These players got in:
- Walrein
- UncleSam
- Stratos
- Kiritsugu
- LonelyNess
- Aura Guardian
- Drawesome532

Alas billymills didn't make it through the randomization, but you can have 1st priority subbing rights.

This is the chosen set of houserules:
- Milan + supply center in NaF
- Winter 1900
- 18 supply centers=win
- On NMR, units Support closest unit to Hold (randomized if multiple)
- On a subbing out, units move to hold/support (home) centers, players vote for a subin
- The (house)rules can be changed by a supermajority of active players (half rounded up +1, at least 4)
- Vanilla draws
- I break ties on votes

Scoring said:
We'll use this linked table for postgame scoring, adjusted with these country modifiers:

France: +3
Russia: +2
Italy: +1
England: 0
Germany: 0
Austria: -1
Turkey: -2

Aura Guardian - Russia - Eliminated 1904 - 3+2=5 points
Stratos - Italy - Eliminated 1905 - 4+1=5 points
LonelyNess - Germany - Eliminated 1907 - 6+0=6 points
Billymills - Germany - Eliminated 1907 - 6+0=6 points
(They both were active-ish and get points.)

Those who sub out or forfeit get no points at all, only the final player gets the points.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The whole point of choosing Winter 1900 is for Russia to get a buff and England to get a necessary nerf.

I'm ok with no army Stp, but we have to allow Stp NC Fleet or the entire point of the variant is done away with.

I support no draws ever. 35 SCs mean that there will always be a winner, and I'd like to encourage people to play to win rather than to draw.

Not sure what the 'scoring' thing is in regards to Agape, but obviously it is outdated. France is horrible, Italy is middle of the road, and Austria is strong so those scoring guidelines make no sense for this game.

if you disagree with the scoring system then give me a better one ^_^ it's a thing to compare results from multiple games and to discourage forfeit

Also, send me logs throughout the game and comment on your play, so that I can have fun also and perhaps write a postgame!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I like the scoring system in terms of crowning a winner, having taken a closer look at it. The country modifiers need to be adjusted, however; this is what I suggest:
France: +3
Russia: +2
Italy: +1
England: 0
Germany: 0
Austria: -1
Turkey: -2

I suggest that ties be broken in the order listed; ie in the event of a tie in points, the higher-listed country on this list wins that tie (with England having preference over Germany in the event of a tie but with the difference between them arguably not worth a full point's disparity).

Note that this would mean that a 'draw' would result in a sole winner based on points; the basic idea is to take first the result, and then your final supply center count into account for the final scoring. So, if you win, you automatically get the maximum number of points; however, surviving longer or surviving, period, with more supply centers will bump you up the final results list. So, at the end of the game, there will be a list of the order in which people finished; this will give something worth playing for even if you don't have much of a chance of actually winning or even of forcing a draw; finishing 3rd instead of 6th is still a significantly better result! Note that only the end result matters, however, since that is what people should be playing for.

Also note that this massively disincentives people to agree to a draw (so I'd actually be ok with people agreeing to a draw for the purposes of finishing a game more expediently if the game's result is a foregone conclusion) since one or the other of you will 100% be crowned the sole winner based on points regardless. Of course over multiple games there would be a difference if people are keeping point tallies; I doubt this would come into play on this site, however.

Confound your enthusiasm! Let the Diplomancing commence!

Alternate map link.

Countries have been randomized and are thus:
Walrein - England
Drawesome532 - France
LonelyNess - Germany
Stratos - Italy
Kiritsugu - Austria
Aura Guardian - Russia
UncleSam - Turkey

It is now Winter 1900. You have 72 hours to send in your initial builds. Russia cannot build A StP. Add me to any conversations you create on Smogon. Uploading logs for me is not mandatory but encouraged.

Send orders in the Smogon convo only.

Last edited:
If I get nontentative orders from all players, I'll update early. This applies to all phases. Only an order marked down as tentative in the post itself is tentative.

I'm glad we officially have gotten things started! I see a lot of familiar faces this time around and I hope I enjoy playing with you all as much as I did last game.

I'll be more active this time around as well(I had 2 jobs and college last game all at the same time so it was a little hectic but I'm down to just 1 job + school now)
I also have a desktop IRC client now rather than the website based one I used last time, I know it was hard to reach me sometimes last game so hopefully that is fixed now.

Anyways, thanks a bunch Agape for hosting. I have a feeling this game will be really entertaining for you!

Update

Alternate map link.

Walrein - England
B F Edi
B A Lvp
B F Lon

Drawesome532 - France
B F Bre
B A Par
B F Mar

LonelyNess - Germany
B F Kie
B F Kie
B A Mun

Stratos - Italy
B A Mil
B F Rom
B F Nap

Kiritsugu - Austria
B A Vie
B A Bud
B A Tri

Aura Guardian - Russia
B F Stp(nc)
B A Mos
B A War
B A Sev

UncleSam - Turkey
B A Con
B A Ank
B F Smy

It is now Spring 1901. You have 48 hours. I don't like extensions but something like 1 extension per player per game seems ok, barring really good explanations. Have fun stabbing each other!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)