LC Extended [December Leader's Choice ladder]

My god this looks so cool. A lot of cool "bad" mons will be able to do something decent. I have some ideas

Whismur @ Life Orb
Ability: Rattled
Level: 5
EVs: 92 Def / 188 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Substitute / Extrasensory

13 spee is not good yeah, but under sweb, it is decent. Also Rattled is really cool if you can grab a speed boost.

188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-19 (76.1 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Fire Blast vs. 84 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 26-31 (118.1 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 140 SpD Eviolite Honedge: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Boomburst vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 12-16 (46.1 - 61.5%) -- 68.4% chance to 2HKO
188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Fire Blast vs. 204 HP / 236+ SpD Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-18 (52 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188 SpA Life Orb Whismur Ice Beam vs. 76 HP / 76 SpD Archen: 21-26 (91.3 - 113%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Deino @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 180 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake / U-Turn
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Cool thing who checks Pawniard, Vullaby, Snivy and hits really hard. U-Turn and Stone Edge are decent too I guess, or even Tailwind.

Tynamo @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 18 HP
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch / Fire Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Seems decent as finisher, I will test.

Really nice OM I think :]

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Also, why is there no baton pass clause?
From your replay:

Streak000 joined.
P1101560 joined.
Format:
LC Extended
Rated battle

Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Spe and other stats simultaneously
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
Also sand is a lot of fun in LC extended.

EV

Banned deucer.
RE: move incompatibilities. Due to coding restrictions, if a Pokemon evolves into more than one other Pokemon (think Eevee, Nincada, Tyrogue, etc), you can only borrow moves from one of its evolutions at a time. The other errors should be fixed soon.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Alright, so I'm guessing the reason is that in trying to make it so that all moves from the evolved forms were legal they screwed up in making sure that the BP clause worked, since it acts on the teambuilding side.

This should be fixed, and probably given higher priority than making sure you can get moves from multiple evolved forms, since otherwise it is an absurd strategy.

Caterpie is now viable Noibat now has access to boomburst and could be viable Eevee also now has every boosting move known to man

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I'm trying to create a bulky Rufflet set for this tier and I can't decide what ability to use

Rufflet (M) @ Eviolite
Ability:
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Superpower
- Roost

My problem here is that sheer force would be useless, I've always had atrocious luck with hustle missing and I don't want to use hone claws because I want the defense boost, and I would only use keen eye for shits and giggles

Any suggestions?

Also starly gets bb and cc :)

I heard about Beldum having more than 5 moves in this meta, so I decided to check it out. I shall make a team soon.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Time for mini ninja!

Froakie @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Lvl: 5
EVs: I have no idea how to EV LCmons
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot / Low Kick / Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse / Ice Beam / Hydro Pump
- Taunt / Toxic Spikes / Arcobatics

Super 4MMS syndrome. Froakie's hazard setter set can be very potent thanks to acess to a fast Taunt AND Spikes. Its main attacks are very varied. Gunk Shot enables it to breal bulky Faeries, while Low Kick enables it to hit bulky steels and Lickitung. Water Shuriken gives it powerful priority that breaks Sturdy. Dark 0Pulss would be its main STAB, being realible and smashs spinblockers. Ice Beam can also be used to hit Defoggers if spinblocking isn't a problem.
Hydro Pump is stupidly powerful, but unreliable. Taunt is usually the most used option there in the last slot, but both T.Spikes and Acrobatics have their uses, especially when running F.Sash

i think the best overall coverage for froakie is extrasensory/ice beam/hp fire. pychisc attacks get v. good coverage vs the multitude of popular poison- and fighting-types in lc. lo extrasensory ohkoes standard fastfoo and does a shit ton to everything else. ice beam does a ton to common mons such as archen and drilbur (both ohkoed). hp fire bops ferroseed who otherwise completely walls froakie, although that slot is flexible and you can easily run stuff like water stab/uturn/whatever the fuck you want. just don't run low kick since all the cutemons down here are light and get hit for a measly 20 bp.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so I'm guessing the reason is that in trying to make it so that all moves from the evolved forms were legal they screwed up in making sure that the BP clause worked, since it acts on the teambuilding side.

This should be fixed, and probably given higher priority than making sure you can get moves from multiple evolved forms, since otherwise it is an absurd strategy.
Lol. Dat Torchic thou. High Jump Kick/FlareBlitz. What's better, Rufflet or Starly.

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think starly would hit harder with lo / band + reckless but i cant rule out a scarf set since it gets work done. plus it gets cc which doesnt lower it's atk/def like ruff's superpower does. a lot of starly's good move combos strains it's longevity since it wants to run high risk moves like cc / double edge / brave bird to overwhelm it's foes. plus it does get roost + uturn in the last slot to either heal or escape. prefer uturn since healing will be hard and it's better to just toss hw buneary as support so you can bash with it later.

but rufflet has more bulk and survivability. sub roost + bu is a cool set and brave bird is a nice move that isnt immune to anything but has a lot fo resists. or you can lo attacker with rock slide / brave / return with hustle but enjoy missing a lot zzz.

sucky part is that they are hitting the same speed. maybe try em both out and see who is better suited.

also special torch is still better simply bc 70spa cant be ignored but it now gets ko from blaze meaning it can punish switchins and break through teams midgame by outspeeding common shit after a sb proc and nailing them with fire blast. the offense set sorely misses the coverage from rock slide / hp grass however.

edit: starly is weak compared to rufflet unless band so disregard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)