Landorus

Status
Not open for further replies.

[OVERVIEW]

Landorus has nice offensive stats, a powerful STAB move that can be boosted further by Life Orb and Sand Force, and a great movepool. Thanks to its decent Special Attack and access to STAB Earth Power, Landorus is a great wallbreaker capable of OHKOing common Steel- and Fire-types such as Aegislash and Heatran. However, Landorus is easily checked by Pokemon that resist or are immune to Ground, which are pretty common in VGC. Because it is not fast and rather frail, it is easily revenge killed, so it needs a lot of support to work well. Moreover,Landorus is weak to common offensive types such as Water and Ice.

[SET]
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Earth Power
move 2: Hidden Power Ice
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Protect
item: Life Orb
ability: Sand Force
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earth Power is Landorus's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, OHKOing Pokemon such as Heatran and Aegislash and threatening any other Pokemon that does not resist it. It also is a single-target move, so it is not blocked by Wide Guard from the likes of Aegislash. Hidden Power Ice OHKOes Flying-types such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T, which can easily switch in on Earth Power. Stone Edge OHKOes Pokemon that take neutral damage from Hidden Power Ice and are immune to Ground-type moves, such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame; the miss chance can be annoying, though. Protect allows Landorus to avoid Fake Out and super effective moves, scout for the foe's move, and stall out Tailwind and Trick Room.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment is run to maximize Landorus's Special Attack, while maximum Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow it to be as fast as possible. Life Orb increases the power of its attacks, while Sand Force increases the power of Earth Power and Stone Edge under sand.

Usage Tips
========

Landorus is a great wallbreaker and works well as a late-game sweeper, as few Pokemon can switch into a Life Orb-boosted Earth Power. Landorus does not fare well against Eletric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, and Rotom-W, which carries Hydro Pump. It is also not very fast and cannot take a lot of hits.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Mega Metagross, Scizor, and Aegislash help against Ice-type Pokemon. Tyranitar can also deal with Ice-type Pokemon, and it can set sand to activate Sand Force and replace Politoed's rain. Users of redirection moves such as Amoonguss can help Landorus attack without taking a hit. Pokemon with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave can slow down the opponent's Pokemon, helping with Landorus's low Speed. Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out helps Landorus avoid one attack, while Landorus can deal with Aegislash in return. Grass-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Virizion, and Mega Venusaur can take Water-type moves. Zapdos and Thundurus are good partners too, as the former can set up Tailwind and the latter offers Thunder Wave support, both of which make up for Landorus's lackluster Speed. Other Pokemon with Tailwind such as Talonflame and Pokemon that can deal with Ice- and Water-type moves such as Rotom-W are also pretty good partners.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb threatens Fairy-type Pokemon, which can usually take Earth Power well thanks to their high Special Defense. Focus Blast can be used to OHKO Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, and Heatran, while Psychic threatens Fighting-types and Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, which take little damage from Earth Power. Rock Slide is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, but it is less powerful and can blocked by Wide Guard. Knock Off is helpful to threaten bulky Pokemon immune to Ground, such as Cresselia. Expert Belt increases the power of Landorus's super effective moves without inflicting recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water- and Ice-type Moves**: Rotom-W can easily take any hit from Landorus thanks to Levitate and its typing and can KO it back with Hydro Pump. Suicune, Milotic, and Jellicent take little damage from Landorus's Earth Power and can KO it with Ice Beam, Scald, or Hydro Pump, with the last also being able to set up Trick Room. Politoed sets up rain for Swift Swim sweepers, which can outspeed and KO Landorus. Most Electric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus can KO Landorus with Hidden Power Ice.

**Priority Move Users and Faster Pokemon**: Mamoswine can easily OHKO Landorus with Ice Shard, and Choice Band Talonflame can KO it after some chip damage. Faster Pokemon such as Mega Salamence can easily outspeed Landorus and KO it.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room users such as Jellicent and Cresselia can attack before Landorus and KO it due to its mediocre bulk; in particular, Cresselia counters Landorus and KOes it with Ice Beam.

Last edited:
Make timid the main slash; it's usually just as good as naive with stone edge anyway, especially with Sand Force.

In checks/counters, priority doesn't threaten it as much as the next mon. The only priority it's super scared of is Ice Shard from Mamoswine, and Talonflame is pretty ass. It takes a lot of LO recoil for kang to OHKO with +0 sucker punch I think (that's just a feeling i have, but I'm pretty sure i know my kang calcs by now).

Keldeo and Jirachi are banned in VGC. I'm guessing you came from smogdubz, not that this is a problem. I'd rather see ttar in place of mega metagross because of Sand Force and it beats ice, helps against rain, and lando-i helps megagross a lot more than it helps lando. And, I'm pretty sure the only Ice-types in existence are Weavile, the even rarer Mamoswine, and a Pokemon I heard was named Abomasnow, but its name is only spoken in legends and nobody's actually seen one for years, so I doubt actual Ice-types are a problem. Bigger problems tend to be waters (Rotom-w, Jellicent, Suicune, Milotic, Politoed) and Cresselia, and maybe Trick Room/nukes like Mence. Better partners to consider are M-Kang (FO support, lando helps a lot vs. Aegislash), Ferrothorn, Virizion, Zapdos/Thundurus, and maybe m-Veunsaur.

In counters, put Ice Beam and HP Ice in its own category with those water types/Cresselia I mentioned.

Remove Choice Scarf from OO; you lose out on actually getting KOs with HP Ice, you lose harder against Kang, and it's outclassed entirely by Landorus-T.

0- Atk Life Orb Landorus Stone Edge vs. 156 HP / 196 Def Mega Charizard Y: 208-250 (120.2 - 144.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I still want Timid as the main slash and priority to be replaced with a heavy mention to Mamoswine at least. You can add Talonflame to the pile of 'nukes like Mega Salamence that can OHKO lando after some turns of chip damage' if you want, but like:

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 135-160 (81.8 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

In set comments it still says Naive, change it to Timid. Add Knock Off to OO. In C&C rephrase Ice Beam and HP Ice to Ice-type moves. In usage tips, where you talk about how it doesn't like Electric-types, mention that Rotom-W hits it with Hydro Pump rather than HP Ice.

after that qc 2/2

Hi, amcheck.
add remove comments
Changed quite a lot of stuff, I'll post a cleaned up version asap
[OVERVIEW]

Landorus-i has nice offensive stats; it has, (AC) a and powerful STAB move, which can be boosted further by the ability thanks to the sand and to the Life Orb boost and Sand Rush, (AC) and Landorus-i has a great movepool. However, it has weakness to is weak to common types such as Water- (RH) and Ice-type move, which are pretty common, and it hasn't it doesn't have a high Speed stat.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earth Power is its main Landorus's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, and the most powerful; thanks to this move it is able to OHKOing Pokemon such as Heatran and Aegislash, (RC) and threatening any other Pokemon that does not resist it non resistor. It also is a one single target move, some it is not blocked by stuff like Wide Guard Aegislash (eeh). Hidden Power Ice is on the second slot mainly to threat OHKOes Flying-types such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T, which can easily switch in on an Earth Power, Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T are OHKOed. Stone Edge is usually for guarantees the OHKO on Pokemon who which can take neutral damage from Hidden Power Ice, and immunity to or are immune to Ground-type moves, such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame, a guaranteed OHKO,; (SC) the miss chance could can be annoying, though. Protect allows Landorus-i on taking to avoid Fake Out, (RC) or any other threatening move, which can KO if super effective, and to scout for the opponent's move; it also allows keeps Landorus-i safe for a round (just said this in the previous sentence) and able to stall Tailwind or Trick Room.

Set Details
========

Max Full Special Attack investment is run to maximize Landorus-i's Special Attack, while maximum Speed EVs and Timid nature allows it to reach its highest Speed possible. Life Orb is to increases the power of its attacks it STAB moves and other moves' power.

Usage Tips
========

It Landorus works pretty well (personal preference: I would use works best as..) as late game sweeper, as few Pokemon can switch into a thanks to Life Orb-boosted, a boosted Earth Power KO anything, it is not a great switch in to any kind of non immunity move. Landorus-i is not the best Pokemon to face Eletric-types Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, and Rotom-W, which can threaten Landorus with Hydro Pump. most of them have a move to threat him which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, usually, such as Mega Manectric, Thundurus, and Rotom-W with Hydro Pump etc. It is not a very fast Pokemon, (RC) it and cannot take that much a lot of of hits.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Mega Metagross, Scizor and Aegislash helps against Ice-type Pokemon. Tyranitar is a good partner since because it activates Sand Force, (AC) and it helps against can replace Politoed's for the rain, and it is able to deal with Ice-type Pokemon. Redirectors Users of redirection moves such as Amoonguss helps it to Landorus attack without taking any hit. Pokemon with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave helps pretty much to slow down opponent's Pokemon, since relieving Landorus's-i Speed problem is not that fast. Mega Kangaskhan is a great partner, as since Fake Out helps (because it allows Landorus to avoid one attack at least, I assume. This should be clarified) pretty much and, while Landorus-i can deal with Aegislash. Grass-type Pokemon which such as Ferrothorn, Virizion and Mega Venusaur (the original had a "maybe" before Mega Venusaur. Why? This should be explained too) can take Water-type moves such as Ferrothorn, Virizion, and maybe Mega Venusaur. Zapdos and Thundurus are pretty good partners too, since as the first former one can set up the Tailwind and the second latter can support with offers Thunder Wave support, lacking to the not high Speed on Landorus-i which makes up for Landorus's lackluster speed. Pokemon with Tailwind support are pretty appreciated. and Pokemon which can deal with Ice- and Water-type moves such as Rotom-W are also pretty good, to deal with Ice- and Water-type Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb to threatens Fairy-type Pokemon, most of them are Special walls, so they which can usually take Earth Power pretty well thanks to their high Special Defense. Focus Blast, since it give can be used to OHKOto Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn and Heatran, (AC) while Psychic to threatens Fighting-types Pokemon and Pokemon such as Amoonguss or and Venusaur, since it which takes little damage from Earth Power. Rock Slide, since is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge is not 100% accuracy, but this it is less powerful and can blocked by Wide Guard. Knock Off is helpful to threaten bulky Pokemon such as Cresselia, (RC) or just Pokemon with Ground-type immunity. Substitute is not that good, since as the health loss stacks with the it takes recoil from Life Orb. Expert Belt to avoids any kind of recoil at the cost of some power.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ice-type Moves**: Pokemon such Rotom-W can easily take any hit, and thanks to Levitate and its typing, it is immunity to Earth Power, and can easily KO back with Hydro Pump; Jellicent can set up Trick Room and KO with Ice Beam, (AC) or Scald, (AC) or / Hydro Pump; Suicune and Milotic are two bulky Water-type Pokemon which take easily little damage from Landorus's-i STAB move and can KO with Ice Beam; Politoed is a threat too, since as it sets up the rain and it usually run with abusers, such, for Swift Swim users, which outspeed and KO Landorus. Most of the Electric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus can KO it Landorus with Hidden Power Ice, such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus.
(There is not an Ice-type move when mentioning Rotom-W and Politoed; the paragraph also focuses a lot on bulky Water-types, so I would change the title to "Bulky Water-types and Ice-type Moves" or something like this)

**Faster Pokemon and Priority Moves**: Pokemon like such as Talonflame can threaten or KO Landorus after some Life Orb recoil; Mamoswine can easily OHKO it thanks to the Ice-type priority Ice Shard and Choice Band Talonflame after cheap damage can KO it too after cheap damage; Landorus-i resists only to Much Punch (from what?) Faster Pokemon such as Mega Salamence can easily outspeed Landorus and KO it.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room users such as Jellicent and Cresselia can attack before Landorus and KO it due to its mediocre bulk. It is easily outsped by any Trick Room user and since it is not that defensive Pokemon, KOed; Pokemon such as Jellicent and Cresselia; in particular, Cresselia in particular counters Landorus-i's set and KOs it with Ice Beam.

written
[OVERVIEW]

Landorus has nice offensive stats, a powerful STAB move which can be boosted further by Life Orb and Sand Rush, and a great movepool. However, it is weak to common types such as Water and Ice and it doesn't have a high Speed stat.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earth Power is Landorus's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, OHKOing Pokemon such as Heatran and Aegislash and threatening any other Pokemon that does not resist it. It also is a single target move, so it is not blocked by stuff like Wide Guard Aegislash. Hidden Power Ice OHKOes Flying-types such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T, which can easily switch in on an Earth Power. Stone Edge guarantees the OHKO on Pokemon which take neutral damage from Hidden Power Ice or are immune to Ground-type moves, such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame; the miss chance can be annoying, though. Protect allows Landorus to avoid Fake Out or any other threatening move, which can KO if super effective, and to scout for the opponent's move; it also allows Landorus to stall Tailwind or Trick Room.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment is run to maximize Landorus's Special Attack, while maximum Speed EVs and Timid nature allow it to reach its highest Speed possible. Life Orb increase the power of its attacks.

Usage Tips
========

Landorus works well as late game sweeper, as few Pokemon can switch into a Life Orb-boosted Earth Power. Landorus is not the best Pokemon to face Eletric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, and Rotom-W, which can threaten Landorus with Hydro Pump. It is not a very fast Pokemon and it cannot take a lot of hits.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Mega Metagross, Scizor and Aegislash help against Ice-type Pokemon. Tyranitar is a good partner because it activates Sand Force, it can replace Politoed's rain, and it is able to deal with Ice-type Pokemon. Users of redirection moves such as Amoonguss help Landorus attack without taking any hit. Pokemon with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave slow down opponent's Pokemon, relieving Landorus's Speed problem. Mega Kangaskhan is a great partner, as Fake Out helps Landorus avoid one attack, while Landorus can deal with Aegislash. Grass-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Virizion and Mega Venusaur can take Water-type moves. Zapdos and Thundurus are good partners too, as the former can set up Tailwind and the latter offers Thunder Wave support, which makes up for Landorus's lackluster speed. Pokemon with Tailwind and Pokemon which can deal with Ice- and Water-type moves such as Rotom-W are also pretty good.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb threatens Fairy-type Pokemon, which can usually take Earth Power well thanks to their high Special Defense. Focus Blast can be used to OHKOto Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn and Heatran, while Psychic threatens Fighting-types and Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, which take little damage from Earth Power. Rock Slide is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, but it is less powerful and can blocked by Wide Guard. Knock Off is helpful to threaten bulky Pokemon such as Cresselia or Pokemon with Ground-type immunity. Substitute is not that good, as the health loss stacks with the recoil from Life Orb. Expert Belt avoids any kind of recoil at the cost of some power.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Ice-type Moves**: Rotom-W can easily take any hit thanks to Levitate and its typing and can KO back with Hydro Pump; Jellicent can set up Trick Room and KO with Ice Beam, Scald, or Hydro Pump; Suicune and Milotic are two bulky Water-type Pokemon which take little damage from Landorus's STAB move and can KO with Ice Beam; Politoed is a threat too, as it sets up rain for Swift Swim users, which outspeed and KO Landorus. Most Electric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus can KO Landorus with Hidden Power Ice.

**Faster Pokemon and Priority Moves**: Pokemon such as Talonflame can threaten or KO Landorus after some Life Orb recoil; Mamoswine can easily OHKO it thanks to Ice Shard and Choice Band Talonflame can KO it too after cheap damage; Landorus-i resists only to Much Punch from. Faster Pokemon such as Mega Salamence can easily outspeed Landorus and KO it.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room users such as Jellicent and Cresselia can attack before Landorus and KO it due to its mediocre bulk; in particular, Cresselia counters Landorus's set and KOes it with Ice Beam.

Last edited:

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Working on the copypaste above
Add
Remove
Comment

[OVERVIEW]

Landorus has nice offensive stats, a powerful STAB move which that can be boosted further by Life Orb and Sand Rush Force, and a great movepool. However, it is weak to common types such as Water and Ice and it doesn't have a high Speed stat. (This overview is really, really bare; you should add a lot more detail to it later.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earth Power is Landorus's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, OHKOing Pokemon such as Heatran and Aegislash and threatening any other Pokemon that does not resist it. It also is a single-(AH)target move, so it is not blocked by stuff like Wide Guard from the likes of Aegislash. Hidden Power Ice OHKOes Flying-types such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T, which can easily switch in on an Earth Power. Stone Edge guarantees the OHKOes on Pokemon which that take neutral damage from Hidden Power Ice or and are immune to Ground-type moves, such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame; the miss chance can be annoying, though. Protect allows Landorus to avoid Fake Out or any other threatening move, which can KO if and super effective moves, and to scout for the opponent's foe's move, and; it also allows Landorus to stall Tailwind or and Trick Room.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment is run to maximize Landorus's Special Attack, while maximum Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow it to reach its highest Speed be as fast as possible. Life Orb increase the power of its attacks, while Sand Force increases the power of Earth Power and Stone Edge under sand.

Usage Tips
========

Landorus works well as a late-(AH)game sweeper, as few Pokemon can switch into a Life Orb-boosted Earth Power (wouldn't this make it more of a wallbreaker?). Landorus is not the best Pokemon to face does not fare well against Eletric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, and Rotom-W, which can threaten Landorus with carries Hydro Pump. It is also not a very fast Pokemon and it cannot take a lot of hits.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Mega Metagross, Scizor, (AC) and Aegislash help against Ice-type Pokemon. Tyranitar is a good partner because it can also deal with Ice-type Pokemon, and it can set sand to activates Sand Force, it can and replace Politoed's rain, and it is able to deal with Ice-type Pokemon. Users of redirection moves such as Amoonguss can help Landorus attack without taking any hit. Pokemon with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave can slow down the opponent's Pokemon, relieving helping with Landorus's low Speed problem. Mega Kangaskhan's is a great partner, as Fake Out helps Landorus avoid one attack, while Landorus can deal with Aegislash in return. Grass-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Virizion, (AC) and Mega Venusaur can take Water-type moves. Zapdos and Thundurus are good partners too, as the former can set up Tailwind and the latter offers Thunder Wave support, both of which makes up for Landorus's lackluster speed Speed. Other Pokemon with Tailwind such as (give one) and Pokemon which that can deal with Ice- and Water-type moves such as Rotom-W are also pretty good partners.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb threatens Fairy-type Pokemon, which can usually take Earth Power well thanks to their high Special Defense. Focus Blast can be used to OHKOto Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, (AC) and Heatran, while Psychic threatens Fighting-types and Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, which take little damage from Earth Power. Rock Slide is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, but it is less powerful and can blocked by Wide Guard. Knock Off is helpful to threaten bulky Pokemon immune to Ground, such as Cresselia or Pokemon with Ground-type immunity. Substitute is not that good, as the health loss stacks with the recoil from Life Orb. (then why state it here?) Expert Belt increases the power of Landorus's super effective moves without inflicting avoids any kind of recoil at the cost of some power.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water- and Ice-type Moves**: Rotom-W can easily take any hit from Landorus thanks to Levitate and its typing and can KO it back with Hydro Pump.(period);(remove semi) Jellicent can set up Trick Room and KO with Ice Beam, Scald, or Hydro Pump; Suicune, (AC) and Milotic, and Jellicent are two bulky Water-type Pokemon which take little damage from Landorus's STAB move Earth Power and can KO it with Ice Beam, Scald, or Hydro Pump, with the last also being able to set up Trick Room.;(remove semi) Politoed is a threat too, as it sets up rain for Swift Swim users sweepers, which can outspeed and KO Landorus. Most Electric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus can KO Landorus with Hidden Power Ice.

**Faster Pokemon and Priority Moves**: Pokemon such as Talonflame (mention something else b/c you already talk about T-flame later) can threaten or KO move before Landorus and KO it after some Life Orb recoil, which can be easy because Landorus is frail and the only priority moves it resists are Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave.;(remove semi) Mamoswine can easily OHKO it thanks to with Ice Shard and Choice Band Talonflame can KO it too after cheap some chip damage; Landorus-i resists only to Much Punch from. Faster Pokemon such as Mega Salamence can easily outspeed Landorus and KO it.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room users such as Jellicent and Cresselia can attack before Landorus and KO it due to its mediocre bulk; in particular, Cresselia counters Landorus's set and KOes it with Ice Beam.

Nice work Haund; you made the job easier for me.
GP 1/2

Enki, be sure to hit "reply," copy/paste this into your OP, and implement the check from there!

EDIT: Check for the new overview
Landorus has nice offensive stats, a powerful STAB move that can be boosted further by Life Orb and Sand Force, and a great movepool. Thanks for the to its decent Special Attack and to the strong Ground access to STAB Earthquake, Landorus this Pokemon is considered a great wallbreaker, thanks to the ability with the Sand support and to the Life Orb boost, it is able to capable of OHKOing common Steel- and Fire-types, Pokemon such as Aegislash and Heatran which are pretty common. However, Landorus is easily checked by Pokemon that resist or are immune to Ground with Levitate or Ground resistor / immunity, which are pretty common in VGC. Since Because it is not a fast Pokemon, and rather frail, it is easily revenge killed KOed by faster Pokemon, so it needs a lot of support to work well. However Moreover, it Landorus is weak to common offensive types such as Water and Ice and doesn't have high Speed.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add (Capitalize / Fix) (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 2/2
[OVERVIEW]

Landorus has nice offensive stats, a powerful STAB move that can be boosted further by Life Orb and Sand Force, and a great movepool. Thanks to its decent Special Attack and(space)access to STAB Earth Power, Landorus is a great wallbreaker (RC) capable of OHKOing common Steel- and Fire-types(space)such as Aegislash and Heatran. However, Landorus is easily checked by Pokemon that resist or are immune to Ground, which are pretty common in VGC.(space)Because it is not fast(space)and rather frail, it is easily revenge killed, so it needs a lot of support to work well.(space)Moreover,Landorus is weak to common offensive types such as Water and Ice.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Earth Power is Landorus's most powerful Ground-type STAB move, OHKOing Pokemon such as Heatran and Aegislash and threatening any other Pokemon that does not resist it. It also is a single-target move, so it is not blocked by Wide Guard from the likes of Aegislash. Hidden Power Ice OHKOes Flying-types such as Mega Salamence and Landorus-T, which can easily switch in on Earth Power. Stone Edge OHKOes Pokemon that take neutral damage from Hidden Power Ice and are immune to Ground-type moves, such as Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame; the miss chance can be annoying, though. Protect allows Landorus to avoid Fake Out and super effective moves, scout for the foe's move, and stall out Tailwind and Trick Room.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment is run to maximize Landorus's Special Attack, while maximum Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow it to be as fast as possible. Life Orb increases the power of its attacks, while Sand Force increases the power of Earth Power and Stone Edge under sand.

Usage Tips
========

Landorus is a great wallbreaker and works well as a late-game sweeper, as few Pokemon can switch into a Life Orb-boosted Earth Power. Landorus does not fare well against Eletric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus, which usually carry Hidden Power Ice, and Rotom-W, which carries Hydro Pump. It is also not very fast and cannot take a lot of hits.

Team Options
========

Steel-types such as Mega Metagross, Scizor, and Aegislash help against Ice-type Pokemon. Tyranitar can also deal with Ice-type Pokemon, and it can set sand to activate Sand Force and replace Politoed's rain. Users of redirection moves such as Amoonguss can help Landorus attack without taking a hit. Pokemon with Icy Wind or Thunder Wave can slow down the opponent's Pokemon, helping with Landorus's low Speed. Mega Kangaskhan's Fake Out helps Landorus avoid one attack, while Landorus can deal with Aegislash in return. Grass-type Pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Virizion, and Mega Venusaur can take Water-type moves. Zapdos and Thundurus are good partners too, as the former can set up Tailwind and the latter offers Thunder Wave support, both of which make up for Landorus's lackluster Speed. Other Pokemon with Tailwind such as Talonflame and Pokemon that can deal with Ice- and Water-type moves such as Rotom-W are also pretty good partners.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Sludge Bomb threatens Fairy-type Pokemon, which can usually take Earth Power well thanks to their high Special Defense. Focus Blast can be used to OHKO Mega Kangaskhan, Ferrothorn, (AC) and Heatran, while Psychic threatens Fighting-types and Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Venusaur, which take little damage from Earth Power. Rock Slide is a more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, but it is less powerful and can blocked by Wide Guard. Knock Off is helpful to threaten bulky Pokemon immune to Ground, such as Cresselia. Expert Belt increases the power of Landorus's super effective moves without inflicting recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Water- and Ice-type Moves**: Rotom-W can easily take any hit from Landorus thanks to Levitate and its typing and can KO it back with Hydro Pump. Suicune, Milotic, and Jellicent take little damage from Landorus's Earth Power and can KO it with Ice Beam, Scald, or Hydro Pump, with the last also being able to set up Trick Room. Politoed sets up rain for Swift Swim sweepers, which can outspeed and KO Landorus. Most Electric-type Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus can KO Landorus with Hidden Power Ice.

**Faster Pokemon and Priority Move Users and Faster Pokemon**: Mamoswine can easily OHKO it Landorus with Ice Shard, (AC) and Choice Band Talonflame can KO it too after some chip damage. Faster Pokemon such as Mega Salamence can easily outspeed Landorus and KO it.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room users such as Jellicent and Cresselia can attack before Landorus and KO it due to its mediocre bulk; in particular, Cresselia counters Landorus and KOes it with Ice Beam.
also fixed your title

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, IK this is done and all, but you should probably add a sentence to the OP that running Lando-I means you can't have Lando-T in the back. I've played flat dubs with species clause omitting alternate formes before and can confirm that losing the ability to choose which forme you want for the matchup can be huge even with their poor synergy, and I've used this a little on battle spot and found myself missing the ability to use lando-t as soon as I hit team preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)