Kyurem B Based Team (1850+)

1st on a Side Note how would one change his Username If you know plz tell me

Well, Hello there lady and gents to and welcome to another RMT. Today, I'm going to be showcasing another team that I've had pretty good Success rate with, It a team based Around Kyurem B so that one poke i wouldn't change cause he Scary Good. But enough of the side talk let just move onto the team. Changes, in Bold

Replays
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-66195383
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-66477362

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 236 Spd / 216 SAtk
Naive Nature

- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Iron Head
First Up we have Kyurem B the Heart and Soul of the Team. The Reason i chose Kyurem over any other one of his dragon Brethren is cause he is Unpredictable of what it want to do as it can be Choice, Mixed, Defensive and the Variant that i'm using. Moves, Sub is for the Obvious Avoid Status and Proceed to wreck face, BoltBeam for Coverage and Stab, and Hidden Power Fire to Catch those Steel pokemon that wanna come in and Proceed to pose a Threat.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
Next Up we have this here Genesect which beg me to Ask why is he still OU Way to Good. My reason behind Genesect is that he Prolly one of the Best Revenge Killer in the Metagame to date as depending on the boost you get it act as a Power Modifier and Choicer all in One. Move, BoltBeam for Coverage Flamethrower to Catch those steel types and Kyurem Hates them and U-Turn for Scouting Purposes. On a Side not he part of the VoltTurn Core.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature

- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
Rotom-W What can't i say bout him it prolly MVP On the team 9/10 I Lead with Rotom cause he can handle 8/10 most common lead that ive seen on showdown. I, Also went with rotom to handle Kyurem-B Counter Which and Most Physical atker as i can Wisp them and Cut there Strength in Half. Rotom also is another member part of the VoltTurn Core. Moves, Hydro and Volt Switch are Stabs, Pain Split for Wear and Tear and Will-O-Wisp to cut those Physical Atkers down to Size and Help Kyurem -B Sweep

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog
After, testing i found out that Mandibuzz fills a role that was really needed on the team it can counter Gengar well even though Gengar may go to Uber, Mandibuzz is Invested in SpD Cuz to handle Gengar alot more. Knockoff, cuz of the boost it got, roost for Longevity, Taunt so it doesnt get set-up on and Defog to get rid of Hazards.

Infernape (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 180 Atk / 76 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
So, after careful consideration Kangaskan even though he was Balls to the Wall good just wasn't cutting it for the team. The Fact that no one really want to take a Will-O-Wisp was really bugging me so i had to find something that didn't care if you wisped and could also U-Turn in the Process. So, i chose good ol' Infernape. I, mean hes not Ball to the Wall like Kanga but he can take a Wisp and GTFO when something is Threatening him. Overheat and Close Combat are the Obligatory Stab Moves, U-turn is for Scouting and Well Mach Punch for Priority

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
Well, I Replaced Forre for Skarm for 2 reason 1 It can set-up rock just as good as Forre and Roost mean Longer Survival. I, Chose not to Run spike cuz it with all the defog user going around it tough to stay up and set up spikes and Rocks. Rocky Helmet is Just too good right now as Kanga is Still OU and Kangas a Bitch. Moves, Rocks and Roost are there to Help Kyurem-B Come is Clean Roost for longevity, Whirlwind for if you wanna try and set-up in my face, Brave Bird for Stab.

Well, that Concludes this RMT as for now it not 100% Sure how you do the Weaknesses but from Prior Experiences Ill Just Give the Run Down:

Bulky Grass Type as nothing want to take A Leech Seed and T-Wave at all
Terrakion, Just Out right Demolishes the Squad
Clefable, After a Few Cosmic Power It a Pain
Will-O-Wisp in General no one Want to take a Will-O-Wisp Fixed
Stall Based Team It tough to Go through them all lol
Klefki cuz i hate Swagger Fixed
As More Come Along ill Post

Last edited:
Get rid of Forretress. Spinning is really not something these days, and Spikes... Ya. A more promising Steel Type is Aegislash. It can weaken P-Sweepers with King's Shield, and also happens to have access to Sacred Sword.

Get rid of Forretress. Spinning is really not something these days, and Spikes... Ya. A more promising Steel Type is Aegislash. It can weaken P-Sweepers with King's Shield, and also happens to have access to Sacred Sword.
Im not Really looking for another Sweeper just more of getting the SR and Stick Webs off the field so Kyurem can come on in and Clean up

If you're still looking for a replacement for Forretress, you could try Mandibuzz.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers/Red Card
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
-Defog
-Knock Off/Foul Play
-Roost
-Taunt/Toxic

Defog is the near fail safe way to get rid of hazards. This does clash with your own stealth rocks a bit, but if your goal is to get rid of hazards and the web so Kyu-B can clean, then it's nice to have as an option. The newly buffed Knock Off is really nice for getting rid of your opponents item, although Foul Play can be used to punish a physical attacker. Roost is for healing. You could opt for a few different things in the last slot, but mainly it gives you something to do against a defensive mon.

Leftovers is standard, although you could use the gimmicky Red Card for the potential to shuffle your opponent and Knock Off multiple items. The EV's maximize HP and SpD while minimizing Stealth Rock damage. I threw 4 EV's into speed to speed creep uninvested base 80's.

EDIT: You can also opt to max out Def over SpD

What's mandibuzz typing again?

Edit: dark/flying ill try it out but as of right now I'm testing out defogger skarmory as it just look like it fits better than foretress plus that steel resist is what w wanted, but defiantly will try mandibuzz and see what he brings.

Last edited:
Skarmory could probably work just as well as a defogger. One of its main advantages is that it has many more resistances thanks to its steel typing, so it'll be able to wall a lot more than Mandibuzz will. It also has the option of using hazards, but that usually won't have great synergy alongside Defog.

On the other hand, in addition to having much more special bulk than skarm, Mandibuzz is actually slightly more physically bulky as well (if fully invested).

252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 223-264 (52.71 - 62.41%) -- 99.61% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 183-216 (54.79 - 64.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Overall, I'd probably pick Skarm regardless if you are going for a sturdy physical wall. However if you find your team needs some more special bulk, I'd definitely go for Mandibuzz as the defogger.

Good team but don't get to use to genesect as one this dumb gengarite issue settles he'll probably end up being banned. also as sparktrain said your team does not need a forry. replace it with mandibuzz or latias with defog.

I tried this team out with skarmory instead of fortress and its pretty good. The only problem with it is that you don't really have a wow absorber or something to tale a spore.

I tried this team out with skarmory instead of fortress and its pretty good. The only problem with it is that you don't really have a wow absorber or something to tale a spore.
Yea, ive noticed that No one really want to come in and Absorb a WoW or Spore as they are all Pretty Useful some time is just Treeshake and Elimination to see Which Poke is not gonna do much in order to take that Spore Or WoW

Good team but don't get to use to genesect as one this dumb gengarite issue settles he'll probably end up being banned. also as sparktrain said your team does not need a forry. replace it with mandibuzz or latias with defog.
I Know it Inevitable he will get banned at some point but until then ill stick with him cuz he one of the Best Revenge Killers in the Game. As For Mandibuzz i did try him out the fact that he 4x weak to SR Is really something ive never Liked outside of Charizard cuz Mega Char X Is deadly. Plus, with all VoltTurn teams running around Mandibuzz Doesnt have many safe Swith-In due to U-Turn Being Super Effective. Then it has to take SR Damage and to come in to Defog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)