is relatively straightforward. A Naughty nature with 252 Attack EVs allows Kingdra to score crucial 2HKOs against Swampert and Vaporeon with Outrage. 34 Special Attack EVs allow for Skarmory and Forretress to fall in two hits thanks to Hydro Pump. 224 Speed EVs allow Kingdra to outpace Adamant Gyarados by a point.</p>

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Unless you have a rain starter, it's pretty useless to have Swift Swim, as Sniper is probably superior even if the critical hit chance is low. Since the chances of having Rain set up is close to none if you do not have a Rain starter, possibly even less than a critical hit chance (this is debatable, I am just saying what I think)

Swift Swim can be used, however, to act as a countermeasure against enemy Kingdra. Since you use 224 speed EVs, this will outpace the regular RainDance Kingdra; in other words, you can act as a Kingdra revenge killer if used right.

You should alternate between the two if you do not have a Rain starter; use the former if Rain usage is low, use the latter if it is high or if you think it is rising. I merely have stated what the obvious was in my opinion here in response to the previous post: if someone wants to disagree (most likely RaikouLover), I don't mind, as I could be wrong.

Removed the ability. I followed the lead of the DD Kingdra set in not specifying an ability, since both are viable.

If Return doesn't even 3HKO Vaporeon (due to Leftovers), then what is the point of it? It gives you no additional type coverage.

Mine is meant to be used on a Rain Dance team, as it works best there, tihs is not. Just thought I'd point that out.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think the set is anything other than Other Options material, but here's a copy edit.

I didn't bother to underline or bold anything as my computer is really dumb and makes me do 8 clicks to get bold to work. I removed some of the hype and rewrote it to sound less awkward.

<p>This set trades the sweeping potential of Dragon Dance for immediate power in the form of Choice Band. Sporting 475 Attack with Choice Band equipped, Kingdra can deal serious damage to most switch-ins with its great STAB moves. Outrage will 2HKO Celebi, Vaporeon, and Swampert provided Stealth Rock is in play. Waterfall does great damage to Pokémon such as Tyranitar and Heatran; more importantly, it has perfect attacking coverage with Outrage. With 34 Special Attack EVs, you can 2HKO 252 HP/0 SpDef Skarmory and Forretress with Hydro Pump, Pokémon that could otherwise wall Kingdra. It is also your strongest move against Metagross, who takes 42% on average.</p>

<p>The final slot is filler. Return is your best bet to damage Water-types without locking yourself into Outrage; it deals 35% on average to 188 HP/252 Def Vaporeon. Sleep Talk is another option, as it allows Kingdra to deal damage even while asleep. Keep in mind that Sleep Talk will fail after one use thanks to Choice Band.</p>

<p>A Naughty nature with 252 Attack EVs provides it with as much attack as possible, allowing Kingdra to 2HKO Swampert and Vaporeon with Outrage. 34 Special Attack EVs guarantee the 2HKO against Skarmory and Forretress with Hydro Pump. 224 Speed EVs allow Kingdra to outpace Adamant Gyarados.</p>
If Return doesn't even 3HKO Vaporeon (due to Leftovers), then what is the point of it? It gives you no additional type coverage.
Wearing it down on switch-ins, scouting for your counter without locking yourself into OUtrage, neutral coverage, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)