1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Korea Competing in VGC 2011?

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Cybertron, Apr 3, 2011.

1. ultimatedra

ultimatedra

QFT^
    If you look at some interviews from past Japanese champions, people like Tsuguyoshi Yamato and his group of 10ish friends call themselves the "Achamo's" aka torchic's and they get together and just playtest everything!

The Japanese are doing something right - they do VERY well every year in both TCG and VGC.
  2. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I think you'll find that most english speaking forums are littered with near identical posts and comments the majority of the time. That's no indication of an entire nation's ability.
  3. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

Yeah. They don't copy a good team and spam it on the Skarmbliss VGC server of PO together.
  4. monkeylemur

monkeylemur

Ah, that's reassuring. I guess I was actually kinda hoping to find some strategies that I can use perhaps :P
  5. SupremeDirt

SupremeDirt

I say bring it on, Korea.

I am totally ready for them at Worlds.
  6. Pokérob

Pokérob

Korea in Worlds this year signals to me there is more in Worlds this year then before. I do reckon Korea will bring something to this metagame in the space of mystery, whether they will be good or not doesn't matter, just having their presence at worlds this year is great to hear.

I do hope this isn't the only country added to Worlds this year, it's a shame that Australia get VGC11 tournaments but no invite to Worlds, isn't this a bit like what Spain got in 2009?

Hoping to see more countries at this year's VGC11 if not then expect Australia in 2012 hopefully.

Woot Korea :D
  7. Shinryu

Shinryu

As a half Korean I also like Regigigas for some odd reason...not that I actually use it in competition, but something about it is so neat (then again, could also be because that's my main TCG deck, but who knows).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)