Landorus-Therian [QC 0/3]

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Overview
########
It has access to Intimidate, which is very useful to lower the opposing Pokemon's attack. It has good base stats, a great Attack and a good bulk. It has access to Earthquake, Rock Slide and Explosion which are very good in this tier because they hit both the opposing Pokemon. It is also immune to Earth-Type moves.
It is weak to Ice- and Water-Type Moves which are quite common. Due to its mediocre Speed, it's often used with a Choice Item, so it's locked on a move and can't properly take advantage from its great coverage.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Rock Slide / Stone Edge
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Explosion / Stealth Rock
ability: Intimidate
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant/Jolly

Moves
========
Earthquake is the best way to deal damage to both the opposing grounded Pokemon, while Rock Slide is preferred whether you can't hit the opposing Pokemon with the previous move. U-Turn is necessary because locking into a move is sometimes detrimental for Landorus-T and you don't need it. Explosion is probably the better idea to revenge-kill easily the opposing Pokemon, while Stealth Rock can give a good support if the team needs it.

Set Details
========
Choice Scarf is a great item because it allows Landorus to increase its Speed and outspeed almost all the tier. Adamant Nature is preferred to deal a bigger amount of damage. This EV Spread is used to maximize its Attack and maintain at the same time an high Speed.

Usage Tips
========
It's one of the best Lead of the whole tier thanks to Intimidate. The moves in which it'll be locked has to be chosen carefully. If Landorus-T can't cripple the opposing team, U-turn is surely the safest move to use.

Team Options
========
Mega Kangaskhan is a good teammate because Fake Out support is very useful to stop some priority moves or other attacks that can OHKO Landorus. A good partner can be a Pokemon immune to Earthquake in order to avoid damage on the ally.

Three attacks
########
name: Three attacks
move 1: Protect
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Rock Slide / Stone Edge
move 4: Explosion
ability: Intimidate
item: Normal Gem / Earth Plate / Life Orb
evs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========
Earthquake is the best way to deal damage to both the opposing grounded Pokemon, while Rock Slide is preferred whether it can't hit the opposing Pokemon with the previous move and Stone Edge is a more powerful alternative which hits only one of the two Pokemon. Protect is self explanatory in Doubles and it's pretty useful because it can be unexpected when you can lure a Choice item set.

Set Details
========
Jolly Nature and max speed are used to outspeed some Pokemon you couldn't with an Adamant Nature, while the item depends on what you need. Earth Plate is preferred in order to increase the damage of Earthquake, Normal Gem to get a powerful Explosion, Life Orb to increase the Base Power of all the other moves.

Usage Tips
========
Its ability Intimidate is one of the best for a lead and it can deal a good amount of damage against the opposing team thanks to its good coverage and Explosion.

Team Options
========
One of the best way to take advantage of this set is pairing Landorus-T with a Tailwind user (Togekiss and Latios are the best for this role because they can avoid Earthquake damage thanks to their typing/ability). Protect is useful on partners to avoid Explosion and EQ damage.

Other Options
########
A choice Band set to deal a bigger amount of damage. Yache or Passho Berry to deal with its most common weaknesses.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ice-Type moves**: they always OHKO Landorus-T due to x4 weakness.

**Water-Type moves and Rain Teams**: Landorus-T can't deal with this type of teams and it's pretty unuseful unless Thunder-Wave or Tailwind support.

**Amoonguss**: Landorus can't do anything except little damage against Amoonguss, while it is put to sleep.

**Cresselia**: it's probably the best counter because Landorus-T can't hit it strongly.

**Will-O-Wisp**: it reduces Landorus' attack making it a weak Sweeper.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Skeletons are done in a bullet point style; for an example, check out Spacebass's Landorus-I skeleton.

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of bulky set on the Landorus-T analysis; it's actually very effective, and despite Lando-T not being the bulkiest Pokemon around, it can take some surprisingly big hits. It also avoids the 2HKO from LO Talonflame's Brave Bird, which Scarf Landorus-T can't do. Thoughts from other QC members?

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Skeletons are done in a bullet point style; for an example, check out Spacebass's Landorus-I skeleton.

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of bulky set on the Landorus-T analysis; it's actually very effective, and despite Lando-T not being the bulkiest Pokemon around, it can take some surprisingly big hits. It also avoids the 2HKO from LO Talonflame's Brave Bird, which Scarf Landorus-T can't do. Thoughts from other QC members?
k, i'll do the next by waiting for some QC before writing it up.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
this writeup has like 1/15th as much information as a writeup of the most common pokemon in the metagame should have

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Yes a bulky set too. It can be merged with the second set, but I would prefer a bulky set over a non-Scarf 4HP/252At/252Spe set (if I wanted Speed, I'd just choose Scarf set). Bulky set can also completely avoid a OHKO from +1 Bisharp Sucker Punch.

this writeup has like 1/15th as much information as a writeup of the most common pokemon in the metagame should have
This. If you're not sure what more to write (there's a lot), here's a guide. Or also look at the old Lando-T analysis on the preliminary Pokedex.

I'd also change the 4th moveslot on each of the sets.

Choice Scarf 4th slot should be Superpower / Knock Off. Personally I think Explosion should reside in set comments - it's role is burst damage to weaken or remove a threat that would otherwise be a major threat to your team including Lando-T itself, whilst maintaining momentum. Explosion is a horrible idea for revenge killing when you have many other moves for that which do not KO you. And definitely not SR on the Scarf set. SR is OO at best.

3 attacks must have U-turn slashed first for the last slot. Knock Off > Explosion too, but U-turn absolutely must be there.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
4th slot slash can also have whichever rock move you weren't already using. The double Rock can be quite handy to get around both WG and RP/FM.

Definitely not stealth rock imo lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)