XY OU Lando-t balanced team (peaked 1864)

I've made a team that I'm rather fond of, however I've noticed it has some problems with a few pokemon. I don't know what to change and I was hoping you do. I have peaked at around 1860's and I can't seem to get around that. I am currently 25-0 on an alt with this team. Here is the teambuilding process:

I usually make stall teams, so I wanted to try something different. I looked at a lot of pokemon, and lando-t really stuck out with its base 145 attack. I noticed he was lacking on speed so I decided scarf lando would be the pokemon I'd want to base my team around

I looked at lando and I thought about what counters it, and I decided that rotom-w would be a great partner to form a volt-turn core, as well as wall mamoswine, which is a huge threat.

Next up I decided I wanted a defogger and I played around a little with stuff, and I found specially defensive mega scizor worked really well because it walls most special threats, as well as keeps momentum with u-turn.

I looked at my team, and I realized how much rotom-w bait I had and thought to myself, kyurem-B would be a great pokemon to u-turn into when they send in rotom-w. Scizor is able to pick off pokemon like gardevoir and sylveon who would otherwise wall and destroy kyub.

4 mons in and I realized I had no stealth rocker. Heatran is one of the best rock setters because it beats most defoggers. My team also had a weakness to ferrothorn, so heatran seemed like a perfect addition.

The last slot is usually tricky and this is no exception. I knew I needed a rock resist because kyurem's rock weakness hadn't been covered. I also needed a mon that could come in on chansey and set up on it or kill something. I thought about using terrakion, but keldeo seemed like the better choice. I chose keldeo because my team has a bit of trouble with t-tar, but keldeo can live any hit and set up a sub or attack.

After I used this team for a while, I noticed problems with keldeo and greninja. I decided to take out rotom-w for azu so I could handle these 2 pokemon.

Now for the in-depth stuff:
image.jpg

Simba (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

This is the pokemon I decided to base my team around. I run max Atk max speed to maximize the damage output and ability to outpace (duh). I prefer jolly over adamant for this team because I can revenge kill certain mons like mega zard x and mega gyarados who have managed to reach +1. EQ for stab, stone edge for coverage, u-turn for momentum. I run explosion as a sort of self destruct button to do massive damage right before lando dies.
image.jpg

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Your standard azu set I guess. I run 252 HP / 252 Atk to maximize damage and bulk. However I do know there's some special spread that allows azu to live a t-bolt from thundy. Help on this would be appreciated. I run aqua jet for priority, waterfall and play rough are the primary stab's, and knock off is to help with stall
image.jpg

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

My defogger. I run a specially defensive set to handle the likes of gardevoir and latios. I was thinking to maybe run a more mixed defensive set because sand offense can give my team problems. Thoughts on this are appreciated. Defog for obvious reasons, roost for recovery, bullet punch is to pick off weakened mons and mega gardevoir. U-turn for momentum.
image.jpg

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-b is my stall breaker. 56 HP is so I can make 5 subs with 101 HP. I dumped 192 in speed to outspeed the likes of smeargle, and I put 8 in attack because I feel like the extra speed is unnecessary. The rest goes into special attack for maximum damage. Currently I'm testing out a faster set with 236 speed and 216 special attack so I can outspeed base 80's like mamoswine, and nab a surprise kill on unevolved mega gardevoirs. Not sure what I like better
image.jpg

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Roar

I use heatran as a special wall and an answer to clefable, which otherwise destroys my team. It also handles talonflame which can be a pain too. Stealth rock is for obvious reasons, taunt is to shut down clefable, lava plume is for a stab attack with burn chance, and roar is to roar out a talonflame that wants to set up.
image.jpg

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

My final member of the team, keldeo is here to make sure chansey remains in check. Keldeo can also offer an efficient way to handle stall breaker mew which is a huge pain to face. I chose a calm mind set because I like the sustainability it has. I chose dual stabs because jellicent just isn't common anymore.

There's my team. Importable and threat list will be added in shortly. Feel free to make suggestions on what you think would make this team better and able to handle more threats.
(For some reason sprites aren't working, hopefully I can fix that later)
Threat list
- Mamoswine, usually able to revenge kill with keldeo or tank a hit with scizor
- Sand offense excadrill, intimidated by lando and worn down by scizor. Revenge killed by azu if weak enough.
- Terrakion, intimidated by landorus-t, non scarfed revenge killed by keldeo and lando.
- Stallbreaker mew, attempt to wear down with u-turn from lando, keldeo sets up a sub and Calm mind
- Sticky web mega heracross, intimidated by lando, occasionally explosion for a KO. Scizor tanks any hit and does about 20-30% with BP. Azu tanks any hit (unless bullet seed) and can OHKO.
- Mega medicham, intimidated by landorus, eq revenge kill if at 75% health or less. Scizor can tank any hit except fire punch and deal 30-40% with BP. Revenge kill weakened one with keldeo.
- Mixed thundurus, lando outspeeds and OHKO's, heatran tanks 1 hit and lava plumes for decent damage. Azu lives (if full health) to OHKO, sciz takes many hits but doesn't like t-wave.
-

(More to come, that's all for now)

IMPORTABLE:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

PROOF

25-0
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi qwazz your team looks very solid! I'm going to leave so i rate quickly.
I have some advices for ya:
-You should run some evs in speed on azumarill to outspeed chansey minimum
-Why don't you you use more evs on scizor atk? It can help a lot to revenge kill with azumarill thanks to his priority.
-If you wanna use Taunt Heatran you must have 201or more in speed. I think air baloon tran is better for this team :

heatran:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / HP Ice

Hi qwazz your team looks very solid! I'm going to leave so i rate quickly.
I have some advices for ya:
-You should run some evs in speed on azumarill to outspeed chansey minimum
-Why don't you you use more evs on scizor atk? It can help a lot to revenge kill with azumarill thanks to his priority.
-If you wanna use Taunt Heatran you must have 201or more in speed. I think air baloon tran is better for this team :

heatran:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / HP Ice
I'm going to put your questions in bold and answer them in normal font:

- You should run some EVs in speed to outspeed chansey minimum
4 Speed is enough to outspeed an uninvested chansey, no worries about that.
- Why don't you run Atk EV's on scizor?
I don't run attack for a few reasons. The biggest one is that I don't know which benchmarks i want to hit for certain K.O.'s. Another reason is because I need mega scizor to be bulky so I can't just invest everything in Atk.
- If you wanna use taunt tran you have to have 201 speed or more.
I disagree, but maybe I'm not knowledgeable I guess. I just realized that I didn't update heatran's set. I run 32 speed on heatran to outspeed mega venu, which is really the only worry some thing.
- Try air balloon Tran.
An interesting suggestion however you must keep in mind a few things: 1, Tran is my only counter to calm mind clefable, so if heatran loses taunt and/or recovery, Clefable can wear him down. 2, tran is my best answer to t-flame, so it's the same problem with clefable.
I will try balloon tran to see if it works, but on paper it doesn't look great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)