1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Korean Translation Project

Discussion in 'Translation Projects' started by lordkira, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordkira

lordkira

I am not sure if this is something Smogon is looking for at the moment, but I do believe this will be an interesting project. I am also fluent in Korean so I thought I might be able to help.
  2. Agammemnon

Agammemnon A wild Zubat appears!
    is a Contributor Alumnus

In order to begin a translation project, you must be able to gather enough motivated people.
    I'm not sure about it when I read your post : Are you willing to begin a translation project (korean) or do you just want to join a train if there's ever one ?
    Both options are good anyway, it's just so things are clear.
  3. lordkira

lordkira

I wouldn't mind doing either.
    If there is a more active user willing to take over he project, which has yet to begin, I will of course would not mind at all. I was hoping to see if there were any Korean-fluent users willing to translate with this thread. At this point, I have not gotten any responses but one. If this was not an appropriate thread to be made, I do apologize.
  4. Amarillo

Amarillo
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Posting here to say that I know Korean pretty well and I'm fully supportive of this project.

Anyone else who can speak Korean should either reply to this thread, or talk to lordkira, or me or whatever because we aren't psychic and we don't know which users can speak Korean!
  5. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Posting in support of this, not because I can contribute, but because the number of downloads for RNG Reporter from Korea is more than half that of the US. They're taking the competitive aspect of Pokemon very seriously, so a section that caters to them would be nice.
  6. lordkira

lordkira

I would love to do this but I need A LOT of help.
    Are there anymore that are willing to help?
    Help would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Bloo

Bloo
    is a Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris Smogon Frontier's Pike Queenis a Past WCoP Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Head TD

This hasn't been approved yet, so read this and pay extra attention this part:

So, basically, send me a PM explaining everything you intend on doing for the project and the members that have agreed to help you. Test everyone's ability to write in Korean before saying they're going to help you. If you can not find member's willing to help you prior to sending me a PM you will be allowed to post a recruitment thread to gather people to help you, only if I approve your project. Further instructions will be given to you if your project is approved.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)