RU Kricketune (QC 3/3) (GP 2/2)

=

Overview
########

At first glance, Kricketune appears to be a horrific Pokemon. With terrible defenses, barely any offensive presence, and low Speed that makes it susceptible to Taunt, you aren't to blame if you find Kricketune underwhelming. However, for Kricketune, there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is because Kricketune has access to Sticky Web, a valuable move in the RU metagame due to the abundance of slower Pokemon. Alongside this, with access to the combination of Taunt and Endeavor, Kricketune can force a surprise KO at the beginning of the match. Taunt is also great for Kricketune as it is one of the main reasons to use it over Leavanny, which has Magic Coat in addition to Sticky Web. Kricketune's access to Knock Off also provides good utility, as it makes it a little tricky for opposing Pokemon to switch into Kricketune, as no Pokemon wants to lose its item.

DELELELEWHOOP (Sticky Web)
########
name: Sticky Web
move 1: Sticky Web
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Endeavor
move 4: Knock Off
ability: Technician
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Sticky Web slows down each grounded opponent that switches in, allowing slower Pokemon on your team to outspeed them. Taunt is a good move on Kricketune, as not only does Kricketune outspeed most Defoggers and be able to Taunt them, it forces the opponent to attack Kricketune, and with Kricketune's frail defenses, bring Kricketune all the way to 1 HP, allowing Kricketune to return the favor with Endeavor. Knock Off is used to cripple opposing Pokemon by taking away their items. This also works well with using Taunt on Defoggers as most Defoggers are not fully evolved and rely on their Eviolite.

Set Details
========

A Focus Sash is used for multiple reasons. First, it guarantees that Kricketune can set up Sticky Web. Second, it lets Kricketune bring the opponent down to 1 HP with Endeavor after Kricketune has been hit. 252 Attack EVs simply boost the power of Knock Off, as there is no real reason to invest in bulk when Kricketune usually relies on being frail enough to be taken down to 1 HP. 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Kricketune's Speed, allowing it to outspeed as many Defoggers as possible after they switch into Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune usually likes to set up Sticky Web before anything else, which is why it is usually your first priority. Kricketune is best used as a suicide lead after it sets up Sticky Web and uses Endeavor when it's low on HP to cripple opponents. Taunt is especially important to prevent possible setup sweepers from setting up boosts or entry hazard leads from setting up hazards. Kricketune should try to stay alive during the match, as it can come in later and cripple defensive Pokemon, such as Alomomola, with Endeavor.

Team Options
========

Slower teammates that can outspeed a lot of the tier after Sticky Web such as Hitmonlee, Meleotta, Drapion, Exploud, Clawitzer, Gallade, and Emboar are good teammates. Maximum Speed Druddigon also appreciates the opponent's drop in Speed and can set up Stealth Rock as well. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Banette can help preserve Sticky Web. Spiritomb can spinblock too, as well as check Meleotta, a huge threat. Braviary especially is a good partner as it appreciates the opponents' drop in Speed, and can switch into Defog to gain a free Defiant boost. Pokemon such as Jolteon, Choice Scarf Rotom-C, and Moltres also work as good offensive partners if Sticky Web is removed.

Other Options
########

Kricketune is really not advised to use anything apart from the set listed, as all of its other sets are outclassed by its lead set. However, if need be, Kricketune can run a Swords Dance set with Bug Bite / Knock Off / Sticky Web with Technician as the ability. Toxic can also be used to cripple switch-ins, but Kricketune fails to find the space for it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: If Kricketune is taunted by faster users of Taunt such as Coballion or Qwilfish, it can't make use of its one niche, Sticky Web. Coballion can not only Taunt, but doesn't worry much about Knock Off either, as it gains a Justified boost from it.

**Defog**: Defog users such as Gligar can come in on Kricketune's teammates and get rid of Sticky Web.

**Rapid Spin**: Kricketune is outsped by most Rapid Spinners and is OHKOed by most of them as well. Sandslash can beat most spinblockers as well, and it isn't hurt much by Sticky Web as it usually invests in bulk, which is why it is an even bigger threat for Kricketune.

**Multi-Hit Attacks**: Multi-hit attacks can break through Kricketune's Focus Sash and prevent it from crippling opponents with Endeavor. Cincinno gets a special mention as it also outspeeds Kricketune and stops from using Sticky Web too.

**Xatu**: Xatu has Magic Bounce and stops Kricketune from setting up Sticky Web,; however, it somewhat fears Knock Off.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm just gonna post here and share the set that i use/used for kricketune that made it work out well, i think this should *probably* be the only set onsite but if any QC members think something should be slashed feel free to comment.

########

The two reasons to use Kricketune as a Sticky Web setter over Leavanny are Taunt and Endeavor, and while they might look small at first, they give it a pretty solid niche tbh.

Kricketune's good but not great Speed stat puts it above pretty much every relevant defensive Defog user in the tier (Gligar, Golbat, Skuntank, Togetic), ensuring that it can easily keep its Sticky Web up by simply taunting all four of them before they can remove it. Most of RU's defensive defog users are NFE too (read: if its not skuntank its NFE, shiftry is offensive), letting Kricketune cripple them even further with Knock Off, removing their eviolite and making them that much easier to pressure when Kricketune is down. Aside from simply helping keep Sticky Web up, Kricketune's Taunt also stops lead Omastar from setting up hazards on Delelewhoop, Registeel too.

Endeavor is just there for that last ditch hit/near KO when Kricketune's about to die, it may or may not get this off every game, but it can really come in handy later on in the game to break down a bulky Pokemon such as Alomomola or Registeel, assuming you can keep Kricketune alive that long (i've done it many times before). Endeavor also goes well with Sticky Web's Speed drop

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mention that its good at setting up Sticky Web in overview.

In OO, remove these:
- Kricketune can use a Choice Scarf, but is fairly weak
- Taunt, but Kricketune is too slow to use it
Taunt is already on the main set, and choice scarf kricketune should never be considered lol. Emphasize on the fact that the main set is what makes it viable in RU.

In usage tips, mention how it's used mostly as a suicide lead. Also make sure to point out that Kricketune can be saved for late-game to cripple a wall with Endeavor as molk mentioned, or just use it to cripple whatever the opponent's lead Pokemon is after you set up Sticky Web. Make sure to also mention to use Taunt against possible opposing hazard leads/pokemon, mostly just Omastar and Registeel since those are the only 2 Kricketune can outspeed other than Rhyperior, which just kills it with Rock Blast anyway.

not qc just a few thoughts.

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
Not on QC, but have some experience on Kricketune, albeit small. Counter section is really shaky IMO. If you were to compile everything that can KO Kricketune and put it in a counter / check list, you'd have like 70% of the tier. In counters you should mention things that Kricketune is unable to fulfill its role against (that being getting Sticky Web up), not things that KO / wall it, since it's not even a sweeper, but a aid for other Pokemon to sweep. Empathize Shiftry on the Defog section as well, since it's probably the Defogger with the best match up against it, losing only against variants with X-Scissor which is underwhelming anyways (everything else gets Taunted). Mention faster things that can Taunt it (Cobalion being the only one in my mind as of now), and how everything slower gets taunted back and set up on. There aren't even examples on that part of the section anyways. No mention of Rapid Spin on Checks & Counters makes no sense as well, since Kricketune actually does have some /bad/ matchups VS spinners (in the sense that they aren't forced out by Taunt, take little damage from Knock Off and Kricketune dies without getting Web up in the end). Example:

252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kricketune: 292-346 (98.6 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Spin after, there goes Kricketune. Mention how to get around that (Web then switch to Ghost) or Endeavor to start it 5v5 if your team doesn't need Webs that much anyways (in that case, you shouldn't be using Kricketune probably). Also, only "good" Other Option you have is Toxic, and you even it's not for the right reasoning. X-Scissor should go in OO too for a better match up against Shiftry.

I think that is all, good luck on the analysis!

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mention braviary in team options, it both appreciates the speed decrease on the opponent and punishes defog.

In usage tips mention taunting omastar/drud/Registeel but not Rhyperior cause rock blast.

Add x-scissor to other options for shiftree.

Replace defog in checks and counters with shiftree, as the other defoggers are slower and able to be taunted (though so is shiftree after webs, so idk if this should be in their at all). Maybe say defoggers that are able to defog on krickets teammates instead.

Do this and

Qc approved 1/3

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In team options, mention 252 spe Druddigon as a Pokemon that benfits from Sticky Web and can set up SR.

In Set Details, remove this: "- The ability doesn't matter since neither ability will benefit Kricketune" if the abilities are useless then just put any of them and don't mention them in Set Details, that's how most analyses go about this i think.

In OO, mention Swarm with that X-Scissor mention, or technician bug bite or something.

Also, in Usage Tips, make sure to note that you should Taunt all possible lead hazards Pokemon like Omastar, Bronzong, and Accelgor, and Endeavor when you're at 1 HP or low amount of HP. Also make sure to Taunt Defog users etc. and knock off eviolites.

I'm still shaky about c&c tbh. Pokemon that can kill Kricketune shouldn't be there. Literally everything can kill Kricketune. Just mention fast Taunts, Magic Bounce, and Defog. I would make it look like this:

**Taunt**: Qwilfish, Cobalion, mainly

**Defog**: any defogger. but note that they can't directly defog against kricketune cuz of taunt.

**Xatu**: magic bounce

**Faster Attackers (or Offensive Presence)**: literally anything that has even the slightest offensive presence. Big mention to multiple hit moves, especially Cinccino and Rhyperior.

edit: to make it clear i'm not QC, just a few thoughts n_n

In team options, mention 252 spe Druddigon as a Pokemon that benfits from Sticky Web and can set up SR.

In Set Details, remove this: "- The ability doesn't matter since neither ability will benefit Kricketune" if the abilities are useless then just put any of them and don't mention them in Set Details, that's how most analyses go about this i think.

In OO, mention Swarm with that X-Scissor mention, or technician bug bite or something.

Also, in Usage Tips, make sure to note that you should Taunt all possible lead hazards Pokemon like Omastar, Bronzong, and Accelgor, and Endeavor when you're at 1 HP or low amount of HP. Also make sure to Taunt Defog users etc. and knock off eviolites.

I'm still shaky about c&c tbh. Pokemon that can kill Kricketune shouldn't be there. Literally everything can kill Kricketune. Just mention fast Taunts, Magic Bounce, and Defog. I would make it look like this:

**Taunt**: Qwilfish, Cobalion, mainly

**Defog**: any defogger. but note that they can't directly defog against kricketune cuz of taunt.

**Xatu**: magic bounce

**Faster Attackers (or Offensive Presence)**: literally anything that has even the slightest offensive presence. Big mention to multiple hit moves, especially Cinccino and Rhyperior.

edit: to make it clear i'm not QC, just a few thoughts n_n
you comment on so many analyses that you should literally put it in your sig that you aren't qc holy fuck

Alright, I did all that (fairly quickly). The only thing I didn't add was to Knock Off Eviolites, because most players will probably know when an opposing Pokemon is using an Eviolite and that they probably should knock it off.

aVocado

@ Everstone
- Use Endeavor only at 1 HP.
Not just 1 HP, whenever you're at low amounts of HP.

**Rapid Spin** Kricketune can't outspeed most Rapid Spinners in time to Taunt them, and they can't remove Sticky Web and proceed to OHKO
You can't taunt a spin lol

**Xatu** Xatu has Magic Bounce, and stops Kricketune from setting up Sticky Web.
This is something I forgot (my bad) but make sure to mention it kinda fears knock off.

And I would also like if it that multi-hits section was changed to offensive presence with a big mention to cinccino and rhyperior as they bypass sash with their attacks but that's just me, because literally anything can 2HKO or outright OHKO Kricketune.

sorry for the inconvenience n_n

Not just 1 HP, whenever you're at low amounts of HP.

You can't taunt a spin lol

This is something I forgot (my bad) but make sure to mention it kinda fears knock off.

And I would also like if it that multi-hits section was changed to offensive presence with a big mention to cinccino and rhyperior as they bypass sash with their attacks but that's just me, because literally anything can 2HKO or outright OHKO Kricketune.

sorry for the inconvenience n_n
Ok, I've done that. I didn't rename multi-hits section though because it's kinda true literally anything fucks over kricketune

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Totally forgot this last night -_- Fixing now:

[Overview]

- Note that Knock Off can make it a bit tricky to switch into since having an item removed can hurt virtually any Pokemon's strategy

[Sticky Web]

- I'd also mention Spiritomb as a spinblocker for its ability to switch into Meloetta, which is a p. massive threat rn.
- I'd also add stuff like Jolteon, Scarf Rotom-C, and Moltres that can still deal major damage if Sticky Web is removed in some way.

[Check and Counters]

- When mentioning Cobalion, also note that it has Justified to deter the use of Knock Off
- I'd give a special mention to Sandslash as a spinner. It beats most common Ghost-types rather easily and usually invests in HP over Speed, meaning it isn't hurt as badly by Sticky Web as Lee and Tops are.

Add this stuff and consider this:

QC Approved 2/3

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tbh the ability tab isn't actually needed in this case as both abilities are completely worthless on the set - not to mention that they are both compatible with all the moves on the set if im not mistaken (tell me if i am) as Knock Off and Endeavor are both BW tutor moves.

aVocado

@ Everstone
tbh the ability tab isn't actually needed in this case as both abilities are completely worthless on the set - not to mention that they are both compatible with all the moves on the set if im not mistaken (tell me if i am) as Knock Off and Endeavor are both BW tutor moves.
well you can't have a pokemon without an ability.. kricketune always has Swarm by default, and Technician is its HA.

HA abilities should be compatible with BW tutor moves, unless they were gained in 6th gen.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Be sure to mention in the overview how important taunt is compared to leavanny, it is THE reason kricketune is worth using over the grass bug and taunting defog users such as gligar is pretty damn important, it *really* deserves special mention.

The ability to keep Kricketune alive until later in the game should be mentioned in Usage tips too. If the opponent has a really Sturdy defensive Pokemon that you might have trouble with, Kricketune's Endeavor can really come in handy for breaking them down in my experience, it doesn't always work, but if you can afford to do so it's definitely a pretty good option.

I'd probably remove Kabutops from good teammates, sure its *ok* as a teammate to Kricketune, but there's nothing really exceptional about it as a Sticky Web wallbreaker from my experience. Instead, i might mention Emboar.

I might try to generally expand on things, analysis looks a little skimpy at the moment, but to be fair there's not much to Kricketune really :x

QC Approved 3/3

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
amcheck :)

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

At first glance, Kricketune appears to be a horrific Pokemon. With terrible defenses, barely any offensive presence, and slow a low base Speed that makes it susceptible to Taunt, Kricketune seems you aren't to blame if you find Kricketune underwhelming. However, for Kricketune, there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is because Kricketune has access to Sticky Web, a valuable move in the RU metagame due to the abundance of slower Pokemon. Alongside this, Also, with access to the combination of Taunt and Endeavor, Kricketune can force a surprise KO at the beginning of the match. Taunt is also great for Kricketune as it is one of the main reasons to use it Kricketune over Leavanny, which has Magic Coat in addition to Sticky Web as well. Kricketune's access to Knock Off also provides good utility, as it Knock Off makes it a little tricky for opposing Pokemon to switch into it, as no Pokemon wants to lose its item.

Sticky Web (the two names have to match up) DELELELEWHOOP (Sticky Web)
########

Moves
========

Sticky Web slows down each grounded opponents when they switch in that switches in, allowing slower Pokemon on your team to outspeed them. Taunt is a good move on Kricketune, as not only does can Kricketune outspeed and Taunt most Defoggers before they can clear away Sticky Web and is able to Taunt them, it Taunt also forces the opponent to attack Kricketune, and with Kricketune's frail defenses, brings usually bringing Kricketune all the way to 1 HP, (remove comma) and allowing Kricketune to return the favor with Endeavor. Knock Off is used to cripple opposing Pokemon by taking away their items. This also works well with using Taunt on Defoggers as most Defoggers are not fully evolved and rely on their Eviolites.

Set Details
========

A Focus Sash is used for multiple reasons. First, it guarantees that Kricketune can set up Sticky Web. Second, it lets Kricketune bring the opponent down to 1 HP with Endeavor after Kricketune has been hit to its Focus Sash. 252 Attack EVs simply boost the power of Knock Off, as there is no real reason to invest in bulk when Kricketune usually relies on being frail enough to be taken down to 1 HP. 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Kricketune's Speed, allowing it to outspeed as many Defoggers as possible after having them switch into Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune usually likes to set up Sticky Web before anything else, which is why it is usually so it should be your first priority. Kricketune is best used as a suicide lead after it sets up Sticky Web, using and uses Endeavor when it's low on HP to cripple opponents. Taunt is especially important to prevent possible (what is this in reference to? Pokemon that can run multiple sets?) setup sweepers from setting up or possible hazard leads from setting up hazards. Kricketune should try and to stay alive (so should it be used as a suicide lead, or kept alive?) during the match as Kricketune it can come in later and cripple defensive Pokemon such as Alomomola with Endeavor.

Team Options
========

Slower teammates that can outspeed a lot of the tier after a Sticky Web, (comma) such as Hitmonlee, Meloetta, Drapion, Exploud, Clawitzer, Gallade, and Emboar, (comma) are good teammates. Maximum Speed Druddigon also appreciates the drop in opponents' Speed and can set up Stealth Rock as well. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Banette can preserve Sticky Web. Spiritomb can spinblock as well as check Meloetta, which is currently a huge threat. Braviary especially is a good partner as it appreciates the drop in Speed, (remove comma) and can switch into Defog to gain a free Defiant boost. Pokemon such as Jolteon, Choice Scarf Rotom-C, and Moltres also work as good offensive partners if Sticky Web is removed, as they are fast.

Other Options
########

Kricketune is really not advised to use anything apart from the set listed, which outclasses as all its other sets are outclassed by its lead set. However, if need be, Kricketune can run a Swords Dance set with Bug Bite / Knock Off / Sticky Web with Technician as the ability. Toxic can also be used to cripple switch-ins, but Kricketune fails to find the space for it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: If Kricketune is Taunted by faster Pokemon, users of Taunt such as Coballion or and Qwilfish, it can't make use of its one niche, Sticky Web. Coballion not only can not only Taunt, (remove comma) but also doesn't worry much about Knock Off as it gains a Justified boost from Knock Off. it

**Defog**: (colon) Defog users such as Gligar can come in on Kricketune's teammates and get rid of Sticky Web. (period)

**Rapid Spin**: (colon) Kricketune is outsped and OHKOed by most spinners and is OHKOd by most of them as well. Sandslash can beat most spinblockers as well, and it isn't hurt much by Sticky Web as it usually invests in bulk, which is why it is an even bigger threat for Kricketune than most spinners.

**Multi-hit attacks**: (colon) Multi-hitting attacks break through Kricketune's Focus Sash and stop it from crippling opponents with Endeavor. Cincinno gets a special mention as it also outspeeds and stops Kricketune and is able to prevent it from using Sticky Web too.

**Xatu**: (colon) Xatu has Magic Bounce, and which stops Kricketune from setting up Sticky Web; (semicolon) however, it somewhat fears Knock Off. (period)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mysteria

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

At first glance, Kricketune appears to be a horrific Pokemon. With terrible defenses, barely any offensive presence, and slow low Speed that makes it susceptible to Taunt, you aren't to blame if you find Kricketune underwhelming. However, for Kricketune, there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is because Kricketune has access to Sticky Web, a valuable move in the RU metagame due to the abundance of slower Pokemon. Alongside this, with access to the combination of Taunt and Endeavor, (RC) Kricketune can force a surprise KO at the beginning of the match. Taunt is also great for Kricketune as it is one of the main reasons to use it over Leavanny, which has Magic Coat in addition to Sticky Web as well. Kricketune's access to Knock Off also provides good utility, as it makes it a little tricky for opposing Pokemon to switch into Kricketune it, as no Pokemon wants to lose its item.

########

Moves
========

Sticky Web slows down each grounded opponent that switches in, allowing slower Pokemon on your team to outspeed them. Taunt is a good move on Kricketune, as not only does Kricketune outspeed most Defoggers and is able to Taunt them, it forces the opponent to attack Kricketune, and with Kricketune's frail defenses, brings Kricketune all the way to 1 HP, allowing Kricketune to return the favor with Endeavor. Knock Off is used to cripple opposing Pokemon by taking away their items. This also works well with using Taunt on Defoggers as most Defoggers are not fully evolved and rely on their Eviolite.

Set Details
========

A Focus Sash is used for multiple reasons. First, it guarantees that Kricketune can set up Sticky Web. Second, it lets Kricketune bring the opponent down to 1 HP with Endeavor after Kricketune has been hit to its Focus Sash. 252 Attack EVs simply boost the power of Knock Off, as there is no real reason to invest in bulk when Kricketune usually relies on being frail enough to be taken down to 1 HP. 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Kricketune's Speed, allowing it to outspeed as many Defoggers possible after having them switch into Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune usually likes to set up Sticky Web before anything else, which is why it is usually your first priority. Kricketune is best used as a suicide lead after it sets up Sticky Web and uses Endeavor when it's low on HP to cripple opponents. Taunt is especially important to prevent possible setup sweepers from setting up or possible entry hazard leads from setting up hazards. Kricketune should try and stay alive during the match as Kricketune can come in later and cripple defensive Pokemon such as Alomomola with Endeavor.

Team Options
========

Slower teammates that can outspeed a lot of the tier after a Sticky Web such as Hitmonlee, Meleotta, Drapion, Exploud, Clawitzer, Gallade, and Emboar are good teammates. Maximum Speed Druddigon also appreciates the opponent's drop in Speed and can set up Stealth Rock as well. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Banette can preserve Sticky Web. Spiritomb can spinblock as well as check Meleotta, which is currently a huge threat. Braviary especially is a good partner as it appreciates the drop in Speed, and can switch into Defog to gain a free Defiant boost. Pokemon such as Jolteon, Choice Scarf Rotom-C, and Moltres also work as good offensive partners if Sticky Web is removed.

Other Options
########

Kricketune is really not advised to use anything apart from the set listed, as all its other sets are outclassed by its lead set. However, if need be, Kricketune can run a Swords Dance set with Bug Bite / Knock Off / Sticky Web with Technician as the ability. Toxic can also be used to cripple switch-ins, but Kricketune fails to find the space for it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: If Kricketune is taunted by faster users of Taunt such as Coballion or Qwilfish, it can't make use of its one niche, Sticky Web. Coballion can not only Taunt, but doesn't worry much about Knock Off as it gains a Justified boost from it

**Defog**: (colon) Defog users such as Gligar can come in on Kricketune's teammates and get rid of Sticky Web. (period)

**Rapid Spin**: more colons pls Kricketune is outsped by most spinners and is OHKOed by most of them as well. Sandslash can beat most spinblockers as well, and isn't hurt much by Sticky Web as it usually invests in bulk, which is why it is an even bigger threat for Kricketune.

**Multi-Hit Attacks** Multi-hitting attacks break through Kricketune's Focus Sash and stop it from crippling opponents with Endeavor. Cincinno gets a special mention as it also outspeeds and stops Kricketune from using Sticky Web too.

**Xatu** Xatu has Magic Bounce, (RC) and stops Kricketune from setting up Sticky Web; (SC) however, it somewhat fears Knock Off. (period)

1/2

Last edited:
Swarm > Technician if they skill swap you I guess.

I think you can just remove the ability part correct me if I'm wrong

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Additions
Removals
(Comments)
Overview
########

At first glance, Kricketune appears to be a horrific Pokemon. With terrible defenses, barely any offensive presence, and low Speed that makes it susceptible to Taunt, you aren't to blame if you find Kricketune underwhelming. However, for Kricketune, there is light at the end of the tunnel. This is because Kricketune has access to Sticky Web, a valuable move in the RU metagame due to the abundance of slower Pokemon. Alongside this, with access to the combination of Taunt and Endeavor, (<== comma add) Kricketune can force a surprise KO at the beginning of the match. Taunt is also great for Kricketune as it is one of the main reasons to use it over Leavanny, which has Magic Coat in addition to Sticky Web as well. Kricketune's access to Knock Off also provides good utility, as it makes it a little tricky for opposing Pokemon to switch into Kricketune, as no Pokemon wants to lose its item.

########

Moves
========

Sticky Web slows down each grounded opponent that switches in, allowing slower Pokemon on your team to outspeed them. Taunt is a good move on Kricketune, as not only does Kricketune outspeed most Defoggers and is be able to Taunt them, it forces the opponent to attack Kricketune, and with Kricketune's frail defenses, brings bring Kricketune all the way to 1 HP, allowing Kricketune to return the favor with Endeavor. Knock Off is used to cripple opposing Pokemon by taking away their items. This also works well with using Taunt on Defoggers as most Defoggers are not fully evolved and rely on their Eviolite.

Set Details
========

A Focus Sash is used for multiple reasons. First, it guarantees that Kricketune can set up Sticky Web. Second, it lets Kricketune bring the opponent down to 1 HP with Endeavor after Kricketune has been hit. 252 Attack EVs simply boost the power of Knock Off, as there is no real reason to invest in bulk when Kricketune usually relies on being frail enough to be taken down to 1 HP. 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature maximize Kricketune's Speed, allowing it to outspeed as many Defoggers as possible after having them they switch into Sticky Web.

Usage Tips
========

Kricketune usually likes to set up Sticky Web before anything else, which is why it is usually your first priority. Kricketune is best used as a suicide lead after it sets up Sticky Web and uses Endeavor when it's low on HP to cripple opponents. Taunt is especially important to prevent possible setup sweepers from setting up boosts or possible entry hazard leads from setting up hazards. Kricketune should try and to stay alive during the match, as Kricketune it can come in later and cripple defensive Pokemon, such as Alomomola, with Endeavor.

Team Options
========

Slower teammates that can outspeed a lot of the tier after a Sticky Web such as Hitmonlee, Meleotta, Drapion, Exploud, Clawitzer, Gallade, and Emboar are good teammates. Maximum Speed Druddigon also appreciates the opponent's drop in Speed and can set up Stealth Rock as well. Spinblockers such as Doublade and Banette can help preserve Sticky Web. Spiritomb can spinblock too, as well as check Meleotta, which is currently a huge threat. Braviary especially is a good partner as it appreciates the opponents' drop in Speed, and can switch into Defog to gain a free Defiant boost. Pokemon such as Jolteon, Choice Scarf Rotom-C, and Moltres also work as good offensive partners if Sticky Web is removed.

Other Options
########

Kricketune is really not advised to use anything apart from the set listed, as all of its other sets are outclassed by its lead set. However, if need be, Kricketune can run a Swords Dance set with Bug Bite / Knock Off / Sticky Web with Technician as the ability. Toxic can also be used to cripple switch-ins, but Kricketune fails to find the space for it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Taunt**: If Kricketune is taunted by faster users of Taunt such as Coballion or Qwilfish, it can't make use of its one niche, Sticky Web. Coballion can not only Taunt, but doesn't worry much about Knock Off either, as it gains a Justified boost from it. (<== period add)

**Defog**: Defog users such as Gligar can come in on Kricketune's teammates and get rid of Sticky Web.

**Rapid Spin**: Kricketune is outsped by most spinners Rapid Spinners and is OHKOed by most of them as well. Sandslash can beat most spinblockers as well, and it isn't hurt much by Sticky Web as it usually invests in bulk, which is why it is an even bigger threat for Kricketune.

**Multi-Hit Attacks**: Multi-hi Multi-hit attacks can break through Kricketune's Focus Sash and stop prevent it from crippling opponents with Endeavor. Cincinno gets a special mention as it also outspeeds and stops Kricketune and stops from using Sticky Web too.

**Xatu**: Xatu has Magic Bounce and stops Kricketune from setting up Sticky Web,; however, it somewhat fears Knock Off.

GP approved 1/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)