Lanturn [On Hold]

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Fezzes are cool

Overview
########

Lanturn is in an unfortunate position, in that it is generally considered to be outclassed by Rotom-W. And that is true, on paper at least, as Rotom-W has overall better stats and more offensive presence. However, Lanturn does have a few things over its appliance-based rival, most notably being access to Volt Absorb and its newfound access to Soak. This gives Lanturn a small supportive niche over its partner, being a great way to switch into and absorb Thunderbolts which may be heading for your Talonflame and to shut down things which would normally wall your teammate.

[Pros]
-Great specially defensive stats
-Access to Soak and Volt Absorb
-Great typing

[Cons]
-Garchomp is the most common pokemon, and it packs Earthquake
-Underwhealming (but certainly not nonexistent) offenses
-Embarrasingly low defense stat (although this is made up for somewhat with its huge HP)

Tank + Soak
########
name: Tank + Soak
move 1: Scald
move 2: Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
move 3:
move 4:
ability: Volt Absorb
item: Sitrus Berry / Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 20 SpD / 116 Spe
nature: Calm

Moves
========

Set Details
========

-EVs survive Jolly Garchomp's Earthquake and Modest Zard Y's Solar Beam from full health.

To do:

Last edited:
Overview
########

Lanturn is in an unfortunate position, in that it is generally considered to be outclassed by Rotom-W. And that is true, on paper at least, as Rotom-W has overall better stats and more offensive presence. However, Lanturn does have a few things over its appliance-based rival, most notably being access to Volt Absorb and its newfound access to Soak. This gives Lanturn a small supportive niche over its partner, being a great way to absorb Thunderbolts which may be heading for your Talonflame and to shut down things which would normally wall your teammate.
You're thinking of Lightning Rod; Volt Absorb does not affect the target of Electric attacks.

Apparently Ion Deluge gains priority. Is it worth using against Mega Kangaskhan? Also, does it affect Mega Pinsir's moves, or do they stay Flying type?

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Apparently Ion Deluge gains priority. Is it worth using against Mega Kangaskhan? Also, does it affect Mega Pinsir's moves, or do they stay Flying type?
The issue of using Ion Deluge with something like Kangaskhan is that it then loses STAB on its Return for that turn. It could work to catch stuff like Gyarados off guard, but even then that is a bit gimmicky. Also Mega Pinsir's moves stay Flying-type to my knowledge as they have been Aerilated. I was going to put it in OO when I got some time.

The issue of using Ion Deluge with something like Kangaskhan is that it then loses STAB on its Return for that turn. It could work to catch stuff like Gyarados off guard, but even then that is a bit gimmicky. Also Mega Pinsir's moves stay Flying-type to my knowledge as they have been Aerilated. I was going to put it in OO when I got some time.
I meant opposing Kangaskhan.

Martin

I'm temporarily dropping this for Gardevoir. If noone takes it before I finish Gardevoir, that's fine. But I will just edit from this one when I finish Garde if it doesn't get taken.

Do you mind killing this as you have to finish Gardevoir and Smeargle first? Lanturn doesn't really seem that great too, I don't really think it deserves an analysis too. I'll have some people look at Smeargle later too.

Martin

Do you mind killing this as you have to finish Gardevoir and Smeargle first? Lanturn doesn't really seem that great too, I don't really think it deserves an analysis too. I'll have some people look at Smeargle later too.
thats fine. Bye bye Lanturn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)