Kyogre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes an old set:

WRECK EVERYTHING AS POSSIBLE IN 5 TURNS (Choice Specs)

Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe
Moves:
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

The wallbreaker. It is back. For more. I couldn't think of a better name, but I considered the fact that Water Spout has a mediocre 5 PP (no PP Up) and that Drizzle now always lasts 5 turns.

Anyways, Water Spout and Thunder are fairly obvious since they're incredible in the rain. Surf can be used over Water Spout after Kyogre gets weakened and Ice Beam destroys Shaymin-S and heavily dents Arceus-Grass (the latter may force Kyogre with a Grass-type Judgment, however).

CALCS (after Kyogre is hit by Stealth Rock in the switch, meaning 131 BP):

• 248/252 (Careful) Giratina: 36.97% - 43.53%
  • 0/0 Palkia: 38.94% - 45.79%
  • 4/252 (Calm) Chansey: 42.52% - 50.16% (Possible 2HKO)
  • 252/224 (Calm) Tentacruel: 52.2% - 61.5% (Possible 2HKO)
  • 252/252 (Sassy) Ferrothorn: 53.98% - 63.64% (guaranteed 2HKO)
  • 252/4 Arceus-Grass: 56.08% - 66.22% (guaranteed 2HKO)
  • 104/0 Zekrom: 79.84% - 94.01% (Possible OHKO after Stealth Rock)
  • 252/80 Lugia: 91.59%+ (OHKO after Stealth Rock)
Chansey has a guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock if it is running a Bold nature, while Arceus that doesn't resist Water Spout gets OHKOd. Tentacruel running Protect and Rain Dish survives the 2HKO, however.

Due to my Kyogre being Timid, I'm not sure if it can still be used with Choice Specs and a different EV spread.
To be honest, why do we need 252 HP. Sure it gives Kyogre lots of bulk but what is it used for exactly? I would prefer to max the speed even on Modest to at least tie with other base 90s. That way you are more guaranteed to hit first and kill stuff.

alright, seeing as how there is discussion on primal groudon, ima bump this thread so we can discuss primal kyogre. All I can say is: I hope you like rain because if this does not take away your mega slot and/or provide some limitation to using it, this thing will be everywhere and on EVERY team (not that it wasn't already).

I'm not really sure what there is to discuss for Primal Kyogre. No type change and we don't know the details of its stats, ability, or it's new signature attack.

I'm not really sure what there is to discuss for Primal Kyogre. No type change and we don't know the details of its stats, ability, or it's new signature attack.
Well we can assume a few things.

Gamefreak already said this is a different type of evolution, meaning that this WILL NOT take up your mega slot. Assuming Kyogre's Primal ability is just a buffed Drizzle (perma-rain maybe?) A pairing of Primal Kyogre + Mega Swampert could just destroy everything

Gamefreak already said this is a different type of evolution, meaning that this WILL NOT take up your mega slot. Assuming Kyogre's Primal ability is just a buffed Drizzle (perma-rain maybe?) A pairing of Primal Kyogre + Mega Swampert could just destroy everything
Where did they say that? They called it Ancient Devolution which is just a fancy name. Plus, their HP bars show a symbol similar to the mega stone symbol, implying that it's a similar thing. We can't assume too much.

PKMS combo?

Pretty sure that Primal Ogre is getting a buffed Drizzle since in the video it is raining and GF has stated that Kyogre is getting a buffed ability. It's probs either a longer Drizzle, Rain with another effect, or perma rain (prepare your Omastars).

Its also decently safe to assume that Primal Ogre does not take your Mega Slot since it is not a Mega Evolution (duh). It's harder to tell if it will get to hold an item, I hope so.

Other than that there is not much to say, it appears to have Water Spout (also duh).
Which makes me theorize (sorry if I'm going there): Will Eruption and Water Spout be the moves that change as they Devolve?

Pretty sure that Primal Ogre is getting a buffed Drizzle since in the video it is raining and GF has stated that Kyogre is getting a buffed ability. It's probs either a longer Drizzle, Rain with another effect, or perma rain (prepare your Omastars).

Its also decently safe to assume that Primal Ogre does not take your Mega Slot since it is not a Mega Evolution (duh). It's harder to tell if it will get to hold an item, I hope so.

Other than that there is not much to say, it appears to have Water Spout (also duh).
if primal kyogre gets to hold an item, then we may see the first ever ban from ubers. Considering how primal kyogre gets a "significant" increase to its special attack, at a minimum of 20 points added, kyogre now sits at a much nicer base 170 sp atk. This is on par with kyurem-w, except kyogre's specs set hits much harder and kyurem w pretty much 2HKO'd everything with 2 dracos anyways

I think we're speculating wayyy too much here.

All we really now is that it gets a special attack boost and a new ability (though likely something to do with Drizzle).

And like Minority Suspect said, there's no way Kyogre--or any Pokemon--is getting banned from Ubers. Even if it had 99% usage or something ridiculous like that.

I think we're speculating wayyy too much here.

All we really now is that it gets a special attack boost and a new ability (though likely something to do with Drizzle).

And like Minority Suspect said, there's no way Kyogre--or any Pokemon--is getting banned from Ubers. Even if it had 99% usage or something ridiculous like that.
meh, it may just be me. I've always been more of a groudon fan anyways. I'm just wondering about the primals. I very much have a feeling that primal kyogre+ mega swampert will make a terrifying offensive core. I feel it would only be broken if it could hold an item. Otherwise, it would be fine.

Primal Devolution seems like it's just super mega evolution. The two are already stated to have a connection and you can see modified mega-evolution symbols by their names in the screenshots.

Don't get your hopes up for being able to use primal devolution AND a mega on the same team.

meh, it may just be me. I've always been more of a groudon fan anyways. I'm just wondering about the primals. I very much have a feeling that primal kyogre+ mega swampert will make a terrifying offensive core. I feel it would only be broken if it could hold an item. Otherwise, it would be fine.
But imagine this: what if Kyogre, upon primal devolution, gained the ability swift swim? Then it could swift swim in its own rain. O.o

Anywho, this thread seems a little pointless, since it's all speculation. Fun, but pointless. Should be interesting to see how this develops when we get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)