XY OU Kyurem-B based team. 1750 peaked.

Hi! I'm still working at my purprose of making a team where kyurem black can shine, I made some teams that can be found here:

-: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-kyurem-b-ou-team-1650.3514381/#post-5654741
-: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/offensive-1700-ladder-kyurem-b-based.3513094/#post-5626263 (I really love this one, but aegislash gets the ban, so...)

Now I peaked 1750:

WP_20140825_13_10_50_Smart.jpg

The first idea was to make a team around Kyurem-Black, the most underrated monster in OU. My initial idea was to pair him with SW (Sticky web) smeargle lead, that way I can deal with Kyurem mediocre speed. The next idea was to add a third pokemon to the team who can use the SW hazard, that' how I add Landorus-I.
Then ZardX comes to the ecuation. Latios and chansey as support teammates. There was a problem with this team. It absolute sucks.
So I started again with a change seeing all switch'ins Kyurem was able to do. The famous Sub-Kyurem.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

This is the meaning of OverPowered, let this thing hide behind a substitute and it will blow away at least two members of your team 90% of times. The ev's spread is for seismic toss not breaking your sub. Ice beam is the principal stab move, earth power for coverage and fusion bolt is there for mixing and for giving it's 170 monstruous attack base stat a meaning. I really don't understund why people is not using this monster. Oh, I forgot, it cripples stall. Then I added the hazard setter and T-wave Kyurem's support:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 128 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

He sometimes lead, but not too often. Too many matches I start with advantage because I lead with the counter to Ferrothorn's counter. The set isn't common, but I just want utility moves. Thunder wave helps supporting my team and Gyro ball hits hard with -Spd nature. SR because it fits so good my team. Leftovers over rocky helmet because I want Ferrothorn tanking at least two attacks. Kyurem needs another support teammate, defog support, more specifically. I use to used Mandibuzz, but I realise that I need more offensive pressence, revenge killing and a way to destroy chansey in the switch, so I added:

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

This set is all I want. Deffog support, revenge killing and a way to erase Chansey. I try not to use trick if I see some Charizard in the opposing team, just let it DD one time and then OHKO it. I always try him to survive as much as possible because of defog. But if defog is needed no more I use Latios reciving hits for not losing momentum. So now that I have SR and defog support I thought about pokemon that can abuse both support moves, the first one was an original member of my frustating first team, and the mvp of the new one:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Zard X comes into play when I see it can sweep the whole opposing team or when I need his strenght or when I'm desperated. Just with +1 he can devastate teams. I choose earthquake because it deals with heatran, an usual check to zard x. Flare blitz hits so hard... I love it. Be sure of removing certain pokes after you try the sweep. The most usual are prankster thundurus because of T-wave and Landorus-Therian because of Intimidate. The second pokemon that I thought about for abusing defog and SR support was BandedFlame:

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

That moment when you are in trouble? Just press brave bird. Not the most skill intensive pokemon to play with I suppose xD. But giving the correct situation it can ends weakned pokes late game and full health pokes too. Late game cleaner, mid game breaking wholes in the opposing team... In the last slot I choose tailwind as a suicide option, so maybe kyurem, or another pokemon can sweep late game. So, the most difficult choice comes now, the last fixer of your team and work. I always used Magic Guard, CM clefable, because of my dragon weakness. But in the end I was no sure enough of him, even with status absorb. So again I added an old member of my first team, a more offensive option:

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Landorus deals with my faerie weakness in the way of sludge wave. Synergizes well with ferrothorn because ferro take all those draco's meteors and thundurus HP ice. He can be a sweeper and a wall breaker. Not much to say, it kill some stuff, one of the best pokes in the current metagame.

Importable:

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 128 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

A fast replay (I forgot about saving some more, so I came from playing one match to show you hehe):

-: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-156412229

Hope you all enjoy the team. I'm still laddering up, with so much hopes puts in this team. If any of you have some suggets feel free to let me know!!

Attachments

Last edited:
I'd run Knock Off over Sludge Wave on that Landorus-I set. It can really hit things hard on the switch (Latios, Latias, Gengar etc) while getting rid of their item. 252 Spe / 252 Spatk / 4 Atk Naive Nature.
For Latios, run 29 IVs in HP with 4 EVs on Special Defense. It'll allow you to take less from Stealth rock, and if you trick leftovers, you get the magic number for lefties recovery. Same for everything else, make sure they have an odd amount of HP.
4 Atk isn't needed for Ferro tbh. If anything, just run it into Special Defense to have a little bit more special bulk.
I'd also run the bulky DD set for Charizard X. Will-o-Wisp, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Flare Blitz. It can assist your team with various threats like Azumarill. 252 Atk / 136 SpD / 120 HP Adamant Nature or 244 Spe / 136 Atk / 128 HP Jolly Nature for an EV spread.
For the nature on that Kyurem-Black set, I'd try Hasty or Naive. You can boost your speed higher, so you can outspeed some other things easier.

Amazing team, plimplam ! I enjoyed rating it and giving it suggestions, and best of luck on your laddering. :]

Solid team , I guess. I don't have the time to give a better rate, since I'm on my phone, but I would change a few things:
Landorus:

give it Knock Off(Naive Nature) or Calm Mind over Psychic. You run Psychic mostly for M-Venu, I suppose, but you already have Latios and Talon to rkill or counter it.

Ferro:

T-wave and Gyro ball on the same set don't benefit you much, but I guess it can be useful to cripple Setuppers (even though you have scarfed Lati & Talonflame for Rkills...) But thats not really a must.

Zard:

DD Zard Splits can be more bulky since you don't need max. speed. Look above for some spreads...

Regarding Team Synergy, you have 2 ( one 4x) Ice weaknesses and no resistance. Also, if you run 2 Mons 4x Weak to Stealth rock on the same team, you might want to use a more reliable Defogger/Spinner than a scarfed Lati.

Also DD Dragons like Dnite w/ fire punch & ESpeed or Zard X tear your team apart, if you don't have Scarfed Lati in the back. you might want to see if you can find a defensive mon that forms a solid core w/ ferro to overcome your common weaknesses.

That's it for now, I'll come back with a more detailed rate later today :J

Dont listen to these guys about your landorus set. Leave psychic and sludge wave on it. Psychic is Landorus's most spammable move. Landorus-I often gets matched up against Landorus-T and if you get rid of Psychic you have nothing to hit it with. Sludge Wave is excellent against Clefable and Megardevoir.

One suggestion I would give is to replace t-wave on Ferrothorn for protect. This way you can scout against common choiced mons that normally get matched up against Ferrothorn like specs Keldeo, and you can also use it to troll Megacham.

I would also change the EV spread on ZardX to the standard bulky set 144HP/252ATK/112SP

Hey there, nice team you have here, however I'm seeing some problems against mega Pinsir, mega Tyranitar and entry hazards themeselves.
You really don't have a solid response against them, especially mega Tyranitar, who can easily set up against Latios, Kyurem-black or Charizard if at +0, and then proceed to destroy your team.
While Talonflame stops Pinsir, a +2 feint with Stealth Rocks support can ohko Talonflame, your primal response against him, and then he can easily destroy your team.
You also happen to have a total of three members weak to Stealth Rocks, two of them will take half health when entering in the field, your defogger is scarfed, that's not a good prospective, the chance that he might defog are quite low, and even if he do that, he might be setup fodder after that.
First of, I would suggest you to try Landorus-therian over your current Landorus, Landorus is not really that good of a "fairy killer", since Azumarill will always win the one on one confrontation, while Clefable is not really that dangerous for you, but I'll get to that later.
With Landorus-therian you get a new stealth rocker and an intimidate user which can be useful against the likes of Tyranitar, Excadrill, Pinsir, opposing Charizard-x and so on.
Then I would change Latios set to the common Orber, but with Memento here, this way you can guarantee an easier setup with Charizard or Kyurem, depending on the occasion.
Now, since your team lost its revengekiller I would suggest you to change Talonflame with scarf Heatran, Heatran does almost the same revengekilling that Talonflame does, but he's not that weak against hazards, and has a nifty steel type to back it up, not only that, but Clefable is also useless against him, thanks to Flash cannon.
To conclude, I would also consider scarf Terrakion over your Ferrothorn, this way you get extra insurance against Pinsir, Tyranitar, Charizard-x, Gyarados and so on.

Sets:
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide

Heatran (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hope this helped, good luck!

Dont listen to these guys about your landorus set. Leave psychic and sludge wave on it. Psychic is Landorus's most spammable move. Landorus-I often gets matched up against Landorus-T and if you get rid of Psychic you have nothing to hit it with. Sludge Wave is excellent against Clefable and Megardevoir.

One suggestion I would give is to replace t-wave on Ferrothorn for protect. This way you can scout against common choiced mons that normally get matched up against Ferrothorn like specs Keldeo, and you can also use it to troll Megacham.

I would also change the EV spread on ZardX to the standard bulky set 144HP/252ATK/112SP
"Psychic is Landorus's most spammable move" - no, that would be Earth Power. Besides that, all the other moves are fillers and coverage moves, they don't do any specific good to LANDORUS.
Besides from the huge benefit of getting rid of your opponents' item, it helps against stall (Chansey & Lefties)

Earth Power is the most important move, let's see if it really makes a difference, if you choose Psychic> Knock Off.

Earth Power hits about 40 Pokémon of the OverUsed tier. (don't correct me if I'm wrong, its just argumentation)
It hits about 10 Mons for super effective damage.
Now 40 Mons- thats good enough to consider Epower a good Move to spam for Lando,right? Yes. Psychic is not needed to have a special move to spam, as Epower hits the majority of the tier for neutral Damage and has STAB on top of it.

Sludge Wave also hits about 30 to 40 Mons (9 Mons resist it, 8 are immune to it)-
this means, STAB EPower and Sludge Wave cover up alot of the OU Tier, so its basiclly up to which filler move is better and benefits the team more:

Psychic - Another Special Coverage Move, that doesn't hit many additional mons, that you don't hit already w/ Sludge Wave & EPower.
or Knock Off, argueably the best move in Gen6 which also helps against Stall and Annoyers, as well as common switch ins like Lati@s.

This decision is up to what the team needs most, because Lando basiclly already has, what it needs: strong moves with good coverage to spam.
Does the team need a psychic move to threaten certain Pokémon? Probably yes, that's why the team runs a Latios WITH Psyshock!
With Latios in the back to take care of specific Mons, Lando is good to go without Psychic.

oh and also, if he really is confronted w/ Lando vs Lando- he can switch into Lati, take 20% from Psychic and Rkill it. Lando is not his only Team member, it does not have to win against every mon, he should choose what benefits his team, in this case, I (!) would suggest running Knock Off, but saying Psychic is BETTER than Knock off is simply wrong.

Thank you very much, I made all the evs changes you suggest me but Charizard's, I have to see what it can outspeed with that spread.
About landorus: I love to have him with knock off, and also with all 4 moves xD. But thinking about it I'm with quaggster, thought I will remove Psychic, It just hits landorus.
Later on I'll be back the answer all other questions here!!
Lot of thanks all of you!!

I'd just go Psychic, Earth Power, Knock Off, Focus Blast. -- Focus Blast hits Ferro, Psychic hits Keldeo on some weird switch-in, E Power is STAB and Knock Off hits Latias & Latios on the switch.

Protect isn't even for Keldeo and Medicham iirc. It is used for better HP recovery with leech seed + lefties. Ferrothorn isn't your everyday scouter, it is usually a lead or wall.

If it takes off Sludge Wave, he has nothing for that glaring fairy weakness.
Landorus @2hkoe's fairy's with Earth Power. Anyway this is a pretty cool team but you should take the leftover 4 ev's from hp into def to minimize stealth rock damage, another suggestion would be Knock off>Sludge Wave as it will help you beat Chansey and Lati's on the switch in and change your nature from timid to naive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)