1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Latias and Some New Friends

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Superpowerdude, Apr 24, 2012.

?

What do you think about these Questoins?

Poll closed May 1, 2012.
  1. give Heatran Stealth Rocks so i can have a rapid spinner in Skarms Place?

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Keep the team without a rapid spinner

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude "The Phone-Post King"
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Team at a Glance
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Latias is my favourite pokemon ever! so it just makes sense to build an OU team with her in it. i wanted to build a team around her sweeping and thats exactly what i did. next up for me was finding 5 freinds that will help her and have good type synergy so Latias and Friends were born! a team that has seen victory many times. but also a team that has its flaws and tasted defeat and thats where you guys come in! there is nothing better then having other peoples minds as well as my own to help come up with fresh ideas for the team!​

Team Building Process

Show Hide

Well i wanted to make a team around Latias and what an obvious way to start then to have Latias. seeing as i was running the Physically defensive calm mind my Latias only attacking move was dragon pulse i needed a pokemon that could take out steel types. i didnt want to be boring and go with magnezone because my team would probally end up like a drag and mag one. so i went with Heatran excellent type synergy with Latias covering all her weaknesses and being able to take out any steel type.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So after some thought my team ended up looking like this.
    V1[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

everey one can find about 10 different reasons to fit Scarfed Rotom wash and Banded Scizor on there team and mine is no excpetoin. i kicked out fortress for Skarmory to make a sort of Psueodo SkarmBliss with Chansey and Skarmory. Skarmory was good because of the recovery but now i am left without a rapid spinner.
    V2[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    V3 after testing my team out a bit more i made it more offence orientated and added three new members.

A Closer Look

[​IMG]
    Rotom-W(Suprise) @ Choice Scarf [​IMG]
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid
    Evs 252 Spa / 4 Sp Def / 252 spe (30 spe ivs)
    Moves:
    -Hydro Pump
    -Volt Switch
    -Trick
    -Hidden Power (Ice)​

Every on knows what rotom wash does. it is a great scout and revenge killer makes a mini Volt- turn chain with Scizor. Hydro Pums is for a high power stab move that does Quite a bit of damage to a weakend opponent. Volt Switch is to do damage whilst simultaneously switching. it also recieves stab and is a great revenge killing move. trick is to cripple rotoms threats Blissey and Chansey as well as set up sweepers.and lastly hidden power ice is for the rare grass type.... just kiddin Hidden Power ice is to kill the dragons like garchomp, salamence dragonite etc.

[​IMG]
    Scrafty(CHAMP) @ Leftovers [​IMG]
    Ability: Shed Skin
    Evs:/252 Hp / 4 atk /252 SpD
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    -Bulk up
    -Drain Punch
    -Dragon Tail
    -Rest

I ran this Scrafty set on my previous OU team and it is just execllent. fills some of my teams needs like being a status absorber and​
    Phazer. He also has a great bonus of having the ability to sweep teams if he has gotten enough Bulk. BUlk up is obviously used to boost his stats through the roof. Dragon Tail is to give other set up sweeprs and dragons some trouble while Drain Punch makes Scrafty deal bog damage and get health back.

[​IMG]
    Foretress (Steelhere) @ Leftovers [​IMG]
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Relaxed
    Evs: 252 Hp /176 Def/ 80 Sp Def o spe ivs
    Moves:
    -Stealthrock
    -rapid spin
    -Volt Switch
    -Gyro Ball​

Foretress is an awesome pokemon to use for any support needs. mine is my rapid spinner and sets up stealthrock, two cruicial moves that most teams should have unless they have a real good reason not to. Stealthrock is an entry hazards that severly punishes Volcarona and Dragonite. Volt Swicth is primarily so he doesnt get trapped by Magnezone and Gyro Ball to do at least a little damage to the opponent.​

[​IMG]

Breloom (Super) @ Toxic Orb [​IMG]
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Nature: Jolly
    Evs 252 atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 spe
    Moves:
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Spore
    -Seed Bomb

i needed another offensive pokemon and there isnt anyone better then Breloom to do the job i though! is another status absorber and provides a threat to chansey and blissey yep breloom is exactly what i was looking for! Spore is to sleep one pokemon a battle which is always useful Substutue and Focus Punch are to make the infamous SubPunch combo coming from base 130 attack is awesome. and finally seed bomb for another stab move and a way tocombat Jellicent and Tentacruel.​

[​IMG]
    Heatran (Custom) @ Air Baloon[​IMG]
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Timid
    Evs: 4 Hp/ 252 Spa / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Toxic
    -Lavaplume
    -Substitute
    -Earthpower​

i created a Heatran set the was supposed to lure in bulky waters and toxic them. i used that set to great succes but as i was using it i saw a Heatran set on smogon which is basically a better versoin of mine! so i took that set on board. Toxic is Heatrans favourite move on this set ruining Politoed and Jellicents day. Substitute is used to take advantage of switches and lava plume and earthpower are for coverage.​

And Now the MVP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Latias(Golden) @ Leftovers[​IMG]
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature Bold
    Evs 252 Hp / 228 Def / 28 Spe
    Moves:
    -Reflect
    - Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Dragon Pulse

And Latias Really is "The Golden One" of this team. it may seem odd only having one attacking move but Dragon Pulse has Pretty good Coverage with only on resist which is Steel. thats why i have other pokes to take the steel types out first.
    and reflect and recover help it set up calm minds very easy. recover is for the obvious recovery and reflect lets it set up on pokes that would otherwise be threats ( Scizor and Tyranitar) lets look at some maths shall we?

Max Attack Choice Band Tyranitar Pusruit; 23.6%-28.5%
    Max Attack Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch 47.8%-56.5%
    * its important to note Tyranitars will Usaully go for Pursuit because they think i am goig to switch and when i reveall reflect it is to late they are locked into Pursuit

Max Attack Choice Band Scizor Pursuit 23.2%-28.0%
    Max Attack Choice Band U- Turn 41.2%-48.3%
    *its Important to note in using U-Turn Latias genrally gets a free turn to recover.

So Latias doesnt play any games! and can set up on the metagames biggest threats that can also hit it supereffectivly! (unless a critical hit happens which is why you must still be cautoius when versing Scizor and Tyranitar) i have made alot of opponents forfiet as i set up calm minds unscathed. seriously i have never made my opponents forfiet so much from just the one pokemon. and i dont usaully set up on tyranitar and scizor i usually try to take them out early i just showed the maths for the sake of showing off latiass beastly defense

So that is my team i hope you like it and i hope you can give me some constructive citcism on changes i can make for the better. as always thankyou for reading!​

Final Glance

Show Hide
  2. DrunkDemon

DrunkDemon

Not really a rate, but Latias is 224 EVs over the limit.
  3. Superpowerdude

Mentor

hahah woops your right that was just a typo am going to fix it now :)
  4. Superpowerdude

Mentor

5. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

8 for the Team, very solid imho , but let me say 4 for the immagination, 'cause of the Skarm-"bliss" used for the defensive core of your Team! xD
    Anyway stop joking, 2 thing, first:

-Shed Shell over Rocky helmet on Skarm, because , I know roocky helmet on skarm its such an amazing thing, because you spam damages on uturner, we are agree, but if you loose Skarmory cause of a magnezone (which is always plays with a Dragon Dancer Dragon) i really don't know how do you stop a Dnite after a +1 or an Haxorus ! Reflect on it!
    -The item of Heatran, pasho can sourprise the opponent but...under rain its quite useless, and you have , Chansey, Latias, and also Rotom which can deal with de Water, so why do you try something else more useful for tran? Like an Air Baloon, or a ShucaBerry.The ballon let you mantein the Helmet on Skarmm, 'cause It could be a barrier for rampaging Dragons once loose Skarm for exempla!

Let me know ^^
  6. Superpowerdude

Mentor

thanks _AlexiS_ i am glad you have given me some advice i am a bit skeptical in changing Rocky helmet on Skarmory just because its been working so well and with good prediction Skarmory can whirlwind magnezone out. i do agree with the heatran however and i will change passho to Shuca. Heatran sure loves his berries! XD
  7. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

I'm agree with you that the Helmet on Skarm its something amazing, as I said before...I'm happy if I was somehow useful! :P
  8. Dietcoke101

Dietcoke101

Not exeptionally original, yet still effective.
    "Every on knows what rotom wash does."

Unfortunately most people knowing your team really isn't a good thing. People can see your team coming a mile away. Just saying.

However, contrasting that. Latias is quite different and will shock at least some people.
  9. Superpowerdude

Mentor

thanks for the rates guys for the people in the poll who said get a rapid spinner what do you suggest?
  10. Superpowerdude

Mentor

Bump again i know i have already bumped but i have changed three members of my team now and want to see peoples thoughts.
  11. Nibiria

Nibiria

Choice Specs Ice Beam can 1hko your Latias. Or even Choice Scarf, so be wary of that. You could build her slightly more defensively so that she doesn't take Ice hits so poorly. I would recommend subcm personally, because you're still able to sweep with her, but have the bulk to survive an Ice Beam.

Personally I would replace Forretress with Donphan, as both can set up SR and spin, and Donphan doesn't have Forretress' crippling 4x weakness to fire.
  12. Superpowerdude

Mentor

i am aware that some specs ice beamers can KO latias when whe hasnt set up. but with a little predicotin it is not to hard to play around i can send in Heatran and then set up a sub on the switch etc. even scrafty, rotom and foretress would take the ice beam pretty well. however i will try the donphan as it sounds interasting although it increase my ice type weakness. thanks for the help!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)