LC Player of the Week 2: Kingler12345

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Best known for lucking his way through the 2015 LC Open, Kingler12345 has since firmly established himself as a perpetually average tour player, having gone negative in SPL 7 despite a memorable high jump kick miss that won him his first game of the season. He spent his first four weeks of SPL 8 benched as a team builder for madoka - a user who is known for frequently quitting the LC community - and is generally seen as the type of guy who says an offensive gg before a speed tie. Will he ever be able to shake off his reputation?

Player of the Week 2: Kingler12345
Aliases: Krabboss12345, Kingler12, Kinglucker12345, Kingler6.25

Is it true that you are twelve years old?

no

How did you pick your name? Do you plan to change it?

I picked my name on PS! first; unfortunately Kingler was taken, and so was "kingler1," so I decided to go all the way with not one, not two, not three, but five numbers.

I asked for a change to 'Kingler' like forever ago but Oglemi was being a butt about it then; I grew to realize my name is the greatest anyway.

Great name for sure, but some users doubt whether your playing ability matches up; in addition, the general consensus that you're among the luckiest players around. What are your thoughts on that?

I think that people tend to be really stupid about stuff like that; a lot of the time people don't have the ability to critically assess games and determine who had the better chances to win throughout the game. For example, in my game versus ZoroDark in SPL 7, I got a last turn HJK miss with his Mienfoo without which I lost; however, a few turns prior my own Mienfoo got crit on an HJK that never KOed otherwise (which basically secured me the game). So I had a ~90%ish chance to win there, basically, and the miss was part of a probability sequence of the other 10%. I choked earlier on by saccing snubbull anyway LOL but w/e -

But yeah, I don't think I'm particularly lucky. And there are many important tour games in which I've been lucked so like lol stay salty noobs

“I grew to realize my name is the greatest anyway.”

Okay, but who gets luckier in test games between you and your teammate madoka? Do you feel that you had a role to play when she also nearly choked away her week 1 game - against a Snubbull? Do you look up to her for her teambuilding and battling skills?

We're both upstanding users who pretty much never luck, not sure where you get that idea from lol. I think she's prob luckier in test games though.

:spooky:

Yes, but triple chloro sun is fucking stupid.

You just came out of your first SPL game this season with a clean win using Wingull, which was quite surprising considering your reputation for using more standard builds. What was your thought process behind the team?

Wingull was something I'd been contemplating a team with since around the start of Week 3 and something doka and I discussed as a team choice versus Levi. She didn't end up using the team I built that week, but the team I'd built proved to be solid in testing and I believed that it'd do well. So I fine tuned it a bit and brought it for ict; seemed to do well vs the standard-ish stuff he brought in the past weeks of SPL anyway so it seemed like a good choice. It ended up getting a pretty nice match-up as the game showed, although it seemed like the Grassium Ponyta set wasn't much of a surprise to him considering his switch to Snivy on it. Speaking of the Ponyta set, it's something I've given in the import of my team below and a set I've used quite a bit; it's a pretty nice Water-type lure if your opponent doesn't know what the set is and pretty hard to play around. People don't prep that much for Fire-types anyways. Also rips through sun if you get a Flame Charge boost or 2 which is never bad.

As a Mon itself, Wingull's a viable choice that can shred quite a few teams but is fairly dependent on hitting those 1 or 2 key Hurricanes without which you get OHKOed by basically anything. I think it's slept on a bit too much by a few people but it's a fairly niche choice and can tend to be inconsistent. Not something I'd use in the playoffs of a tournament but it's still a really cool poke that can put in a lot of work.

Are there any other Pokemon that you feel are underappreciated at the moment? How about things that you feel are overrated?

Stuff like archen which is a really potent offensive threat, numel, chinchou, drilbur, kabuto is apparently low in VR or something?, this wingull pokemon, probably slowpoke too. In terms of overrated stuff, pawniard unfortunately disappoints when i use him, staryu and timburr are great but shouldn't be on almost every other team, vullaby's broken-ness is blown out of proportion. but yeah there's not too much i think people 'hype up' that isn't really that good because a lot of stuff is viable and pretty workable in the meta.

What are your overall thoughts on how LC in SPL 8 has been going? How do you think it compares to LC in SPL 7?

The amount of Sun has been kind of annoying but the level of play has been pretty great, though ferro-timburr-snubbull balance gets kinda zzz. The dudes with top records (zoro, levi) pre-midseason as well as new guys around the block like ict made lots of good reads in their games. Ruiners LC were predicted to do badly but had a strong showing in the tier with some Cool Things. LC this season feels a lot more tour-acclimated with there having been some form of continuity in its representation in SPL and I think people as a result have upped their game over the past year. Another sign is multiple teams drafting more than one LCer, which still had quite a few great LCers left out. I think that shows increase in the general level of competition and skill level so yeah.

“I don't think I'm particularly lucky.”

Which current or former members of the LC playerbase stand out to you? Is there anybody you particularly respect?

Probably would have to be blara; even though lol blara, he's someone who helped me out when I was starting in the LC forum. I ended up not doing shit there but that's a different story. Also easily one of the best LC players just on basis of skill. He also would've banned Diglett which probably makes him the best LC tier leader of all time. Vileman's a BW bro and quite possibly the best player to grace BW LC. Quite a few great people I could shout out here but yeah, the playerbase is far more stacked this year than last year which is obviously great to see.

Then I take it you're still pro Diglett ban - do you feel that it has gotten more or less banworthy with the generation shift?

Well, it was pretty broken in ORAS b/c it trapped lots of important stuff and had 2 amazing sets; it made building really hard because every team you have to go an extra length to not be weak to fletch + dig or whatever random mon + dig have you.

The sucker nerf kind of hurts dig but like not really because gothita's gone anyway; it'll be worse off chipping Scarf Rufflet trying to revenge kill it maybe, but in terms of 1v1 matchups not THAT much really changes. I'd probably say it's even more broken now because the Groundium Z set makes trapping stuff like Foongus and Snubbull at higher HP possible, which makes Fighters even more annoying. There's also new mons like Mareanie that easily get trapped by Diglett. I really think that a lot of arguments against dig ban were pretty sketchy and well-refuted; blara's post in the ORAS LC thread still largely applies. Diglett absolutely deserves a suspect and I hope it gets one.

Is there anything else you feel is potentially banworthy?

Sun should be banned, it's ridiculously strong and insane to prepare for lol. I'm not sure if it should happen in the middle of SPL but it definitely should; its performance in SPL itself indicates how stupid it is. Foongus should not be banned but is still broken af.

What other areas of the LC community or metagame do you think could be improved upon? What about LC do you enjoy the most?

Although I disliked certain people like a year ago b/c of unwarranted shit that I got, I love the community at large and I talk to a few peeps from time to time. The metagame's pretty fun even though Z-moves are stupid; I think banning Diglett and sun is the extent of what I would do. I enjoy how LC is basically one big community not just in terms of testing and sharing innovations but also socially and does fun stuff from time to time.

You're more well-versed in a variety of tiers than most LC mains. Do you feel that LC is more difficult to be creative in? What are your thoughts on the mechanical differences between level 5 and 100?

In ORAS it probably is, there's just so much stuff that you need to not get destroyed by that you're restricted in your slots; innovative teams often have glaring weaknesses that you just have to accept as tradeoffs and have a game plan for. Haven't really got a great idea of SM tiers so far but in general SM LC has quite a lot of room for innovation with all the Z-moves running around; you don't really need to check everything if you can lure it in and KO it with an unexpected move.

I think the mechanical difference between Level 5 and Level 100 is really exaggerated; the LC rolls matter more especially for stuff like multi-hit moves and you have more mons in the same speed tier in general but I don't find these to be huge issues especially at a high level of play.

Lastly, do you have a team that you would like to share?

Here is the Wingull team, described earlier, that Kingler12345 won week 5 of SPL 8 with:

Ponyta @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 5
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flame Charge
- Hypnosis
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam

Wingull @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Hurricane
- Scald
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Memento

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Acrobatics
- Head Smash

Pumpkaboo-Super @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 204 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak
- Bullet Seed

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 196 Atk / 156 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Thank you so much for your time, Kingler12345; those were very insightful responses.

---

Thanks for reading our second player of the week! Unfortunately, GOAO is no longer able to co-host these with me, so as you may have noticed, I will be hosting them on my own.

If you have any suggestions for how PotW should be run, feel free to let me know. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Once again, grats on getting a clean win vs ict, those must come very rarely.

Are u biased for dig ban because you have a Ponyta fetish?

In the near future, will we see you applying for Bangladeshi Citizenship ?

If you were to play strip poker with someone, who would it be from the following - Arifeen or Eniigma

What was the first thing that came into your mind after finding out you lost to goao and not bouff ?

why are you so gay and why do you have a small dick
remember when i beat u 4-1 in bangladesh classic and you had to ct lead skarm with lead mag in ur win

Once again, grats on getting a clean win vs ict, those must come very rarely.

Are u biased for dig ban because you have a Ponyta fetish?

In the near future, will we see you applying for Bangladeshi Citizenship ?

If you were to play strip poker with someone, who would it be from the following - Arifeen or Eniigma

What was the first thing that came into your mind after finding out you lost to goao and not bouff ?
thank u

not rly, ponyta's a good mon but i wouldn't say i'm someone who's known for using it. diglett is fucking broken for many reasons.

i'm uncomfortably close geographically to arifeen already, why would i do that

become scarred for life or a convicted pedophile... yeah there's no way that works out well for me

I was incredibly surprised to learn that Bouff had been ghosted. The thought pretty much had never crossed my mind and I'm sure most of the community didn't suspect a player of his caliber doing something of this nature. Guess the best of us fall prey to this too, haha.

(idk i consider it one of my worst losses and when that was confirmed it didn't exactly help b/c lol)

hey kingler im a stronger chess player than ever before, are you willing to lose to me?

Also why you shittalking my boi billy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)