LC Good Noodle Award for Excellent Posting

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OP adapted from others posted
by Django, kokoloko, and Raseri
and Flames Kiyo

Welcome LC community members!

The moderation team has decided that it's high time some incentive for posting in this fine forum was created. We want to recognize all of our excellent posters, and the constant efforts they put into our forum. As such, we are introducing the Good Noodle Award. The idea is that every two weeks the LC Moderation team will select one user who has been a particularly good poster in the sub forum. If you win this award, your name will be featured in this thread for all to see, along with links to several of your exemplary posts. Winning this award multiple times can lead to some other future awards, and maybe even some pretty pixels in your post bit.

What defines a good poster, you may ask? Well, I'll try to break down a list of criteria. Please note that this list is by no means exhaustive, but it should give you a good idea on how to succeed:​
  • Quality of posts. Overall, your posts should be worth reading. Readers of your posts will gain insight about the topic at hand or the metagame in general. You participate in projects and help out in the Simple Questions / Answers thread. Your posts are coherent and to the point. Your posts are mature. I'm not saying you're a statue and you have to be stoic, but there is a place for humor. You need to know how to use it in moderation.
  • Know and follow the rules. You can't create new threads just to ask a question. You can't disrespect other users. You can't whine about banning or unbanning things. You can’t post one-liners in threads, unless those threads specifically call for it (i.e. voting for battle of the week, nominating something for teambuilding workshop). You can't necro bump threads. Things of that nature, if you have any questions please ask a moderator.
  • Keep out of trouble. With this, I mean mostly in the LC forum, but it can also be applied to other forums, PS, and IRC. This especially applies if you win multiple times and get nominated for a badge. Being an excellent LC poster but a shitty person will get your potential badge nomination denied almost every time.
Of course, there are other things you could do to gain an upper-hand in receiving this award, but this should give you a good idea where to start. If you can follow these simple rules and spark some discussion in the forum, then you are already on your way to being a GOOD Noodle!

Good Noodle Award Winners:

Celestavian

Last edited:
Question:

Does the wit and/or entertainment value of a post or poster factor into the process of selecting a winner of the Good Noodle Award?

Thanks,

Infamy

P.S. Do you like how professional I'm being with this fancy grammar and pretty formatting? :D

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I'm late with this announcement, but the winner of the first LC Good Noodle Award for Excellent Posting goes to Celestavian! Though already well known within the community, Hawkstar's contributions to the Viability Rankings and Metagame Discussion thread are admirable to say the least and I'm certain nothing is going to be able to top his "Timburr vs. The Metagame" post anytime soon. Hopefully those struggling to jump into the LC forums can use Hawk's posting as a reference. Congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)