Kingdra Under the Sea (Peaked 1634 on Pokemon Showdown)

tehy

Banned deucer.
Seeing as you have kingdra to deal with water and rain in general, why not try running SpD zapdos? It straight counters tornadus-T, instead of just checking it, and can also roast ferrothorn on the switch-in with heat wave. That catches a lot of nooby players off guard, and with good predictions you can beat down pros looking to bait a heat wave/absorb a volt switch. After ferrothorn dies, kingdra can sweep a lot more easily.

You stated you don't like legendary pokemon on your team, but honestly-legendary pokemon are not broken, they're not unfair, and they're not a big deal. If we're going there, rotom is arguably legendary as well.

Having more speed always means a loss in power. Whether or not you want lucario to outspeed things or hit harder is your choice, and there's not much of a consensus on this. I'd recommend going to the strategy dex entry on lucario, and deciding what's more important for your team.

Hey Slowking, have you tried out Pocket's version of Kingdra?

Kingdra @ Dragon Fang
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Mild or Rash Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage / Waterfall

I think this will greatly help the team, but I think you opt out outrage for Waterfall, if you don't like being locked into Outrage, but I believe Hydro Pump in the Rain will get rid of those Steel types like Genesect out of the way. Plus you have Infernape to deal with them. Plus the Rain Dance on Kingdra limits the Fire Blast on Infernape on Salamence.

Also change Salamence's ability back to Moxie. Think about, after you intimidate a Pokemon then what you'll just keep switching in an out to weaken a Pokemon's Attack. But what if there are Stealth Rocks on the field, you can't afford to keep switching out Salamence. That's why I suggest switching back to Moxie.

Don't change your nature on Lucario, with two priority that bypasses the speed threats of faster Pokemon. The loss in power will be noticed and you'll be cussing at the computer if you don't.

I agree, you don't need a check to Tornadus-T, you need a counter, but i feel as though you don't like to pivot defensively on this team. b/c you mention a while back that Rotom-W wasn't working for your team. I think that Alakazam is perfectly fine on your team. You know if you really want a Pokemon that outspeeds the Genes and Birds then you should know that Weavile and Starmie outspeeds Tornadus-T. You can change Mamoswine for Weavile if for a faster attacker, but he doesn't have endeavor, but he has low sweep to his advantage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)