OU Klefki

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

"skill"
QC: aim / ben gay / AM
GP: GatoDelFuego / Winry

Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool, which includes Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens, coupled with Prankster allow it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. Klefki has access to Magnet Rise, which gives it the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates one of its only two weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has subpar stats overall and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########
name: Spikes
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Thunder Wave
move 3: Magnet Rise / Toxic
move 4: Play Rough / Foul Play
ability: Prankster
item: Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Careful / Calm

Moves
========

Spikes quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice to hit Ground- and Electric-types, which are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and it has good neutral coverage overall. Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-Mega Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Full HP investment is used to maximize Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. A Calm nature should be used with Foul Play, as preserving Klefki's Attack stat is not needed with Foul Play. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a Bold nature can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, giving it more opportunities to set up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave or against a paralyzed foe. Magnet Rise should be used versus Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki.

Dual Screens
########
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen
move 3: Fairy Lock
move 4: Foul Play
item: Light Clay
nature: Calm

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used, which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Calm nature helps agaisnt the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread can be used to lessen the damage taken from physical attacks and Psyshock.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly set up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to set up Reflect, and if they have a more specially oriented team, then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and it usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, and Mega Charizard X are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens that Klefki provides. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, takes little from Foul Play and Play Rough, and can use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, status orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, and Reflect. However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its lack of offensive presence. Gliscor gets a notable mention, as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great Defense.

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can break through Klefki with repeated hits, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie, bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ready for QC, usage tips can be fleshed out a bit but for the most part I think I got the important things down. Should dual screens be its own set?

Slash a calm nature on the main set behind careful. If your not using play rough then their isn't any reason to run careful over calm.

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Be sure to write that Klefki is one of the few switch-ins to Mega Gardevoir on offensive teams, an underrated but destructive force in the meta.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
yes and the set should be reflect / light screen / fairy lock / foul play
Be sure to write that Klefki is one of the few switch-ins to Mega Gardevoir on offensive teams, an underrated but destructive force in the meta.
Slash a calm nature on the main set behind careful. If your not using play rough then their isn't any reason to run careful over calm.
Flash Cannon needs a mention for Mega Diancie.
Done n_n

The dual screens set is a bit bare, mainly because its pretty straightforward and I have much more experience with the first set.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've had plenty of experience with this set and i'm sure ben gay has a lot more than me but i'd definitely slash sitrus berry on Klefki. the immediate recovery definitely helps in getting back more spikes and you force switches with twave anyway so yeah. I guess he can add more if he wants to. 1/3

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
I've had plenty of experience with this set and i'm sure ben gay has a lot more than me but i'd definitely slash sitrus berry on Klefki. the immediate recovery definitely helps in getting back more spikes and you force switches with twave anyway so yeah. I guess he can add more if he wants to. 1/3
Thanks! I dont see why not to slash that unless other tell me otherwise.

well sitrus is better to have in the short term, which is nice especially since you are going to switch into offensive threats for the most part. the main reason why i chose sitrus over say lefties is bcs it avoids certain 2hkos with it (fk greninja). some calcs at the top of my head:

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 156-185 (49 - 58.1%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 174-205 (54.7 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 172-204 (54 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 153-181 (48.1 - 56.9%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 162-191 (50.9 - 60%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 146-173 (45.9 - 54.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

mention mega scizor and jirachi as to what foul play hits. you can say that play rough hits mega altaria, ttar, and keldeo, though you can probably narrow it down by saying it has good neutral coverage overall besides mostly steel types. looks good overall, just make sure to expand on the things that you haven't already and be a bit more in-depth about it. 2/3

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
working on the write up now, question for QC - should the main ev spread still be specially defensive now that greninja is banned? I guess it helps with mega gardevoir's hyper voice, but I'm not sure.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I would still keep it specially defensive. You've made a mention of physically defensive anyways so it's fine. Not a whole lot else to say that you haven't mentioned. QC 3/3.

I think you should elaborate on how the Physically Defensive variant is discouraged because it prevents you from safely checking M-Gardevoir which is one of Klefki's biggest niches.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
boltsandbombers

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool coupled with its Prankster ability allows it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. With ORAS, Klefki gained has access to Magnet Rise, (AC) which gives it that gives Klefki the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates one of its only two type weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has sub-par stats overall and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice to hit Ground- and Electric-types that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and has good neutral coverage overall besides Steel-types why 'besides Steel-types?' you say it hits them in the next sentence. Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-mega Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP is used to maximize on Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread is useful to better handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, (comma) giving it more opportunities to get up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, or against a paralyzed opponent. Magnet Rise should be used versus Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but is are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. space Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki.

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is also extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used, which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly racks up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit it them on this set.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Careful nature helps with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread can be used to lessen the damage from Psyshocks and other physical attackers.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly get up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get up Reflect, just an extra space and if they have a more specially oriented attacking team then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Mega Charizard X are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens provided by Klefki. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, (comma) which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and Status moves, takes little from Foul Play or Play Rough, and can otherwise use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, Status Orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt user such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, . However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its lack of offensive pressure. Gliscor gets a notable mention as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great defense.

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can eventually break through Klefki with repeated hits from strong attackers, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie, (AC) bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.

1/2

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
boltsandbombers

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool coupled with its Prankster ability allows it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. With ORAS, Klefki gained has access to Magnet Rise, (AC) which gives it that gives Klefki the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates one of its only two type weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has sub-par stats overall and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice to hit Ground- and Electric-types that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and has good neutral coverage overall besides Steel-types why 'besides Steel-types?' you say it hits them in the next sentence. Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-mega Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP is used to maximize on Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread is useful to better handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, (comma) giving it more opportunities to get up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, or against a paralyzed opponent. Magnet Rise should be used versus Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but is are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. space Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki.

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is also extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used, which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly racks up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit it them on this set.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Careful nature helps with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread can be used to lessen the damage from Psyshocks and other physical attackers.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly get up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get up Reflect, just an extra space and if they have a more specially oriented attacking team then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Mega Charizard X are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens provided by Klefki. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, (comma) which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and Status moves, takes little from Foul Play or Play Rough, and can otherwise use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, Status Orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt user such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, . However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its lack of offensive pressure. Gliscor gets a notable mention as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great defense.

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can eventually break through Klefki with repeated hits from strong attackers, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie, (AC) bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.

1/2
Implemented, tyvm

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AM check complete
Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool coupled combined with Prankster allows allow it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably Most notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. Klefki has (space) access to Magnet Rise, which gives it the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates alleviating one of its only two weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has sub-(RH)par stats overall, (AC) and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes
are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice alternative to hit Ground- and Electric-types that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and has good neutral coverage overall. Alternatively, Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-Mega (capitalize) Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Maximum Full HP investment is used to maximize (avoid repetition) on Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. (Explain why a Calm nature is slashed alongside Careful.) Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread (state what the EVs and nature are) is useful to better can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, giving it more opportunities to get set up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, or against a paralyzed
opponent foe. Magnet Rise should be used versus against Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded
Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki struggles against.

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is
also extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used (I think it's the turn AFTER it is used), which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set. (If they don't merit a slash on the set, I wouldn't mention them here.)

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Careful nature helps with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir.
(You say Careful here but you list Calm.) Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support status moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread (state what the EVs and nature are) can be used to lessen the damage taken from Psyshocks and other physical attacks and Psyshock.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly
get set up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get up Reflect, and if they have a more specially oriented team, (AC) then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Mega Charizard X
are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens provided by that Klefki provides. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and
status (lowercase) moves, takes little from Foul Play or and Play Rough, and can otherwise use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets hits Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, Status Orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt user such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave
, . (Is something missing here?) However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its
lack of low offensive pressure presence. Gliscor gets a notable mention as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great Defense (capitalize).

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can
eventually break through Klefki with repeated hits, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Dianci
, (RC)e, (AC) bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. However, Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
AM check complete
Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool coupled combined with Prankster allows allow it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably Most notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. Klefki has (space) access to Magnet Rise, which gives it the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates alleviating one of its only two weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has sub-(RH)par stats overall, (AC) and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes
are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice alternative to hit Ground- and Electric-types that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and has good neutral coverage overall. Alternatively, Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-Mega (capitalize) Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Maximum Full HP investment is used to maximize (avoid repetition) on Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. (Explain why a Calm nature is slashed alongside Careful.) Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread (state what the EVs and nature are) is useful to better can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, giving it more opportunities to get set up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, or against a paralyzed
opponent foe. Magnet Rise should be used versus against Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded
Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki struggles against.

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is
also extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used (I think it's the turn AFTER it is used), which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set. (If they don't merit a slash on the set, I wouldn't mention them here.)

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Careful nature helps with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir.
(You say Careful here but you list Calm.) Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support status moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread (state what the EVs and nature are) can be used to lessen the damage taken from Psyshocks and other physical attacks and Psyshock.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly
get set up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get up Reflect, and if they have a more specially oriented team, (AC) then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, Mega Charizard X
are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens provided by that Klefki provides. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and
status (lowercase) moves, takes little from Foul Play or and Play Rough, and can otherwise use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets hits Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, Status Orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt user such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave
, . (Is something missing here?) However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its
lack of low offensive pressure presence. Gliscor gets a notable mention as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great Defense (capitalize).

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can
eventually break through Klefki with repeated hits, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Dianci
, (RC)e, (AC) bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. However, Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.
Implemented most, thanks. A bunch of your changes were pretty subjective in terms of wording, try to stray away from that. Also, "Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set. (If they don't merit a slash on the set, I wouldn't mention them here.)" If something has a moves mention but not a slash that is perfectly fine, there is no problem with that.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Implemented most, thanks. A bunch of your changes were pretty subjective in terms of wording, try to stray away from that. Also, "Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set. (If they don't merit a slash on the set, I wouldn't mention them here.)" If something has a moves mention but not a slash that is perfectly fine, there is no problem with that.
Thank you- I'll remember that for the future.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
add corrections remove comments
Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool, (AC) which includes Spikes, (AC) Thunder Wave, (AC) and dual screens, (AC) coupled with Prankster allow it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. Klefki has access to Magnet Rise, which gives it the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates one of its only two weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has subpar stats overall, (RC) and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice to hit Ground- and Electric-types, (AC) which that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and it has good neutral coverage overall. Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-Mega Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Full HP investment is used to maximize Klefki's solid bulk, and a Careful nature and the Special Defense investment allows it to better take hits from the likes of Starmie, Keldeo, Thundurus, Gengar, and Mega Gardevoir. A Calm nature should be used with Foul Play, as preserving Klefki's Attack stat is not needed with Foul Play. Alternatively, a physically defensive EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a Bold nature can be used to handle threats such as Weavile, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Azumarill. Leftovers provide passive recovery, while a Sitrus Berry gives Klefki immediate recovery when it reaches low HP, giving it more opportunities to set up layers of Spikes. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's status moves.

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, (RC) or against a paralyzed foe. Magnet Rise should be used versus Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Klefki is a great team supporter and fairly self-sufficient Pokemon, although there are many offensive Pokemon that appreciate its support. Pokemon whose checks and counters are grounded Pokemon, and are thus worn down by Klefki's Spikes, such as Mega Sharpedo, Mega Gyarados, and Scizor make for good teammates. Pokemon with Defiant such as Thundurus or Bisharp deter the use of Defog to clear Klefki's Spikes, but are not always necessary due to how Klefki puts immense pressure on the two most common Defog users, Latios and Latias. Water-types such as Keldeo and Gyarados are good teammates to handles the Fire-types that trouble Klefki.

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Reflect and Light Screen give Klefki's teammates invaluable support by significantly decreasing the damage from opposing Pokemon's attacks. This support is extremely helpful for setup sweepers that rely on taking an attack and boosting. Fairy Lock prevents both Pokemon in play from switching out in the turn that it is used, which is helpful when Klefki is about be KOed so a teammate can use the opposing Pokemon as setup bait or to just fire off an attack. Foul Play prevents Klefki from being Taunt and setup bait from the likes of Thundurus, Talonflame, Mega Scizor, and Mega Charizard X. Spikes are a great entry hazard that quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, but Klefki struggles to fit them on this set.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Calm nature helps against with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread can be used to lessen the damage taken from physical attacks and Psyshock.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly set up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get set up Reflect, and if they have a more specially oriented team, then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Klefki is fairly self-sufficient, and it usually provides more team support than it needs in return. Setup sweepers such as Scizor, Azumarill, Landorus-T, and Mega Charizard X are excellent teammates that appreciate the screens that Klefki provides. Pokemon with Defiant such as Bisharp and Thundurus deter the use of Defog from the likes of Latios and Latias, which would waste Klefki's efforts by getting rid of the screens.

Other Options
########

Flash Cannon OHKOes Mega Diancie, which bounces back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, takes little from Foul Play and Play Rough, and can use Klefki as setup fodder. Dazzling Gleam targets Mega Sableye, 2HKOing physically defensive variants most of the time. Magic Coat bounces back opposing entry hazards and status moves. Heal Block prevents defensive Pokemon such as Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Chansey from using recovery moves. Switcheroo is an alternate way of disrupting offensive Pokemon by giving them a Choice item, status orb, or crippling their Speed with a Lagging Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, and Reflect. (remove space before period) However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its lack of offensive presence. Gliscor gets a notable mention, (AC) as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great Defense.

**Offensive Pressure**: Offensive Pokemon such as Keldeo, Thundurus, Mega Metagross, Azumarill, and Talonflame can break through Klefki with repeated hits, although most of them are crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Magic Bounce**: Pokemon with Magic Bounce, particularly Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie, bounce back Klefki's Spikes and status moves, can easily take most of Klefki's attacks, and use Klefki as setup fodder. Mega Sableye should be wary of the occasional Dazzling Gleam, while Mega Diancie is OHKOed by the rare Flash Cannon.
2/2

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
add corrections remove comments
Overview
########

Klefki's wide support movepool, (AC) which includes Spikes, (AC) Thunder Wave, (AC) and dual screens, (AC) coupled with Prankster allow it to function as a very effective support Pokemon. Its Steel / Fairy typing gives it numerous resistances and immunities to common attacking types, allowing it to check threats such as Mega Gardevoir, Mega Pinsir, Latios, and Weavile. Klefki's support movepool includes various ways to assist its team, such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, and dual screens. Notably, Prankster Thunder Wave allows Klefki to act as a catch-all stop to most setup sweepers. Klefki has access to Magnet Rise, which gives it the ability to avoid Ground-type attacks for five turns, which alleviates one of its only two weaknesses. Unfortunately, Klefki has subpar stats overall, (RC) and lacks significant offensive presence.

Spikes
########

Moves
========

Spikes quickly rack up damage on grounded Pokemon, and Klefki finds many opportunities to set them up due to its great defensive typing. Thunder Wave cripples offensive Pokemon and halts setup sweepers such as Mega Pinsir and Mega Gyarados. Magnet Rise allows Klefki to avoid Ground-type attacks from Pokemon such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and the Landorus formes. Toxic is an alternate choice to hit Ground- and Electric-types, (AC) which that are immune to Thunder Wave, such as Hippowdon, Thundurus, and Raikou. Play Rough ensures that Klefki is not completely shut down by Taunt, and it has good neutral coverage overall. Foul Play hits Steel-types such as Mega Scizor, Jirachi, Excadrill, and non-Mega Gyarados.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

Klefki should pivot into resisted or immune attacks from Pokemon such as Latios, Weavile, Mega Altaria, and Gengar. Klefki should set up layers of Spikes early on when it forces switches into a Ground- or Electric-type trying to absorb a Thunder Wave, (RC) or against a paralyzed foe. Magnet Rise should be used versus Ground-types such as Mamoswine and Landorus-T to avoid their attacks.

Team Options
========

Dual Screens
########

Moves
========

Set Details
========

Maximum HP investment is important to take hits while setting up screens, and a Calm nature helps against with the likes of Taunt users such as Gengar, Thundurus, and Mega Gardevoir. Light Clay increases the duration of Light Screen and Reflect. Prankster gives priority to all of Klefki's support moves, particularly Light Screen and Reflect. A physically defensive EV spread can be used to lessen the damage taken from physical attacks and Psyshock.

Usage Tips
========

This set works best as a lead for offensive teams to quickly set up Light Screen and Reflect for setup sweepers. If the opponent has a more physically oriented team, then it is more useful to get set up Reflect, and if they have a more specially oriented team, then Light Screen is better. Fairy Lock should be used when Klefki is about to be KOed so a teammate can either set up on or KO the trapped Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Other Options
########

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Thundurus, Mega Gardevoir, and Gengar prevent Klefki from using its support moves such as Spikes, Thunder Wave, Light Screen, and Reflect. (remove space before period) However, the latter two are severely crippled by Thunder Wave.

**Defensive Pokemon**: Defensive Pokemon such as Heatran, Hippowdon, Rotom-W, Gliscor, and Slowbro are major nuisances for Klefki due to its lack of offensive presence. Gliscor gets a notable mention, (AC) as it is not affected by either Thunder Wave or Toxic and shrugs off Foul Play and Play Rough thanks to its great Defense.

2/2
Thanks!

The keys are done :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)