Lanturn: An OU Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone!
I have been using this same OU team for 6 months now in Pokemon Black and Black 2, and there has always been the one Pokemon on my team that has helped me win in tight spots? Can you guess what that Pokemon is?

[pimg]171[/pimg]

That's right, it's Lanturn! While Lanturn is not an OU Pokemon, it is a solid OU choice for defeating threats. With its solid HP, it can take hits and just ruin your opponent's day. Here is the set I have been running.

Calm Nature
Leftovers
252 HP, 200 Special Defense, 56 Defense
Heal Bell
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Surf

This set is simple, yet effective. First use T-Wave on any fast Pokemon to lower their speeds and make it so that there is a possible chance they won't be able to attack some turns. Next layer the Paralysis with Confusion, making it so the opponent's chances of attacking you are even lower, and so they can sometimes deal damage to themselves. Under these conditions, you can use a Heal bell to cure your team, and your opponent might not even be able to damage you in the process. I added Surf so that Lanturn isn't useless under a taunt, and Surf is also a pretty good STAB attack.
This set can be used in many different ways. You can use it to force your set-up opponent to switch out, eliminating all stat changes, or you can use it to set up yourself. For example, using this attack on a wall such as Ferrothorn will allow you to make a switch to a sweeper like Salamence, set up a bit, and tear apart their team.

So what do you guys think about this set? Are there any changes needed to be made? Are there any counters to this? Leave a comment down below, and once again, you can try it out yourself! It has lead me to many victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)