Tournament LC Swiss Tournament - Won by Waterlessmelon

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ggggd [70] vs [30] kushal00
Quick wits, good looks, and huge amounts of luck; the spectators can only watch in awe as Pablo "Absolute Legend" Ggggd proves that he truly has it all, decimating his opposition to effortlessly enter top cut undefeated. That being said, it looks like kushal00 knows his stuff so far, and this is his chance to prove it - should he convincingly come out on top in a bo3 against arguably the greatest LC player of all time, then his LC career is already set.

Imanalt [35] vs [65] Endal
I haven't really followed Imanalt's progress throughout this gen, and I'm sure he's improved. But right now, I'm judging him by his claims early on in the metagame that Mudbray was low B, and Mareanie > Foongus. Considering how Endal has squads from the likes of trash and mad0ka, that would make for a pretty big discrepancy in team quality.

Confide [55] vs [45] frania
Confide has much more LC experience than frania does, but he hasn't really come off as motivated. I think that if either player decides to put in some prep, they won't have too much trouble taking the win.

Shrug [45] vs [55] Gummysaur
At his best, Shrug is one of the strongest LCers around, and has the advantage here in terms of LC experience and building ability for sure, but Gummysaur has been a lot more energetic for this tournament, and I think that'll make a big difference. Gummysaur's thought process is that of a genius, her uncanny ability to read a situation only fully appreciated through a poorly written warstory. I struggle to imagine Shrug overcoming a warrior of Narnia.

TUO [60] vs [40] fitzy72
Two LC greats from BW look to decide on who is less out of touch with the current metagame. Fitzy is no slouch in overall LC ability either, and was certainly one of the best LCers during early XY, but when it comes to having kept up with the metagame, TUO has the upper hand. Let's see how Fitzy attempts to deal with a Fairy check, Shellder check, and a strong Knock Off - all in a single teamslot.

GOAO [60] vs [40] The Quasar
The Quasar is a strong overall mons player with good LC mechanics and decent metagame knowledge. Against most opponents, his experience would allow him to easily hold his own. But at the end of the day, The Quasar is still human. What is a mere human to a GOAOd?

majaspic22 [55] vs [45] Zebraiken
Probably the highlight match this round. Zebraiken is definitely among the most impressive of the newer LCers, possesses a great deal of experience playing in other tiers, and has already demonstrated a strong grasp of the LC metagame. On the other hand, it's tough to predict against majaspic no matter what, when he has been one of the most consistently solid LCers for years. Definitely looking forward to this.

WaterlessMelon [0] vs [100] Lax

ggggd vs kushal00-- ggggd is looking amazing rn. I'm probs gonna end up building with kush but still ggggd is getting to semis at least. This man is one of the most underrated LCers rn and we're seeing what he can do.

Imanalt vs Endal-- Endal is gonna bring some mon Imanalt is un prepped for and bop him. Endal is all about a weirdly viable mon and opponents having nothing for it. His creativity has honestly super impressed me and I'm a fan.

Confide vs frania-- Confide knows LC well. Frania seems to, however many of the players up here have the exact same building style. Despite Frania being an excellent player if confide puts any effort into teambuilding he easily has this.

Shrug vs Gummysaur-- This will be a fun match. Gotta go with the s l a m m e r though (That and Abra is ridiculous). If we don't see double s l a m m e r I will be SUPER disappointed.

TUO vs fitzy72-- Billy. Fitzy will bring webs

GOAO vs The Quasar-- GOAO makes some incredible LC teams. If he plays as nice as most of his squads look should be an easy win. Don't sleep on Quasar. If he puts the effort in he could upset. One of the best matches this week.

majaspic22 vs Zebraiken-- Every team Zeb makes is so aesthetically pleasing. Then again majaspic22 also has some nice teams, however Zeb has more experience overall and can scout players better. If Zeb goes with his gut and plays well, he should have this bar sun shenanigans

WaterlessMelon vs Lax-- Melon brings very similar styles of teams every week. He is in my opinion the easiest person to ct in the tournament left. That being said I lost to him :/ This will be the best match this week imo. If lax cts or just asks like mods what Melon like to bring and preps he should have it easy, however Melon could bring and prep up something new given that it is Top 16 now. If Melon brings a mon to catch Lax off guard Melon could easily take it. Really up to prep imo and melon has a snorlax as his prof pic so Lax is winning
New

Last edited:
Zeb (100) vs WaterlessMelon (0)- Lax had it. Melon is a hacker. Zeb is jesus at mons. Just a fact. Read it in my textbook.
Shrug (60) vs Frania (40)- Frania thus far has really impressed me. His teams have been solid and he plays incredibly, however Shrug had an amazing show last week. Absolutely blowing back a solid battler being Gummy. If Shrug puts the time in, he should win. However Frania has been incredible as well. If he comes with some non-standard stuff and throws Shrug off, he could have a chance. But he has brought super standard all tournament. I don't see that happening. If anything Shrug would have much more success bringing something weird, as it would throw frania off. If it's standard v standard though Frania has a solid chance.
tuo vs goao (Sorry fitz)- both of these players will lose. lc quickbanned caps and these 2 clearly didn't get the message. they will get dqed, and LAXUS will take their spot and rematch melon in semis as melon haxes zeb out and pop him 5-0
Pablo (65) vs Imanalt (35)- Pablo has been incredible, then again imanalt has been very solid, however just based off battles and LC experience, he is the worst player left (except for the loser melon of course) in my opinion. Pablo has not only had cute teams, but also has played very solidly. Unless imanalt plays super fucking ballsy and hard reads pablo, pablo should win as long as he preps.

Last edited:

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
first time making predicts oo

ggggd (70) vs Imanalt (30) - pablo is a LEGEND. i don't think i have ever seen him lose in my life. i'm only giving him 70 tho bc pablo literally gave imanalt all his teams beforehand and if imanalt loses with team screenshots that's a little embarrassing.

Shrug (60) vs frania (40) - i want shrug to win this tour so at least i lost to the winner lol. In all seriousness Shrug is really good but i haven't been keeping up on frania. frania could be the next mon jesus but i haven't been watching every battle so it could really go either way!

TUO (65) vs fitzy (35) - another case of "i don't really know either battler well enough to give a serious review", but TUO is the closest to being undefeated so i have to give the vote to him. fitzy is really good from what i've seen too tho.

GOAO (80) vs whoever (20) - if zeb is mon jesus, goao is mon god, and dont look into that metaphor im just saying goao is super good at mons and will probably win!

zeb (45) vs melon (55) - i mean, melon's my tutor so i kind of have to vote for him, but zeb is winning this. sorry melon D:!

GOAO

Banned deucer.
w.e i guess i'll make them too ?_?

ggggd (95) vs Imanalt (5) - just a better player, not much to say

Shrug (60) vs frania (40) - idk honestly

TUO (80) vs fitzy (20) - fitzy isnt very good at sm

GOAO (100) vs TUO (0) - come fite

zeb (60) vs melon (40) - just the better player lol

lost in kind of a laughable series

actually wait im not laughing

EDIT: I'm never gonna claim I'm gonna do well in anything tomorrow, my timezone and schedule p much forces me to play after hours of exams work, things are't consistent enough for me to really succeed in anything related to Pokemon. Billy is dead, I asked him for his last words. He said 'x ' then he stopped breathing, he wanted to keep fighting for his life, but he couldn't keep fighting because HP Fighting

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)