Project LC Teambuilding Competition 3.0: Week 3 [submissions]

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Little Cup Team Building Competition!
Taken over and OP adapted from Mambo / approved by macle

The last teambuilding competition went on hold for SPLC, but now that that is coming to an end Mambo has agreed to let me host another one! The goal of this project is to hone your team building skills, and understand how experienced Little Cup players go about building their teams around a particular core. For this project there will also be an emphasis on creativity, to avoid boring standard teams being posted every round, teams can only use two of the following pokemon: Pawniard, Chinchou and Mienfoo. With this condition in place, viable teams can still be made but it makes things a little more fun and prevents the same shit from being used round after round. So in summary the goals around this project are:
  • To hone team building skills around a particular core
  • Being creative in team building, yet still make viable teams
  • Learn from others on how they team build around a particular core
  • Discover new and effective cores in the metagame
The rules of this thread are very simple, I post a core or a single Pokemon and users have a week to teambuild around that core/Pokemon; when the week is up people post what they think was the best team for that week. I would prefer people to explain in one or two sentences why they chose the team that they voted for and please please please don't bandwagon just because a user has mods, doesn't mean they are going to post the best team lol. Voting stage also lasts a week with the winners team being placed in the Team Building Hall Of Fame. Rules for posting;
  • Make the post presentable, use XY sprites (or PokeSho if real) and have the team in exportable format so it can be used
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things, in fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it
  • Use hide tags when posting your team
  • You can only have two of the following Pokemon on your team: Mienfoo, Pawniard, Chinchou, and Archen

That said, the first core is...

This is a pretty straightforward core, with houndour dealing big damage to things that aren't fighting types, and snubs dealing with most of those. Excited to see what you guys come up with!

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hall of Fame:
Old hall of fame can be found here.

Week 1: Coconut
Houndour @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
- Fire Blast

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 Def / 196 SpA / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Recycle

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
You may now post teams! Team submissions will be closed March 15. Feel free to post thoughts and critiques on the teams other people post as well.

Last edited:
I'll edit in a team later, but I think you should consider removing fletchling (and maybe replacing it with timburr) from the no more than two list, as the meta game has evolved to check it to the point that it's not overwhelming in the least.

Nineage

Pugnacious.
I'll edit in a team later, but I think you should consider removing fletchling (and maybe replacing it with timburr) from the no more than two list, as the meta game has evolved to check it to the point that it's not overwhelming in the least.
Thanks for the suggestion, tazz. I agree that fletchling is no longer nearly as big of an issue, and as such Fletchling has now been removed from the list of pokemon you can't use more than two of.
For this round, I won't replace it with anything, so don't use more than two of chinchou, pawniard, and foo.

Hey, it's the first time I'm building something without Mienfoo!

What will go with a based core such as Snubbull/Houndour core? A based Pokémon such as Wooper. The core has two problems mainly which are Croagunk and Chinchou to a lesser extent and Wooper can deal with both of those mons especially Chinchou. The other problem with this core was that it can't deal with to Fletchling and is hazards weak and Archen can fix both of those problems and can also give another answer to the problematic Croagunk. Now I'm Pawniard weak and I thought Croagunk would be the best Pokémon to go with as it can deal with Pawniard along with giving an answer to annoying Fairy-types as well as some Fighting-types. So lastly I saw that the team is too weak to Foongus and I thought the best mon to go with would be Vullaby with its ability Overcoat, it has HP Fighting for Pawniard which can be so surprising (always 2HKOs 116 SDef Pawn with no investment and negative nature) and can also provide Knock Off support for its teammates.
Houndour @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 40 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Destiny Bond
- Pursuit

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 40 Def / 40 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
- Thief

Wooper @ Eviolite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Yawn

Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 Def / 212 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 80 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Nine immediately parlaying scrub notoriety into thread leadership, attaboy fren :)

I'm not usually proud of my teambuilding, but this is a very good team based around SnubDoge. The team's backbone is the core; both mons simultaneously support and are supported by one another as well as the team. Archen beats Fletchling primarily as well as other threats, gains momentum with U-Turn, and threatens mons with Stone Edge and EQ. Eviolite + Roost (Rowan endorsed!) gives more bulk and longevity, as Acro isn't particularly valuable on this team. Ferroseed is the Rocks setter and general check to things; it lures Fire moves Houndour eats and is cushioned by Snubbull's baby-faced lack of fucks give about fighting moves. Staryu spins away hazards that Dour resents while appreciating Dog's pressure on Grass-types. Timburr is the wincon, Houndour takes out Abra and Gastly as well as weakening Fairies; Snubs plays a similar role, often bruising Fary-types in a pinch. Dour traps things, bangs things, uses prio, and is a general badass, as is his wont. Snubbull stops fighting types while hitting super hard with Play Rough; EvioThief is the best set because you will take a Knock Off in the first 12+ turns, and stealing one back is rather nice.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-205944937

I'm an overachiever bc i posted a replay showing why EvioThief Snubs is good

Archen @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 100 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 164 HP / 188 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 40 Atk / 156 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Houndour @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 Atk / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Snubbull @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 124 Def / 36 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
THATS MY CORE OML

So anywho short version of what my team does

Dour: Traps Ghosts / Psychics, absorbs burns
Snub: Laughs at Fights and other physical threats
Gunk: Stops enemy Gunk and helps Snub with Fighting types
Star: Spins and handles enemy hazard setters with water/elec coverage
Arch: Hazard Control as well as powerful physical attacker (i think i was on drugs when i made this set)
Mag: SturdyJuice safety net and add a bit of momentum to the team

Azazel (Houndour) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
- Pursuit

Abaddon (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Earthquake
- Thief

Bael (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
EVs: 52 HP / 188 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Baphomet (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 Def / 116 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

Belial (Archen) @ Berry Juice
EVs: 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost

Lucifer (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Recycle
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Flash Cannon

posting team here for now, I'll edit with desc later

http://pastebin.com/kPANUdvq

The premise of this team is clearly quite simple: clean with Mienfoo. To reach that aim, Houndour traps any Ghost-type or Abra, and can switch into Foongus reliably thanks to Early Bird. Houndour's offensive presence also helps Mienfoo clean by weakening the opposing team. Snubbull can switch into Fighting-types that will force Houndour out, and its power and ability to remove Eviolites also works towards Mienfoo cleaning late game. Chinchou and Archen function as Fletchling checks, with Chinchou being the primary switch-in. Chinchou has HP Psychic to damage Croagunk, as the team has limited options for it otherwise. Archen's set is no item for an immediately powerful Acrobatics. The presence of a VoltTurn core makes Diglett a very good option for this team, and it can trap weakened Poison-types and Fire-types primarily.

I'll finish later

Last edited:

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
WOAH A TEAM WITHOUT ARCHEN.

This team, titled "This Team is Better Than Jac's", is centered around crippling things that would prevent a sweep; then forcing a sweep with it's variety of wincons. Dour is there as an Abra and a Pony check and is meant to take something down with it when using Destiny Bond. For Snubbull I opted for a more defensive moveset, taking both Heal Bell and TWave. This will allow my sweepers to remain healthy and paralyze things that could potentially stop the sweep. Foongus was my defensive option because I needed a way to stop water mons from running through me. In addition to that, Foongus is packing Stun Spore with Spore so it can put something to sleep AND paralyze the switch-in. Pancham is a Swords Dance Variant because I wanted to be able to set something that would also have longevity. (Looking at you Croagunk) I also wanted to use Panda because it can handle Spritzee with Gunk Shot. Gothita was an obvious choice for the team because I needed a special attacker. I wanted to run a Calm Mind set because it can run through teams if Trick is used correctly. Gothita can also cripple a setup user or a lead which can lead to a clean sweep. Munchlax is a very underused poke that should really receive more attention. Thick Fat makes Fire types its bitch. 18 Special Defense makes Special hitters in general cry. Recycle to get munchlax's already enormous health bar back. And Curse, the main reason I used this mon, it's ability to setup and take a few mons back can really turn the tide on a game.

I hope you enjoyed my team, importable is below.

Houndour @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
- Fire Blast

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Pancham @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Recycle

nine, can you elaborate on what you mean by best? i.e. what factors ought to go into what a user votes for.

im only asking this because i have a based af team with this core + heliop and cm pass floon but some people dont like originality.

e: and it has bj dazzlechou and physdef solosis lmao #based

Nineage

Pugnacious.
nine, can you elaborate on what you mean by best? i.e. what factors ought to go into what a user votes for.

im only asking this because i have a based af team with this core + heliop and cm pass floon but some people dont like originality.

e: and it has bj dazzlechou and physdef solosis lmao #based
By voting for the best team I mean users vote for the team that they think is the best built and is the most effective in the current metagame. Creativity can play a factor in your vote, but users should try and avoid voting for gimmicky mons because they are gimmicky. If your solosis squad is well-built and effective, feel free to post it, just be sure to explain why you chose those mons and how the team functions.

Based hot-dog Crew

When I saw the core for the first time, the first thing I thought was "Zigzagoon !!!". Zigzagoon has a great synergy with the core. Snubbull's Intimidate make easier his set-up, twave cripples switch-ins in order to facilite the sweep, and he can beat fighting who are a huge threat for Zig. Houndour is an excellent Ghost Trapper and Gastly was a problem for zig (like all the ghost faster than him tbh). Also, for the zigzagoon set, I took the main set. Gunk shot was another good idea but it's easier to beat Spritzee than Omanyte/Tirtouga imo. Then, I did a listing of boring things for zig.

-Porygon/Lickitung and all of normal bulkies.
-Spritzee
-Sturdies/Sash.
-Some Steel types, that I can't kill without Houndour, but after a pursuit trap duel with Abra/Gastly, his life is low, and probably pawn kills me with Sucker Punch. Ferro is a threat too. And I have no good switch in to Magnemite.
-Also my core was weak to chou.
-Some shitty things like Lileep

As you can see, Croagunk was a logic choice for me. It counters Spritz, normal bulkies, steel types, can absorb chou's scald, and beat Lileep. He was probably the best teammate. Also, I like playing with a lot of priorities in order ro RK things like Omanyte/Tirtouga without Zbutt, and Vacuum Wave was perfect.
Now I can counter steel + fight. But this was not enough for me, I wanted to trap him, in order to be sure I can place zigzagoon, and kill after a RK.
Diglett's set is p original. I needed SR, in order to break free sashs, Sub because I can't trap pawn without if i'm orber, and I needed Memento too for a free set-up. So that was logic, I set the three ! Mono-EQ isn't that problematic, I just want to trap steel types. Rock Slide would have be useless here. His ground type was also a benediction for me, because Croagunk-Diglett core is really a pain for chou, it can arrive in all of his attacks with anticipation, and even kill him if he did a vswitch. Finally, I saw that my team has a huge problem with fletchling and even defensive archen. Also, my team missed special. Special + counter birds, can I do explain ? So BJ, Scald, Volt Switch, Heal Bell for support, and ... ? I don't need HP Ground, if Magne switch in a vswitch, Croagunk/Houndour laughs, and if chou, Croagunk/Diglett put a huge pression on him. So I chase Sucker Punch, because a priority is always useful, and because it can cripple Abra/kill Gastly, who can be problematic for this team !

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Thief

Croagunk @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 32 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Memento

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Sucker Punch

Btw, Kavatika, Chinchou learns Psybeam, so you could change HP Psychic by this move c: ...

Last edited:

Nineage

Pugnacious.
Based hot-dog Crew

When I saw the core for the first time, the first thing I thought was "Zigzagoon !!!". Zigzagoon has a great synergy with the core. Snubbull's Intimidate make easier his set-up, twave cripples switch-ins in order to facilite the sweep, and he can beat fighting who are a huge threat for Zig. Houndour is an excellent Ghost Trapper and Gastly was a problem for zig (like all the ghost faster than him tbh). Also, for the zigzagoon set, I took the main set. Gunk shot was another good idea but it's easier to beat Spritzee than Omanyte/Tirtouga imo. Then, I did a listing of boring things for zig.

-Porygon/Lickitung and all of normal bulkies.
-Spritzee
-Sturdies/Sash.
-Some Steel types, that I can't kill without Houndour, but after a pursuit trap duel with Abra/Gastly, his life is low, and probably pawn kills me with Sucker Punch. Ferro is a threat too. And I have no good switch in to Magnemite.
-Also my core was weak to chou.
-Some shitty things like Lileep

As you can see, Croagunk was a logic choice for me. It counters Spritz, normal bulkies, steel types, can absorb chou's scald, and beat Lileep. He was probably the best teammate. Also, I like playing with a lot of priorities in order ro RK things like Omanyte/Tirtouga without Zbutt, and Vacuum Wave was perfect.
Now I can counter steel + fight. But this was not enough for me, I wanted to trap him, in order to be sure I can place zigzagoon, and kill after a RK.
Diglett's set is p original. I needed SR, in order to break free sashs, Sub because I can't trap pawn without if i'm orber, and I needed Memento too for a free set-up. So that was logic, I set the three ! Mono-EQ isn't that problematic, I just want to trap steel types. Rock Slide would have be useless here. His ground type was also a benediction for me, because Croagunk-Diglett core is really a pain for chou, it can arrive in all of his attacks with anticipation, and even kill him if he did a vswitch. Finally, I saw that my team has a huge problem with fletchling and even defensive archen. Also, my team missed special. Special + counter birds, can I do explain ? So BJ, Scald, Volt Switch, Heal Bell for support, and ... ? I don't need HP Ground, if Magne switch in a vswitch, Croagunk/Houndour laughs, and if chou, Croagunk/Diglett put a huge pression on him. So I chase Sucker Punch, because a priority is always useful, and because it can cripple Abra/kill Gastly, who can be problematic for this team !

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Thunder Wave

Houndour @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 108 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Seed Bomb
- Thief

Croagunk @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 32 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Knock Off

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Memento

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Sucker Punch

Btw, Kavatika, Chinchou learns Psybeam, so you could change HP Psychic by this move c: ...
Have you considered running eq on croagunk? At the moment your team seems to have huge problems switching into other croagunk and running eq would help your gunk beat them. You do have diglett, but it can't switch in.

I considered EQ yeah. But tbh, I need Knock Off on him (I always plays with at least one Koff).
I don't think I have huge problems with others croagunk. If EQ Croagunk, yeah, it's difficult for me. But tbh, I trap him after a kill with Diglett, so...
If Croagunk switch on me, usually I switch my own croagunk. But it's a question of anticipation too. It arrived that I predict a Drain Punch, and I switch on Snub, who outspeed and does like 75% with EQ, or even then switch on diglett, in order to take a future sludge bomb, and kill him.
It's a HO, so for me, I just need checks, no counters (or just for set-ups sweepers who can destroy my team.). But I will try Psybeam on chou in order to switch on him c: ! Atm I never have troubles with him.

WOAH A TEAM WITHOUT ARCHEN.

This team, titled "This Team is Better Than Jac's", is centered around crippling things that would prevent a sweep; then forcing a sweep with it's variety of wincons. Dour is there as an Abra and a Pony check and is meant to take something down with it when using Destiny Bond. For Snubbull I opted for a more defensive moveset, taking both Heal Bell and TWave. This will allow my sweepers to remain healthy and paralyze things that could potentially stop the sweep. Foongus was my defensive option because I needed a way to stop water mons from running through me. In addition to that, Foongus is packing Stun Spore with Spore so it can put something to sleep AND paralyze the switch-in. Pancham is a Swords Dance Variant because I wanted to be able to set something that would also have longevity. (Looking at you Croagunk) I also wanted to use Panda because it can handle Spritzee with Gunk Shot. Gothita was an obvious choice for the team because I needed a special attacker. I wanted to run a Calm Mind set because it can run through teams if Trick is used correctly. Gothita can also cripple a setup user or a lead which can lead to a clean sweep. Munchlax is a very underused poke that should really receive more attention. Thick Fat makes Fire types its bitch. 18 Special Defense makes Special hitters in general cry. Recycle to get munchlax's already enormous health bar back. And Curse, the main reason I used this mon, it's ability to setup and take a few mons back can really turn the tide on a game.

I hope you enjoyed my team, importable is below.

Houndour @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
- Fire Blast

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Thief
- Heal Bell

Foongus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Pancham @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Munchlax @ Berry Juice
Impish Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Fire Punch
- Recycle
The name of this team should be enjoy losing to fletch lol

Nineage

Pugnacious.
Friendly reminder that submissions close on the morning of the 15th. If you plan to submit a team, be sure to do it by then. I love everything I'm seeing so far.
Also, I am taking suggestions for cores or single pokemon to be built around next week. If you would like to suggest a core or a single pokemon, shoot me a pm here or on PS! Please try and keep your submissions interesting but not extremely gimmicky.

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
The name of this team should be enjoy losing to fletch lol
The team might look like it loses to Fletch, but if you actually play it you'll realize it has a counter and two Fletch checks.

-1 196+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 116 HP / 196 Def Snubbull: 9-12 (37.5 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Snubbull has no trouble switching into Fletch, eating it's Berry Juice and generally walling it. Munchlax also can do something similar and tank 3+ hits with Berry Juice + Recycle. Dour also has the ability to be higher on the priority chain with Sucker Punch, preventing a sweep.

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Datcoconut

It doesn't have Archen like practically all the other teams have and it relies on some under appreciated stuff like Munchlax. It's solid and I've done decent with it on ladder.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anybody but Yagura

DatCoconut

Who really needs checks to Fletchling? Just man up and bop it with a Sucker Punch

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
DatCoconut

Munchlax is cute and Panda is cute and he is cute and his team is cute

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Coco's team is legit as hell. The only thing I have an issue with is it dealing with Oma after munchlax has been weakened, say by the likes of Gastly or Abra. Hazard Stack HO also seems rather annoying, but that's rather true for most teams. (and generally, that play style is /bad/ right now). It has checks for a lot of things other than that, but certain mons have a lot of pressure on them to perform as check. Nevertheless it looks nice and very playable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)