1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Kitsunoh Analysis Workshop

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Beej, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I think you're confused. The entry hazards are for the opponent to take constant damage since Kitsunoh like to force switches and scout. The Wish support I can take out. I'll fix it up a bit again, and then you can decide on whichever. I'll just edit this post.

K, I'm done.

If you still think it's bad, then you can choose Umbreon's if you like.
  2. Plus

Plus real vibes
    is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

What's with your second paragraph here?

Why would we need a Rapid Spinner, now? Kitsunoh resists SR and is immune to Toxic Spikes. Adding that paragraph in there simply for Spikes isn't necessary, as it's a given that most pokemon will be hurt by Spikes. Most notably, a lot of spinners in OU really suck, and I don't see how Kitsunoh will benefit from them that much. I feel in this paragraph you are talking about what most teams benefit from as a whole as opposed to Kitsunoh.

I'd also like to note that Kitsunoh DOES function as a spin blocker, so if you were referring to defending against teams with Kitsunoh, Rapid Spin is still iffy at that point.
  3. Namso

Namso
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I got confused when I writing it. I had to look over some Team Options to get a better idea. I thought I had to write something for the user with Kitsunoh and the opponent facing Kitsunoh. I already fixed that up. I think you missed it.
  4. sbc

sbc

"When this Pokémon uses a move that has 60 base power or less, damage is increased by 50%. STAB and effectiveness modifiers are not counted when deciding whether the ability activates. If a move has variable base power and would have 60 base power or less when used (Avalanche, Hidden Power, Natural Gift, Payback, Pursuit, and Revenge), it is also boosted by 50%."

I may be reading this wrong but doesn't this say otherwise

edit: appararently not...
  5. Beej

Beej
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Bump. What we have here is almost finished, however I'll gladly take any last minute suggestions before we get this checked.
  6. The_Bassoonist

The_Bassoonist

Could you post a version of how it looks right now? Makes it easier for the rest of us...
  7. Veedrock

Veedrock

Dude, it's in the first post -_-

First I want to ask why Frisk is the primary ability on the Scarf set? Frisk works best with Trick, which is secondary, and Scarf reaaaaaally hates Paralysis. (on a formatting note, abilities aren't slashed, are they? I thought it was left blank and discussed in the comments if the decision mattered). Is there a specific reason Jolly is even an option? Sure it gives more speed, but it's really negligible with a Scarf, sacrificing power without cause. I think it should go unspoken and left off.

Standard Scarf Dugtrio is beat by one point, even by Adamant Kitsunoh. May want to work that in there somehow.

"What lead set?" There isn't a specific one that this is referring too.

Is the bold really needed? When "assuming defense drops," you get the same result.

This was mentioned earlier.

I also noticed this grammar error:
    Needs a period after submission.

EDIT2: The original post was editted yesterday. Why would it be editted if not to make changes?
  8. The_Bassoonist

The_Bassoonist

Yes, Veedrock, I'm aware of that. I was asking if he could post a version with the edits that people had suggested since posting the initial analysis. I thought it would be better to base any future comments on that version instead.
  9. Beej

Beej

@ Veedrock - All changes made except for the Dugtrio point. It has 120 Speed and Kitsunoh has 110. It is very possible to run an additional 8 EVs in order to outrun Adamant Scarf Kitsunoh, which is easily the most prevalent. The Scarf Dugtrio set on-site is also built for standard, while I could not imagine someone on CAP letting Scarf Kitsunoh outrun the Dugtrio on their team. Thank you for the assistance.

@ The Bassoonist - The analysis in the OP is always the absolute latest version. If that's not what you meant, I don't understand your question.
  10. The_Bassoonist

The_Bassoonist

Ok, sorry. I forget sometimes about the edit function. all right then. let's have a look...
  11. Beej

Beej

Okay, at this point, I think it's safe to say that this analysis is done and ready to be checked for grammar.
  12. Colloquy

Colloquy

As requested.

This was good, but there were a few things grammatically incorrect:

- U-Turn should be U-turn
    - At Smogon, we use the comma after the second object, like Mike, Dan, and Duncan.
    - Saying a type, like Ghost, without adding the "-type" part is incorrect.
    - Abbreviations are normally bad, like DD or sub instead of Dragon Dance or Substitute.
    - When using OHKO as a verb, do "OHKOes". When using it as a noun, like "Tyranitar gets many OHKOs", don't use the "e".
    - It's Stealth Rock, not Stealth Rocks, always.
  13. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Kitsunoh analysis: Now with 50% more corrections!
  14. Beej

Beej

Thanks, guys. With these edits, the analysis is officially finished!
  15. Zepar

Zepar

Small nitpicks, and the "Strategy Pokedex" said to go here...
  16. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

No, naïve is the correct way to spell it.
  17. Zepar

Zepar

I just checked Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red, it is Naive.
  18. Hohahihehu

Hohahihehu

Pokemon nature correct spelling is Naive.
    Dictionary correct spelling is Naïve.
  19. Zepar

Zepar

20. Hohahihehu

Hohahihehu

In the pokemon descriptions in DPPt it always says Naive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)