Knights Of Cydonia [Peak #1]

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga

Hello Smogon, my name is Santuga and this is my first RMT I've done in a long time. If you look at my profile, you'll notice that I have a true passion for UU, but I've decided to take a trip elsewhere. After finding a soft spot in my heart for Ubers and getting a really high peak, I opted to go on a journey where I never thought I'd like to go, RarelyUsed. However, I was astonished about how much fun the tier has become, especially after the Nidoqueen ban to UU. I could not believe myself when I was happily battling on Pokemon Showdown! in RU, it just felt like it wasn't me. I must admit that the concept I had about RU was bogus, and I severely recommend this tier to other people because it's competitive when you fight good players and it's a lot of fun due to the variety of valuable Pokemon in the lower tiers.

Since I was not very experienced at the tier, I took a quick look at the usage stats and the RU viability ranking thread and I quickly picked something that I liked and later on began to love: Druddigon. Its sprite is badass and it is one of the most prominent Pokemon in the tier at the moment. After that, I grabbed a sturdy core of Slowking + Tangrowth which I was already familiar with. From that point on, I decided to grab a Pokemon with a lot of raw power and Entei came up very quickly. Not only it packs an absurd power, but it also has decent bulk and it establishes the so famous Fire-Water-Grass core. Since my Pokemon are all grounded, I figured I could use a Rapid Spin user that was not weak to Stealth Rock seeing as I already had Entei on my team. Kabutops seemed like a solid choice all around because it reliably beats the most common Spinblockers while providing my team with priority Aqua Jet. I felt like my team was somewhat complete even without the last member, so I just thought of something that could cover up some threats and I grabbed Sigilyph.

The goal of this team is to hit as hard as possible and wear down the opponent's team bit by bit. Since it does not have that many kinds of entry hazards, I like to apply predictions very racionally and take into account what I might need to sack in certain ocasions. This team does not have U-Turn or Volt Switch, therefore double switch most times is the way to go. Changing between agressive and soft predictions really catches the opponent off guard and that is the key for this team to work. Clicking buttons won't win you games most times.

I'm extremely happy with this team and I managed to reach #1 on the ladder before the server crash in a short period of time with a peak of 2025, much to my surprise. I had a really high peak before losing to Molk in a close game that ended up for his side due to one or two paralysis, but a good game regardless. After that I lost a couple more times, one by hax and one due to a missplay, so I dropped a bit on the ladder. Nevertheless, this team is my pride and joy and the name comes after one of my favourite rock bands, Muse. This team is composed of Pokemon with fighting spirit that are out of this world, hence Knights of Cydonia. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this Rate My team and any feedback will be appreciated!

[a]Druddigon[/a]

Druddigon

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
  • Dragon Claw
  • Earthquake
  • Stealth Rock
  • Sucker Punch

• Why This Pokemon?

Druddigon is most definetly one of the best Pokemon in the tier due to having the ability to fulfill three or more roles in one single slot. It provides the team with Stealth Rock, the only form of entry hazard, it hits hard with STAB Dragon Claw and Earthquake, and it tanks hits from powerhouses like Entei, Sceptile, Magmortar, Manectric, and Lilligant due to its Dragon typing, uncommon among the tier. It is usually the lead Pokemon because it can lay down Stealth Rock and can survive almost any hit while striking back with a lot of power. I prefer Dragon Claw over Outrage because Druddigon is an important glue for the team and I can't afford to lose it if I get an unfortunate three turn Outrage. Earthquake is used to hit Fire-types like Entei super hard and also to beat some entry hazard users, such as Aggron, Qwilfish, and Steelix. Sucker Punch is a nifty move for the last slot to get the jump on faster things. It has won me a lot of games because the opponent does not see it coming, seeing as Fire Punch might be more reliable to manage Steel-types, such as Ferroseed, a bit more easily. One last thing that should be taken into account is Druddigon's ability, Rough Skin. Gambling between the team's sturdy walls and Druddigon to rack up more residual damage dealt by Stealth Rock + Rough Skin might prove to be a key factor throughout the game. However, don't abuse this strategy too often seeing as Druddigon is a valuable asset to the team and it should not be wasted for a mere 12% unless it is to shut down a major threat. 24 Speed EVs to speed creep other Druddigon.​

[a]Slowking[/a]

Slowking

Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 212 HP / 248 SpA / 48 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
  • Surf
  • Psyshock
  • Fire Blast
  • Trick

• Why This Pokemon?

Ever since Nidoqueen was banned from RU, Slowking rose up to earn his spot as #1 in usage, and it is well deserved. Slowking has the potencial to wall a huge portion of the tier and it also packs enough power to wreak havoc on teams that are not prepared when you equip a Choice Specs onto it. Surf is Slowking's most powerful move and Psyshock is used to beat Clefable and Lanturn more easily, as well as possibly beating Calm Mind users one on one. Fire Blast lets me hit Steel-types such as Escavalier and Ferroseed for a clean OHKO as well as Tangrowth. Although a last coverage move would've been nice, Trick is just to good to pass on. On a tier where Eviolite users are common and walls don't pack that much offensive pressure, having Trick on a Pokemon completely turns a match around. With one move, you can cripple the opponent by removing its item, you force it to be locked onto one move and you either force a switch out, racking up more entry hazards damage, or you get a free switch into something else on your team. Its ability Regenerator also stands out as an important asset, making Slowking one of my go-to Pokemon in case of emergency. It also has a very decent synergy with Tangrowth, enabling me to switch in and out as often as I wish between those two knowing that I won't take too much damage in the process while forcing my opponent to switch due to the defensive presence those two Pokemon have. 48 Speed EVs to speed creep other Choice Specs Slowking.​

[a]Entei[/a]

Entei

Item: Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
  • Flare Blitz
  • ExtremeSpeed
  • Stone Edge
  • Sleep Talk

• Why This Pokemon?

Powerhouse is what defines Entei the best. In a tier where Victini, Darmanitan, and Arcanine are unexistent, Entei finds a very good place to shine in RU. Choice Band Flare Blitz decimates about everything that does not resist it, and it still deals insane amounts of damage to Pokemon who resist it. It is easily one of the most powerful if not the most powerful Pokemon in the tier. With access to a very good stat distribution, Entei can switch in often to take some hits despite its weakness to Stealth Rock, but that's what Kabutops if for. Extremespeed is the main form of priority of the team, hitting extremely hard and getting the jump on faster but frail Pokemon, such as Hitmonlee, Cinccino, and Galvantula. Although Stone Edge is standard, I don't use it very often due to its general inferiority to Flare Blitz, but it still works wonders against Moltres and opposing Entei. Despite all of this, Entei still has a nasty trick under its sleeve, Sleep Talk. This is my main way to properly deal with Smeargle leads and Lilligant, as well as possibly absorbing a Sleep Powder from Tangrowth and Spore from Amoonguss. Entei is definetly one of the best Pokemon in the team because of the huge pressure it applies on the opponent, either compelling him to switch out or just because it gets shit done.​

[a]Tangrowth[/a]

Tangrowth

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
  • Giga Drain
  • Hidden Power Fire
  • Leech Seed
  • Sleep Powder

• Why This Pokemon?

When you pair this thing with Slowking, you know you're going to have a good time. Tangrowth is easily one of the best physical walls in the tier and it should be used more often in my opinion. The Slowking + Tangrowth combo is amazingly good due to their combined bulk (Tangrowth takes physical hits, Slowking sponges special hits) and synergy, resulting in only 1 weakness combined, Bug-type. Tangrowth is my main answer to Slowking when it's not running Fire Blast or Ice Beam (most carry Psyshock), Cinccino, Kabutops, Absol, and just about every single Fighting-type. Sleep Powder lets me shut down my opponent's Pokemon in one turn, proceeding to switch accordingly to force the opponent to switch out their party therefore preventing the wake up. Leech Seed provides recovery for the whole team, and it works very well with Regenerator. Hidden Power Fire lets me hit Grass- and Steel-types on the switch-in before being threatened out. I run some Speed EVs to outspeed max Speed Escavalier. I know it may sound wierd, but ever since I found one in the ladder, I had to change it. Tangrowth is the go-to guy on this team: whenever you feel like you need a pivot switch, go into this guy, Regenerator heals any possible mistake you make in the process (unless you take an Ice Beam to the face -.-)​

[a]Kabutops[/a]

Kabutops

Item: Lum Berry
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • Aqua Jet
  • Stone Edge
  • Rapid Spin
  • Swords Dance

• Why This Pokemon?

This team is extremely vulnerable to Spikes and Entei absolutely hates Stealth Rock on the field, so I would be uneasy if I didn't pack a Rapid Spin user. I opted for Kabutops because I wasn't fond of Cryogonal since it would raise my weakness to Stealth Rock, and Kabutops is probably the best Rapid Spinner at the moment anyway. Whenever I use Kabutops I always find it a waste of time not to run a Swords Dance set, so I had to go with it and I slapped Stone Edge and Aqua Jet onto it to use two different type of moves but also to get a secondary priority move which still hits decently hard after a boost. Life Orb severely cripples my Kabutops because it might need to come in a few times to Spin and possibly take one or two hits from an Entei, so I took a different approach and I picked Lum Berry to get the jump on most Spin blockers seeing as most of them run a form of status which gets nullified by Lum Berry on the turn I Swords Dance on their face. However, Kabutops is most times the most expendable member of my team, being used as a possible pivot switch or switch fodder in order to bring something else safely. I've also been considering to use a different ability because it gets really annoying when I get repeatidly hit by physical attacks and getting my Defense lowered while trying to set up, but Rain is almost never present, so I am a bit redundant to make such a change.​

[a]Sigilyph[/a]

Sigilyph

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
  • Psychic
  • Air Slash
  • Roost
  • Heat Wave

• Why This Pokemon?

Honestly, I picked this Pokemon out of nowhere. I felt like I had my team complete but I still lacked one member, so I tried to choose something that could either sweep single handedly or open holes on the opponent's team for the other members. Sigilyph was staring at me while using Cosmic Power, but that set is gay, so I opted for a more offensive approach and decided to run LO 3 Attacks Sigilyph. And it worked, perfectly! Just the fact that I'm running Sigilyph on my team makes my opponent shit their pants because they're expecting the Cosmic Power set, therefore they make it extremely obvious what their primary check to Sigilyph is going to be, unless they want to get swept. Since the opponent is super worried, they make the mistake of bringing the wrong Pokemon against this guy, and they take a LO Psychic to the face and faint. After that, they bring their Steel-type to resist both my STABs, but little do they know they just fell into the trap. Heat Wave Sigilyph is an excellent lure for Ferroseed, Klinklang, and Escavalier thinking they come in unharmed after knowing I don't pack Psycho Shift. Roost provides me with recovery in case I want to switch in again for another round of terror.​

I'd say this team is solid and it has safe switch-ins for most Pokemon in the tier. Even if you mispredict, this team has the advantage of compensating errors due to the defensive synergy it packs and the cores it has, especially Slowking + Tangrowth Regenerator combo. The main offensive crux of the team is Entei, and you should take very good care of it. If you're a player that follow the risk vs reward philosophy, you'll enjoy using this team! This team is built to work simply and without the need to predict agressively, although it requires general prediction in order to make things flow the way they should. Using the team preview is important to know what you're going to be worried about the most and what you MUST keep until that threat is gone, otherwise you'll struggle to keep on fighting. I'd say double switching is probably the most advantageous "playstyle" when using this team, because once you get a free switch, something will get severely crippled, either by taking a massive amount of damage or by getting worn down by residual damage. Every Pokemon has its role and it is important for the player to know what should be used against what, and having general knowledge of the damage percentage helps a lot!

[jump=Druddigon]Druddigon[/jump] | [jump="Slowking"]Slowking[/jump] | [jump=Entei]Entei[/jump] | [jump=Tangrowth]Tangrowth[/jump] | [jump=Kabutops]Kabutops[/jump] | [jump=Sigilyph]Sigilyph[/jump]

Absol - Tangrowth takes every single hit except for CB Megahorn. In that case, switch to Druddigon or Entei. Entei revenge kills with Extremespeed.

Accelgor - Entei smashes this thing, Druddigon can beat it 1v1.

Aerodactyl - Kabutops trolls Lead Aerodactyl, Tangrowth and Slowking can take any hit and win 1v1.

Aggron - Tangrowth can win 1v1, Sigilyph revenge kills non Rock Polish variants, Kabutops can clean it off with Aqua Jet.

Archeops - Tangrowth can take any hit (yes, it can take an Acrobatics) and get it down to defeatist, Kabutops easily puts Archeops under 50% making it easy to deal with, Slowking beats it 1v1.

Bouffalant - Hits extremely hard and Tangrowth can't touch it. Entei can take it out after prior damage and Sigilyph too, but if a good player plays Bouffalant, I'll probably lose at least one Pokemon.

Braviary - Most of them are Choice-locked, so a Regenerator juggle with Slowking to scout for a move and a switch afterwards to Kabutops solves the problem. Braviary is not that common though, and I don't think I've faced more than two.

Carracosta - Tangrowth destroys Carracosta, Slowking can win if it's not previously boosted.

Charizard - Slowking easily beats Charizard 1v1, Druddigon also fares well against it.

Cinccino - Tangrowth is boss against this thing. Druddigon also loves to get Tail Slap'd.

Clefable - You might think I'm crazy to put Clefable in the offensive list, but this thing is a true nightmare. If Entei is down, Calm Mind Clefable single handedly murders my entire team unless I Trick Slowking's Choice Specs early. LO Clefable also hits hard as fuck.

Crawdaunt - Tangrowth sponges any hit barring a +3 Crunch if I recall correctly. Entei can revenge kill with Extremespeed.

Druddigon - Tangrowth can take any hit from Druddigon and put it to sleep or get health back with Leech Seed.

Durant - Durant is fast as fuck and it outspeeds my entire team. Druddigon usually gets off nice damage with Earthquake after living a +1 hit and then puts some more damage in with Sucker Punch. After that, Kabutops or Entei finish the job.

Emboar - Slowking and Druddigon fare well against Emboar, although it hits like a truck. Sigilyph also takes any Fighting-type move as a free switch-in

Entei - Druddigon can live two Flare Blitzes and Earthquake back, and Kabutops is one of the best Entei checks in the tier. Slowking also takes Entei's hits very well and OHKOes back with Surf.

Electivire - Ironically, Electivire can be a bit hard to take down! Druddigon is my primary check to it as it can take an Ice move and OHKO back with Earthquake. Entei can also revenge kill it.

Escavalier - Tangrowth trolls this thing with Hidden Power Fire, alhough it's not reliable. However, Entei and Sigilyph are happy to present Escavalier with a Fire-type move.

Feraligatr - Tangrowth can easily beat Feraligatr 1v1, Slowking can also beat it 1v1 if not packing Crunch. If things get critical, Entei's Extremespeed does a lot of damage.

Fraxure - Tangrowth can put Fraxure to sleep and drain some health while sponging its hits.

Gallade - Sub Bulk Up variants are a problem late game. Otherwise, Tangrowth can take any hit, Entei and Sigilyph outspeed and kill it, Druddigon might beat it 1v1.

Galvantula - 2HKOes my entire team. Nothing enjoys switching in on Galvantula, except Entei on a Bug Buzz or Druddigon on a Thunder. Entei does about 80% with Extremespeed, so if Stealth Rock are up, it's not a big deal. If not, Druddigon might be sacrificed in order to get a chunk off on Galvantula in order to be revenge killed.

Glaceon - Entei outspeeds and OHKOes it, Slowking beats it 1v1 with Psyshock or Fire Blast.

Golurk - Tangrowth eats Golurk, Slowking can live a hit and OHKO.

Hitmonchan - Tangrowth and Slowking can easily win, Sigilyph OHKOes.

Hitmonlee - Tangrowth eats a Hi Jump Kick, Entei and Kabutops revenge kill if needed.

Jynx - Entei murders Jynx, but it can put pressure on me if Slowking and Entei are down.

Kabutops - Tangrowth and Slowking destroy Kabutops.

Kangaskhan - Pretty much every single member can do well against Kangaskhan except Sigilyph which has to watch out for Sucker Punch.

Klinklang - Entei burns the gear down, Druddigon can work around it with Earthquake, Tangrowth can use Hidden Power Fire and Sigilyph can destroy it with Heat Wave.

Lanturn - Tangrowth and Druddigon can take anything but an Ice Beam and Slowking can take an Electric-type move and retaliate with Psyshock. +2 Stone Edge from Kabutops can also clean Lanturn after a bit of prior damage.

Lilligant - Entei is the primary check to this thing, absorbing the sleep and resisting its STAB. Hidden Power Rock is annoying, but in that case, Tangrowth is a decent check. Druddigon can also do lots of damage with Dragon Claw and not take too much damage in return.

Ludicolo - This thing is annoying under the rain because nothing can reliably take a hit, but once rain is gone, Entei and Sigilyph deal with it just fine.

Magmortar - Druddigon is an excellent check, Slowking helps out, Kabutops and Entei revenge kill.

Magneton - Not a huge nuisance, Entei and Druddigon handle it well enough.

Manectric - Once Druddigon is gone, Manectric becomes a threat because nothing enjoys taking a hit from it. It can always be checked with Entei's Extremespeed, but it can switch out at any time and then find an opportunity to switch in safely.

Medicham - Tangrowth and Slowking work together to beat Medicham, scouting for moves and Regenerating health in the process.

Mesprit - SubCM can be annoying. If it doesn't run Ice Beam, Druddigon can prevent it from getting a free Substitute therefore opening a way for Entei to clean up. If it doesn't run Thunderbolt, Specs Slowking should do enough damage to break its Substitute at +2, leaving Mesprit vulnerable to Entei's Flare Blitz.

Moltres - Moltres can definetly be annoying, but the core of Pokemon I have on this team can tank Moltres's hits when predicted correctly, nullifying it for that moment. Stealth Rock is mandatory.

Ninjask - Honestly never faced one, but Entei, Kabutops and Druddigon should be able to deal with it just fine.

Omastar - Slowking needs to be at a good amount of health in order to beat Shell Smash Omastar, otherwise it OHKOes my entire team. However, it needs a turn to set up, so I can weaken it on the turn it sets up and revenge kill with any priority move I pack on my team.

Pinsir - Entei and Sigilyph are faster and if they're Choice Scarf, it's a lot easier to check seeing as Tangrowth takes about half from an X-Scissor, so it's safe to switch it in to scout what move Pinsir locks itself into, Druddigon can beat it 1v1.

Primeape - Tangrowth and Slowking are very good counters to Primeape.

Rhydon - Slowking and Tangrowth can OHKO, although Megahorn hurts. Sigilyph is faster and deals a ton of damage with Psychic, and Kabutops packs Aqua Jet as last resort.

Rotom - Sub variants can be annoying, but Entei + Druddigon should be enough.

Rotom-C - Either they're Choice Scarf, or they get eaten alive by Entei. If they're Choice Scarf, Druddigon is a safe check to Rotom-C.

Rotom-F - Fuck hail, honestly. This thing sweeps my team once my Entei is gone, and even then Entei doesn't enjoy taking a Volt Switch if it comes down to that in case Extremespeed doesn't kill.

Samurott - Special variants are easily blocked by Slowking, physical variants are stopped by Tangrowth and Druddigon.

Sandslash - Tangrowth and Slowking take any single hit and OHKO in return.

Sawsbuck - Druddigon doesn't enjoy taking a Double-Edge, but the recoil is nifty. Tangrowth can also take a hit and retaliate with Hidden Power Fire. Entei's Extremespeed also works wonders.

Sceptile - Druddigon is a perfect check for this thing seeing as Dragon Pulse is becoming less common. Entei also does a pretty good job at checking this thing.

Scolipede - Entei and Druddigon are my main answers, but overall Scolipede doesn't pose much of a threat.

Scyther - Entei can take any hit and OHKO with Flare Blitz, Kabutops fares well against it too, and Tangrowth can take a last resort move if needed.

Sigilyph - Life Orb variants are dealt by Slowking and Druddigon, Cosmic Power Sigilyph will be trolled by Slowking's Trick.

Skuntank - Druddigon can beat it with Earthquake, Entei can take it out with Flare Blitz although the recoil from the move + Aftermath gets annoying real quick.

Spiritomb - Entei does a fine job taking this thing out, Tangrowth can troll non CM variants with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. If I ever need to, Kabutops can avoid a burn due to Lum Berry and hit Spiritomb with a +2 Stone Edge.

Swellow - Kabutops is a fine counter, and Entei's Extremespeed does work against it.

Tauros - Mix Tauros is annoying (Fire Blast for Tangrowth), but Druddigon + Entei take it out with moderate ease.

Typhlosion - Slowking sponges hits like there's no tomorrow and Druddigon helps out.

Uxie - Again, SubCM. Seriously, fuck this guy, it sets up all over my team except Entei. Jesus.

Zangoose - Tangrowth doesn't appreciate taking a hit, but if it comes doen to that, it's fine. Druddigon can rack up more residual damage with Rough Skin + Poison. Entei revenge kills it easily afterwards.

Aggron - Slowking and Druddigon can deal good amounts of damage, although they don't appreciate taking a Head Smash. At all.

Altaria - Kabutops and Entei fare well against ALtaria, Tangrowth lives any hit and drains its HP bit by bit with Leech Seed.

Amoonguss - Entei and Sigilyph are gold against Amoonguss. It is also slower than Tangrowth, so it can go to sleep first provided that Sleep Powder doesn't miss. Slowking's Psyshock can also catch it on the switch-in.

Clefable - Defensively Clefable doesn't pose as much of a threat as it does offensively. Don't have anything specific for it, but I guess Entei takes it down easily enough.

Crustle - Entry hazards can be Spun away with ease by Kabutops, which actually deals with Crustle perfectly. Slowking also does work against it, and so does Tangrowth to a lesser extent.

Cryogonal - Slowking and Entei are my main answers, but Kabutops can always give help with Stone Edge provided it doesn't miss.

Drapion - Druddigon vs Drapion is always one of the coolest match-ups, two fierce Pokemon battling! Aside from that, Entei can take it down easily after a bit of prior damage.

Dusknoir - It is annoying, but not that much of a pain. Tangrowth takes everything, even a Will-O-Wisp if need be. Entei takes down Dusknoir after some passive damage.

Escavalier - Entei and Sigilyph love this thing. Slowking roasts it with Fire Blast on the switch and Tangrowth can do a lot of damage with Hidden Power Fire.

Ferroseed - Look above ----^

Flareon - Slowking and Entei deal with Flareon accordingly, Surf and Stone Edge respectively, Kabutops can also works around it if it still has its Lum Berry, but Flareon would not stay in regardless.

Golbat - Slowking, Kabutops and Sigilyph can troll the bat pretty hard.

Hariyama - Tangrowth annoys the crap out of Hariyama and Slowking murders it with Psyshock. Sigilyph also owns it with LO Psychic.

Lanturn - Druddigon can face it as long as it doesn't get burnt, Slowking deals pretty good damage with Psyshock and Tangrowth can stall it out if it lacks Ice Beam.

Lickilicky - Toxic stalling is annoying and I don't have anything that hits this thing extremely hard barring Entei. After it gets Tricked it becomes a total joke. Kabutops can also eliminate a poison and use +2 Stone Edge to the face.

Mandibuzz - Tricking this thing is the best way to shut it down, otherwise it will spread status all around and things may get nasty.

Mesprit - Defensively doesn't pose much of a threat. Thunder Wave doesn't bother Slowking and Tangrowth which are already slow anyway, so it's no big deal.

Miltank - Sap Sipper is annoying to face because Tangrowth does a very good job walling it. Sap Sipper variants are dealt by Druddigon, Slowking and Entei combined.

Misdreavus - This thing has incredible defenses! Entei is easily my best choice against it seeing as Flare Blitz 2HKOes. Other than that, Trick is the way to go.

Moltres - Entei, Slowking, and Kabutops OHKO Moltres, although only Kabutops "enjoys" getting hit with a Toxic.

Munchlax - The lack of Fighting-type moves is annoying, but Munchlax can't do much against my team. Tangrowth doesn't care much about the possible paralysis and it laughs at Munchlax with Leech Seed and its gigantic physical bulk. Trick trolls Munchlax hard too.

Omastar - Tangrowth OHKOes and Slowking does a very good job against it. Kabutops can always Spin away any entry hazards present on the field, even shrugging off any potencial Poison from Toxic Spikes.

Piloswine - Slowking is my best answer, but Tangrowth also does a fine job even though it's weak to Ice-type moves.

Poliwrath - Tangrowth completely trolls this thing, Slowking murders it with Psyshock, Sigilyph does the same with Psychic.

Quagsire - Sigilyph loves Quagsire due to its ability Magic Guard. It's immune to Toxic and Ground-type moves, leaving only Scald which doesn't do too much damage. Tangrowth can obviously OHKO with Giga Drain.

Qwilfish - Sigilyph can do work, although Thunder Wave sucks hard. Slowking can Psyshock for a 2HKO and Tangrowth can take it on easily if it lacks Pain Split.

Regirock - Tangrowth makes Regirock look like a joke, Slowking murders it with Surf.

Rhydon - Look above -------^

Roselia - Entei is a good Sleep fodder and can kill it with Flare Blitz, Sigilyph can also do tons of damage with its STAB moves, Druddigon scares Roselia off due to its attacking prowess.

Rotom - Defensive Rotom is something I've never faced, but Entei can deal with it even though Thunderbolt hurts a little bit. Slowking can also take it on due to its natural bulk if I ever need to.

Slowking - My own Slowking is the best answer for it, Tricking it therefore making it useless. Tangrowth can take on any variant that runs double STAB. Having Toxic somewhere on my team would help a lot against Slowking, but I don't know where it could fit.

Smeargle - Entei is perfect, and so is Kabutops.

Snover - Entei annihilates this thing, Sigilyph can also burn it down with Heat Wave.

Steelix - Entei does tons and tons of damage, Slowking makes quick work of Steelix and Tangrowth can stall it out. Toxic sucks, but it's not a huge deal.

Tangrowth - Entei is number one couter to this thing with Sleep Talk. Slowking OHKOes with Fire Blast, and Sigilyph beats it very easily with Air Slash.

Uxie - Defensively it doesn't pose much of a threat, although Thunder Wave is extremely annoying on my Entei which is the best thing to take it out fast. Druddigon can also do it with Dragon Claw + Sucker Punch.

Whimsicott - Tangrowth absolutely walls the crap out of Whimsicott and retaliates with Hidden Power Fire.

Shoutouts

WePwn for watching me battle and give me no support whatsoever
ThunderBlunder for not playing RU at all
JaggedShards for being a real man and a powerful user
Kiyo392 for loving me <3

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 HP / 24 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch

Slowking @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 SAtk / 212 HP / 48 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 Def / 244 HP / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Trait: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Hey there Santuga, this is a pretty well built team and congrats on your peak! :]. I looked over your threat list and it seems like generally set up sweepers, particularly ones that resist Extremepspeed and use a Speed boosting move can give your team alot of trouble such as Shell Smash Omastar as well as things that set up and already have a good Speed like Hone Claws Durant. I think you could fix alot of these problems by replacing Sigilyph with either Choice Scarf Rotom-C or Choice Scarf Galvantula. Both of these Pokemon can reliably revenge kill Omastar/Durant (although Rotom-C fails to outspeed Timid Omastar after a Shell Smash) and they both just fix up alot of holes that the rest of the team just isnt fast enough to cover. Galvantula would also ease the weaknesses you have to SubCM Uxie and Mesprit and between it and Entei you should be able to deal with them without too much trouble. This doesn't fix the offensive Clefable weakness though but thankfully offensive Clefable is extremely rare.

Summary of changes

Sigilyph --> Choice Scarf Galvantula
or
Sigilyph --> Choice Scarf Rotom-C

Set(s)
Galvantula (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Volt Switch

Rotom-C @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Hah, that actually seems pretty viable New Breed :] I might try out one of those two because it doesn't hurt me too much synergy wise, thank you!

Hello Santuga really nice team you have. Here is a Sigilyph set that might help with setup sweepers.

The Set:

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Spd / 16 Def
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Psycho Shift
- Psychic
- Whirlwind

With this set you can Phaze out any Setup Sweepers that try to get to setup. You could have just put Dragon Tail on Druddigon ,but sub would have stopped you. So this is the Set I came up with a I really hope it can help with your Setup Sweeper problem.

Hope I Helped =)

Nice team, congrats on the peak! Did you make the image at the top? Because that looks really nice. I agree with New Breed about adding a Scarfer, I'd say Rotom-Mow is the better option of the two.

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
@Scotti the only problem I see is that Sigilyph isn't bulky enough to take hits without Cosmic Power, and if I run it I'd have to either pass on Psycho Shift or Psychic, and both moves are crucial on the set. Thanks for the rate!

@PTJon7 I had help from a friend but yeah, you can say that "I" made it. I also think Rotom-C may fit my team better. Despite having Bug-type STAB, Galvantula is too frail. Thank you for the rate and the compliment on the art :D

I remember running into your team on the ladder, and if I remember correctly, trick room slowking and CB escavalier core can give you some problems. As was suggested before, I agree with the rotom cut change that someone previously mentioned.

Just a few things to tinker a little bit with, you might want to try trick room slowking, and make your tangrowth set into a more offensive one to abuse this, to make a cool trick room offensive core. I don't want to say too much because this is obviously an excellent team.

Congrats on the peak, nice art and luvdisced.

Slowking set to hit regenerator and life orb number also to tank special hits as well as possible.

Slowking @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Surf

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
I remember running into your team on the ladder, and if I remember correctly, trick room slowking and CB escavalier core can give you some problems. As was suggested before, I agree with the rotom cut change that someone previously mentioned.

Just a few things to tinker a little bit with, you might want to try trick room slowking, and make your tangrowth set into a more offensive one to abuse this, to make a cool trick room offensive core. I don't want to say too much because this is obviously an excellent team.

Congrats on the peak, nice art and luvdisced.

Slowking set to hit regenerator and life orb number also to tank special hits as well as possible.

Slowking @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SAtk / 104 SDef
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Surf
As of right now, I am testing out Rotom-C. I feel like if I use TR Slowking I lose the ability to outspeed certain Pokemon with my other members if I am compelled to switch out. Could you try to elaborate your strategy a bit more please? It seems valid and might work, but to what extent will it be useful? thank you for the rate though :)

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I like your team and the presentation of the RMT; congrats! It's also a well-built team that's evident from the peak.

The suggestions are minor as changing the Pokemon you have now would disrupt the nice offensive and defensive synergy you got going on. If you are really scared of Clefable, I suggest Psyshock over Psychic, which can 2HKO even defensive Clefable with a tiny bit of residual damage. Also, Psyshock lets you handle specially bulky Pokemon like Cryogonal and Gallade with much more ease. Obviously, losing Psychic means you lose the reliability of Psychic, but the rest of your team can handle neutral threats like Bouffalant and Rhydon. Also, you SubCM Uxie and Mesprit to an extent trouble you; Psychic-type Pokemon in general are a bit of an annoyance to face like opposing Sigilyphs. To let you handle them easier, I suggest Dark Pulse to replace Air Slash. Dark Pulse also lets you handle Slowking without having to switch in your own, and possibly mispredict with Choice Specs. The loss of Air Slash isn't too bad as the duo of Tangrowth and Druddigon can handle the Dark-types in RU like Crawdaunt, Absol, and Spiritomb.

Now more of a nitpick, but if you find Weak Armor to be more of an annoyance, then Battle Armor is a safer alternative, and with it I think the spread of 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe gives you a bit more leeway in spinning and adds to the 'bulky offense' your team has going on. The downside to this EV spread is that your not as fast and will be outsped by opposing Adamant Kabutops and Gallade, but your team handles them fine.

gl!

you could simply run scarf rotom-n over sigilyph. it outspeeds omastar after a boost, as well as lilligant if that ever needs to come in handy, and doesn't have galvantulas's SR weakness. simple moveset of trick / tbolt / shadow ball / volt switch should do the trick. trick also helps cripple things like clefable. nice team :)

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
I like your team and the presentation of the RMT; congrats! It's also a well-built team that's evident from the peak.

The suggestions are minor as changing the Pokemon you have now would disrupt the nice offensive and defensive synergy you got going on. If you are really scared of Clefable, I suggest Psyshock over Psychic, which can 2HKO even defensive Clefable with a tiny bit of residual damage. Also, Psyshock lets you handle specially bulky Pokemon like Cryogonal and Gallade with much more ease. Obviously, losing Psychic means you lose the reliability of Psychic, but the rest of your team can handle neutral threats like Bouffalant and Rhydon. Also, you SubCM Uxie and Mesprit to an extent trouble you; Psychic-type Pokemon in general are a bit of an annoyance to face like opposing Sigilyphs. To let you handle them easier, I suggest Dark Pulse to replace Air Slash. Dark Pulse also lets you handle Slowking without having to switch in your own, and possibly mispredict with Choice Specs. The loss of Air Slash isn't too bad as the duo of Tangrowth and Druddigon can handle the Dark-types in RU like Crawdaunt, Absol, and Spiritomb.

Now more of a nitpick, but if you find Weak Armor to be more of an annoyance, then Battle Armor is a safer alternative, and with it I think the spread of 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe gives you a bit more leeway in spinning and adds to the 'bulky offense' your team has going on. The downside to this EV spread is that your not as fast and will be outsped by opposing Adamant Kabutops and Gallade, but your team handles them fine.

gl!
I've considered using Psyshock in the beggining and I might give it a try so help me out with Clefable and Gallade. Dark Pulse seems a bit radical, I'll have to think more into it before deciding what to do. As for the EV soread for Kabutops, I'd have to use a faster EV spread to keep outpacing Emboar and Cryogonal, so I think I'll still with 252 Spe EVs.

Thank you very much for the rate though, made me consider a few things :)

Hey Santuaga, cool team ^_^ Been meaning to rate this for a while, but better late than never I suppose. Anywho, this team is pretty much bog standard RU goodstuffs, but of course that's in no way a bad thing, since they are the standards for a reason and all. Either way, I have a couple minor suggestions to think about.

First of all, I would definitely look into the use of Psyshock and Energy Ball over Psychic and Air Slash on Sigilyph. While I don't doubt that your team has the capacity to batter down specially defensive Pokemon on its own in its current state, there really isn't too much reason not facilitate that process a little bit with the use of Psyshock (especially with my other proposed move change), and being able to limit Clefable's / other generalized SpDef Normal's free turns never hurts. Honestly, I myself have never seen the use in Air Slash on LO Sigi, and find Energy Ball to be wholly better. The extra damage output against Water- and Rock-types really helps to keep Pokemon like Omastar and Rhydon at bay (after a bit of prior damage / by using LO +2 Oma can beat SpecsKing, and while Rhydon gets checked by 'Growth it can basically just fire off Megahorns at minimal risk anyway).

Secondly, and this is a little unorthodox, but I'd consider dropping Stone Edge on Entei, only running three attacks. Realistically, your team has enough answers to Fire-types that any given time you would want to predict them it would be more optimal just to double to any of King, Drudd, or 'Tops rather than go for the Stone Edge. By dropping a fourth move Entei can net some much more useful (and accurate x_x) Sleep Talk pulls, and in turn taking a little bit more uncertainty out of the equation (but hey, maybe you're a really lucky dude, idk :P ).

• Psychic ---> Psyshock
  • Air Slash ---> Energy Ball

• Stone Edge ---> None

That said, I hope some of my suggestions were of use to you, good luck in the future =)

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
you could simply run scarf rotom-n over sigilyph. it outspeeds omastar after a boost, as well as lilligant if that ever needs to come in handy, and doesn't have galvantulas's SR weakness. simple moveset of trick / tbolt / shadow ball / volt switch should do the trick. trick also helps cripple things like clefable. nice team :)
I am just unsure as to how Rotom-N would benefit my team more than Rotom-C. Unless Rotom-C does not outspeed Omastar, I think Rotom-N is overall inferior

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Hey Santuaga, cool team ^_^ Been meaning to rate this for a while, but better late than never I suppose. Anywho, this team is pretty much bog standard RU goodstuffs, but of course that's in no way a bad thing, since they are the standards for a reason and all. Either way, I have a couple minor suggestions to think about.

First of all, I would definitely look into the use of Psyshock and Energy Ball over Psychic and Air Slash on Sigilyph. While I don't doubt that your team has the capacity to batter down specially defensive Pokemon on its own in its current state, there really isn't too much reason not facilitate that process a little bit with the use of Psyshock (especially with my other proposed move change), and being able to limit Clefable's / other generalized SpDef Normal's free turns never hurts. Honestly, I myself have never seen the use in Air Slash on LO Sigi, and find Energy Ball to be wholly better. The extra damage output against Water- and Rock-types really helps to keep Pokemon like Omastar and Rhydon at bay (after a bit of prior damage / by using LO +2 Oma can beat SpecsKing, and while Rhydon gets checked by 'Growth it can basically just fire off Megahorns at minimal risk anyway).

Secondly, and this is a little unorthodox, but I'd consider dropping Stone Edge on Entei, only running three attacks. Realistically, your team has enough answers to Fire-types that any given time you would want to predict them it would be more optimal just to double to any of King, Drudd, or 'Tops rather than go for the Stone Edge. By dropping a fourth move Entei can net some much more useful (and accurate x_x) Sleep Talk pulls, and in turn taking a little bit more uncertainty out of the equation (but hey, maybe you're a really lucky dude, idk :p ).

• Psychic ---> Psyshock
  • Air Slash ---> Energy Ball

• Stone Edge ---> None

That said, I hope some of my suggestions were of use to you, good luck in the future =)

Psyshock is definetly something i've been considering to break more essily through Clefable and such. As for Energy Ball, I don't think my team really has a problem with Rhydon and Omastar will always be threatening after a Shell Smash and Energy Ball won't help in that scenario. As for Slowking, I supose it could work, but i wonder to what extent it is more viable for Sigilyph, on this team at least.

Stone Edge is there for Entei and Moltres, really cannot pass on it

Thank you for the rate though, you made me consider lots of things :)

Howdy. This team is pretty good, I'm glad to see someone trying to use the monster that is Tanny-G.

May I suggest Glare over EQ on Druddigon? It would help your team to have your opponent paralyzed.

Hope this helped!
-saxton

TheSpecialOne

formerly Santuga
Howdy. This team is pretty good, I'm glad to see someone trying to use the monster that is Tanny-G.

May I suggest Glare over EQ on Druddigon? It would help your team to have your opponent paralyzed.

Hope this helped!
-saxton

Earthquake is mandatory in Druddigon to beat Entei and Steelix, and common hazard setters such as Rhydon, Aggron etc.

Thank you for the rate :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)