ORAS Ubers Kogarasumaru [Peaked #1]

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Hello people from the smogon community Lacus is back and is bringing you this time an ORAS Ubers RMT. First I wanna say that this team is more like a showcase since in my opinion the team doesn't need any improvements or changes. Back in XY I made a team that was known as the Remastered Team. I wouldn't say it was famous but I would say that it was known. I was using this team all the time back in XY but with ORAS the team wasn't useable anymore. That was really frustrating since I needed to learn a different playstyle, but I guess It was kinda okay because I learned many new things. I made teams like Unlocking the Fiery Gates and many others which I posted on a german forum. After a while I got bored of ORAS. I was searching for a good pokemon to make an awesome team, but that was the time when I found my old XY Team. In this moment I already knew that I would make my XY Team ORAS viable. Well many people wouldn't consider my team ORAS viable but to be honest I don't even give a f**k about their opinion. The old XY Team was offensive support Mega-Kanga/SR Ferrothorn/Defog Support Arc-Water/Banded Ho-Oh/Stalltwo/Ditto. I needed to obviously change things since Primal-Groudon + Ho-Oh would completly shut down this team.

Listen to this while reading this RMT. It's just an awesome OST.

This was my Remastered Team. Brings back memories? Anyways, the time couldn't take the pressure of pure offense and it was clear that I obviously need to change some pokemon to make my defense solid. Arceus-Water couldn't do everything alone. Defog, tanking Ho-Oh, tanking Salamence, tanking Primal Groudon etc. That job was just to massive.

I decided to add a new defoger and customize the moveset from Arceus-Water to Toxic/Judgement/Ice Beam/Recover. There were many good defogers like Latias or Giratina-O but I decided to use Mega-Salamence. With my Mega-Salamence in the team I needed to throw out Mega-Kangaskhan in order to use it. I threw out my priority user and that was quite problematic since it was harder to revenger kill.

Mega-Salamence was cool for 1v1 Primal-Groudon but my biggest problem was still Banded Ho-Oh. This Pokemon was such a threat to the team. Another problem was Primal-Groudon. You could toxic him with Arceus-Water and do min damage with Mega-Salamence but thats it. You just can't touch him. This was the moment when I realized that I needed a better Ho-Oh and Primal-Groudon check. Something that scares Primal-Groudon quick out was Arceus-Ground. Now I needed something that could come in quite often against Banded Ho-Oh. The answer was Mega-Tyranitar.

Kururu (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog
Arceus-Ground is the main core in this team. I named Arceus-Ground Kururu. Kururu is the name from an anime character. Arceus-Ground needs to fulfill the most important job in this team. Checking all the offensive dragons and Primal-Groudon is one of the main job. Defoging is also one of his job to give Ho-Oh a solid switch-in. For the moveset I choosed first of all Judgment. Judgment is the main STAB move which scares out most of the opponents Primal-Groudon. It also does some fair damage to all other pokemon. The second damage move is Ice Beam. Since Arceus-Ground is checking the dragons he obviously need access to a move that hits them super effective. Ice Beam is also the best coverage move for Arceus-Ground. For the third move I choosed defog. Like I said is Arceus-Ground the hazard remover. For the last slot recover was needed. Being at more then 50% HP is something I needed to take care of because a offensive Primal-Groudon would do like 45% damage via precipice blades. For the EVs I decided to give Arceus-Ground 124 Speed EVs. With that Arceus-Ground outspeeds all Speed Base 90 Pokemon. The rest went into the bulk to tank many hits as possible. Toxic is a threat to Arceus-Ground so when you think that the opponent pokemon is going to toxic you switch out immediately because you don't have a cleric on your team.

Freedom (Mewtwo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Psystrike
- Recover

Stalltwo, which I named Freedom, is just a fantastic pokemon even in ORAS. It can't break stall that well like it used to be in XY but stalltwo is still a massive threat against balance and offensive teams. People were telling me that I should use toxic over will-o-wisp but that is complete nonsense. What do you even want to toxic? Primal-Groudon and thats it. For Primal-Groudon I got psystrike and a psystrike would put Primal-Groudon in range of Arceus-Ground judgment. Without Will-O-Wisp you would be pretty much dead against every pokemon that carries the typ steel. Next is Taunt. Taunt is the move which stops defensive threats completly. They can't status you or set up their hazards. Even recovering from damage is impossible. Psystrike is the only way to put active damage on other pokemon. You could use Ice Beam but psystrike is the prefered move because it hits Ho-Oh hard. For the last I choosed recover. With recover you are able to gain your HP back. The EVs are standard and easy explained. You only need so much speed to outspeed all kinds of arceus. The rest went into the bulk. You could say that Mewtwo is a Plan C to extrem killer because you already have two checks on your team. Mewtwo is the prefered switch-in against all kinds of other mewto and all pokemon from type fighting.

Mikoto (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sacred Fire
- Sleep Talk

Ho-Oh, also known as Mikoto, is another stall breaker. Ho-Oh also functions as a sleep fodder for darkrai. Most of the time I let it sleep, click sleep talk and take the opponent pokemon out. You could also switch into Mega-Tyranitar and wall it but Ho-Oh is the prefered one thanks to the massive power. Ho-Oh starts also often as my lead pokemon to burn off focus-sashes. This is good to reduce the opposing hazards to steath rocks. If the opponent doesn't die to a burn I'll switch to Mega-Tyranitar to let them die from the sandstorm. That is helping me to save my sacred fires. For the moves I choosed the dual STAB brave bird + sacred fire. As for the coverage earthquake fits best. Most people tend to switch-in their Arceus-Rock or tyranitar so that is a good way to punish them. Thanks to the ability regenerator you are able to spam brave bird as much as you like. Ho-Oh is a pokemon that forces switch-ins so you most of the time you get a easy prediction. For the EVs I choosed to run max Atk. There was no need at all to use 248 HP/196 Atk/52 SpD/12 Spd because you already got 2 checks against xerneas so why waste damage output and speed?

Kamui (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform
- Transform

Ditto or better known as Kamui is the revenge killer. People say that Ditto is garbage but that is where they are wrong. Ditto is putting a stop sign to offensive teams. They can't set up or they will be punished by their own pokemon. If you play against stall teams you get the feeling that it is a 5v6 match up but that is only so if you can't use the full potential of your ditto. If used right ditto can shut down almost any play style. Like in stall you can try to bounce back will-o-wisp from Mega-Sableye or use the opponents cleric as your own. With Ditto you also win every PP Stall thanks to the infinite PP access via Ditto. For the item I choosed choice scarf. That is the only item whic is viable on ditto. With that you outspeed every pokemon you copied to 100%. For the EVs I used only physical bulk. The only reason why I did that is because of the ditto vs ditto match up. But that is happening like never ever.

Legend (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn deffinitly deserves the name legend. It helped me out so many times and also acted as a game changer. Ferrothorn is the pokemon which is setting up my rocks. Stealth Rocks are needed on every team. A team without rocks is in my eyes not a team. The move Leech Seed is here for gaining HP back while damaging the opponents pokemon a little bit. This is really important because Ferrothorn is the only pokemon which can come in against Primal-Kyogre. Leech Seed functions well in combination with protect. That combination can give you most of the time ~40% back if you count leftovers in. As for the damaging move I decided to use Gyroball over Power Whip. Like if Primal-Kyogre is scald burning you power whip is useless so there was no need to use a move that does almost nothing. The SleepTalk variant is a pain but CM is easy to deal with because of ditto. Ferrothorn is often switched in against E-Killer to do min damage. That min damage is really important because Ditto can't OHKO with extrem speed. You could also do some damage against Xerneas. This helps to kill it with just one moonblast from ditto. The EVs are full special defensive to tank hits from Primal-Kyogre well. 0 Spd IVs are needed to make some more damage with Gyroball.

Justice (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A pokemon which is also a bit underrated. Mega-Tyranitar, aka Justice, functions well as one of the biggest walls in the current meta. Being able to wall Yveltal, Darkrai and Ho-Oh just with one pokemon is something I would deffinitly take advantage on. I needed a status absorber and something that could hit Ho-Oh while tanking his hits. Mega-Tyrantitar also functions as a good trapper. Latias ain't really a threat but if you think that you need to get rid of the opposing defoger und can simply remove it via pursuit. The next damage move is rock tomb. You could also use rock slide for more power but rock tomb works fine aswell. With Rock Tomb you are able to reduce the opponents speed to -1. Thats gives you the opportunity to switch-in with Ho-Oh and do massive damage. The last two moves are rest and sleep talk. That is letting Mega-Tyranitar live longer and recover his health and status. The EVs are all put into physical defense to tank hits from Ho-Oh better. Since the sandstorm is always up Mega-Tyranitar is gaining the 50% special defense boost so extra EVs for special defense ain't needed. The sandstorm is also doing some great passive damage. With status and sandstorm you can damage your opponent quite easy and that is forcing your opponent to recover his health leaving you with a free switch/turn.

Click for Importable

Threatslist
Red=serious problem

Primal-Kyogre
Primal-Kyogre is like the biggest threat to the team. Burning Ferrothorn via Scald creates room for my opponent which could lead to my defeat. A way to defeat it is with banded Ho-Oh. If you think that he is going to rest go out and kill it. You could also go into Stalltwo and 2HKO or 3HKO it.

Primal-Groudon
If it carries Lava Plume it could potentialy be a pain in the ass. A way to deal with it is offensive pressure. Like predict switches and force it out. You could also 2HKO with Ho-Oh since a Lava Plume Primal-Groudon often doesn't carry a rock type move.

Mega-Gengar
Mega-Gengar ain't that much of a threat but it could take something important away from me which could be quite annoying. Every Pokemon on my team has the potential to kill it so always think twice what you are going to do.

Mega-Salamence
You can check it with Arceus-Ground but if that has too much damage its all up to Stalltwo or Ditto. Stalltwo is fragil and Ditto is always a 50/50, since the damage is based on return or frustration. If people are putting so much EVs into HP to survive an Ice Beam from Arceus these people are gods.

Stall
A way to deal with stall is PP stalling but its just a pain and takes so much time to beat it. You could make plays and be kind of aggresive but that Mega-Sableye on every team is just annoying. If you face stall be prepared to sacrifice 30 min in order to beat it.

Last Words
I hope everyone enjoyed reading my RMT. I know its kinda hard to understand things cause sometimes I dunno which words I need to use. Anyways. Feel free to use it. I already posted it on a german forum quite a while ago so If a german person wants to read it in german here it is. Before I forget it. I didn't only peak #1 on PS. I also did it on Pokemon Online. I am Stronger and Lucina., which means that I got #1 and #2. Thats it from me and lets get right into the shoutouts.

Shoutouts
av Kakuna Lord Qwilfish Ice Tea SockeFTW Incarnation-Fate Lord Outrage amber lamps Ghost2Hunt Chill Shadow Just Do It HaxED TFantasyy Bangaran karki tho TCMK Chainy YouGotMeLOL karla Schnikov Slurmz
Now friends who doesn't got a smogon alt:
Draciel, Dana, Stone, Lilligant, La.Melle

Replays
I don't have many replays cause I always forget to save them.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239895860
Versus Full Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239085706
Versus Balanced (Hax tho)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239074414
Versus Semi-Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-238817294
Versus Balanced (never give up)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-239103291
Versus Random Shit (snipped Outrage and got #1 LMAO)

Ladderprints

Last edited:

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Good To See A Player Better Then Outrage Post A Team :P

Anyway, good team fren I like using old stuff and making it new as the saying goes and ur team is able to do that very nicely. Love the replays you attached below entertaining to watch.

Glad To See You Succeed In A Meta as you would say is "Crappy" [:

Okay my first got deleted. seems like i have to write a better comment.

Thank you lacus for this awesome rmt, it looks nice and is near to perfect.

you explain every set so nice, new players should have no problems to understand why you use this.

good work, go on like that (and now go 60:0! )

the end~

I'm not digging the whole "remake" idea since it limits you in pretty severe ways. Nothing against the original team though, it had merit in XY aside from the Yveltal weak and I know Kebabe digged it quite a bit (and stole it to win tour games what a bum).

Anyway the problem comes from having to tread around in circles to check things while retaining some of the old mons. The lack of anti status measures (aside rest ttar) is also troublesome because the team can't break stall fast enough. You basically are obliged to use ground arc to give yourself a defoger and a true check to offensive groudon (which waterceus ofc isn't, and ditto is only a revenge killer which isn't enough for balance). It's still very much prone to support primal groudon using the moves: lava plume or fire blast or overheat. You can't rely on switching in CB ho-oh even if you knew the opposing pdon was stone edge less due to SR and your defoger, well, being disadvantageous vs any pdon with a special fire move. Now if your Ho-oh was LO roost that might help to an extent. I am torn regarding the use of CB ho-oh on this team. On one hand ttar seems good to handle sleep but then again it can't do much back to darkrai unless you always pick rock tomb.

As you use special groudceus, opposing ho-oh are going to be very troublesome as TTar is often 3hkod by LO EQ after SR. And even when your TTar manages to check ho-oh there are still a couple of mons that can really take advantage of the semi free turns ttar will give, such as the mentioned primal groudon but also scald primal kyogre.

Any team with mega sableye will also run circles around your team. There are small details one can look at when improving the match up vs it, especially for ferrothorn, which needs power whip (you also need this for primal kyogre) and some speed creep to pressure it. But I don't think that's enough in this case as msab has no problem throwing out foul plays and wisps.

Another problem comes with the use of stalltwo, a hardly defendable team choice. I don't think it can do much vs any archetype. HO has darkrai/xern, balance has klefki/latios, stall has msab. And most teams have pdon as well. What does this mon exactly do?

I'll summarize the individual mons' problems in a more structured manner.

Groundceus: gives a disproportionate amount of free turns to stuff that you rely on almost half measures to check, such as Ho-oh.
Mewtwo: doesn't do any work vs any good team I can think of. At best it weakens pdons with a weak psystrike.
Ho-oh: CB is almost a necessary evil but compounds weakness to pdon variants with a special fire move as it can't recover.
Ditto: becomes the duct tape to patch up some problems (such as not using pdon and therefore relying on revenge killing vs geoxern). Nothing wrong in general, I just think you could have supported it better/relied on it less.
Ferrothorn: SR mon walled by msab and using a set that gives pogre too much space. Also compounds weakness to ho-oh and pdon with special fire move.
Ttar: it just sits there doing very little. Half measure against ho-oh which should fall in the long run due to giving out more free switch ins to big threats than actually being a threat itself. And ho-oh forces it to rest, making it even more prone to giving out turns.

I think the following can help a bit without totally remaking the team:

SR primal groudon > ttar.
waterceus > groundceus.
spikes and whip on ferro.
ho-oh = keep
ditto = keep
refresh dd mega salamence > mewtwo

-gives you more firepower to break stall before you lose to status spam.
-retains positive match up vs HO
-outsources SR to a mon that beats msab
-better match up vs ho-oh due to faster team with more options to hit it.
-has no true yveltal check.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck!

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.
cool rmt. This team has a few weaknesses that could be a real pain since one of the best teams being used right now has an easy matchup vs your team.

Having ttar as your only hooh check is not a good idea because if its banded which is pretty common it will just str9 out ko it and start dealing massive damage to your team. Also mega sableye walls 3/6 of your team and can just foul play ditto as it switches in making ditto and your rest of your team in trouble because it can't break mega sableye if it plays safely. I can suggest waterceus over groundceus to help with hooh and help with pdon at the same time. Waterceus can also absorb status so its not just ttar. I dont really get stall2 on ur team so you can think about possible substitutes.

Sorry i couldn't do a full but i'm on my phone =(

cool rmt. This team has a few weaknesses that could be a real pain since one of the best teams being used right now has an easy matchup vs your team.

Having ttar as your only hooh check is not a good idea because if its banded which is pretty common it will just str9 out ko it and start dealing massive damage to your team. Also mega sableye walls 3/6 of your team and can just foul play ditto as it switches in making ditto and your rest of your team in trouble because it can't break mega sableye if it plays safely. I can suggest waterceus over groundceus to help with hooh and help with pdon at the same time. Waterceus can also absorb status so its not just ttar. I dont really get stall2 on ur team so you can think about possible substitutes.

Sorry i couldn't do a full but i'm on my phone =(
That's what Hack said in above comment. I agree with Hack as well. But, those changes will change the face of this team. Whatever I wanted to say, Hack already said. :[

Congratulations on your peak Lacus. :]

I definitely like the team. For me, it's rare to see an ubers team that doesn't have PDon, Xerneas, Arceus +3, so seeing something different for a change that does exceptionally well makes me believe that ubers actaully has some variety.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)