ORAS LC Kit BoltBody and the Tough Boy Squad

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"ROLL CALL, SOLDIERS! UP AND AT 'EM!"
Kit BoltBody!
"Preeeeesent!"

Randy FaceBlow!
"More like Ready ToGo!"

Slate PunchMeat!
*affirmative grunts*

Rocky HugeFist!
"SIR YES SIR"

Beef ButchHack!
"Right here!"

Dirk FlankHammer!
"Yessiree!"

KIT BOLTBODY

AND THE TOUGH BOY SQUAD

-----------------

PROFILES & RECRUITING

NAME: Kit BoltBody
SPECIES: Bunnelby
ATTRIBUTES: Huge Power-boosted 28 Atk; 13 Spe and Agility; Powerful STAB and good coverage
POSITION: Win Condition

NAME: Randy FaceBlow
SPECIES: Gothita
ATTRIBUTES: Shadow Tag; Great coverage; Immense revenge killing capacity; Ability to check Fighting Types
POSITION: WinCon Main Support // Fighting Check #1

NAME: Slate PunchMeat
SPECIES: Omanyte
ATTRIBUTES: Access to two main damaging hazards in tandem with Weak Armor and Focus Sash; Ability to check Fletchling; Scan Bald
POSITION: Entry Hazard Layer // Fletchling Check #1

NAME: Rocky HugeFist
SPECIES: Pawniard
ATTRIBUTES: Defog-deterring Defiant; Powerful Knock Off; Priority Sucker Punch; Ability to switch in on other Pawniard; Abiliity to switch in on Fletchling
POSITION: Defog Deterrent // Pawniard Check #1 // Fletchling Check #2

NAME: Beef ButchHack
SPECIES: Pumpkaboo
ATTRIBUTES: Ability to block Rapid Spin; Ability to check Abra and Gastly; Access to Will-O-Wisp; Priority Shadow Sneak
POSITION: Rapid Spin Blocker // Abra Check

NAME: Dirk FlankHammer
SPECIES: Croagunk
ATTRIBUTES: Ability to check Shell Smashers; Ability to check Fighting-types; Ability to check Pawniard; Priority Vacuum Wave; Knock Off support
POSITION: Shell Smash Check // Fighting Check #2 // Pawniard Check #2

-----------------

ANALYSES & NOTES

Kit BoltBody (Bunnelby) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 5
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 132 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Agility

Aaaaaaaand here's where I drop the recruiter theme! Speed boosting is amazing in Little Cup, and AgiliBunny in particular is a huge threat. On a perfect team, I could run Life Orb and legit just win, but Eviolite lets Kit set up much, much easier. Return and Earthquake are standard on Bunnelby for the great coverage they provide. I picked Stone Edge over something like Iron Head or Quick Attack because it still allows me to take on Archen and Vullaby while giving me a stronger attack against Gastly and Pumpkaboo. My EV spread is custom afaik and it maxes Attack while hitting 26 Speed after an Agility boost, outspeeding any relevant Scarfer short of Scarf Gastly. This allows me to also invest in some bulk, helping Bunnelby take moves like Sucker Punch after it sets up.

Randy FaceBlow (Gothita) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gothita is practically the best partner a Bunnelby can hope for, as it can trap and remove just about everything Bunnelby can't deal with: Fighting-types, Ferroseed, Tirtouga, etc. etc. etc. That's about all Goth does for this team and that role is reflected in its moveset, as Psychic, Hidden Power Fire, and Energy Ball take care of the aforementioned threats. Beware of Sucker Gunk tho 0_o

Slate PunchMeat (Omanyte) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]

When I wanted to build this team, I was told "Agilibunny is easy, just hazard stack + antispin core." That user, as you may have guessed, was none other than Albert "@Fiend Hound" Einstein. However, I also enjoy throwing a little oddity into my teams and I hate Dwebble, and so suicide stack Omanyte joined the team. I like Scald cause it burns shit and HP Grass lets Oma 1v1 Dwebble and other Omanyte and Tirts and shit. I like Focus Sash as well because if I don't need to set up any hazards Oma can 1v1 stuff like Diglett or Drilbur if it needs to. The EVs max out Speed and Special Attack so Oma can slam shit and lay pebbles as quick as it can.

Rocky HugeFist (Pawniard) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Up to this point I have no way to deal with opposing Pawniard, which is a huge no-no for any serious LC team. There happen to only be three Pokemon in Little Cup that resist Pawniard's STAB attacks: Houndour, Carvanha, and Pawniard itself. Pawniard was an obvious answer to my Pawniard weakness, and it also provides me with a couple other incredibly valuable tools which I lacked up to this point. Priority is important for offense teams, as it eases the matchup with other offensive teams; Pawniard's Sucker Punch is no joke, and I like to think I'm damn good at Sucker 50/50s. On the other hand, Knock Off support helps Bunnelby and Gothita to dismantle defensive teams with ease, and Pawniard has the strongest KO in the tier. Iron Head obviously helps against threats like CM Spritzee, and Brick Break lets me take on other Pawns. Defiant also helps keep Oma's hazards on the field, which is nice but I almost never use it lol. It also beats LO Abra so Abra isn't broken.

Beef ButchHack (Pumpkaboo-Super) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

My team had no way to stop Rapid Spin or Drilbur or Abra / Gastly outside of Pawn 50/50s so Pumpkaboo was a nifty fit. Grass-types are actually pretty nifty in this meta and Will-O-Wisp is insanely good as well. Pump can also usually switch into Abra and Gastly once or twice and it does a good job of threatening them with Shadow Sneak. Pump also does a pretty good job of checking threats like Zigzagoon and it's overall just a really good mon. I'm super tired so these descriptions might be pretty shit at this point but I'll be damned if Pumpkaboo isn't a perfect fit for this team.

Dirk FlankHammer (Croagunk) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Sucker Punch

I actually think all of my RMTs have had Croagunk on them but it's just so good at gluing together the teams I build. I like dual prio Gunk cause it helps against stuff like Abra (which I have three soft checks for as opposed to a counter or whatever) and Goth. Gunk is also a hard check to Shell Smashers via Dry Skin and Vacuum Wave. Basically I like to win in LC by using Speed abusers + defensive grassmon + shittons of priority so don't ct me pls. Gunk also helps wreck Snubbull, which is a really annoying mon for Bunnelby. It's also another Fighting-type check cause who the fuck doesn't need another one of those, man. LC, man.

-----------------

This has been the most successful team I ever solo built, winning every roomtour I've entered and an LC Open game. It also has beaten a few prominent people and Shrug at least once so it's good I promise.

Here's all the rest of the stuff RMT's have

SHOUTS
Shrug is really cool and he makes long-ass posts about mons but he always tests with me and is just pretty nifty overall, good ladybugger

thecrystalonix is a part of my tour team and he's always been cool and he let me in a **secret room** and y'know, nifty nifty nifty

Jac decided to buy me for LCPL which was cool but also a bad decision on his part so sorry for the shitty record I'll do better next time >_< good manager good LCUU TL and good SU bud

@ all the other Snivies cause we kicked FUCKIN ASS except that last game -_-

mad0ka come back

Omastar42 is another nifty friend, best driver, best LC UUer and is really good at drawing

Mambo cause I always shout him

QuoteCS cause he's TL now and he made me LCUU council so ty and have a good time with the best tier

Fiend for answering all the dumb questions I ask in PS chat

trash [21:59:34] +H&MBerkeley: kk who am i shouting out
[21:59:38] +trash: me
[21:59:42] +trash: then that's it

IMPORTABLE
Kit BoltBody (Bunnelby) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 228 Atk / 132 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Agility

Randy FaceBlow (Gothita) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Slate PunchMeat (Omanyte) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Def / 160 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rocky HugeFist (Pawniard) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break

Beef ButchHack (Pumpkaboo-Super) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Sucker Punch

THANKS NERDS ILYA <3
a
http://toughguy.namegeneratorfun.com/

Last edited:
Hello user: H&MBerkeley! I really like Agilibunny and you've built a really nice team around it. The team's pretty solid right now but it kind of struggles to break past mons like Pumpkaboo that counter Bunnelby. Not to worry though, a few tweaks and you can easily wear them down.

-On Omanyte, try using Ice Beam>HP Grass. Pretty much all opposing hazard leads hate Scald so there's no reason to hit them super-effectively, and you also revenge kill first-turn smashers with Pawniard. Ice Beam is not only coverage for Grass types, but it also pressures defog users with a super-effective attack on them cause they're all Flying-types. Also, the defense on your Oma is useless cause you can bump it into SpA, but if you use Ice Beam bump the IVs back up to 31 and then change the spread to 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe with a Timid Nature.

-Just wanna point out that Gunk Sucker doesn't actually OHKO Goth but it has a highish chance to after SR and Spikes so w/e. I'm going to recommend you use a full physical gunk over your current mixed because not only are Sludge Wave and Vacuum Wave weak as hell (vwave doesnt even ohko pawn after sr and spikes lol). but you also lose valuable Knock Off support to help Bunnelby get KOes. By running Gunk Shot>Sludge Wave and Knock Off>Vwave, you gain power to beat what you want to and also cripple Pumpkaboo. By running all physical attacks you can also speed creep Pumpkaboo!
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Other than that there's not a ton to change, Trick over Tbolt on Goth is an option to beat bulkier stuff but it's not really the greatest cause you have decent ish wallbreakers already. Hope this helped, thanks for the shout-out n_n.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello user: H&MBerkeley! I really like Agilibunny and you've built a really nice team around it. The team's pretty solid right now but it kind of struggles to break past mons like Pumpkaboo that counter Bunnelby. Not to worry though, a few tweaks and you can easily wear them down.

-On Omanyte, try using Ice Beam>HP Grass. Pretty much all opposing hazard leads hate Scald so there's no reason to hit them super-effectively, and you also revenge kill first-turn smashers with Pawniard. Ice Beam is not only coverage for Grass types, but it also pressures defog users with a super-effective attack on them cause they're all Flying-types. Also, the defense on your Oma is useless cause you can bump it into SpA, but if you use Ice Beam bump the IVs back up to 31 and then change the spread to 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe with a Timid Nature.

-Just wanna point out that Gunk Sucker doesn't actually OHKO Goth but it has a highish chance to after SR and Spikes so w/e. I'm going to recommend you use a full physical gunk over your current mixed because not only are Sludge Wave and Vacuum Wave weak as hell (vwave doesnt even ohko pawn after sr and spikes lol). but you also lose valuable Knock Off support to help Bunnelby get KOes. By running Gunk Shot>Sludge Wave and Knock Off>Vwave, you gain power to beat what you want to and also cripple Pumpkaboo. By running all physical attacks you can also speed creep Pumpkaboo!
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Other than that there's not a ton to change, Trick over Tbolt on Goth is an option to beat bulkier stuff but it's not really the greatest cause you have decent ish wallbreakers already. Hope this helped, thanks for the shout-out n_n.
Good user, good rate, I've been using them both and it's 100% fantastic n_n

ty Oma <3

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is a team to say the least. I like it a fuck ton since weird mons, though it has some rather annoying shortcomings in your lack of reliable answers to Fletch and Pawn. This is especially bad since your best counter to both is Pawniard. Because of this I heavily disagree with removing Vacuum Wave on Croagunk, and in turn Gunk Shot over Sludge Wave too. Howver everything else Oma says is good.

Earth Power is also worth looking at on Omanyte, since Ice Beam doesn't score any 2hkoes on any grass types, and those that do get 2hkoed outspeed you. But Ice Beam does hit Fletch and Vullaby I guess, while Earth Power only hits Chinchou and Croagunk.

You can consider Quick Attack and Iron Head on Bunny in the 4th slot as Larvesta should be dead or in range of EQ and Iron Head is more reliable versus Archen, Gastly, and lets it midgame wallbreak. QA gives it some utility midgame as well since that hits kinda hard + Sucker Punch mind games and getting fletch. Really optional.

n_n

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pretty cool team dude, Bunnelby is always fun to watch in action.

As previously stated, Ice Beam>Hidden Power Grass is much better since this allows you to actually hurt things like Fletchling or Vullaby rather than relying on a 30% chance (especially since you aren't running Eviolite for the bulk). Personally, I like to run a really bulky version of Omanyte Spike stack, with Eviolite, 12 Speed, and 116 / 236+ defenses, but yours may be better due to the nature of your team. Your call, I like mine bc its a lot bulkier and more reliable, but it doesn't lure in and beat Diglett (even though that's a pretty situational scenario anyway).

I really really dislike seeing Croagunk without Knock Off. There is absolutely no reason to not have Knock Off, and no reason to have Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch hits about as hard as STAB Vaccuum wave anyway, and Knock Off just provides excellent utility in getting of things like Archen's Berry Juice, or Drilbur's BJ / Eviolite. I can't see any reason not to have it, since 2 Vaccuum Waves do the same damage as Vaccuum Wave+Sucker Punch or soemthing. The only thing that it might not be beneficial for is Gastly, but you have Gothita and Pump anyway, and Gastly will probably sub anyway.

Lastly, I feel that Iron Head will be more useful than Stone Edge. As previously stated, it hits things like Archen and Gastly without any fear of missing, whie also having a neato Flinch chance. That's really it, the team is as solid as it is going to get to be honest. I can see things like a well played Gastly ruining your day but there's not much you can do about that. Also a well played Teddiursa just completely 6-0s you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)