1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

LC CCAT (Version III) [Ladder Race won by iss] See Post #236

Discussion in 'BW LC' started by Electrolyte, Jan 29, 2013.

1. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

2. TPM

TPM

blarajan's Shell Smash Tirtouga
  3. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude is an official Custom Title Rater
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor

4. scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer is a pious radio
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

iss's Snover. Because seriously, only that, Porygon and Riolu can check Sand teams reliably.
  5. Chieliee

Chieliee

blara ss tirt
  6. lousy918

lousy918

blarajan's face
  7. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

Hawkstar's Scarfoo
  8. Nozzle

Nozzle

Scarf Chinchou
  9. macle

macle frog jesus died for your sins
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

blarajan's Shell Smash Tirtouga
  10. Axisotaku

Axisotaku

11. apt-get

apt-get 笑っている 今が愛おしくて ひとりじゃないと思った
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Blara's SMASHTOUGA
  12. Icicle Fissh

Icicle Fissh

Blarajan's Shell Smash Tirtouga.

If we are trying to "overwhelm" walls instead of check them, this is the thing to do it bearing in mind our current team!
  13. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

It seems as if everyone is voting for blarajan's Tirtouga. As I was torn between it and Hawkstar's Mienfoo, my vote is for Hawkstar
  14. Good_Luck!

Good_Luck!

SS Tirtouga from blarajan.
  15. Skittle

Skittle

blarajan's SS Tirtouga... It's so cute...
  16. tehy

tehy

Blarajan's SS tirtouga
  17. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

lol ok blara
  18. blarajan

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I win. Electrolyte is a shit, so I'm updating this.

[​IMG]
    Murkrow @ Eviolite
    Trait: Prankster
    Level: 5
    EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
    Jolly nature
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird
    - Sucker Punch

[​IMG]
    Drifloon @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spd / 36 SAtk / 4 Def / 4 SDef
    Naive Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Shadow Ball
    - Substitute / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power something else
    - Destiny Bond

[​IMG]
    Tirtouga (M) @ Splash Plate
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 84 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 180 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Shell Smash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet

I get another .5 points.

Time for the next round of nominations!

Concept: "Overwhelming Offense

Purpose: Create a team that is meant to overwhelm a specific Pokemon's checks and counters (that isn't SandMag and is thus less well checked) in order to set up a sweep for the other thing.*

Description: Things are easy to wear down in this tier. I'm sure spamming Fire types or Water types or Fighting types or something can lead to some sort of sweep.

Things to Consider:
    Offenses greatest nemeses, Drilbur and Murkrow
    Handling the tier
    BEING STRONG

Sorry not much detail...just "spam Pokemon checked by the same stuff to WIN IT VIGOROUSLY"
  19. Icicle Fissh

Icicle Fissh

[​IMG]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 232 SAtk / 52 Def / 224 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Heal Bell

Sorry if anyone wanted to submit a similar set >.<
    I think Chinchou would help out the team, as Corckscrew has previously mentioned, it is a nice momentum grabber. This set can help check some bulky waters that currently are a handful to the team, like Slowpoke and Tentacool. The bulky spread was chosen over Choice Scarf, as not only is Heal Bell a nice boon, but a bulky pivot is nice for even the most offensively inclined team, to take the odd hit. Though the team is obviously not built around defensive synergy, all 3 current members are weak to Electric, allowing Chinchou many switch in opportunities to either act as a handy cleric to get rid of the status that offensive teams hate or to fire off a powerful attack to soften up walls or, in the case of Volt Switch, provide us with necessary momentum.
  20. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]
    Snow Warning | Choice Scarf | Naive
    108 Atk / 188 SpA / 196 Spe
    - Blizzard
    - Ice Shard
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power Ground​

Maybe it's a good idea to not straight-up die to Sand? After all, Sand teams are one of the biggest problems for heavy offense teams- their innate speed gives them a huge advantage over even the fastest sweepers, who will most likely take damage while setting up. Drifloon can speed tie with Drilbur, but it can't kill it without getting a Destiny Bond off. Murkrow can do some nice damage with Sucker Punch, but Eviolite versions will just shrug it off. If Stealth Rock is on the field, Tirtouga can't take down Sandshrew or Drilbur alone, either. Additionally, all of our current sweepers hate Lileep and Ferroseed, two things that are heavily used on sand teams. Snover is able to patch up the problem we have, as a conservatively played Snover can dismantle even the best sand teams. Choice Scarf Snover is not only easy to use, it is effective. It has decent synergy with Murkrow and Drifloon, and more importantly, they share similar counters in Steel-types. Snover can catch out Steel-types with a surprise Hidden Power, and even if your prediction fails, nothing will enjoy repeated Blizzards, Brave Birds, and Acrobatics. The passive hail also heavily benefits our sweepers, allowing them to stall with Substitute to pick up those pesky 2HKOes. Simply put, Snover plugs a critical hole in our team, while simultaneously creating opportunities for our main core to sweep, and providing that bit of extra damage with Snow Warning.
  21. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

[​IMG]

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 28 HP / 240 SAtk / 240 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Flash Cannon
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Fire]/[Ice]The one Drifloon doesn't use

Now that we have some sweepers, we need ways to get them in safely. Scarfnemite, outspeeding all unboosted pokemon in lc, is capable of bringing in our frailer sweepers with volt switch. It hits 20 spa, so it is no slouch, capable of getting many significant 2hkos. With HP Ice, it gets perfect neutral coverage, or HP Fire could be used to trap and roast steels such as Ferroseed, which could otherwise cause a lot of trouble. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are both power stabs, capable of late-game cleanup if necessary. All in all, Scarfnemite would be great for our team.
  22. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I like Snover and its ability to use Blizzard to break down checks to floon and krow, but if we decide to roll with it we need to consider changing Sturdy for Solid Rock on Tirtouga.
  23. Rowan

Rowan not a professor
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

This probably should accredited to spuds4ever, but I didn't know if he was gonna re-submit or not. Anyway, I think Drilbur works great for this team. Rapid Spin is almost a necessity now with 2 SR weak mons and a mon that relies on sturdy. As I said, when I submitted Chinchou last round, having an electric resist, prevents our opponent switching in on Krow or Tirtouga and spamming volt-switch. Stealth Rock is obviously great on an offensive team, wearing down our checks even more. Drilbur is checked by many of the same things that Tirtouga is checked by (grass types) so it might be nice to get some damage off on them with Drilbur, paving the way for a Tirtouga sweep. For this reason I've added X-Scissor as an option as that does a bit more damage to Lileep. (Although probably not enough more to warrant a move slot).

As for Chinchou, I'd prefer Ice Beam on the set, again just to hit Lileep with, especially out of sand when it is a high chance to 2HKO with rocks (and even higher with Hail hint, hint). I'd put it over Heal Bell because at the moment with this team I'd rather be spamming offensive moves than wasting time with Heal Bell (I know Drilbur has rocks and Rapid Spin but rocks can be set up early game, and looking at our team it's hard to deny that hazards are much more of a problem that status at the moment).
  24. kingmidas

kingmidas

I am using this guy for another round it is great to deal with many fast threats and can take a hit and blarajan electro is on vacation that is why he did not post a next round start

blaraedit: would have been nice if he told me that =(
    Kingedit: he only told me cause I asked him to play LC we go at it a lot
  25. blarajan

Just posting to say I am in 100% support of Drilbur at this time. I believe with Drilbur we'll have an insane ability to smash through some of the same Pokemon (getting damage on Lileep and stuff), Stealth Rock to help wear down stuff, and Rapid Spin to keep our SR weak Pokemon + Sturdy man happy. I think it's absolutely perfect for right now.

We can worry about other things with the last two slots imo.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)