Kitsunoh Pre-evo Design Poll 2

Which will be the design for Kit Pre-evo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our design will be picked from the following:

Doran Dragon:

Wyverii:

Who will be the face of this mini CAP?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, Doran's sprite idea is really cool, but the masks just don't make much sense to me in their current position.

Wyverii's sprite has a wispy feel that just complements the Kitsunoh sprite really nicely.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We can all see the poll results, there is no need to announce the vote totals. I usually infract for that but since there are so many posts doing it, I just deleted them all and the next one to announce the score gets a two pointer for trolling. Only post if you have something constructive to say.

Anyway, voted for Wyverii because I feel like her design better represents the Kit line's mythology (adding masks as it ages).

I like Wyverri because it brings out an element of scary that most (maybe all) pokemon prevo's fail to have. It's not a CUTE! pokemon for once, and fits quite well. Doran's I just didn't like because it bears too much resemblance to other pokemon like gastly, etc. But good job to everyone that tried to make a sprite for this! :D

Two votes in it. These are both quality sprites guys! I think think that Wyverii's is a little bit cleaner and I dislike Doran's shading.

Tennisace said:
Anyway, voted for Wyverii because I feel like her design better represents the Kit line's mythology (adding masks as it ages).
I didn't know that (but I guess I wasn't in the forum when it was orginally made), I think it is just another reason to vote Wyverii.

Also, everyone who posted in this thread so far went for Wyverii (I think) but so far DD is in da lead.

Asylum_Rhapsody

Also, everyone who posted in this thread so far went for Wyverii (I think) but so far DD is in da lead.
I'll bite. I voted for DD. I don't know why, but Wyverii's seems... incomplete. It's missing something. It just looks too simple. It's also really predictable, a shadow cat evolving into a bigger shadow cat. I feel like DD's has more imagination. Not to say that Wyverii's isn't good. I do like it. I just don't think it's as good as DD's.

Bull of Heaven

Voted Wyverii, mainly because I feel that it's too much of a stretch to have Doran's evolve straight into a full-grown Kitsunoh. It would be great IMO if there was a middle evolution between them but I just see this as too big a jump. That's all purely subjective of course, and overall they're both great designs.
Edit: I should note that my mental image of Doran's design is considerably smaller than my image of Kitsunoh (even though I did just look up Kit's actual size). Obviously other people picture it differently.

Voted for Doran's, Wyverii's is wonderful, but I just love his design so much more, and it feels more like a pokemon in it's own right.

I thought Doran's was better...

until 10 minutes ago when i realized... Wyverii's sprite is like a cat facing back.

I was like "omg wtf thats awesome."

theyre both good, imo. can we get two sprites??? lol jk

voted for Doran's because I can't see any mask on Wyervii's, and the mask is central to the Kitsnoh line's flavor.

yes, but Taicho, have you heard of the Noh mask? thats where the name is derived from, meaning it has a Noh mask for a face 'know?

Thanks for all the support everyone!

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Completely unrelated: Doran's sprite would've made a fitting middle stage if the smile was just a bit more sinister. Just saying.

Perhaps food for thought for the next design.

I just really don't like Doran's. It just seems like a Kitsunoh with the rest of its body removed, not really appealing as a prevo at all.

Also, Wyverii's is like ten times better when you realize that its back is facing you and its head is turned. It's so creepy and it just works with Kitsunoh's theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)