Lanturn (OU Analysis)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lanturn

[OVERVIEW]
<h4>OU</h4>
<p>Despite the many Water- and Electric-types in OU, Lanturn fills a unique niche in the OU metagame: resistances to some of the most common special attacks, a 4x resistance to Steel, immunity to Thunder Wave, and fantastic coverage between his two STABs and Ice Beam are all very appealing. Lanturn is the closest thing you will find to a 100% counter to Life Orb Starmie and Substitute + Thunder Wave Jirachi, both of whom run rampant in today's metagame.

Like most UU Pokemon used in OU, Lanturn is very much a high risk, high reward type of Pokemon. While the above-mentioned benefits are great, Lanturn's mediocre Speed and low Defense often put it at the mercy of OU's top physical threats. In addition, both of Lanturn's OU sets require a fair amount of luck to reach their maximum effectiveness. If you're feeling daring though and want to add a little color to your team, give Lanturn a splash!</p>

[SET]
name: OU SubCharge
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
ability: Volt Absorb
nature: Modest
evs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 148 SpD / 56 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lanturn's unique typing and valuable ability give him plenty of free switches in the OU metagame. However, his mediocre Special Attack, Speed, and ability to lure Blissey in without fail have always relegated Lanturn to using parafusion sets. This set attempts to fix that through Substitute and Charge Beam, turning Lanturn into a surprisingly dangerous mid-game Pokemon, capable of seriously denting the opponent's team.</p>

<p>Substitute will usually be the first move you use. Many of the Pokemon Lanturn easily comes in on are likely to switch out, and Substitute allows you to safely pick your next move. It also blocks status moves from Blissey and Vaporeon who often think they can stall Lanturn to death with Toxic. After Substitute, your next move is dictated by whoever switches in. Hydro Pump deals over 50% to most Machamp, Metagross, Scizor, Tyranitar, and Jirachi. Ice Beam is for Dragons, Gliscor, and Breloom. If you're met with bulkier Pokemon like Blissey, Zapdos, or Celebi, Charge Beam away and then hit them with Hydro Pump or Ice Beam when you're ready.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The lack of Thunderbolt may be surprising at first glance, but Charge Beam is really the better move for this set. Unlike other Electric-type Pokemon, Lanturn's Water STAB allows him to run only Hydro Pump or Surf as his powerful STAB attack. The most common offensive switch-ins to Lanturn are hit equally hard by Surf as they are by Thunderbolt (Tyranitar actually being hit harder by Surf). Against bulky Water-types where an Electric-type attack is needed, Charge Beam is more than enough. Most bulky Water-types can't touch Lanturn in the first place, so you are free to chip away at their health and stat up. Charge Beam also allows Lanturn to beat many Pokemon who would usually use an instant recovery move in his face repeatedly. Hydro Pump is recommended over Surf on this set for the OHKO on Heatran and the 2HKO on the aforementioned Pokemon. Surf also ruins any shot at taking Blissey down, something that can usually be done with Hydro Pump and a couple of Charge Beams. Surf is still an option for more conservative players, but Lanturn really needs all the power he can get for this set to be effective.</p>

<p>52 HP EVs let you make 101 HP Substitutes, which together with Leftovers recovery and Charge Beam/Hydro Pump will more often than not let you take down Seismic Toss Blissey. The Speed EVs put you at 184 Speed, one point ahead of the standard Vaporeon. This is important as it allows you to set up on Vaporeon before he can Toxic you. The investment also helps against the occasional Scizor, Machamp, Tyranitar, or Metagross with a minimal investment in Speed. Special Attack is maxed to cause as much damage as possible with Lanturn's fantastic coverage. The rest is dumped in Special Defense, as Lanturn's resistances to common special attacks help his ability to switch in and general survivability in the long run. With the above spread, Grass Knot (which hits for 40 Base Power) from a Defensive Celebi has a 50% chance not to break Lanturn's Substitute.</p>

<p>Depending on your opponent's team and playstyle, this Lanturn usually ends up being used in one of two ways: as a hit-and-run Pokemon, or as a setup sweeper. You will find opportunities to switch Lanturn in against the majority of OU teams, whether it be into a bulky Water-types or into choiced Electric- or Steel-type attacks. Lanturn's ability to force switches gives many opportunities to use Substitute, which prepares you for either playing style depending on your opponent's answer to Lanturn. If your opponent relies on bulky Pokemon like Machamp, Swampert, or Metagross to check Lanturn, using Lanturn as a hit-and-run attacker is recommended. Against stall teams using Charge Beam is preferred, but make sure you keep Lanturn away from Toxic Spikes. One-on-one against Blissey, Lanturn will usually come out on top with 20-30% health left, a number of Charge Beam boosts and possibly a Substitute up; this means Lanturn will often be left in a position to take a second Pokemon down. Charge Beaming up against Calm Mind sweepers however, most notably Suicune and Jirachi, is more dangerous and should generally not be resorted to. Lanturn will need a critical hit to beat such opponents, but considering Suicune and Jirachi will need several Calm Minds to pose a threat to Lanturn, you stand a good chance of getting one with Charge Beam.</p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]
<h4>OU</h4>
<p>Gyarados partners wonderfully with Lanturn, as he often lures bulky Water-types and Electric-type attacks, both of which Lanturn loves to take on. If you want to go for a more defensive teammate, Skarmory is a great candidate; the two cover each others' weaknesses perfectly. Toxic Spikes can also help Lanturn when Charge Beaming up against bulkier Pokemon like Celebi and Blissey, providing insurance against such threats in the event that Charge Beam misses or doesn't raise your Special Attack. They also help against Swampert, turning Hydro Pump into a 2HKO.</p>

[COUNTERS]
<h4>OU</h4>
<p>Without a Substitute up on the SubCharge set, most of OU's physical threats can easily force Lanturn out, as they will usually be faster than Lanturn. Be careful switching such Pokemon into Lanturn though, as between Lanturn's offensive coverage and the possibility of having a Substitute up, Lanturn can severely weaken many of them. For this reason Flygon with U-turn makes a particularly good counter to SubCharge Lanturn, as he can remove Lanturn's Substitute and switch to an appropriate counter in the same turn. When using the Parafusion set, Lanturn becomes a lot harder to take down in one blow, especially if the opponent is not immune to Thunder Wave. For this reason Ground-type Pokemon with a powerful Earthquake, such as Swampert, are strongly recommended to effectively deal with this set. Snorlax with Earthquake is a phenomenal switch-in to Lanturn, not particularly caring about paralysis and able to take the assaults of SubCharge sets with ease. Not many special attackers can switch into Lanturn without putting themselves at serious risk. Jolteon with Hidden Power Grass can switch into the Parafusion set well, as Ice Beam won't do too much to him.</p>

<p>As far as defensive Pokemon go, Swampert deserves special mention as the only bulky Water-type capable of handling Lanturn: Hydro Pump is only a 3HKO, while Earthquake will scare Lanturn away. Note that Swampert cannot switch repeatedly into Lanturn however, as he will quickly succumb to Hydro Pump. Celebi with Leaf Storm also poses a threat to Lanturn, as it is not even 2HKOed by Ice Beam. Grass Knot is a laughing matter for Lanturn though, as it hits for 40 Base Power. Blissey can handle Lanturn if she comes in when Lanturn is low on health, but be wary of a Charge Beam sweep if she comes in on a Lanturn with over 70% health or a Substitute.</p>

Fyi, you need to link to the analysis of the pokemon.

For example http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lanturn

Looks reasonable as a set. Lanturn's low special attack might be an issue though... Pokemon like Latias can easily take 2 Ice Beams.

And hm! You should mention that it counters the most annoying set in the game, Sub Twave Jirachi, something very few pokemon can boast!

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: OU Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Charge Beam
move 3: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Leftovers
ability: Volt Absorb
nature: Modest
evs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 148 SpD / 56 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Lanturn's unique typing and valuable ability have always given it plenty of opportunities to switch in in the OU Metagame. However, its mediocre Special Attack, Speed, and ability to lure Blissey in without fail have always relegated Lanturn to using gimmick parafusion [I'm pretty sure this isn't capitalized?] sets. This set attempts to fix that through Substitute and Charge Beam, turning Lanturn into a surprisingly dangerous mid-game Pokemon, capable of putting massive dents in the opponent's team.</p>

<p>Substitute will usually be the first move you use. Many of the Pokemon Lanturn easily comes in on are likely to switch out, and Substitute allows you to safely pick your next move. It also blocks status moves from Blissey and Vaporeon who often think they can stall Lanturn to death with Toxic. After Substitute, your next move is dictated by whoever switches in. Hydro Pump deals over 50% to most Machamp, Metagross, Scizor, Tyranitar, and Jirachi. Ice Beam is for Dragons, Gliscor, and the occasional Breloom. If you're met with bulkier Pokemon like Blissey, Zapdos, or Celebi, Charge Beam away and then hit them with Hydro Pump or Ice Beam when you're ready.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The lack of Thunderbolt may be surprising at first glance, but Charge Beam is really the better move for this set. Unlike other Electrics, Lanturn's Water STAB allows it to effectively run only Hydro Pump or Surf as its powerful STAB attack. The most common offensive switch-ins into Lanturn are hit equally hard by Surf as they are by Thunderbolt (Tyranitar actually being hit harder by Surf). Against bulky Waters where an Electric attack is needed, Charge Beam is more than enough: most bulky Waters can't touch Lanturn in the first place, so you are free to chip away at their health and stat up. Charge Beam also allows Lanturn to beat many Pokemon who would usually use an instant recovery in its face over and over. Hydro Pump is recommended over Surf on this set for the OHKO on Heatran and the 2HKO on the aforementioned Pokemon. Surf also ruins any shot at taking Blissey down, something that can easily be done with with Hydro Pump and a couple of Charge Beams. Surf is still an option for more conservative players however, but Lanturn really needs all the power it can get for this set to be effective.</p>

<p>52 HP EVs let you make 101 HP Substitutes, which together with Leftovers recovery and Charge Beam/Hydro Pump will more often than not let you take down Seismic Toss Blissey. The Speed EVs put you at 184 Speed, one point ahead of the standard Vaporeon. This is important as it allows you to set up on Vaporeon before it can Toxic you. The investment also helps against the occasional Scizor, Machamp, Tyranitar, and Metagross who has invested minimally in Speed. Special Attack is maxed to cause as much damage as possible with Lanturn's fantastic coverage. The rest is dumped in Special Defense, as Lanturn's resistances to common special attacks helps its survivability and ability to switch in in the long run. With the above spread, Grass Knot (which hits for 40 Base Power) from a Defensive Celebi has a 50% chance to not even break Lanturn's Substitute.</p>

<p>Depending on your opponent's team and playstyle, this Lanturn usually ends up being used in one of two ways: as a hit-and-run Pokemon, or as a setup sweeper. You will find opportunities to switch Lanturn in against the majority of OU teams, whether it be into a bulky Water or into choiced Electric or Steel attack (don't forget Lanturn's x4 Steel resistance). Lanturn's ability to easily force switches makes Substitute so great, and it prepares you for either playing style depending on your opponent's answer to Lanturn. If your opponent relies on bulky Pokemon like Machamp, Swampert, and Metagross to check Lanturn, the former playstyle is optimal. Against stall teams (make sure to avoid Toxic Spikes) Charge Beam is preferred. One-on-one against Blissey, Lanturn will usually come out on top with 20-30% health left and possibly a Substitute up, so take advantage of such scenarios as you'll often be left in a position to take a second Pokemon down. Stating up against Calm Mind sweepers however, most notably Suicune and Jirachi, is more dangerous and should generally not be resorted to. Lanturn will need a critical hit to beat such opponents, but considering Suicune and Jirachi will need several Calm Minds to pose a threat to Lanturn, you stand a good chance of getting one with Charge Beam.</p>

<p>Gyarados partners wonderfully with Lanturn, as the former often draws in bulky Waters and Electric attacks, both of which Lanturn loves to take on. Be wary of Latias however, who can smack both down hard with a Draco Meteor (though it should be noted Lanturn sets up easily on a Latias stuck using Surf or Thunderbolt). Skarmory also works well with Lanturn; the two cover each others' weaknesses perfectly.</p>
Looks like a pretty cool set :)

Don't forget that Lanturn can't set up on Swampert due to resistance to Charge Beam, while Swampert can Roar away boosts or threaten with STAB Earthquake.

Thanks for the read-through Snorlaxe! I implemented all your changes except for removing the hyphen in switch-in (or switch in as you suggest). In all cases I use the word "in" after switch-in and it just looks awkward. But if someone else thinks I should remove the hyphen I'll take it out.

Fyi, you need to link to the analysis of the pokemon.

For example http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lanturn

Looks reasonable as a set. Lanturn's low special attack might be an issue though... Pokemon like Latias can easily take 2 Ice Beams.

And hm! You should mention that it counters the most annoying set in the game, Sub Twave Jirachi, something very few pokemon can boast!
Thanks for the tip Phantom IV, I did just that. Yes Latias can be a pain to deal with and is a common switch-in into Lanturn. Matchups with Latias are interesting because they can go so many ways. Switching in on a Scarf/Specs Surf/Thunderbolt turns Latias into setup bait. But usually when Latias switches into Lanturn there's not much you can do but let it break your sub, hit it with a weakish Ice Beam, then switch out. Of course if you have a Charge Beam Boost already it's a different story. Also the fact that Substitute blocks Trick is quite nice on a stat-upper like Lanturn.

On the subject of Jirachi, I've never understood the pain of that Sub Twave set, as I always carry Lanturn when I play OU :) Though I can certainly see why it gives most teams trouble. In the analysis I tried to keep my comments generalized about how this Lanturn handles various Pokemon because otherwise it would have gotten too long, do you really think I should add it somewhere?

Lanturn is always a very safe switch-in into Jirachi, as it sets up on virtually every Jirachi set (except CM sets which run Psychic; though it can handle ones with Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon). Considering how versatile Jirachi is, it's nice to have a Pokemon on your team who 95% of the time can come in safely on Jirachi.

Don't forget that Lanturn can't set up on Swampert due to resistance to Charge Beam, while Swampert can Roar away boosts or threaten with STAB Earthquake.
Yes Swampert can be a pain as you can't setup on it; Hydro Pump does roughly 43% so it's a solid 3HKO. Usually it'll roar you out or try to hit you with earthquake (basically it comes down to whether you have a sub up or not). The thing with Swampert is it can only really forces you out twice at most (and once if you play cleverly).

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the read-through Snorlaxe! I implemented all your changes except for removing the hyphen in switch-in (or switch in as you suggest). In all cases I use the word "in" after switch-in and it just looks awkward. But if someone else thinks I should remove the hyphen I'll take it out.
Actually, in order to make it grammatically correct, it needs to be changed to "switch in". When it has a hyphen, it is being used as a verb, such as in the sentence "Scizor is a good switch-in to Umbreon". Without a hyphen, it is used how you are using it now: "Blissey can switch in on all special attacks with ease". See here for more information. ;)

Actually, in order to make it grammatically correct, it needs to be changed to "switch in". When it has a hyphen, it is being used as a verb, such as in the sentence "Scizor is a good switch-in to Umbreon". Without a hyphen, it is used how you are using it now: "Blissey can switch in on all special attacks with ease". See here for more information. ;)
Ah okay I see, and thanks for the link!

You need to add an overview section. In it, I suggest you emphasize that Lanturn is particularly valuable as a 100% counter to Starmie, a Pokemon that seriously troubles offensive teams using things like Salamence/Gyarados/Heatran.

For what it's worth, the set looks interesting.

Can you provide some logs of this set being successful please? I can't really see it doing to well, tbh. But I'll withhold my judgment until you can show me some logs. Please don't just cherry pick good logs either, I'd like to see consecutive ladder logs. Thanks.

Okay here are a few logs showing Lanturn being used to varying degrees of success. I don't know how to format this nicely so I apologize for that ahead of time. In front of each log is a very brief summary of what Lanturn does.

Lanturn takes out Tyranitar, stats up against Jirachi and loses to Energy Ball. Switches in on an expected BP from Scizor, but Scizor SDs so Lanturn switches out.
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
Jonathan sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
MajorGambit sent out Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
zombieturtlez has entered the room.
MajorGambit switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Jirachi used U-turn.
Swampert lost 14% of its health.
Jonathan switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Swampert's attack!
The sandstorm rages.
Gyarados is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Gyarados lost 6% of its health.
Gyarados's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gyarados restored 6% of its health.
Swampert's leftovers restored its health a little!
Swampert restored 6% of its health.
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Swampert lost 26% of its health.
Swampert flinched!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
A critical hit!
Swampert lost 58% of its health.
Swampert used Yawn.
Gyarados became drowsy!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Swampert lost 21% of its health.
MajorGambit's Swampert fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
Gyarados fell asleep!
---
MajorGambit switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Jonathan switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Tyranitar used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 27% of its health.
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Tyranitar's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Gyarados...
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Tyranitar used Crunch.
Gyarados lost 23% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Sleep Talk.
Gyarados used Roar.
MajorGambit switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
The sandstorm rages.
Latias is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latias lost 6% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
Latias used Trick.
Latias obtained Choice Scarf!
Jirachi obtained Choice Scarf!
The sandstorm rages.
---
MajorGambit switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Jirachi used Stealth Rock.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Gliscor's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.
Gliscor used Taunt.
Salamence fell for the taunt!
The sandstorm rages.
Salamence is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Salamence lost 6% of its health.
---
Salamence used Draco Meteor.
Gliscor lost 100% of its health.
MajorGambit's Gliscor fainted.
Salamence's special attack was harshly lowered.
Salamence lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
MajorGambit switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
Jonathan switched in Lanturn (lvl 100 Lanturn ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lanturn.
Lanturn lost 12% of its health.
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.
Lanturn is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Lanturn lost 6% of its health.
Lanturn's leftovers restored its health a little!
Lanturn restored 6% of its health.
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Scizor's attack!
Scizor used Brick Break.
It's not very effective...
Gyarados lost 15% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Scizor used Swords Dance.
Scizor's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan: fuck
zombieturtlez: ygr
Jonathan: i keep forgetting im asleep
zombieturtlez has left the room.
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gyarados lost 12% of its health.
Jonathan's Gyarados fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan switched in Infernape (lvl 100 Infernape ?).
Pointed stones dug into Infernape.
Infernape lost 12% of its health.
Infernape lost 62% of its health.
Infernape used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 88% of its health.
MajorGambit's Scizor fainted.
The Occa Berry weakened Flamethrower's power!
Infernape lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Infernape is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Infernape lost 6% of its health.
---
MajorGambit switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pointed stones dug into Latias.
Latias lost 12% of its health.
Latias used Thunderbolt.
Jonathan's Infernape fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
MajorGambit switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
Lanturn lost 25% of its health.
Lanturn made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 60% of its health.
It's super effective!
The substitute took damage for Lanturn!
Lanturn's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
Tyranitar lost 1% of its health.
MajorGambit's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
MajorGambit switched in You Turn (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into You Turn.
You Turn lost 6% of its health.
You Turn used Substitute.
You Turn lost 25% of its health.
You Turn made a substitute!
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
The substitute took damage for You Turn!
You Turn's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
You Turn's leftovers restored its health a little!
You Turn restored 6% of its health.
---
You Turn used Calm Mind.
You Turn's special attack was raised.
You Turn's special defence was raised.
Lanturn used Substitute.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lanturn used Charge Beam.
Lanturn's special attack was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
---
You Turn used Calm Mind.
The sandstorm rages.
---
You Turn used Calm Mind.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
The sandstorm rages.
---
You Turn used Calm Mind.
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
You Turn lost 33% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
You Turn used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
You Turn used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
Jonathan's Lanturn fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Thunderpunch.
You Turn used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 61% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi lost 27% of its health.
Jonathan's Jirachi fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Salamence lost 28% of its health.
Jonathan's Salamence fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Scizor lost 67% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan: gg
You Turn lost 15% of its health.
Scizor lost 21% of its health.
Jonathan's Scizor fainted.
MajorGambit wins!
MajorGambit: gg

Lanturn takes out Latias (Ice Beam freeze) and Breloom. Later on in the match Lanturn takes out Starmie (I played badly here, I could have survived against Starmie with more health; but still this log shows Lanturn handling Starmie).
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
trg123 sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
---
Salamence's Intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
Jirachi used Thunder Wave.
Salamence is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Salamence lost 30% of its health.
Salamence flinched!
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Lanturn lost 8% of its health.
---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Lanturn lost 17% of its health.
trg123 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Latias used Thunderbolt.
Lanturn's Volt Absorb absorbed damage!
Lanturn restored 25% of its health.
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 45% of its health.
Latias was frozen solid!
---
trg123: wrong move dangit
Latias is frozen solid!
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 43% of its health.
trg123's Latias fainted.
---
trg123 switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Pointed stones dug into Breloom.
Breloom lost 6% of its health.
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 94% of its health.
trg123's Breloom fainted.
---
trg123 switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
A sandstorm brewed!
Salamence's Intimidate cut Tyranitar's attack!
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar's attack was raised.
Tyranitar's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Tyranitar used Fire Punch.
A critical hit!
Salamence lost 15% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 28% of its health.
The Babiri Berry weakened Iron Head's power!
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 66% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 60% of its health.
trg123's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
trg123 switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Heatran's attack!
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Gyarados lost 29% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Gyarados lost 32% of its health.
Gyarados used Rest.
Gyarados fell asleep!
Gyarados restored 86% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
trg123 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Starmie lost 24% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Starmie is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Starmie lost 6% of its health.
---
The sandstorm rages.
---
Heatran used Earth Power.
The sandstorm rages.
---
trg123 switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Rest.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Starmie used Hydro Pump.
Starmie's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Starmie used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn lost 30% of its health.
Starmie lost 10% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Starmie used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 18% of its health.
trg123's Starmie fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
trg123 switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used U-turn.
Lanturn lost 14% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Heatran used Fire Blast.
Gyarados lost 30% of its health.
Gyarados woke up!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 63% of its health.
trg123's Heatran fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
trg123 switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados used Rest.
Gyarados fell asleep!
Gyarados restored 92% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Jirachi restored 6% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados lost 13% of its health.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 32% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados lost 13% of its health.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Rest.
But it failed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados woke up!
Gyarados flinched!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
A critical hit!
Jirachi lost 66% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados lost 14% of its health.
Gyarados is paralysed! It can't move!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados flinched!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados used Rest.
Gyarados fell asleep!
Gyarados restored 78% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 29% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Gyarados is fast asleep!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Jirachi lost 16% of its health.
trg123's Jirachi fainted.
Jonathan wins!
trg123 has left the room.

Lanturn takes out another Breloom. Catches Heatran on the switch later with Hydro Pump. Dies against Suicune eventually.
quiet waters sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
---
quiet waters switched in Breloom (lvl 100 Breloom ?).
Breloom was badly poisoned!
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Breloom's attack!
Breloom used Substitute.
Breloom lost 25% of its health.
Breloom made a substitute!
Breloom's Poison Heal restored health!
Breloom restored 12% of its health.
---
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
Gyarados lost 20% of its health.
But it failed!
---
quiet waters switched in Suicune (lvl 100 Suicune).
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune.
Suicune lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados used Roar.
quiet waters switched in Heatran (lvl 100 Heatran ?).
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Breloom lost 26% of its health.
---
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
Gyarados lost 28% of its health.
Gyarados used Roar.
Suicune's leftovers restored its health a little!
Suicune restored 6% of its health.
---
Suicune used Hidden Power.
Lanturn restored 19% of its health.
---
quiet waters switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Pointed stones dug into Uxie.
Uxie lost 12% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Breloom lost 18% of its health.
---
Breloom used Seed Bomb.
It's super effective!
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 62% of its health.
quiet waters's Breloom fainted.
---
quiet waters switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Lanturn's attack!
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Salamence's attack!
Salamence used Earthquake.
---
Jirachi lost 36% of its health.
---
Jirachi used U-turn.
Heatran lost 5% of its health.
Salamence's Intimidate cut Heatran's attack!
---
Heatran used Dragon Pulse.
Jirachi lost 14% of its health.
---
A critical hit!
Uxie lost 27% of its health.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
A critical hit!
quiet waters switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Lanturn's attack!
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Salamence's attack!
Salamence used Earthquake.
---
Gyarados lost 20% of its health.
---
Infernape used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Salamence lost 31% of its health.
quiet waters's Salamence fainted.
---
Uxie used Psychic.
It's super effective!
Infernape lost 78% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 58% of its health.
quiet waters's Heatran fainted.
---
Uxie used Trick.
Uxie obtained Iron Plate!
Scizor obtained Choice Scarf!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Scizor lost 5% of its health.
Scizor used Toxic.
Suicune was badly poisoned!
Suicune is hurt by poison!
Suicune lost 6% of its health.
---
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn lost 20% of its health.
---
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn lost 20% of its health.
Lanturn's attack missed!
Suicune lost 18% of its health.
---
Suicune used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn lost 16% of its health.
Suicune lost 25% of its health.
---
Salamence's Intimidate cut Suicune's attack!
Suicune lost 39% of its health.
quiet waters's Suicune fainted.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Scizor lost 6% of its health.
quiet waters switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 65% of its health.
---
Salamence's Intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
Uxie lost 11% of its health.
quiet waters's Uxie fainted.
Salamence used Roost.
Salamence restored 50% of its health.
---
quiet waters switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Salamence lost 46% of its health.
Salamence flinched!
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Salamence lost 20% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Jirachi lost 16% of its health.
Jirachi flinched!
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Jirachi lost 17% of its health.
Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Jirachi used Fire Punch.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 31% of its health.
quiet waters wins!
quiet waters: gg
quiet waters has left the room.

Forces Rotom out. Takes out Swampert in two switch ins. Deals big damage to Skarmory and Tyranitar.
george182 sent out Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Jirachi used U-turn.
Swampert lost 12% of its health.
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
---
george182 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Rotom-h lost 32% of its health.
---
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Lanturn restored 12% of its health.
---
george182 switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Swampert lost 41% of its health.
---
george182 switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Latias's attack!
---
Latias used Draco Meteor.
Jirachi lost 48% of its health.
Latias's special attack was harshly lowered.
---
---
Swampert used Ice Beam.
Gyarados lost 18% of its health.
---
george182 switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Rotom-h lost 32% of its health.
---
Rotom-h used Pain Split.
Rotom-h restored 12% of its health.
Jirachi lost 10% of its health.
---
Jirachi used Iron Head.
Rotom-h lost 17% of its health.
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Jirachi lost 30% of its health.
---
Rotom-h lost 19% of its health.
george182's Rotom-h fainted.
---
Scizor lost 51% of its health.
---
A critical hit!
Scizor lost 37% of its health.
---
Pointed stones dug into Swampert.
Swampert lost 6% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
A critical hit!
Swampert lost 72% of its health.
george182's Swampert fainted.
---
george182 switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
A sandstorm brewed!
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 53% of its health.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Tyranitar restored 6% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Lanturn's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Latias's attack!
Latias's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Latias's attack missed!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Latias lost 19% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
A critical hit!
Gyarados lost 45% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
george182: there is a 1% chance of dracco meteor missing twice in a row
george182 switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
Skarmory lost 28% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.
---
Jonathan: i don't really care, i was willing to sacrifice gyarados
george182: oh i wasnt complaiing
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 40% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.
Salamence's Intimidate cut Skarmory's attack!
The sandstorm rages.
Skarmory's leftovers restored its health a little!
Skarmory restored 6% of its health.
---
Skarmory lost 32% of its health.
george182's Skarmory fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Latias's attack missed!
It's super effective!
Latias lost 20% of its health.
george182's Latias fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jonathan: :/
george182 switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Salamence lost 12% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
george182 switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar lost 15% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Tyranitar restored 6% of its health.
---
Infernape used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 20% of its health.
george182's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
george182 switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Pointed stones dug into Lucario.
Lucario lost 3% of its health.
Lucario used Extremespeed.
Infernape lost 33% of its health.
Lucario lost 10% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Lucario used Close Combat.
Lanturn lost 50% of its health.
george182 wins!
george182: gg
george182 has left the room.

Lanturn basically takes out his entire team.
omgdan sent out Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
Uxie used Thunder Wave.
Jirachi is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Uxie used Thunder Wave.
---
omgdan switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
Machamp's leftovers restored its health a little!
Machamp restored 6% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Machamp lost 50% of its health.
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Machamp's attack!
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
Gyarados became confused!
---
Gyarados is confused!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Machamp lost 36% of its health.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 37% of its health.
---
omgdan switched in Uxie (lvl 100 Uxie).
---
Uxie used Stealth Rock.
Jirachi used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Uxie lost 26% of its health.
---
omgdan switched in Machamp (lvl 100 Machamp ?).
Pointed stones dug into Machamp.
Machamp lost 6% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Machamp lost 32% of its health.
omgdan's Machamp fainted.
---
omgdan switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Latias lost 88% of its health.
omgdan's Latias fainted.
---
omgdan switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Rotom-h used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Rotom-h lost 22% of its health.
---
omgdan switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Lanturn's attack!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Gyarados lost 73% of its health.
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Gyarados's attack!
Gyarados used Earthquake.
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Gyarados lost 9% of its health.
Gyarados used Roar.
omgdan switched in Aggron (lvl 100 Aggron ?).
Pointed stones dug into Aggron.
Aggron lost 6% of its health.
Aggron's leftovers restored its health a little!
Aggron restored 6% of its health.
---
omgdan switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Gyarados's attack!
omgdan's Gyarados fainted.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
But there was no target!
---
Rotom-h used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
---
Rotom-h used Overheat.
Lanturn lost 15% of its health.
Rotom-h's special attack was harshly lowered.
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Uxie lost 8% of its health.
Uxie's light screen wore off!
---
Uxie used U-turn.
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
Rotom-h lost 40% of its health.
omgdan's Rotom-h fainted.
---
Uxie used U-turn.
omgdan switched in Aggron (lvl 100 Aggron ?).
Pointed stones dug into Aggron.
Aggron lost 6% of its health.
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
Aggron lost 30% of its health.
Aggron's leftovers restored its health a little!
Aggron restored 6% of its health.
---
Lanturn used Hydro Pump.
It's super effective!
Aggron lost 70% of its health.
omgdan's Aggron fainted.
---
omgdan: gg
Uxie used Trick.
Uxie obtained Leftovers!
Lanturn obtained Choice Scarf!
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
Uxie lost 16% of its health.
omgdan's Uxie fainted.
Jonathan wins!

Lanturn taking out Celebi (Lanturn dies too). I didn't show the entire log as this happens right at the start of the match.
Namikaze. sent out Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Jirachi used U-turn.
Jirachi lost 17% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Lanturn lost 27% of its health.
Namikaze. switched in Flygon (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
---
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Flygon's attack!
Flygon used Earthquake.
---
Namikaze. switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Celebi lost 11% of its health.
Celebi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Celebi restored 6% of its health.
---
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 26% of its health.
Celebi restored 4% of its health.
---
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 24% of its health.
Lanturn used Substitute.
---
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 42% of its health.
---
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 8% of its health.
---
Celebi used Grass Knot.
It's super effective!
Lanturn lost 27% of its health.
Lanturn used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Celebi lost 60% of its health.
Both are left at like 7% and die shortly after.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing this set in ou for a while as well. While it works well like you say, there is a huge flaw. With sub and charge beam, it can stat up, but it is often to slow to attack after the sub was then broken. I also ran into trouble without any recovery, and switching into blissey and vappy just didn't work as they toxicced me.

Yes Lanturn's low speed means it won't be sweeping any time soon, but if you play well you should score a ko or two still.

Regarding Vaporeon and Blissey: I'm assuming they're Toxicing you on the switch-in to Lanturn? This has happened a few times to me against Vaporeon, if I'm feeling especially paranoid I switch to a Steel before switching to Lanturn. But 1v1 against those two you shouldn't be having problems as you're faster and can sub before they status you.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm actually really quite impressed with what this set can pull off. Lanturn is completely unique like you rightfully say and it has this very exclusive niche. Especially when you consider just how big dickshits things like Vaporeon and Suicune can be against an offensive team, and the threat that a LO Starmie can pose to a team without ScarfTar, this Lanturn seems to tick a lot of boxes. Add to that the Thunder Wave immunity, ability to easily come in on CB Scizor's Bullet Punch, and basically the free switch in provided by most bulky Waters, and I think this set can have a lot of promise.

Content-wise, on an initial read through, it's informative and pretty well written :). One thing - while you mention the adverse effect Toxic Spikes can have on this set and the importance of removing them, perhaps also mention how useful they can be in making this set more successful if you get them up against your opponent. It would make beating Blissey, Celebi, Swampert and co a lot easier.

EDIT: Also, all Latias references can now be removed since it is Uber :).

I'm actually really quite impressed with what this set can pull off. Lanturn is completely unique like you rightfully say and it has this very exclusive niche. Especially when you consider just how big dickshits things like Vaporeon and Suicune can be against an offensive team, and the threat that a LO Starmie can pose to a team without ScarfTar, this Lanturn seems to tick a lot of boxes. Add to that the Thunder Wave immunity, ability to easily come in on CB Scizor's Bullet Punch, and basically the free switch in provided by most bulky Waters, and I think this set can have a lot of promise.

Content-wise, on an initial read through, it's informative and pretty well written :). One thing - while you mention the adverse effect Toxic Spikes can have on this set and the importance of removing them, perhaps also mention how useful they can be in making this set more successful if you get them up against your opponent. It would make beating Blissey, Celebi, Swampert and co a lot easier.

EDIT: Also, all Latias references can now be removed since it is Uber :).
Thanks for the support, it means a lot coming from a reputable battler. :)
I rewrote my last paragraph completely: removed mention of Latias, added a blurb about Mixmence as a teammate, and touched on the benefit of Toxic Spikes.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I can attest to how good this set is. I have used it a lot on #stark cups, ladder and on some other tourneys and more often than not it does a good job of setting up and taking out at least one pokemon, it also has swept whole teams due to it setting up easily on things like Standard Wish Bliss (Flamethrower + Toxic is something Lanturn laughs at), CB Scizor, Jirachi, and more. Plus, being a flawless Starmie Counter is great as well!

Omg I use Lanturn for OU too, but none of my friends see the potential it has in that tier ;x They all tell me to switch it for Swampert (which I actually did) .
I initially used the Para-fusion combo with Lanturn, but I think I like this moveset more (; THink I'm gunna switch back to Lanturn !

Hmm, I was skeptical about this set at first, but the fact that it allows Lanturn to be usable in OU does sound a bit appealing to me, especially considering how huge of a threat Sub + Twave Jirachi and LO Starmie are in today's metagame. I can also see this easily setting up on quite a few Pokemon which is pretty cool. I'll test this soon - I'm leaning towards approving this for now though.

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. If the set gets approved I'll write up the Overview as mtr suggested, as Lanturn doesn't have one for OU at the moment.

By the way I'm very open to a name change for the set. "OU Substitute" sounds lame but it was the best I could come up with.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, lol, it hasn't been approved yet. But for a name, I think OU Sub Beam sounds more appropriate.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OU SubCharge is probably the most appropriate.

Anyway, I'll certainly test this out and see what it's capable of. Looks intriguing, at the very least.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In my testing of this set, I find that it works well in early game when you easily come in on a random predictable t-bolt. I have noticed that this set, even when charged and subbed, has problems with Electivire.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm leaning towards approving this set as well; however, I want to have a closer glance at how it works, so I'm gonna give it a round of testing before deciding anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)