Ladder resets

Would it be possible to rename the ladders per season? The way I'm thinking about it would be like how it is handled for OMs that fall off the ladder - they remain on your /rank score, but are no longer available to be played.

So it'd be something like:

UU Sum15 1600 50 10
UU Fall15 1480 24 8
UU Win15 1200 10 1 (this is the current ladder, and available to be played)

The only problem with that is that it will clutter up /rank really, really fast. They could expire after three cycles or so, but then it wouldn't be permanent.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
The only problem with that is that it will clutter up /rank really, really fast. They could expire after three cycles or so, but then it wouldn't be permanent.
Maybe make it so doing /rank displays current ladder ranks but making the PS rank section here allow people to showcase the ranks they are proud of. Or alternatively, make it so when you click on someone's name on PS and it brings up that new page that can show past ranks while /rank shows current. Or just keep it how it is because this system is fine.

I think some kind of compromise between suggestions would work best. Something like show your highest ranking in any given tier, labeled as the "season" it was. i.e. if you have a rank of 1700 in NU s4 and 1750 in NU s2, it would show the 1750 under your /rank and the 1700 would essentially be lost in time and space. This "best of all time" ranking would ideally not update until the end of the season because even if you surpass it in the current season, you aren't necessarily ending the season at that rank.

Not sure how active he is right now, but Zarel, whenever you see this I would love to see what you think about it.

how hard would it be to allow users to reset their rank? lots of time i'll be like "i want to play uu!" only to play 1 game before i go back to randbats. then i'll do a /rank and see a bunch of ladders idc about when i'm looking for randbats.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
how hard would it be to allow users to reset their rank? lots of time i'll be like "i want to play uu!" only to play 1 game before i go back to randbats. then i'll do a /rank and see a bunch of ladders idc about when i'm looking for randbats.
You can do /rank [username], [tier] and only get the rankings for that tier

You can do /rank [username], [tier] and only get the rankings for that tier
i didn't know that but the lazy side of me would only use it if PS supported tab completion or allowed me to disable username tab completion in favor of /ra(tab)[nk,] etc

i'm sure plenty of people would like the option to reset their rank, though, so my question isn't totally exclusive to me

Mur

If you're not first you're last
I like the idea of adding a season style format to the ladder rankings as it just adds a bit more competition to the ladder scene and gives users a way to see how their improving over time. Like others have said this could clutter /rank really fast so I feel like having only the current season rankings show up on /rank while having the users profile page contain their all time stats would be most optimal. It seems like a pretty good feature imo to view past rankings and stats from past seasons without them just being tossed into the wind making it feel like a waste of time.

Luigi

spo.ink/shadowtag
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 27 Championis a Past SPL Champion
if the only problem with doing seasonal ladders for real tiers is the clutter from /rank couldnt a new command like /pastranks or /rankwin15 be created? then that'd show the ranks for the past seaons and /rank would work as it currently does

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)