Laws of Attraction

Approved by Eevee General and The Immortal

[VampireSelene13]

Laws f Attraction

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, Togetic The Cupid was sad. She was sad because her mystical power of making Pokémon fall in love by piercing them with tiny love arrows was not working anymore. She must have missed something, she thought. That's it! A good fix to the chemical formula of the arrows should do it. And who better to ask about chemistry than the beloved Professor Pi? And so saying, she darted off to meet Professor Pi.
When she heard thunder rumbling and cracking from the ground, she knew she was nearby Professor Pi, for he was always electrifying! "Professor, Professor!", she cried out, "Can you please fix me a good formula for my love arrows?"

"Why sure", said Professor Pi, "Give me a moment." After an hour of waiting, Professor Pi came back with an odd-looking liquid. He promised that it would make Pokémon fall in love with each other. Togetic The Cupid was happier than ever. She immediately loaded the liquid on to her arrows and darted off to shoot them on Pokémon. Little did Togetic The Cupid know that she was going to cause all sorts of trouble. The real Professor Pi had actually gone away to attend a conference on Mega Evolution.

The formula was given to her by the naughty trouble-maker Zorua, who was very good with disguises. Zorua had somehow stolen Professor Pi's recipe for the Love Potion and made his own edits in it. Instead of boiling one teaspoon of a Togetic's tear, he included a jolt of a Magneton's electricity and spare parts.

To this day, Togetic The Cupid keeps on shooting those arrows on Pokémon without considering its nasty side-effect: That the formula gave all Pokémon an intrinsic ability similar to Magneton's Magnet Pull, where they were able to trap opposing Pokémon with their Primary Type. Thankfully, at least Ghost Type Pokémon didn't seem to be affected by this since the arrows simply went through them.

Poor, poor Togetic.

Last edited:
And so, instead of making Pokémon fall in love, the formula was to add an additional flare to a Pokémon's Primary Typing so that other Pokémon of the same Type get irresistibly attracted to it. But isn't that a good thing? Well, no.
So Pokémon of the same primary type (Aggron (Steel/Rock) x Metagross (Steel/Psychic) but not Aggron (Steel/Rock) x Scizor (Bug/Steel)) are attracted to each other... Is gender ignored for this effect?

Meanwhile,

It just happened so that it would enrage the Pokémon to fight each other uncontrollably at the same time.
Here, I don't understand. Are they confused or suffering from Taunt or Torment?

So Pokémon of the same primary type (Aggron (Steel/Rock) x Metagross (Steel/Psychic) but not Aggron (Steel/Rock) x Scizor (Bug/Steel)) are attracted to each other... Is gender ignored for this effect?

Meanwhile,

Here, I don't understand. Are they confused or suffering from Taunt or Torment?
If you're confused, ignore the OP. The second post explains everything you need to know.

Anything with Belly Drum and a resistance to its own primary type will love this meta.

Darmanitan @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Eliminate all faster/priority foes, come into a Fire-type, Belly Drum and destroy enemy team. No Flare Blitz because you already lose enough HP on Belly Drum.

Anything with Belly Drum and a resistance to its own primary type will love this meta.

Darmanitan @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Eliminate all faster/priority foes, come into a Fire-type, Belly Drum and destroy enemy team. No Flare Blitz because you already lose enough HP on Belly Drum.
That's easier said than done. And it's best to run Scarf + UTurn so you can trap a Hippowdon and KO with Landorus.

Actually, it's best to use UTurn or VSwitch on anything that can learn it.

And how exactly are single type pokemon supposed to be trapped? I'm guessing they can't, so you can make a team of 6 with those (extra bonus if the type resists itself and you have setup, or the type is SE against itself or you have coverage for your own type) without ever worrying about getting trapped, considering most ghosts have crappy secondary typings to trap with.

And how exactly are single type pokemon supposed to be trapped? I'm guessing they can't, so you can make a team of 6 with those (extra bonus if the type resists itself and you have setup, or the type is SE against itself or you have coverage for your own type) without ever worrying about getting trapped, considering most ghosts have crappy secondary typings to trap with.
Hmm.. I'm not sure why I added that rule. It wasn't in my head when I got it approved. Must have confused it myself.

So yes, even Single Type Pokemon can be trapped i.e. Butterfree can trap Kakuna.

Last edited:
Isn't the OP where all of the important information's supposed to be, though?
The OP still states the idea of the Metagame if you actually read through.

I'd just like my Metas to have a flavour or fantasy to it. That way, if and when you get to play it, you'll get some thing more out of it.

If you're that kind who'd want the nitty gritty and none of the fantasy, just read through the second post, which as stated isn't very far from the second post.

I certainly intend to redo the OP a bit.

So I was looking at magnet pull users to laugh at them(lol) when I found that every magnet puller has a primary type that isn't steel. So DragMag and Proboass are still useful.

So I was looking at magnet pull users to laugh at them(lol) when I found that every magnet puller has a primary type that isn't steel. So DragMag and Proboass are still useful.
Heatran is a great Steel trapper, granted. Lucrio might trap-sweep with SD and ESpeed + CC combo.

But I'm guessing we'll see more Scarfers than these.

Heatran is a great Steel trapper, granted. Lucrio might trap-sweep with SD and ESpeed + CC combo.

But I'm guessing we'll see more Scarfers than these.
wat. why am I being quoted here. my post was about pokemon that can trap two types(one of them can even be a secondary type).

EV

Banned deucer.
I think Normal will be very interesting. Chansey is a target for getting trapped and for trapping at the same time. She'll hate that she can't switch out to remove status anymore, so she'll want Heal Bell to avoid getting Toxic stalled. She'll probably carry Toxic herself to whittle down other Normal-types that can't KO her first.

Also, the following types can PerishTrap:
  • Water - Politoed, Lapras, Dewgong, Azumarill
  • Ice - Jynx
  • Psychic - Celebi
  • Normal - Meloetta, Wigglytuff
  • Dragon - Altaria
  • Dark - Absol, Murkrow/Honchkrow
  • Bug - Kricketune
  • Ground - Marowak
Celebi, Altaria, and the Krows have the advantage of quick recovery (Recover/Roost), but Wish isn't a bad idea with Perish Song since you can burn 2 turns when you add in Protect. Wigglytuff, Jynx, and Absol can Wish/Protect stall the timer.

Azumarill has great potential to Perish Trap with Sap Sipper. Perish Song / Protect / Rest / filler w/Chesto Berry can rustle quite a bit of jimmies.

Snorlax has overall bulk and can effectively trap Normal Types.

wat. why am I being quoted here. my post was about pokemon that can trap two types(one of them can even be a secondary type).
Simply expanding on your post about Steel Trappers. I understand what you're saying.

Last edited:
I think what will really shine in this metagame are pokemon who can hit their primary typing super effectively while also resisting that same typing, or can just hit it really hard.

Mega Altaira
Kyurem-B
Mega Lopunny
Mega Venusaur/Amoongus
Hawlucha
Mega Pinsir
Mega Medicham
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Abamosnow
Camerupt
Volcanion

Speaking of Volcanion, what is your stance on unreleased 'mons? I personally think it would be nice to have a Heatran Trapper that isn't Lucario, or maybe even Scarf Hoopa (Unbound) to beat psychic types.

Speaking of Volcanion, what is your stance on unreleased 'mons? I personally think it would be nice to have a Heatran Trapper that isn't Lucario, or maybe even Scarf Hoopa (Unbound) to beat psychic types.
No unreleased Pokémon. Sorry. There are plenty of good options. And it's not like you have to trap a Mon to kill it. Trapping is a bonus. You can still wall a Heatran with Chansey. Or trap normally with Dugtrio.

Tornadus and Noivern might see some use as nothing else can trap Flying-Types (unless you prey on the primary type or really want to use Noibat)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)