move 4: Ice Beam / Dragon Claw
ability: Teravolt
item: Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

- Outrage is Outrage
- Fusion Bolt is the best coverage he has unfortunately.
- Iron Head is an unfortunate necessity for Xerneas and to a lesser extent Sylveon and Clefable
- Ice Beam because Landorus-T etc
- Dragon Claw is more reliable, and is usable now that immunities to Outrage exist but is 33% weaker

Set Details
========

- max max Adamant whatever
- CB makes it viable and it hits hard af
- Teravolt breaks Multiscale and Sturdy... yeah not many other choices

Usage Tips
========

- Break everything not a Fairy or Steel with Outrage. No really. That's it.
- Iron Head if Xerneas will come in
- Just let it break stuff honestly, that's how it plays

Team Options
========

- Webs I guess
- A good late game cleaner
- Considering this thing always ties with Rayquaza and Kyurem-W, and loses to everything faster besides most Yveltal which it can't even switch into, a lot

(sort of WIP section but whatever)

Other Options
########

- Scarf
- Mixed
- Defensive
- Not much else

Checks & Counters
########

- Many things

WIP

inb4 someone says this is part of some analysis snatching tyranny

Last edited:
Scarf is far more viable than band, hits harder than Zekrom does (with Outrage at least) while also revenging every scarfer not called Xerneas.

No, I left Scarf off because it's outclassed by Zekrom almost 100%
And what does banded Kyurem-B do that Banded Zekrom doesn't? Scarf Kyurem-B doesn't get walled by physically defensive Ground-types, thanks to Ice Beam, something Zekrom wished it had. It also has a higher Attack stat and is slightly faster, the only thing making Zekrom better is Bolt Strike and its Electric typing.
At least think about what you are posting before instantly jumping in and saying "no its shit i refuse to listen!"

And what does banded Kyurem-B do that Banded Zekrom doesn't? Scarf Kyurem-B doesn't get walled by physically defensive Ground-types, thanks to Ice Beam, something Zekrom wished it had. It also has a higher Attack stat and is slightly faster, the only thing making Zekrom better is Bolt Strike and its Electric typing.
At least think about what you are posting before instantly jumping in and saying "no its shit i refuse to listen!"
I'm not doing that, but I don't mind giving an in depth explanation either:

Kyurem may be faster and stronger and have Ice Beam, but it loses the utlity that Scarf Zekrom has in some ways such ss being able to switch in more often thanks to it's SR neutrality. Zekrom not running a Naughty nature also avoid the 2HKO from Kyogre more often, and Zekroms secondary STAB is also more consistent. STAB Bolt Strike > unSTAB Fusion bolt any day. Hell Scarf Kyurem fails to OHKO Kyogre and doesn't do nearly as much to Lugia. Zekrom also has Volt Switch and pressures the opponent into keeping 2 immunities around throughout the entire game, being their Ground and Fairy type where it's much easier to keep just your Xern/Sylveon/Clefable whatever healthy than also preserving your Landorus. I just disagree with Scarf Kyurem because it doesn't have enough offensive pressure or utility, so on that ground it is outclassed by Zekrom.

Hell Scarf Kyurem fails to OHKO Kyogre
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 320-378 (93.5 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
?
It doesn't have volt switch but the thing Kyurem has over Zekrom is that while they have similar moves, Kyurem isn't checked by the same things Zekrom is (Bulky Ground-types). If you are so against the scarf set, mind telling me what Choice Band is supposed to achieve? And also tell me why it's better than Banded Zekrom?

Running Adamant means you would be outsped by Timid Kyogre. Running Jolly means you don't KO, I'm just going to reply in detail in the morning.

And that would be relevant if anyone actually used +Speed nature scarfers in Ubers that are not called Genesect. Timid Scarf Kyogre is laughable, not to mention its irrelevant against Kyurem-B since timid Spout is not even close to KOing Kyurem.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, my thoughts:

- Note that this thing fucks Electriceus really badly

- Kyurem-B is better off running bulky rather than max Atk variants. While that 170 base Attack screams max Attack, it is also important to recognise that it hits hard as fuck without any investment at all. With 4 Atk and an Adamant nature, you hit about as hard a Xerneas Moonblast that's packing max SpA, which is pretty amazing. With that in mind, what I think should be the sets:

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Fusion Bolt
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Ice Beam / Dragon Claw / Sleep Talk
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 40 HP / 252 SpD / 216 Spe
nature: Adamant

Note that it's carrying max SpD instead of Attack. You still have 413 Attack with 0 Atk Adamant, enough to OHKO Darkrai and 2HKO 4 HP Electriceus with Outrage. The SpD investment lets you tank Water Spouts and a crapload of other special attacks, you can switch Kyu-B into SpecsOgre once and survive (if SR is up on both sides or SR is not up for either side).

I'm not too sure about this next one, I just know it was relatively effective when I was testing it:

Specially Defensive
########
name: Specially Defensive
move 1: Dragon Tail
move 2: Fusion Bolt
move 3: Toxic
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Careful

So this thing happened when I was trying to find an Electriceus counter that can also switch into Kyogre for my birds that wasn't a weak piece of shit (LOOKING AT YOU LATIAS). Now, it isn't exactly good against SpecsOgre but for every other Kyogre, this thing is magnificent. It also walls the crap out of Electriceus, which is the main draw of this set. I guess you could use Gastrodon, but Kyurem-B isn't a weakass shit that sits around doing nothing (at least Kyu-B can phaze and it hits hard). I don't know how long this set will stay anywhere close to viable since if Soul Dew comes out, you'd lose any reason to use this, but, for now, it's not bad.

- I don't know if I want to keep CB or not. Personally, I don't mind it staying, but I also think mindlessly spamming Outrage has gone past its use-by date.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Why on earth would you not even consider Kyu-B's mixed sets when they have virtually no safe switch-ins?
Not taking advantage of its STAB Ice Beam and mixed BoltBeam combo is crazy. 120 base special attack is the same as Arceus so it's not "weak" in the least.
Unlike Kyurem-W, Kyu-B has an easier time breaking through Blissey, Ho-oh and Kyogre (Kyu-W needs Draco Meteor for this one, leaving it in a bad position if the opponent has Xerneas), and unlike Zekrom it outspeeds and beats Groudon and has an easier time against Arceus-Grass, Arceus-Electric and Arceus-Ground, so it's not outclassed in that regard.
Xerneas isn't safe either since it still takes massive damage from Fusion Bolt or Iron Head.

Can you explain why one would consider Kyu-b on their team? It doesn't really bring any sort of utility or synergy and it's not a particularly effective wallbreaker either so I'm not really sure why you would want to use it.

QC Rejected 1/3

What would I wanna use this for? Even with its typing that looks good vs Kyogre it adds absolutely 0 defensive synergy to a team. It is slower than Palkia which equals to trouble for any Dragon without a scarf. However, as a scarfer you are just a bad Zekrom that kinda threatens Grounds better if it runs a mixed scarf set, but it's still all prediction from that point. With any choice set you will have trouble vs any Xerneas as a non STAB iron head isn't simple spammable. Lastly, you are extremely prone to attrition- being SR weak is always bad and being burn prone is horrible. the only way you can circumvent fast Arceus with wow is by equipping a choice scarf, which i already made my statement about.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The biggest thing is that Kyu-B has going for it is that it's a good offensive check to Electriceus. You can run a lot of bulk on it while maintaining its strength, allowing to switch into stuff like ScarfOgre using Surf and stuff like that. It's a pretty small niche, but it's kind of what I can salvage at the moment. Also, I think it was Probs or Edgar that brought it up, but mixed Kyu-B MAY be worth using, although it does look kind of iffy.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't really think that's enough to really justify using it I'm afraid. I largely agree with Hack

QC Rejected 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)