1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Kitsunoh Pre-evo Design Poll

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by Wyverii, Nov 14, 2011.

?

Kitsunoh's Pre-evolution design

1. Steampowered

3.8%
  2. ToastTyrant13

12.0%
  3. Doran Dragon

30.1%
  4. The Reptile

9.0%
  5. Baka

0.8%
  6. Wyverii

37.6%
  7. pkmn-taicho321

5.3%
  8. Tayla

1.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyverii

Wyverii "What I cannot create, I do not understand."
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

This is a quick poll to determine the design that Kitsunoh's pre-evolution will have. Don't worry too much about the quality or if it's not in sprite form, that will be handled after the poll.

In no particular order.

Steampowered:
    [​IMG]

ToastTyrant13:
    [​IMG]

Doran Dragon:
    [​IMG]

The Reptile:
    [​IMG]

Baka:
    [​IMG]

Wyverii:
    [​IMG]

pkmn-taicho321:
    [​IMG]

Tayla:
    [​IMG]
  2. LouisCyphre

LouisCyphre heralds disaster.

Imma let you finish, but Wyverii's submission is best.

It's menacing and doesn't default to "It's a prevo, so it must have big eyes and stubby limbs" syndrome. It's also a much more subtle pun than Krill's prevo turned out to be. *shudder*
  3. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

...TBH, while pkmn-taicho's was also appealing, Wyverii got it right the first time.

Wyverii managed to make Nohface look haunting but slow. It's the only one that actually looks like a slow, haunting spirit IMO-and while I think Taicho deserves praise as well for the same principle applied to Kit's masks, I just find Wyverii looks the best out of them.
  4. Wyverii

ASB has no bearing on the stats of this 'mon. Don't assume it does or make desisions based on it. Kitsunoh's pre-evo doesn't have stats currently.
  5. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

I still find Wyverii's entry to be high on my totem pole-while I wish I'd voted Taicho's instead now, I certainly don't mind Nohface staying as-is.

(incidentally, I think that this would have been better as a bold-vote instant runoff poll.)
  6. smallvizier

smallvizier

My favourite design was actually The Reptile's original. Barring that, though, I've also picked Wyverii.

I agree that IRV is perfectly suited to art polls - if two designs are similar it means the votes aren't split; and if your favourite is a little wacky and gets knocked out, it means your vote isn't wasted.
  7. SimonSays

SimonSays

Doran holds true to the sterotypical "Metal" was of evolving: meet more of your own species, and link up (See Magnemite and Metagross). And I do remember it being said somewhere that it was a gathering of Nohface joining together becomes Kitsunoh. Just me 2 bits.
  8. shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory

Wyverri.

Being an ASB player, I like this Kitsuhnoh pre-evo the best because...well...it's the one I know from ASB.
  9. My vote definitely goes to Doran Dragon. Something about the other ones feels too obvious. A smaller ghost cat with a metal face turns into a larger ghost cat with a metal face? Meh. Doran's, on the other hand, is dramatic enough to be worth of being called an evolution and is a good design on its own. It doesn't feel like it needs to evolve in order to be complete in its identity as a Pokemon, which is something that even a lot of officially existing pre-evos lack.
  10. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick

I was thinking the reptile's, but then I thought about Kitsunoh's art. It is a "scary" looking pokemon, and the prevo should be as such, not something cute. Also, Wyverri's looks like a miniature form most to me, just without the masks.
  11. Tals

Tals

I also really like Doran Dragon's, noit because the others are poor, but that one stands out to me most.
  12. thelaytonmobile

thelaytonmobile

Ah well.
    So I voted Doran Dragon, since I didn't think the design should be animal-like, but more like a wisp.
    This one seems to be simple enough to keep that, but also have enough features to make it stand out.
    Also, I'm not sure what it is, but the non-masked face just doesn't work for me. I guess I like the mystery of keeping it hidden, or perhaps I don't see it as being pitch-black when the mask is removed.
  13. AlfaTyrogue

AlfaTyrogue

I think none of them are perfect, but I'm gonna have to go with Doran Dragon. It just captures the mystic similar to Kitsunoh which this prevo needs
  14. pkmn-taicho321

pkmn-taicho321

I had the misfortune of looking at Wyverii's poll count right above me and thinking I was winning for a split second.

Good thing I like Wyverii's design.

@Joey Boy: Wyverii is a "she"
  15. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Voted Wyverii because I think he best captures what I think of when I think of a creature called Nohface. That last sentence sounds a little funny to me but oh well, I chose his design because it also is quite original. All the prevos except for his have masks and I like the idea of Nohface gaining the mask during evolution.
  16. Interrobang

Interrobang

Is the name Nohface set in stone? Or will the name depend on the design that wins?
  17. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

I really kinda like the name Nohface. Say in conjunction with my concept, it would really bring out the referance to the Noh mask in the name. It would also work with Wyverii's concept with the pun of nohface having...well...no face.
  18. Wyverii

Poll's closing!

There will be a second poll to determine the winner between the top two. Doran Dragon's sprite and my own will be going through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)