Metagame LC OM Megathread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Rowan
This thread will provide a home for all LC OMs, having tiering information for the 3 biggest ones, LC STABmons, LC AAA, and LC Monotype. Each tier will function independently, having their own councils, TLs, and suspect tests. These OMs will function like any other metas. Posts in this thread should be about suspect tests, changes in viability rankings, thoughts about the meta, and generally all things pertaining to these metas.

################

LC AAA

Metagame Information: This is normal LC, with a few changes. Pokemon can have almost any ability in the game. This creates interesting sets and strategies that would otherwise not exist, making for a very fun meta.
TL: Melonz
Council: Omastar42 trash

Banned Abilities: Adaptability, Arena Trap, Contrary, Fur Coat, Gale Wings, Huge Power, Imposter, Parental Bond, Pure Power, Sand Veil, Shadow Tag, Simple, Snow Cloak, Speed Boost, Wonder Guard, Protean

Banned Items: Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Smooth Rock

Banned Pokemon: Archen, Gligar, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Swirlix, Tangela,

Some Notable Pokemon:

- Pawniard (Tough Claws)

- Ponyta (No Guard, Drought)

- Timburr (Magnet Pull)

- Misdreavus (Prankster, Tinted Lens, Magic Bounce)

- Taillow (Magic Guard, Aerilate)

- Fletchling (Gale Wings)

- Pancham (Regenerator)

- Larvesta (Magic Guard, Regenerator, Prankster)

- Ferroseed (Regenerator, Prankster, Flash Fire)

- Darumaka (Magic Guard, Unburden)

- Zigzagoon (Scrappy, Mold Breaker, Tinted Lens, Sturdy)

- Shelmet (Prankster)

- Foongus (Prankster)

- Mienfoo (Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)

- Drilbur (Refrigerate, Aerilate)

- Houndour (Pixilate)

- Yanma (Speed Boost, Serene Grace, Download)

- Spritzee (Sticky Hold)

- Staryu (Drizzle)

- Numel (Desolate Land)

- Snubbull (Regenerator)

- Nosepass (Regenerator)

- Honedge (Flash Fire, Levitate, Regenerator)

- Porygon (Unaware, Magic Bounce, Regenerator)

Sample Teams

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Sunny Day
- Inferno
- Solar Beam

Pawniard @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 120 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Return

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 124 HP / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore
This is a FWG offense team with some of the most popular sets from LC AAA. The goal is to sweep with Pawniard, Ponyta, or Mienfoo. Tough Claws Foo is used to outspeed and OHKO Pony after Rocks while also 2HKOIng Spritzee with Poison Jab after Rocks. Regenerator Chinchou is a solid check to Fletchling (RIP Gale Wings Doduo) and is just a generally great pivot. No Guard Pony puts stuff to sleep, burns stuff, and lures waters. Tough Claws Pawniard is still incredibly powerful and a potent sweeper. Drilbur sets up Rocks and can't be spinblocked thanks to Refrigerate, and hits hard with Ground/Ice's great coverage. Prankster Foongus is a check to sweepers that can sleep things and then paralyze whatever comes in afterwards. Overall nice basic team that should be easy for beginners to use.

WaterMelon (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Cantaloupe (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Galia (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Drought
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Casaba (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

HoneyDew (Cubone) @ Thick Club
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch

Canary (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Roost/U-turn

This is a weather based team which aims to weaken the opposing team and sweep with Chlorophyll Cubone. Ferroseed is the teams Water Type resist and is a great switch-in to pretty much anything because of Regenerator and Leech Seed. Ferroseed is also the teams hazard mon and can Paralyze annoying mons with TWave. Timburr is here because it's pretty much the most annoying mon is AAA LC. It traps shit like Pawniard and Magnemite and absolutely obliterates their soul, and it can set up with Bulk Up to make the situation even worse for the opponent. Ponyta is here to set up Sun for Cubone and to make good use of it itself, as it helps it's recovery, strengthens Fire Blast and takes a full turn off of using Solar Beam. Pawniard is here because it has priority in Sucker Punch and it hits too hard, and Swords Dance is a cute alternate win condition. Chlorophyll Cubone is a fucking monster and it will flat out KO anything with Stealth Rocks down if it has been Knocked Off, and it's bulky enough to take it's fair share of physical attacks, taking ~60% from a Fletchling Acrobatics. Regenerator Vullaby has a spot because it can switch into Fighting Type attacks and helps take care of hazards. Run Roost if you like having Vullaby not dead and run U-turn if you want to lure in Pawn and trap it with Magnet Pull Timburr. This team was made like 9 months ago so it's weak to most of the newer threats such as Speed Boost Yanma and No Guard Ponyta, but they can (kind of) be played around.

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Carvanha @ Life Orb
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Recycle

Pancham @ Eviolite
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Parting Shot

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Thunder Wave

This an offensive team based around Speed Boost Yanma and Carvanha. Yanma's job is to sweep weakened teams, or damage the opposing team enough for Carvanha to sweep through it. Carvanha's job is either to break for Yanma or sweep itself. Pawniard earned itself a spot by being autisticly powerful with Tough Claws boosted STAB Knock Offs, which remove Eviolites for Yanma and Carvanha to sweep. Pawniard also provides the team with an alternate win condition with Swords Dance, and adds to the fast paced play style with priority in Sucker Punch. Levitate Magnemite is on the team for very few reasons, and the main one is to trick Speed Boost Yanmas, which usually run HP Ground, into going for it while you KO them with a Volt Switch. Magnemite also serves as Refrigerate Drilbur check as it no longer has Mold Breaker and it can retain momentum with Volt Switch. Regenerate Pancham found a spot on the team as a Pawniard check and good defensive partner with Snubbull, and Knock Off is a huge plus. Regenerate Snubbull is the team's Fighting Type check, which also has Close Combat to lure and fuck up Pawniard switch-ins, Crunch to catch Ghosts, and TWave to slow down shit that's getting out of hand.

################

LC STABmons
Metagame Information: Pokemon can have any move of their type. this means that pokemon like numel can have precipice blades, blast burn, etc.

TL: TBD
Council: TBD
Rules:

Normal Clause: You cannot use two normal types moves on a pokemon that does not learn them

Banned Pokemon: Gligar, Meditite, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Swirlix, Tangela, Yanma

Banned Moves: Chatter

Banned Items: King's Rock, Razor Fang

Will be edited

Sample Teams
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Horn Leech
- Aromatherapy / Gear Grind

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Frillish @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Origin Pulse / Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Porygon @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot
- Roost

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast

A semistall team, based around checking a lot of things. Onix can act as a suicide lead, but it's often better to wait around till Fletchling is gone before sacking it. It is still able to work as a pivot, pivoting into normals/flyers and setting up. Ferroseed/Ponyta/Frillish form a good FWG core which can also check a lot of things, Pony+Frillish provide a lot of burns. Porygon is my rapid spinner and all-round check to many things. Vullaby also gives me a good all round check to a lot of stuff, including GeoCotton and Timburr who could be threatening. Main threat for the team is Pawniard, keep Ponyta healthy for it then burn it.

Venipede @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 HP / 44 Def / 44 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Sticky Web
- Spikes
- Endeavor

Frillish @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Gear Grind
- Brick Break

Lickitung @ Berry Juice
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Cottonee @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 228 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Encore
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Magby @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 236 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- V-create
- Sacred Fire
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

BellyTung is fantastic. Venipede sets up Sticky Webs, which is super cool. Frillish spinblocks, Pawniard Defog 'blocks'. Cottonee is a good all round check to things, including fighters. Magby outspeeds like everything under sticky web, and webs allows it to spam v-create more easily. It also checks Pawniard. Lickitung outspeeds any non-scarfer under webs, and has great coverage.

################

LC Monotype
Metagame information: this is normal LC, except that All pokemon on a team must be of the same type, or in the case of dual types, have one type in common.

TL: RZL2000
Council: Sae Sae, inscribe, Nineage, Anttya
normal LC banlist, Meditite is unbanned for mono psychic, misdreavus is unbanned

S RankPokémon who are almost a necessity to run on their respective types, this are thePokémon who define their type.

Normal
Porygon
Bunnelby
Zigzagoon
Taillow

Fighting
Mienfoo
Croagunk
Timburr

Flying
Archen
Vullaby

Poison
Skrelp
Gastly
Foongus

Ground
Drilbur
Hippopotas

Rock
Amaura
Omanyte
Tirtouga
Lileep

Bug
Larvesta
Dwebble
Anorith

Ghost
Misdreavus
Gastly

Steel
Pawniard
Ferroseed
Magnemite

Fire
Vulpix
Ponyta
Larvesta

Water
Chinchou
Tirtouga
Staryu

Grass
Foongus
Snivy
Ferroseed
Cottonee

Electric
Chinchou
Magnemite
Elekid

Psychic
Abra
Meditite
Gothita

Ice
Amaura
Bergmite

Dragon
Tyrunt
Dratini

Dark
Vullaby
Pawniard
Carvanha
Stunky

Fairy
Spritzee
Snubbull
Cottonee

A Rank Pokémon who are very good and can handle some weakness of their type. They are Pokémon who are good on their respected types, and help define their type.

Normal
Doduo
Aipom
Mincinno
Munchlax

Fighting
Scraggy
Riolu
Pancham

Flying
Natu
Taillow
Doduo

Poison
Koffing
Croagunk

Ground
Sandshrew
Diglett
Wooper

Rock
Dwebble
Cranidos

Bug
Pineco
Surskit

Ghost
Pumpkaboo-Super
Golett
Honedge

Steel
Honedge
Bronzor

Fire
Torchic
Darumaka
Houndour

Water
Surskit
Carvanha
Froakie
Clamperl
Skrelp
Shellder
Mantyke

Grass
Treeko
Bellsprout
Chespin

Electric
Joltik
Helioptile

Psychic
Slowpoke
Baltoy
Natu

Ice
Snover
Swinub

Dragon
Gible
Noibat

Dark
Houndour
Zorua
Scraggy

Fairy
Azurill

B rank are Pokemon who help out their types with their specific niches, but need support to do so. This Pokémon have niches which help define their type.
Normal
Bunneary
Meowth
Litleo

Fighting
Machop
Mankey

Flying
Drifloon
Mantyke

Poison
Trubbish
Tentacool

Ground
Sandile
Onix
Larvitar

Rock
Tyrunt
Aron
Anorith

Bug
Joltik

Ghost
Frillish

Steel
Aron

Fire
Magby
Numel
Growlithe

Water
Wooper
Frillish
Tentacool
Slowpoke

Grass
Lileep
Pumpkaboo-Super

Electric
Voltorb

Psychic
Bronzor
Inkay
Mime Jr.

Ice
Smoochum
Spheal

Dragon
Axew
Deino

Dark
Purrloin

Fairy
Togepi
Mime Jr.

All three metas are largely unexplored and therefore have no council or viability rankings, so therefore based on posts in this thread I will choose a TL and council, who will then make the viability rankings.

Have fun!

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, before we continue further I feel like each OM with any semblance of a playerbase should have a TL from the get-go or else things are going to be a mess for obvious reasons.
I don't know if I'm in a position to do so, but I would like to start off by nominating a few people who maybe qualifed to do act as TLs, provided they are willing to do so, of course -
Monotype:
RZL2000 is basically the only dedicated LC player I know who also plays Monotype heavily, so his experience in both will probably come in handy. Maybe there are others that fit this bill, but at the very least rzl is somewhat recognizable, at least on the PS side of things.
STABmons:
Heysup won the STABmons tour from a while back, so there's that. He's also well respected across the LC community and probably has too much free time anyway judging from the metagame discussion thread
boo836 perhaps isn't the most popular guy around, but he's already tried reviving LC STABmons a few times in the past, so he probably has a fair amount of experience in it.

Also, LC BH hype !!! It was a lot of fun when some of us tried playing it over the summer, and I don't see why it'd be less so now. LC Ubers are usually allowed, I think, since Ubers are allowed in standard BH, so birdspam is sort of decent i guess

Hi, before we continue further I feel like each OM with any semblance of a playerbase should have a TL from the get-go or else things are going to be a mess for obvious reasons.
I don't know if I'm in a position to do so, but I would like to start off by nominating a few people who maybe qualifed to do act as TLs, provided they are willing to do so, of course -
Monotype:
RZL2000 is basically the only dedicated LC player I know who also plays Monotype heavily, so his experience in both will probably come in handy. Maybe there are others that fit this bill, but at the very least rzl is somewhat recognizable, at least on the PS side of things.
STABmons:
Heysup won the STABmons tour from a while back, so there's that. He's also well respected across the LC community and probably has too much free time anyway judging from the metagame discussion thread
boo836 perhaps isn't the most popular guy around, but he's already tried reviving LC STABmons a few times in the past, so he probably has a fair amount of experience in it.

Also, LC BH hype !!! It was a lot of fun when some of us tried playing it over the summer, and I don't see why it'd be less so now. LC Ubers are usually allowed, I think, since Ubers are allowed in standard BH, so birdspam is sort of decent i guess
I completely agree that we need TLs ASAP, and if those individuals are willing and show that they are willing to manage the metagame I would be more than happy to make them TL.

They need to post though

If BH gets enough support and a TL comes forward I'd be happy to edit it into the OP.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
from prior experience mold breaker surskit is A-rank in AAA

this should be fun though, i'll nom myself for aaa council because i'm lord at it

RIP trash

Levi thanks for the mention. :D
If nobody else would like to take LC Monotype I would gladly as, Monotype and LC are the only tiers I play heavily or at all.
Also highlighting Sae Sae
I know he plays a lot of lc and monotype.

I'll probably decide on TLs in 3 days or so, as to give people wanting to be TL time to post. I'd also like to have a sample teams section to assist people in getting into the metas so post sample teams to be edited into the OP, if possible.

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I do a lot of LC Monotype as RZL2000 says since I'm roommod in Monotype room. Either LC Monotype itself or LC Mono in LC doesn't matter to me, I've done both (even got req's for LC Suspect 4 with a Mono team). I can help RZL manage this if you choose him as TL for Monotype as we're pretty good friends.

Reactions: RZL

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I feel like LC Ubers is more comparable to LC UU so that it warrants its own thread, but I'd be willing to lead it anyhow :o
sparktrain and I started working on some sample sets so I guess we could finish those up.

Anyway, I guess I'll share my LC BH teams from last summer. They reflect whatever BH trends I was exposed to at the time (mostly whatever Kit Kasai swept me with) and were built before the EV cap was implemented so they're probably a bit outdated, but hopefully they're a decent start

My first team that wasn't really built around anything in particular; it's really just a bunch of revenge-killers that can also serve as wincons arbitrarily mashed together and then Tirtouga for birdspam so as to be not be especially weak to a specific threat.
Sneasel @ Eviolite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- V-create
- Knock Off

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 180 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 116 Def / 76 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- ExtremeSpeed
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Misdreavus @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- King's Shield

Murkrow @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpA / 188 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Boomburst
- Knock Off
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Tirtouga @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- King's Shield

This team is built around safely getting Lickitung and Scyther in safely to KO all the right walls, allowing Munchlax to sweep.
Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Moonblast
- Parting Shot

Scyther @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Roost

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Parting Shot

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 156 HP / 236 Atk / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Sneak
- Belly Drum

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Perish Song
- Thousand Waves
- Protect
- Recover

I don't even remember what this one does, I think it was based on one of kit's teams
Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spiky Shield
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Shell Smash

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Infestation
- Perish Song
- Milk Drink
- Spiky Shield

Magnemite @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Recover
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Onix @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 236 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Naughty Nature
- King's Shield
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Shell Smash

Murkrow @ Eviolite
Naughty Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

This is a weather offense team. Chinchou/Clamperl/Ponyta hurt things, Ferroseed/Archen deal with Imposters, and Scyther sets up rocks.
Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy
- Roost

Chinchou @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Steam Eruption

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 Def / 244 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Hurricane
- Steam Eruption
- King's Shield

Ponyta @ Choice Band
Ability: Drought
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Sacred Fire
- V-create
- Diamond Storm

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 164 HP / 108 Def / 228 SpD
Impish Nature
- Parting Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Rapid Spin
- Roost

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 20 Atk / 76 Def / 236 SpD / 36 Spe
Serious Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Diamond Storm
- Parting Shot
- Roost

I have a few other teams but they're even dumber so I don't want to show them

Last edited:
Close friends have known that I've been interested in making this for a while, and I've held off on making it simply because OMs do not have well defined rulesets or playerbases that we ought to start with. However, I'm heartened by the users that are showing interest. I'd love to lead STABMons, though Heysup is likely more experienced than I am.

If Tazz wants help with the OMs, in particular sorting them and putting together resources, I'll be happy to help.

also yas bh hackmons

Not exactly sure what this is, but I'll respectfully decline....

Having time to write 3 minute posts as a break from reading 200 paragraph cases is different than leading something....sorry.

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
might be a dumb or slightly offtopic idea but yea fuk it - tbh everyone seems to miss certain eras of xy, with ones loving pre-pokebank with everything up to sneasel free and others liking using say, XY Murkrow but at the same time hating Tangela.. (myself included) Implementing these micrometas on some server or something could also help to educate newbies chattin dumb stuff - they would get to use 'brokemons' in their actual metagames to find out how it actually was. These micrometas wouldnt need separate TLs if any, and i bet there would be some people interested in replaying "their favourite LC" anytime without spammin everybody for tangma battles. It would be like : sneasel meta, tangma, swirlgar, krowtite, missy meta(?). Entire plan imo needs no TLs because no bans would happen ofc since that'd kill the point. Also, its easy to notice how different is like "current tangma", totally not what we remember due to infinite research time for sets and stuff and players getting more creative/better (think cgcm swirlix discovered very late in its meta or dcaekrow - right now there still are peoples innovating for past lc eras, trust me.. Aint that shit interesting af lol) There could be like one big discussion thread for all of them(no separate threads, or even we could discuss stuff here) and tbh it prob sounds naive but I totally see that idea working as long as people are hypin it properly lol.most interesting thing would be trying to discover new stuff as mentioned above = with few different meta options to pick from it would be like something refreshing with everyone playing them few games in their favourite minimeta when bored of our big oras lc(after laddering session for example)

just an idea, sorry for wall of text but wrote this on phone. Please read though

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Heysup if multiparagraph takedowns of suspect ideas constitutes a relaxing break I have a rhetorical analysis essay that also could be a fun diversion!

Anyway I thnk have here should be separate threads for theorymon / discussion of each meta. Each meta is so distinct it'll be confusing as to what is what in the thread, and having viability ranking debates in STABmons while aaa suspects Pawniard might confuse people. I would have this thread as a stickied hub - have links to the individual discussions from here and use this to make general announcements. Just an idea

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Heysup if multiparagraph takedowns of suspect ideas constitutes a relaxing break I have a rhetorical analysis essay that also could be a fun diversion!

Anyway I thnk have here should be separate threads for theorymon / discussion of each meta. Each meta is so distinct it'll be confusing as to what is what in the thread, and having viability ranking debates in STABmons while aaa suspects Pawniard might confuse people. I would have this thread as a stickied hub - have links to the individual discussions from here and use this to make general announcements. Just an idea
I'm not having the LC forum cluttered with loafs of random threads that just die out eventually. 1 thread is fine. All discussion can take place here, including any other future metagames we decide on like hackmons, lc ubers, lc doubles etc. LCUU is the only one that is having individual threads.

As for the thread, I think what is needed is descriptions of the metagame, and also brief intros+advice for newer players. This is especially important for STABmons, AAA and BHackmons. I have no idea what strategies are popular in BHackmons so if someone wrote that up it'd be cool, e.g. common items/abilities, lists of outclassed pokemon. Same goes for aaa and stabmons. viability rankings aren't important because there's so much variety and exploration to be made that it's too early for viability rankings. each just needs a threatlist+descriptions+sample teams, and the OP could be prettier ^_^

like abs, i don't really care for councils at this minute, early metagames don't need that kind of leadership, just come to a general consensus of quickbans or w/e

I'm not having the LC forum cluttered with loafs of random threads that just die out eventually. 1 thread is fine. All discussion can take place here, including any other future metagames we decide on like hackmons, lc ubers, lc doubles etc. LCUU is the only one that is having individual threads.

As for the thread, I think what is needed is descriptions of the metagame, and also brief intros+advice for newer players. This is especially important for STABmons, AAA and BHackmons. I have no idea what strategies are popular in BHackmons so if someone wrote that up it'd be cool, e.g. common items/abilities, lists of outclassed pokemon. Same goes for aaa and stabmons. viability rankings aren't important because there's so much variety and exploration to be made that it's too early for viability rankings. each just needs a threatlist+descriptions+sample teams, and the OP could be prettier ^_^

like abs, i don't really care for councils at this minute, early metagames don't need that kind of leadership, just come to a general consensus of quickbans or w/e
A while ago, myself and a couple others wrote up a list of abilities that are outclassed by others in AAA. now that adaptability is gone, only minor changes are needed.

STABMons will need a slight overhaul of certain rules given the recent changes in the meta (cough missy), and probably should have a baton pass clause instated, along with ye olde normal type rule

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So what strikes me as interesting in STABmons is the normal types (as usual), since we seem to be lacking a Sableye to avoid ESpeed and invert their boosts. Fletchling also gets an item since it can now use Dragon Ascent over Acrobatics and can pull a full priority set with Extreme Speed and DA.

Shellder gets Water Shuriken, which outclasses both ice shard and razor shell so hard its not even funny. Also pretty much every special water type is probably going to run Steam Eruption (if it's allowed) over almost any other move since it's a Hydro Pump with 95 acc and scald's burn chance.

And of course there are gonna be lots and lots of bunnies.

Seems to me like LC BH needs a full -ate ban instead of just the one user per team than normal hackmons has. LC has no shedinja, chansey(munchlax isn't nearly as good), or things with insane bulk like Giratina or Registeel to be able to actually survive against it. The only way to stop Boomburst + Thousand Arrows Murkrow from getting a kill every time it comes in is soundproof or using sturdy juice which is ridiculous.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
an actual relevant post, cos I loved LC Stabmons when the tour was on, even though i got haxed out like r1 or something, i remember having lots of fun testing with heysup and stuff

normal type rule should be a thing, like it was in the tier (normal types are only allowed 1 move they wouldn't usually get)

dark types are blessed with access to dark void, knock off, sucker punch, parting shot, which made them even better support mons

onix outclasses the standard dwebble set with a lead set of spikes, SR, taunt, rock blast.

Porygon (if the normal type rule exists), runs a fantastic download boomburst set, or can be a fantastic spinner since it easily beats ghosts.

ferroseed can run king's shield or spiky shield with leech seed, it's also a great check to the bellydrum espeeders. it can also go spore, shift gear, horn leech, gear grind

pawniard is boss as fuck, with shift gear, dark void, knock off, gear grind

geomancy cottonee was a massive threat, until people started countering it, with stuff like vital spirit magby. cottonee could also go defensive with moonlight+spore

sticky webs dwebble! ^_^

espeed fletchling was boss as well

bellyspeeders were great, munchlax and lickitung were probably the most effective

So what strikes me as interesting in STABmons is the normal types (as usual), since we seem to be lacking a Sableye to avoid ESpeed and invert their boosts. Fletchling also gets an item since it can now use Dragon Ascent over Acrobatics and can pull a full priority set with Extreme Speed and DA.

Shellder gets Water Shuriken, which outclasses both ice shard and razor shell so hard its not even funny. Also pretty much every special water type is probably going to run Steam Eruption (if it's allowed) over almost any other move since it's a Hydro Pump with 95 acc and scald's burn chance.

And of course there are gonna be lots and lots of bunnies.
tbh i like Corphish a lot more as a Water Shuriken user. Shellder's weak af in comparison.

LO Fletch is fun. Too bad Archen's really good in this meta (Diamond Storm+DA)

couple quick announcements
TLs for LC STABmons and LC Monotype!
I've chosen boo836 and RZL2000 to head LC STABmons and LC Monotype, respectively, based on their interest in their metas previously. They will choose their own councils and develop viability rankings and guides for people entering the metas ASAP, so stay tuned. Because of his experience in both metas, unfixable will be on the LC STABmons council.

I won't be including past metas such as TangMa and and MurkTite in the OP because they are past metas and if they ban anything they will simply become another meta, and I just don't think it's necessary to have them on this thread. If it gets enough support LC Ubers could be here, but I doubt as scyther would be stupidly broken and if it was banned it would just be sneasel meta. If a very large amount of people want them, i'll consider it I guess.

LC BH sounds really cool, but I'd like to get these 3 in order before I introduce any more so that the thread doesn't get too chaotic. I'd also like to eventually get LC Doubles.

Snaquaza has offered to implement the metas on his server, aqua! I'll be communicating with him to make them playable!

Thoughts on metas:

I've been playing a lot of LC AAA and I've found ziggy to be really, really cool and versatile, as depending on its ability it decides what it sets up on, and what it can sweep. If it's sturdy it can set up on many things, but has the same list that checks it. If it's scrappy, ghosts fail to check it. If it's mold breaker, unaware users fail to check it. All three of these metas look really enjoyable and I hope everyone looks into them!

STABmons Common Moves List:

• Quiver Dance
  • Tail Glow
  • Megahorn
  • Bug Buzz
  • Attack Order
  • Heal Order
  • Sticky Web
  • U-turn

• Dark Void
  • Parting Shot
  • Knock Off
  • Memento
  • Nasty Plot
  • Pursuit
  • Sucker Punch
  • Topsy-Turvy
  • Switcheroo

• Dragon Dance
  • Spacial Rend

• Bolt Strike
  • Electrify
  • Nuzzle

• Play Rough
  • Moonblast
  • Moonlight
  • Geomancy

• Close Combat
  • High Jump Kick
  • Mach Punch
  • Vacuum Wave
  • Secret Sword

• Blue Flare
  • Eruption
  • V-create
  • Magma Storm
  • Fiery Dance
  • Sacred Fire

• Dragon Ascent (note: ALWAYS use this over Brave Bird!)
  • Hurricane
  • Oblivion Wing
  • Roost
  • Defog
  • Acrobatics

• Destiny Bond
  • Shadow Claw
  • Shadow Sneak

• Spore
  • Spiky Shield
  • Seed Flare
  • Leaf Blade
  • Synthesis
  • Wood Hammer

• Spikes
  • Precipice Blades

• Ice Shard
  • Ice Punch
  • Freeze-Dry
  • Icicle Crash
  • Icicle Spear
  • Glaciate
  • Haze

• Fake Out
  • Extreme Speed
  • Shell Smash
  • Belly Drum
  • Baton Pass
  • Lovely Kiss
  • Head Charge
  • Boomburst
  • Swords Dance
  • Endeavor
  • Explosion
  • Encore
  • Disable
  • Heal Bell
  • Milk Drink
  • Wish
  • Rapid Spin

• Toxic Spikes
  • Venom Drench
  • Clear Smog
  • Coil
  • Gunk Shot
  • Belch

• Future Sight
  • Lunar Dance
  • Agility
  • Stored Power
  • Gravity
  • Heart Swap
  • Trick
  • Trick Room
  • Psystrike

• Diamond Storm
  • Head Smash

• Shift Gear
  • Gear Grind
  • Doom Desire
  • King's Shield
  • Bullet Punch
  • Meteor Mash

• Water Shuriken
  • Soak
  • Water Spout
  • Origin Pulse

/*wip*/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)