ORAS OU *-*-* Kyurem-B&MegaGross are going to shine! *-*-* (Peaked 1512)

Hi Guys! This is one of my favourite teams that I've just built. It is composed by very common mons and cores so I apologize from now if someone thinks it seems like another team. It's a pretty solid team imho but I think it lacks something that could make it "shine". So I'm here to ask you for an help, an advice or even a totally remake if you think it's necessary. I just want to keep in my team the core I started with, the one composed by Kyurem-Black and Mega Metagross.
At the moment, the biggest problem is that the team lacks a reliable wincon so all the battles use to be long...
Let's Start!

As I've already said,
Kyurem-B and
MegaMetagross are the ones I started the team from. They have really good sinergy: Mega Gross helps Kyurem-B's wallbreaking taking care of some of the most frequently switch-ins for Kyurem-B such as Clefable, Lati-twins, Mega Gardevoir and all fairies in general. On the other side, Kyurem-B helps against Bulky-Waters, Bulky-Grounds, Skarmory and Slowbro, some of the best switch-ins for Mega Gross. Moreover, the ability of Kyurem-B of hitting Mega Venusaur without worrying about his Thick Fat allows my MegaGross to switch his Zen Headbutt for another move that could be more helpful.
Lando-T comes in as a check to Excadrill, ZardX, MegaLop, MegaMedi, as the stealth rock setter and momentum abuser. Then I added
Latios since Keldeo, ZardY and Rotom-W could be very threatening and
ScarfKeldeo as a Dark Check (i first thought about Infernape but I didn't like another Ground-weakness), to have a revengekiller for MegaLop and Weavile and for Speed control.
He also gives me a check to MegaScizor.
Clefable was my last addition that offers me a good wincon, a MegaSableye check/counter and a Ferrothorn check. After I've received some helpful advices I decided to replace Clefable with
SpecsZone. Now that you know which had been my mind games, let's analize the team more in-depth.

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

I decided to run a Expert Belt set that's quite wallbreaking and it helps bluffing a Scarf and putting pressure on the opponent. Ice Beam is the main STAB that gets trough Mega Venusaur, Lando-T, Chomp, Gliscor etc. Fusion Bolt helps with Skarmory and Water types and Earth Power allows me to get an OHKO on opposing Heatran and to 2HKO Rotom-W (but even Volcanion).
Roost is there just to have more longevity.
252 EVs in Speed allows Kyurem-B to outspeed full-invested neutral nature Landorus-T, Mega Gyarados and Fast Heatran, full SpA for Power and the remaining EVs are in SpD lol.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch

Mega Metagross is the main fairy check so he needs to be healthy for a long time. Meteor Mash is the main attack that cripples fairies like Clefable and Mega Altaria while Bullet Punch is for Mega Diancie and Weavile. Pursuit traps Lati-Twins and other psychic types like MegaZam and Celebi.
I opted forThunder Punch as the fourth slot in order to handle bulky waters such as Manaphy and Slowbro and Flying types such as Skarmory, Talonflame and Mega Pinsir. 252 Spe EV investment with a Jolly Nature allows to outspeed base 100s max Spe, Keldeo and other big threats and speed tieng with base 110s.

Landorus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

I've already said what Lando-T helps me with so I'm just going to explain you the moveset. This is a normal Defensive Lando-T. He provides Stealth Rock support for my wallbreakers and helps against the BirdSpam. EQ is the STAB that hits some threatening mons like TTar and ZardX, Stone Edge OHKOs Talon and MegaPinsir and U-Turn gives momentum and free switch-in for Kyurem-B and MegaGross.
248 HP and 8 SpD investment allows Lando-T to take an HP Ice from Mega Manectric at full while 252 Def offers more resistance. I decided not to run an 8 Spe investment in order to have a slower U-Turn against other Landorus.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Not very much to say about this. His incredible ability of spammin Draco Meteor is amazing and just stopped my Jirachi, Exca and Pursuit Trappers that I can easily deal with thanks to Lando-T and Keldeo. Roost is for more longevity and Defog gives me hazard control that allows my Kyurem-B to have free switch-ins without worrying about losing 25% of health every time he comes in.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scarf Keldeo as the main revengekiller means I can't take advantage of the Specs set that I like much more. I chose to run HP Grass > Icy Wind since I don't think Icy Wind is useful on a Scarf Set. HP Grass instead hits Starmie, Slowbro, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Mega Swampert and Seismitoad for heavy damage.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone was my last addition that replaced Clefable for better checking Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and water types like Azumarill, Slowbro, Volcanion and some fairies like Clefable and the rare Sylveon.
A Choice Specs set gives wallbreaking power needed to OHKO Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor with Hidden Power Fire. The given EVs in Speed allows Magnezone to outspeed Mega Venusaur, Adamant Azumarill, Defensive Mega Scizor and Skarmory and the rest is put in HP just for some extra bulk.​

Replays

Threats

At the moment I've noticed only Belly Drum Azumarill being a Threat once that my Kyurem-B is weakened (maybe Unaware Clefable could help) but I'm sure there are others and I'm going to add them as soon as I can.

Dragon Pulse Serperior is one of the biggest threats for this team since none of my mons can deal with it. (maybe Unaware Clefable could help - Second Part)
Even a SubSeed set is annoying to handle.

Rain teams with Mega Swampert and Torn-T are REALLY threatening for my team since I can easily get 6-0'd if my opponent is playing well...

Offensive Starmie can put a lot of pressure on this team since I have only Kyurem-B being able to check it.

This Mon is hard to deal with because it can OHKO or 2HKO any member of my team...

Scarf Excadrill gives my team a bad time once that my Landorus-T is dead and even the Sand Rush version is hard to handle...

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

Metagross @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Thunder Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-Turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So this is my last team. What do you think about it? In my view it looks pretty good but I'm not such an expert battler so I'm gonna wait for some of your advices. Thank You!

Last edited:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team! I like the concept of M-Meta + Kyurem as they break each others checks really well. One of Kyurem's best checks is Clefable for example. As it has to recover, Meta can exploit this and get a hit off on the opposing team. Scizor and other Steel types can be taken care of too with a few edits.

Although Clefable is a solid mon, I don't see it fitting on your team which looks like an more offensive build. Clefable appreciates steels and fire types getting weakened, for example Heatran, Talonflame and Scizor, but your team doesn't pressure it, the opponent can often times switch into their fire type without much drawback and start hitting your team with Will-O or Lava Plume burns.

So the first step is to remove Clefable from the team to create possibilities to support Metagross and Kyurem more.
Scizor walls and likes to switch into Metagross, Kyurem, Lando and Latios. So my first suggestion is running Heatran > Clefable, it helps with Scizor and other steels, serving as a check to Talonflame and helps Metagross against Fairies.
With Heatran on the team, Stealth Rock can be run on it and we can change the offensive core to Metagross/Kyurem/Scarf Lando-T. Metagross will serve as a breaker to weaken everything that prevents Lando from sweeping. With the Ice+Thunderpunch combo it is possible to weaken flying types like defensive Lando-T, Skarmory and Gliscor as well as Slowbro due to Electric coverage, which will hurt after they are crippled after status or just weakend through the teams pressure. Kyurem is the mixed but mainly special breaker which also helps weakening Metagross and Lando's same checks. With Heatran's access to Toxic or Will-O, bulky waters like Slowbro, Rotom, Quagsire and Gastrodon can be crippled and you'll be more likely to break them.

There is speed control in the team now in form of Scarf Lando.
To support Metagross and Kyurem even more, you can change Keldeo to Rotom. While Keldeo serves as a dark check and late game cleaner, Rotom supports Metagross and Kyurem, giving them a chance to enter the field without taking damage through Volt Switch. Common answers to Rotom are for example Clefable, Ferrothorn, other Rotom, Latis etc, all of which one of your offensive mons can take advanage of.

For little adjustments to fix some threats, for example Dark Types, Will-O on Heatran is a possibility as it burn Bisharp before it can Sucker Punch, making it less of a threat. Chople Berry can be used alongside it to lure fighting Types like Lopunny. Your team isn't really designed to stay around for long due to its offensive nature, so the loss of Leftovers isn't too crucial.

Thunderbolt is an option over Psyshock on Latios, it hits Azumarill, other fat waters, Bisharp, Heatran and does good damage to incoming Scizor for example, the opponent is then forced to Roost to keep it healthy, otherwise Metagross can 2hko it if it switches in on it if it doesn't Roost after Latios' attack. Surf is also a viable option but if they find out that you have no coverage to hit Azumarill, it can do a number to your team. Both have its pros and cons.

Bullet Punch on Metagross alongside Thunder/Ice Punch and Meteor Mash takes care of Weavile quickly, which is otherwise a nuisance to the team.

Explosion on Scarf Lando acts as an emergency button, so you can take out +1 mons or unsuspecting Lopunny or Medicham. Superpower on that Slot definitely helps with Lopunny too.

Thunder Wave on Rotom over Pain Split will prevent Charizard X from sweeping you after +1 at the cost of no recovery, but you still have Heatran as a secondary check for birds in the back. Earth Power on Heatran works too, but then you are weaker to Bisharp for example so you have to chose what you want your team to be weak to.

That's all I have, my changes try to make Metagross and Kyurem shine more, with VoltTurn support and breaking each others checks so one can sweep, but with the cost of being weak to dark types, fighting types and a few single mons. If you play smart around them though, it is far from auto-loss. If you have questions we can discuss here, so feel free to ask.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last edited:
Yo Mister57. Aside from Pokemon listed in your threatlist, two of the most common Pokemon in OU; Mega Scizor, and Clefable are both massive threats to this team. Firstly, you have no dedicated answer to Mega Scizor. The only Pokemon on your team that are able to check it are Choice Scarf Keldeo and Clefable. Choice Scarf Keldeo is a poor Mega Scizor check since it's heavily reliant on Scald burns to be an effective check, and can be otherwise worn down throughout the duration of a match just from being forced to check other common Pokemon such as Bisharp. As for Clefable, both Flamethrower and Thunder Wave variants are very threatening to this team, with Flamethrower variants being able to pressure your only Fairy check, Mega Metagross, for heavy immediate damage, wheras Thunder Wave variants can cripple Mega Metagross, whilst also being the more likely Pokemon to win in a 1v1 Clefable boosting war thanks to Thunder Wave. You also have a few odd EV spread, and moveset choices on this team. Both your Kyurem-B and Mega Metagross spreads are frankly quite odd, and aren't the most optimal spreads to be using, so I'll look to tweak those.

->
The first thing I would do, and I think a change that would assist this team greatly is to swap Clefable for Magnezone. Whilst Clefable is good enough to find some sort of home on the majority of teams, I feel like it's the odd one out on an otherwise offensive build such as this. Choice Specs Magnezone works fantastically in its place, and brings a plethora of positive traits to the table to support your team. Firstly, the 2 threats to your team that I mentioned in my opening paragraph, Mega Scizor and Clefable, are both excellently handled by Magnezone. Magnezone also being a great deterrent to Thunder Wave Clefable, dissuading the Clefable user from wanting to click Thunder Wave at the risk of giving Magnezone a free switchin, in turn allowing Mega Metagross to come in more safely and wreak havoc. Magnezone is also a fantastuc Pokemon at supporting the likes of Kyurem-B, Latios, and Mega Metagross as it can trap problematic Steel-types such as Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Klefki which can be otherwise frustrating to break through since Kyurem, Latios, and Metagross all lack Fire- or Ground-type coverage moves. Chople Berry + Thunder Wave Magnezone would also be an interesting idea to try out in this slot, and can help greatly vs Pokemon such as Mega Alakazam, whilst also spreading paralysis for Kyurem-B and still effectively checking Clefable. However it comes at the cost of a lot of power and mean Magnezone loses a lot of wallbreaking potential, also making trapping Pokemon such as Ferrothorn a slower process.

Next, whilst I believe Mega Metagross is a good choice for this team I think your moveset and EVs must be tweaked. Mega Metagross hits a highly valuable Speed tier with impressive base 110 Speed, and should always run maximum Speed investment to take advantage of this. Maximum Speed allows Mega Metagross to outspeeds threats such as Keldeo, Terrakion, Mega Pinsir, and Garchomp, whilst Speed tying with non HP Fire Latios and Mega Diancie. An EV spread of: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Jolly Nature | would be a better choice for this team. As for the moveset, Choice Specs Magnezone negates some of the need for Thunder Punch, whilst both Grass Knot and Power-Up Punch are unneccesary. I think it's probably worthwhile keeping Bullet Punch since it can be useful to check the likes of Weavile and Mega Alakazam, Pursuit is also useful for Latios, however, Ice Punch could fit in either of these slots, and is incredibly useful to hit bulky Ground-types, even despite Kyurem's presence. Meteor Mash is mandatory. In the last slot I think it'd be good to have a move to hit Water-types such as Keldeo, Azumarill, Slowbro, Volcanion, and Manaphy, Thunder Punch seems like the best choice, although Zen Headbutt could potentially work as well.

After this, I'd suggest trying out Expert Belt Kyurem-B over your current Life Orb version. Since this team lacks a Choice Scarf user, Expert Belt can be used to great effect as a bluff, whilst still dealing good damage, and avoiding Life Orb recoil which can be useful when looking to check Pokemon such as Manaphy, as well as Electric-types such as Mega Manectric and Rotom-W. I'd also tweak your spread a little to run max Speed and max SpA. Max Speed is neccesary to outspeed the likes of Mega Gyarados, positive natured base 80 Speed Pokemon, and also max speed neutral natured Landorus-T.
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OR

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder Punch
- Pursuit / Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Expert Belt
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
Hi False ! First I'm sorry for late But I couldn't use Internet last week so that I can answer you just now. I really love your idea of swapping Clefable for Magnezone as you said since Zone really helps the team against Mega scizor, Ferrothorn and water types that give the team a bad time. I prefer the Specs variant just because I'd want to have a voltturn core in Zone+Lando-T.
Concerning the EV changing on Kyurem-B and Mega Metagross , although I'm not sure about it I'm going to try it out and check how it works. I think I'll run a Meteor Mash-Bullet Punch-Pursuit-Thunder Punch set on MegaGross .
Oh i like even the idea of Expert Belt over LO on Kyurem-B to bluff a Scarf xD
Thank you very much for your advices!
Hi, cool team! I like the concept of M-Meta + Kyurem as they break each others checks really well. One of Kyurem's best checks is Clefable for example. As it has to recover, Meta can exploit this and get a hit off on the opposing team. Scizor and other Steel types can be taken care of too with a few edits.

Although Clefable is a solid mon, I don't see it fitting on your team which looks like an more offensive build. Clefable appreciates steels and fire types getting weakened, for example Heatran, Talonflame and Scizor, but your team doesn't pressure it, the opponent can often times switch into their fire type without much drawback and start hitting your team with Will-O or Lava Plume burns.

So the first step is to remove Clefable from the team to create possibilities to support Metagross and Kyurem more.
Scizor walls and likes to switch into Metagross, Kyurem, Lando and Latios. So my first suggestion is running Heatran > Clefable, it helps with Scizor and other steels, serving as a check to Talonflame and helps Metagross against Fairies.
With Heatran on the team, Stealth Rock can be run on it and we can change the offensive core to Metagross/Kyurem/Scarf Lando-T. Metagross will serve as a breaker to weaken everything that prevents Lando from sweeping. With the Ice+Thunderpunch combo it is possible to weaken flying types like defensive Lando-T, Skarmory and Gliscor as well as Slowbro due to Electric coverage, which will hurt after they are crippled after status or just weakend through the teams pressure. Kyurem is the mixed but mainly special breaker which also helps weakening Metagross and Lando's same checks. With Heatran's access to Toxic or Will-O, bulky waters like Slowbro, Rotom, Quagsire and Gastrodon can be crippled and you'll be more likely to break them.

There is speed control in the team now in form of Scarf Lando.
To support Metagross and Kyurem even more, you can change Keldeo to Rotom. While Keldeo serves as a dark check and late game cleaner, Rotom supports Metagross and Kyurem, giving them a chance to enter the field without taking damage through Volt Switch. Common answers to Rotom are for example Clefable, Ferrothorn, other Rotom, Latis etc, all of which one of your offensive mons can take advanage of.

For little adjustments to fix some threats, for example Dark Types, Will-O on Heatran is a possibility as it burn Bisharp before it can Sucker Punch, making it less of a threat. Chople Berry can be used alongside it to lure fighting Types like Lopunny. Your team isn't really designed to stay around for long due to its offensive nature, so the loss of Leftovers isn't too crucial.

Thunderbolt is an option over Psyshock on Latios, it hits Azumarill, other fat waters, Bisharp, Heatran and does good damage to incoming Scizor for example, the opponent is then forced to Roost to keep it healthy, otherwise Metagross can 2hko it if it switches in on it if it doesn't Roost after Latios' attack. Surf is also a viable option but if they find out that you have no coverage to hit Azumarill, it can do a number to your team. Both have its pros and cons.

Bullet Punch on Metagross alongside Thunder/Ice Punch and Meteor Mash takes care of Weavile quickly, which is otherwise a nuisance to the team.

Explosion on Scarf Lando acts as an emergency button, so you can take out +1 mons or unsuspecting Lopunny or Medicham. Superpower on that Slot definitely helps with Lopunny too.

Thunder Wave on Rotom over Pain Split will prevent Charizard X from sweeping you after +1 at the cost of no recovery, but you still have Heatran as a secondary check for birds in the back. Earth Power on Heatran works too, but then you are weaker to Bisharp for example so you have to chose what you want your team to be weak to.

That's all I have, my changes try to make Metagross and Kyurem shine more, with VoltTurn support and breaking each others checks so one can sweep, but with the cost of being weak to dark types, fighting types and a few single mons. If you play smart around them though, it is far from auto-loss. If you have questions we can discuss here, so feel free to ask.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
Hi mil !! Thank you very much for your rate! Definitely Mega Scizor is a big Threat for this team and both Magnezone and Heatran are able to check it. Anyway I'm not sure which one to choose so that I need to try the team on the simulator and then to decide. ;)

EDIT: I added Offensive Starmie as a threat, just noticed xD

Last edited:
Bump!

I would really appreciate more suggestions about this team. It is not getting so high in the ladder and it still lacks a reliable wincon and it'd be helpful to have a status absorber since burns are extremely annoying :( Furthermore, I 'm adding more and more threats, that means the team is too breakeable. I also have many problems with stall teams.
Help me please :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)