Tournament LC Live Suspect Tours

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So along with the current Diglett suspect, we will be hosting suspect tours. The premise of these is that they are live tours played using the suspect metagame (Diglett banned) and the winner of each tour is granted a vote for the suspect (call it reqs if you want). While I haven't determined exactly how many of these there will be, there will only be four at the most (The aim is for 2-3, but four might happen).

Assorted members of the community have been chosen to host these tours and will post in this thread with dates for each tour as they are finalized.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Why is it necessary to prevent people with reqs from participating? If we limit the number of players who can join, then we might end up having people get reqs with like four games which seems pretty dumb. I think what's usually done is that if someone who already has reqs wins, then we just give reqs to the highest placed player who doesn't have reqs, with tiebreakers if necessary.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Why is it necessary to prevent people with reqs from participating? If we limit the number of players who can join, then we might end up having people get reqs with like four games, which is pretty dumb. I think what's usually done is that if someone who already has reqs wins, then we just give reqs to the highest placed player who doesn't have reqs, with tiebreakers if necessary.
that doesn't give an incentive to players with reqs to seriously play in finals, though, since the outcome of the match is already decided.

that doesn't give an incentive to players with reqs to seriously play in finals, though, since the outcome of the match is already decided.
There's no incentive for them to play seriously throughout the whole thing, not just the finals. If someone is joining when they already have reqs, it's just for fun.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
There's no incentive for them to play seriously throughout the whole thing, not just the finals. If someone is joining when they already have reqs, it's just for fun.
the point is if we have someone w reqs VS. someone w/o reqs on finals, the user w/o reqs doenst have motivation to play. and a user w reqs isnt gonna win anything if he wins the tour, so It would be better if we give "more chances" to the useruser w/o reqs o_o

fuck english

That's the same time smogtour is starting, would it be possible to change this to a more convenient time for players that want to participate in both?

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There will be a suspect tour at 8:30pm EST, roughly in 40 minutes. (void won)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)